RAVENWOOD ACADEMY: THE UNIVER...

By LaviniaLavigne

Athena Shin, a normal high school student before time not until she decided to transfer to the Ravenwood Acad... More

RAVENWOOD ACADEMY: THE UNIVERSITY OF CHAOS
CHAPTER 1: INCEPTION OF DAWN
CHAPTER 2: A MEDICINE?
CHAPTER 3: RECRUIT ME!
CHAPTER 4: DOOR OF OPPORTUNITY
CHAPTER 5: TEA OF TRUST AND ACCEPTANCE
CHAPTER 6: ONE- TWO- THREE- FREEZE! ( PART 1 )
CHAPTER 8: BLACK MAMBA'S THREAD

CHAPTER 7: ONE- TWO-THREE-FREEZE ( PART 2 )

6 1 0
By LaviniaLavigne

ATHENA'S POV

Since my companions insisted, I am now here on the ground floor and checking every bit and corner of the birthday hall where Jane, the missing birthday celebrant, celebrates her birthday. We're almost here half an hour but we still saw nothing. Even the butterfly necklace that Thea asks us to find. We couldn't find it anywhere. I'm getting bored as the time goes by. This isn't thrilling at all.

Hera said it will gonna be exciting but looks like we're finding a needle in a haystack. 

I touched the front bar, the desk, and the chairs. It's all well cleaned. I doubt we can still find any evidence here.

" We're just wasting our time. " I mumbled to myself. I cover my mouth as I immediately look around. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized En and Weasley  weren't on my back. Thank goodness!
I'm certainly sure they're going to lecture me again if they happen to hear me.

I was about to leave when something caught my attention. It was the black curtain just beside the comfort room. I've never been here before so I have no idea what is it. Out of curiosity, I just found myself coming to that place.

I opened the curtains and I saw a fridge facing me. But it's not pretty normal.

" A fridge that has a locked? " I uttered in amusement. I abruptly feel a bad presence here. I felt uncomfortable.

I planned to call En but all of a sudden I remember all the things that he had said to me earlier. That I'm all nothing but talk.

" Okay! " I inhaled and exhaled. I hold a grip of the wood that were blocking the outside of the rusty fridge. I ponder what's inside of it to even put a wooden barrier.

At first, I was struggling so hard to remove the wood but it wasn't too long and I eventually detached it.

" Finally! " I blurted out. I didn't think twice and open the door right away  which I instantly regret in a second. I am greatly shocked on what I saw.
I couldn't say anything and all I just want is to puke so badly.

At last I find my voice again and I screamed in horror. I don't care if it is so loud and echoed in the whole school. I don't care about that. I went out of the black curtain. I stumbled but En was quick to catch me in his arms.

" Are you alright? You're sweating so bad. " Weasley concernedly asked. I looked at him and he seemed to be blurring in my sight. I nod my head. Hera hand me a bottle of water and supported my head as I drink.

" Weasley can you check what's behind the curtain? " En ordered to him.  " You too Hera, go after him. "

The both of them follow his commands and proceeded inside. I was still dangling on his arms. Yeah! I hate him but I couldn't think of that right now. I'm going to fall if I insisted to stand by my own.

" What happened? What did you
see? " He suddenly spoke. I thought he was talking to someone else but I soon realize it's just only the two of us here.

" I s-saw Jane. I-inside the freezer. " I muttered. The horrible face of Jane swiftly return in my head. Her wide open eyes, the crack on her face, and the frozen blood on his head. I shook my head repeatedly to erase the memory. I'm afraid I'll have a nightmare later when I sleep.

We waited a minute or two before Weasley and Hera finally comes out. He shrugged his head indicating that Jane is already dead.

" I'll go call the police. " He subject and glance at my roommate.  " Hera show them what we got inside. " He added before leaving the place.

Hera raised her hand and showed us a sparkling strand. She's wearing a rubber gloves maybe to not contaminate the DNA it has. It could be served as evidence in the court so it's important it's not get corrupt. She placed it inside a sealed plastic. But wait-

Isn't that-

" Tatawagan ko muna si Thea sandali. She need to know what happened to Jane. " Hera stated. En nodded his head in response. She dialed the given number of Thea on her phone. It rings three times before someone on the other line finally picks it up. I signaled her to put it in a loud speaker.

" Hello, Thea speaking. " The familiar voice speak.

" This is Hera from detective bureau. Do you still remember me? "

" Uh, yes. Of course! What can I do for you? " She asked. Hera looked at us.

" We have something to tell you. It is a bad news and a good one. " She said.

" Is it about Jane? Go ahead. Tell me the good news first. "

" We already found Jane. " The other line fell silent for a moment. A few minutes later and she spoke again.

" Are you serious? You found her? How? " She asked one question after another. She seemed stunned on what she heard and couldn't actually believe it.

" Yeah! But the bad news is, Jane is already dead. Sinubukan naming i-revive siya but guess we're to much late. " We heard a loud sobbed from Thea. Bet she's crying again.
" I'm sorry for your loss but I need you to come hear as quick as possible. We have some questions for you. "

" Okay, I'm coming! " Thea end the call herself without asking where is the exact place to come. I told Hera to call her again but all we could hear on the line is cannot be reached. She probably turned off her phone.  Well it's not our problem anymore if she doesn't find us here.

The police arrived together with Weasley. They immediately cover the place with the yellow tape that has an embarked mark " police line do not cross ".

" Inspector Heard! " En called to the white haired and beard inspector na kapapasok lang ng hall. He has a big fat tummy and it was only a matter of time before his buttons finally collapse. He comes toward us with a wide smile on his face.

I think I know why. En's hand is still holding my waist. I quickly removed his hands and move few steps away from him.

" It's been a long time, Inspector Mike. I hope your doing fine. " En said and reach for his hand. The inspector accept his arm and teasingly looked at me.

" Batang Luna! Mukhang mayroon ka yatang hindi sinasabi sa akin. " En glance at me. " Maaari mo ba akong ipakilala sa kasama mong binibini. "  He suddenly realized what he was talking about.

" Inspector Heard, stop talking nonsense. " Suway niya sa matabang matanda. " But anyways, she's Inah Shin. A new recruit member of mine. " I offered my hand at nakipag-kamay din sa kaniya.

" Malamig ang iyong mga palad iha. Nakakita ka ba ng multo? " He kiddingly asked but to me he sounds like he's not joking at all. En chuckled on my left. I glare at him.

" Wag ho kayong mag-alala, ayos lang ho ako. " I answered and took back my hands. Weasley and Hera came and stood next to me. They also greeted Inspector Heard as En and I did.

" Leave it to us Inspector. We will solve this mystery like before. " Weasley said.

" At kagaya rin ng dati, diyan lang kayo sa isang tabi at manood sa mga gagawin namin. " Hera seconded with a thumbs up on her hand. Inspector Heard laugh.

" Ano pa nga ba'ng magagawa ko e lagi lang naman akong nakadepende sa inyo. Nagpapasalamat pa nga ako na dito ako sa unibersidad ninyo nadestino. Kahit papano ay napapagaan at napapabilis ang trabaho ko at ng aking mga tauhan. " He explained. " Nagagawa pa namin uminom ng kape diyan sa labas ng hindi namamalayan ng iba naming kasamahan. " He joked again. The four of them laugh and I just found myself laughing with them too. Weird!

" Habang papunta kami dito, naikwento na sa akin ng batang Montefalco ang tungkol sa bangkay na natagpuan ninyo. May ideya na ba kayo sa kung sino ang posibleng gumawa nito? " The Inspector asked seriously. He fix his beard and stroke it a bit using his hands.

" We already know who's the culprit Inspector Heard. But it wouldn't be exciting anymore if I say it you right now. " En grinned. " To be honest, this is just a simple case and it is nothing compared to the other ones. There's no need to squeeze our minds and she, herself gave us the evidence. " He boastfully said as he clasped his hands behind his back.

I turned my gaze when a familiar figure emerged on the entrance. It was Thea and she's crying like there's no tomorrow waiting for her. Well it's kinda make sense though. Because of what she did, she's not gonna be able to see the sun rose again and felt the joy of being free from cell.

" Arrest her, Inspector. " Weasley command to the fat policeman. He signaled his man's and quickly chained her hands.

She's too stunned and instantly didn't know what to do.

" What is the meaning of this? " She yelled angrily. That's all that she could do afterall. We walked and get closer to her spot. She's not thinking right. If I where her, I would immediately pack my clothes and run away after doing such horrible case. I bet she didn't expect that we will find her friend, Jane, inside the fridge.

" We are arresting you as the main suspect for killing Jane Vega. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford have an attorney, one will be provided for you. " One of the police officer said. Her forehead creased in frustration.

" Ano?! Sandali! Teka lang! At paano niyo naman nasabi na ako nga ang pumatay sa kaniya? May ebidensiya ba kayo na makakapagdiin sakin? Baka nakakalimutan niyo na kaibigan ko si Jane. Hindi ko magagawa yun. "  She looked at us with her eyes begging to help her. No! We aren't helping a criminal. How come she killed her so-called " friend " Jane just like that? It was brutal at hindi makatao para itago niya pa sa freezer.

" Don't you know that going here can also be used as evidence against you?
You ended the call and I couldn't recall Hera, saying to you the exact location of this place. " The realization hit her hard. She looked at me with her eyes raging in fire.

" Pero dito kami nag-celebrate kahapon. It's obvious that this is the first place I can think of to go. " I sighed and calm myself down. Just a few more seconds and I'm gonna kick her on the face.

" Stop with your alibis! " Weasley couldn’t even stop screaming at her.
"Her body could be anywhere and yet you still chose to come here without asking where she is. An indication that you have something to do with her death as this is the first place you can think of."  It is so clear as crystal clear that she is the culprit but she still continues to deny it. She only makes his fate worse and worse.

" Let's also include and not forget the butterfly necklace you are looking for. You thought you just lost it somewhere here but you didn't realize that Jane got it intentionally. When we found her body, she was tightly holding it in her hands. How could you explained that? " En added.  She broke down on her knees.

" Mom! " She mumbled softly. " What have I done? " She bowed his head and continue to cry. She feels sorry on what she did but it's kinda too late for that right now. She has already taken a life and it cannot be brought back by crying again and again.

" So what's your motive of doing it to Jane? She's your friend as you keep saying, isn't she? " She turned her gaze to En. She motioned her head and stopped sobbing for a while.

" It was the Black Organization. " My  heartbeat casually stopped after hearing the exact words that she said. Actually it seems the world we all have stopped spinning around and we were all just momentarily out of breath. Even Inspector Heard stood frozen from lighting his cigarette.

" I ask for their help to get rid of Jane because of my jealousy towards her.
They made me talk to a shadow and I found out just recently that it is their head. The head of the Black Organization with an assumed name, Black Mamba. " She explained. I do not know how to react properly. The only thing I can feel is happiness cause finally, were going to have a lead about my sister's whereabouts.
I'm thankful to Thea for the information but I still can't forgive her for what she did to Jane.

" W-what is her voice like? Do you have any recording? " I asked tremblingly.  She shook her head.

" Phone is not allowed kung ipapakausap ka nila sa kaniya. But her voice, you will hear a mixture of male and female voice being combined together. Once you hear it, you will be really confused if you are talking to a man or a woman. " She continued.

" Pasensiya na kung puputulin ko ng bahagya ang pag-uusap ninyo ngunit kailangan na namin siyang dalhin sa presinto. Naghihintay na roon ang mga kamag-anak ng biktima. " Inspector Heard butted in. En nodded and let them to bring Thea to the precinct to serve her the right judgement.

Black Mamba, huh? I can't wait to meet them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

OBSESSED By thisbejaja

Mystery / Thriller

103K 4.4K 27
obsessed
172K 8.6K 41
After going through a number of disasters I realized that actually I am reborn as the villainess character, more of a brat, Chloe Bourgeois, in a chi...
109K 3.7K 40
Y/N was a teenage introvert who enjoyed having her own space and being alone. She loved listening to music in her room, which was a great escape for...
156K 4.1K 36
Fatima is a young and beautiful Muslim wife, her life gets turnt upside down when her husband gets a second wife.This is due to her not being able to...