Even in a Million Years

By SkiSki26

The weddings finally happening, and the Kalanski and Kazer family is buzzing. All except two. Caleb has bee... More

Authors note
Aesthetics
B + C playlist
~Prelude~
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-Two
Thirty Four
Thirty five
Thirty Six
Thirty seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty

Thirty-Three

20.6K 753 520
By SkiSki26

Bailey

My view of Caleb and Lexi dancing is quickly intercepted by the exact man Lexi wanted to mess with.

She knows how to play guys, she's an expert at it actually. Before sauntering over to the in the way that just Lexi can, she muttered a quick "Watch this," and now, within two minutes she had the six foot four, Blonde, tight end of the Chicago bears drooling over her.

She's good. I'll give her that.

"So you must be the one who broke Calebs heart when he was head-up-his-ass in love with you?"

He definitely knows how to make and entrance, I'll give him that.

"Well you sure know how to start a conversation," My brown eyes clash with his identical ones. He didn't pull any punches, I appreciated that. "I have a name,"

"I'd like to know it,"

"I think you already do," I state, "You seem to think you know so much else, one would assume you'd know the basics,"

"I like you," He flashes a perfect smile. One that stretches across his face and makes the crows feet by the corners of his eyes pop out.

"Jury's still out," I shrug, offering a sly smile of my own.

"I'll fix that," He nods, before summoning over a bartender, "Can I have a vodka soda with lime and easy ice, and another of whatever the lady is having please ,"

"You're not buying me a drink,"

"I am," He nods, "It's good to finally meet you Bailey-Belle Kalanski,"

"You too Nick Ferguson," I can't hold back a grin. He had an energy about him, one that was carefree and genuine.

I like him.

"So seeing as your friend declined my offer to dance, I have to find other ways to attract her, you think if I danced and sang it'd win her over?" He questions

"First off you aren't a bird, second, the sing and dance bit works for one man and one man only, but you don't look much like Heath Ledger to me," At the reference of my favorite nineties movie he snorts, shaking his head.

Aside from the hair and eye color, he wasn't anywhere near a Heath Ledger look alike.

"Heath Ledgers got nothing on me,"

"You're pretty, but not to his level," I smile

"So you think I'm pretty?"

"Yeah," I shrug simply. He was very pretty, pretty just wasn't my type though. "It'll get you far with Lexi,"

"What about you?"

I just snort. "I'm not interested in pretty boys,"

"Pretty man thank you very much and I would consider Caleb pretty wouldnt you?" he dips his head, taking another sip of his drink.

Caleb wasn't and never had been the pretty kind of attractive, he was effortlessly handsome in the rugged kind of way. His hair had always remained messy yet perfect for him, and his five o'clock shadow surpassed anything that could be considered pretty on a man. He was rough edges and calloused hands. I've called him beautiful before, and he is, but not pretty.

"Nope," I shook my head, not caring to explain further.

"I'm thinking, make her jealous, how do you think that would fare?" He adds changing the subject from Kazer to Lexi.

"You have a fifty-fifty shot, either it'll work, she'll get jealous and you'll have her attention easily. Or she won't get jealous and completely lose interest entirely," that's what I do.

The jealousy tactics don't work on me, I don't get jealous, I just lose interest.

"So if I were to propose making the asshole and her a little jealous how would you respond,"

"Co wouldn't get jealous," I state. He had no reason to.

"Oh sure," Nick nods, "That's why he told me tonight you were 'off fucking limits' before I came over here and now can't take his eyes off us from behind my back," He motions for me to look, simply bending forward over the bar to grab a napkin. Leaving Caleb and Lexi in perfect view, both looking over here before glancing away quickly.

"He was just saying that because he knows I'm not ready for anything with a guy right now," I shrug. I don't think it was , but I'd rather lie than even entertain the possibility.

He will be married sooner or later. And even if he wasn't, even risking the chance of hurting him again terrifies the fuck out of me. Relationships come with hurt, and it's not something I'd ever want to put him through again.

Friends is safe territory for us, and it always will be.

"So some mind blowing sex with me is completely out of the question?"

"Would it really be all that mind blowing if it's with you?" I question, teasingly. I don't doubt it'd be good, but mind blowing?

Few, or moreso, one, has achieved mind blowing.

"Ouch," He placed a hand over his heart, that smile unwavering, "Are all of your friends as hardheaded as you?"

"Why? Counting on Lexi being easy?"

"The opposite actually. Lets take a shot," He adds randomly out of the blue. Before I can even object, he's ordering a round of tequila shots with limes.

"I can't do limes," I shake my head "Too sour for me,"

"Damn you're probably the type to think ketchup is spicy aren't you?," He snorts

"Funny coming from the one who seems like the type to seasons his chicken with just salt and pepper," I fire right back, "Maybe a bit of garlic salt if you're feeling frisky,"

"Damn I just walked into some white on white crime didn't I?" Dobbs, Calebs other teammate, scoots into the chair beside me, "and yeah he is,"

"Bro no I'm not, the hell are you talking about?" He sputters. Their bickering reminded me of two other dumbasses that were here tonight. Where they were I'm not too sure, but they were definitely in the building.

"Okay sorry, you do use more seasoning that that," Dobbs grins, "Your food still tastes like shit somehow,"

"Aww pretty boy can't cook?" I tease with a fake pout. These guys were fun to be around.

"Not to save his life," Dobbs chimes, tipping his beer back taking a sip. "Are we taking shots?"

"Yep," I grin, sliding him one of the glasses "Lime or no?"

"God no, I don't do chasers," He holds the small glass up, "What are we cheers-ing to?"

"To Kazer?" Nick smirks

"Why?"

"For introducing us to the women in his life?"

"Oh fuck off," I snort with a grin. He lived up to his reputation well.

"Can't disagree," Dobbs chimes, clinking his glass with his teammate,

"You two are pigs," The fourth member of their known group joins the table. "I apologize for them both,"

"None necessary," I smile at the giant ginger standing before me. He was more bulky than the other three and slightly shorter than the three but still towered over most people. Despite this he had the most approachable air about him as compared to to the others. "I've been surrounded by man whores my entire life, two more is nothing,"

"Spend more than an hour with them, you'll want to throw them off a cliff," Fitzpatrick smiles, his hazel eyes bright before ordering a shot for himself.

"Is the angel child getting drunk tonight?" Nick coos.

"Nope, buzzed is the correct term, it's the only way I'll be able to get through tonight without knocking down he lights out of a photographer," He runs a hand through his hair as he relaxes in the chair.

"Kazer almost already did," Ferguson snorts.

"He did?" I question. We'd been around each other most of the night, I don't recall him ever almost punching someone.

"Yeah when you two were doing your interview, it's all on social media already," Fitzpatrick nods, "He looked like he was about to kill the dude that pushed into you,"

"I woulda bet it'd be Nick getting in a fight first tonight," Dobbs chimes, motioning to the blonde beside him. "Who knew all anyone had to do was look at Bailey the wrong way and Kazer would be ready to go,"

"That's not true," I roll my eyes. Sure he'd been protective, but it took more than that to get him to the point of throwing a punch.

They all just give me a look, one that says they don't believe a word in saying.

"Oh whatever, I'm cheers-ing to a fun night," I take an opportunity to distract them with the announcement. Clink my upheld glass with theirs, all four of us tap the table with the glass throwing them back.

"Holy shit you didn't even make a face," Ferguson laughs through his wince at the burn of tequila. Dobbs just grunts.

They both relax back into their chairs, setting our glasses back into the table
"So I know this is Caleb's first time back in your hometown and one of his few returns to this god forsaken state since he left, what about you?"

"Same, haven't been home in eight years...however I want to backtrack," My eyes narrow on his criticism of Texas. "You clearly haven't explored enough of Texas if you talk about it like that,"

Now don't get me wrong, we have our flaws, very many and very serious ones. Few gun laws, the Bible Belt full of the most judgmental people you'd find in the country, insanely hot weather and not to mentions strains of obvious close minded views and a lack of protections for womens right to choose. HOWEVER, as much as I hate how the state is run politically, there's just a stream of pride that runs through me for the state, for the people (well most of them,) who inhabit it.

"Respectfully, fuck the state of Texas," His northern accent poking through. More specifically one from the New England area.

"He has something against cowboys, they've ruined the entire appeal of the state for him," Dobbs explains, "An irrational hate,"

"Oh bless your heart," The slight southern twang that's been stuck in my voice, no matter how long I'm out of the south, poked out at the saying.

For the most part I'd gotten rid of it, it only came out with some words like "coke" and "corn". Danny and Spencer always made fun me when I said y'all. Danny teased me relentlessly when he first heard me say it when we had first met.

"Damn she just told you to go fuck yourself is the sweetest way possible," Fitzpatrick burst out laughing, "I've heard of people using that phrase but never actually heard someone say it in conversation,"

"Damn Belle, you pulled out the bless your heart," Caleb snorts, appearing at the end of the table with Lexi at his side.

He shoots me a look from down table, one with his slightly scrunched brows and questioning look, as if he was asking if I were okay.

Sitting at a table with three very famous men I had just met, yeah a little intimidating, however I'd come to realize that they weren't too different from my family, from Caleb himself.

I flash him a smile, nodding. I was okay, really okay honestly.

"I like her," Dobbs grins,

"Most people do," I chime. I don't know if it was the alcohol or the string of genuine confidence I felt tonight, but either way it felt good. I was able to be outspoken, and trade playful insults with them without the feeling of dread for what's to come next. I was able to be carefree.

"Hmm humble too," Nick smiles at the grin I had on my face before turning to my green eyed best friend. "So sweetheart, would you do me the honor of having this next dance?"

The band had started back up, playing he opening chords to a familiar song from when I was younger. He didn't know it but this was a good time to ask my friend, she loved this song.

"Depends," She glances from the band back to Caleb's teammate, "Name the song and I will,"

"Easy," he snorts as he stands, knowing  "Are you Gonna Be My Girl by Jet,"

"Hmm," I watch the corners of her lips quirk up, with a slight nod she's walking back to the dance floor. Nick just about falls over his chair to meet her there.

"Who would've thought his pointless music knowledge would do him some use?" Dobbs grins, watching the pair.

Caleb slips into Nicks chair across from me, looking from the empty shot glass to my grinning face. His lips quirking at the sight.

"Having fun?"

"Of course she is, she's been hanging out with us," Fitzpatrick smiles

"I'm having a great time," I was relaxed, and I was smiling a lot. Really smiling. "Where'd the rest of our friends go?"

"I lost Ty, Wes and Spencer a while ago. Ace and Brett were dancing the last I saw them, Em and Arrex were eating, Beck and Bri were talking in a group, your younger brother was flirting with Fitzpatrick's sister and my sister and Danny are over by the dance floor," He lists our families whereabouts like he's been keeping an out out for every person. I don't doubt that he had honestly.

Glancing over to where he said my friend and his sister were, I see both of the speaking quickly and animatedly with their hands.

"Hmm you think they're flirting or fighting right now?" I quirk my head, looking at the two. They were such an odd coupling that couldn't be more perfect for eachother.

"Uhh I would like to backtrack, who the fuck is flirting with my sister?" Fitzpatricks sputters looking from Caleb and I to search for my brother and according to Caleb, his sister. Dobbs just about spits out his drink from laughing.

"My little brother, good guy you have nothing to worry about," I smile

"Does he have a dick?"

"I'd really rather not talk about my little brothers appendages,"

"Then I have something to worry about," Fitzpatrick groans, spotting our siblings at the same time I do. From what I could tell, his sister was pretty, waist length dark red hair and a smile both of which matched her brothers.

"Back to your other question," Caleb states, pulling my attention back to him, "I'd say they're arguing,"

"No it looks more flirty, look at how Danny's grinning," I point discreetly. Neither of the two had seen Caleb and I watched them.

"Yesterday she called him a brainless fuckhead and he called her an uptight witch all while smiling the entire time, they're definitely arguing," Caleb states with definitive certainty that I wasn't so sure to follow.

"Wanna bet?" I question, smirking at him.

"Are you two seriosuly betting on your family?" Dobbs questions

"Yep," Caleb nods, "Twenty bucks says they're arguing,"

"Deal," I shake his hand once, sealing the bet while Dobbs just shakes his head at us. "People watching is one of the best past times when in a public setting, watching your friends and family is even better,"

We watch the two in silence, going back and forth until Arya finally smiles, allowing Danny to slip his arms around her waist and kiss her.

"Knew it," I smirk,

"Yeah whatever," He shakes his head, pulling his wallet out.

"It's fine," I put my hand out, waving the bill away. Not needing not wanting to take his money.

"We made a bet,"

"I don't want your money Co," I push his hand with the twenty dollar bill back towards him.

"Belle."

"Caleb." I match his tone. Only backing down from the stare off to come to an agreement, "Okay buy the three of us each a drink and I'll call it even," I notion to myself and his two teammates.

"I like her," His two teammates chime agains as drink are slid their way.

"We aren't just saying that cause you got us drinks, genuinely you're a sweetheart," Fitzpatrick smiles a genuine smile at me. I appreciated the sentiments from them, I never lived for others validation but hearing this made me smile.

"Thank you," I nod, before looking at Co who was already watching me, a ghost of a smile o his down placed on his face. "They like me,"

His smile just widens when he nods his head. watching the three of us quietly.

"We should go dance," Deandre grins, "This is a good song,"

"I'm going to interrupt our siblings," Fitzpatrick, who's eyes hadn't moved from my brother and his sister, stands up. Straightening his suit jacket, putting on a face of intimidation he talk away for the two.

Good luck little brother.

"Boring!," Dobbs calls after him, "What about you two?"

Standing from my chair, my lips quirking I nod. I haven't danced in a while, having the opportunity to do so and the feeling to want to do it, I was going to take advantage.

"Co?" I look to him still seated in his chair. He hadn't moved, just watching the two of us.

"I should stay here," He shakes his head once, "I'll watch your stuff,"

"C'mon man, your girlfriend isn't here to yell at you, have some fun," Dobbs smacks his shoulder playfully, though the comment seems to miss its mark. Calebs lips flatten as he looks back at the table, more so to his drink.

"You do like to dance," I murmured quietly, observing him and how he'd reacted. It was odd, weird I guess. He loved to dance when we were younger, always the first up with me to sing or dance in front of our families. Regardless of the song, regardless of the company, regardless of where we were. "And you're good at it. Plus you love this song,"

His lips quirk up at that.

"I may like to dance but I'm not all that great at it Belle," His lips morph into a small grin

"Mhm who told you that? You used to be good," I match his smile with one of my own.

He just shakes his head again, the smile on his face said you're so stupid, but he was smiling again and hanging out with us so I don't mind.

The three of us walked to the dance floor. Joining our siblings, his teammates and our friends. Just starting the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70 0 9
Morgan is going back to school, again. Studying to be a chef specializing in confectionery, Morgan's had an eventful and tumultuous start to life. Ev...
7.3K 124 42
10 years. 10 years of hating Griffin Taylor. Luckily for me, he lives hundreds of miles away and I very rarely have to handle the knowledge he's in...
Lethal Lust By Kit

General Fiction

236K 9.5K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...
5.8K 667 23
Mallory finds herself brokenhearted when she loses the love of her life in a tragic accident. She's left to pick up the pieces of her life with the h...