Aaron

By HollyHanson5

At the age of 16, Thea Woods and her family were victims of a home invasion gone wrong. Her parents and siste... More

***
1- Thea
2- Crime scene
3- A special assignment
5- Aaron
6- Poker
7- Confusing feelings
8- A lead
9- We need to talk
10- Working together
11- Tension
12- Daddy
13- Charity Golf and dinner
14- Settling an argument
15- Crossing a line
16- It's just the beginning
17- You aren't what I expected
18- The vault
19- His Guest
20- Thanksgiving
21- Getting to know each other better
22- More deaths
23- Christmas
24- A Picture
25- An unsettling message
26- I kinda like you
27- You don't have a choice
28- A guessing game
29- Life and Death
30- You owe me a new couch
31- I'm in charge tonight
32- The Ball
33- I can't lose you too
34- Forever
35- Wedding planning
36- Until death do us part
37- Change of plans
38- Ending it all
39- The End
📚

4- I'll track him down

1.8K 73 38
By HollyHanson5

Thea's P.O.V.

I was missing something and I needed to clear my head. After getting the news of Officer Hall nothing was making sense so I headed outside for some fresh air and caffeine.

I walked down the street to a little coffee vendor that sat on the side of the street. They had the most delicious black coffee that beat the office coffee any day.

"Thea?"

I looked up from my phone and instantly started to smile, giving the man a hug. "Judge Coleman. How are you?"

Dale and I go way back to when my family was killed. He was the Judge that was assigned to my case and a man that made sure I got into a good placement for two years until I graduated.

I went to him and his wife for guidance as I got older and I told them what I was thinking of doing with my future.

I owed a lot to that man.

"Please, I've told you before, call me Dale. I'm doing good." He motioned to his cup of coffee, "Needed a little pick me up before court today. How are you doing?"

"We had the same idea and I've been good too. There's another case I'm working on so that's keeping me busy. I needed caffeine and some fresh air."

"I heard about the Millers, such a great couple."

"That's what I hear. Did you know them well?"

"Victoria and I worked on a few of the same cases throughout the years and we had the same circle of friends so we hung out at the country club quite a bit."

"I saw that you had some of the same cases when I went over her case files. I don't suppose you know anything that can lead me into the right direction of finding the people that did this?"

"None that I can think of. If I think of anything, you'll be the first to know. I'm assuming no leads?"

"Not really, no."

"You'll find something, you always do."

I hoped he was right.

"So, when are you finally going to retire?"

He started laughing, "A few more years. Isabella and I need somewhere warmer in the winters."

"I hear you. New York is my home, I'm not sure I'll ever leave though."

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe someone will come into your life and change all of that."

I started laughing, "Highly doubtful but maybe."

"There's no special man in your life?"

"No. I don't have the time for relationships."

"What about that young district attorney?" He hinted. Dale and Isabella were out to dinner one night when Matt and I were and he's been teasing me ever since.

I started laughing and shook my head. "He's just a good friend."

He looked down at his watch, "Alright. Gosh, it was so good to see you but I've got to go. I'll have Isabella call you and we'll have you over for dinner sometime, we haven't done that for a while."

"I'd really like that."

"Perfect, I'll see you around, kiddo."

"Bye."

Dale walked away and I walked up to the vendor. "A large black coffee, please."

As she made my coffee, I looked back at my phone...

Matt- What do you have planned tonight? I'm thinking... you & me at the new Cuban restaurant downtown and then some alone time? 😈

I started smiling.

Me- Hmmm, I'd love a good distraction.

Matt- I heard about the case. You'll catch them, you always do.

I was about to respond when I heard the lady working the vendor put my coffee up on the cart. I handed her money when I heard a gun going off close by. My head snapped in that direction and I watched as everyone got down.

I took off running towards where I heard the shots coming from. My heart sank because it was the same direction Dale went.

I called 911. "This is Detective Thea Woods, with the NYPD."

A group of screaming people came running out of the parking garage.

"Where did it come from?" I asked them.

They all pointed. "Stay over there, cops will be here shortly." I got on the phone again. "There's been a shooting in the parking garage on Central Street next to the courthouse."

"There's been a few more calls coming in. Officers are en route. Stay on the line with me Detective."

"Okay, I'm putting the phone in my pocket."

I put the phone in my pocket, took the gun out of my pants and continued running up the ramp.

My breath hitched when I saw Dale, sitting against a car, holding his stomach with his bloody hand.

"Oh my God, Dale!" I took my phone back out. "Judge Dale Coleman has been shot, send an ambulance. Hurry!"

My phone fell out of my hands and hit the ground as I knelt down in front of him, applying pressure to his wound. "Everything's going to be okay. I'm here Dale, an ambulance is on the way and I already hear sirens, the cops are coming."

His eyes were closing as I spoke. "Dale, look at me, stay awake. Which way did the shooter go?"

He pointed behind him.

"Did you see the shooter? How many were there?"

He didn't respond but he held up one finger.

"One?"

He nodded.

"Who did this Dale?"

He was struggling. I got closer as he tried speaking.

"Aar..." His breathing was getting harder.

"Stop, it's okay. Save your breath."

"Aaron... Hale." He mouthed quietly.

My eyes widened. "He did this to you?"

His hand rested on my cheek. "No." He whispered before dropping his head.

"Dale? Nooo... Dale? Dale?" I removed my one hand away from his wound and checked for a pulse.

Nothing.

I sat down beside him with watery eyes as I held onto his hands.

Another person I was close with, now gone.

"I promise you, I will find the asshole that did this to you." I whispered before the officers came running over.

"Are you alright, Woods?" The one officer asked as they came up.

I nodded and stood up. "He's gone, he didn't tell me who did this but he said the one shooter took off in that direction."

Some of the officers went running and a few stayed with me.

I wiped my bloody hands off on my pants and bent over to pick up my phone but it must have broken during the fall as I went to Dale's side.

After a while Captain Briggs and my team showed up too. "I'm so sorry, Thea. I know you were close with Judge Coleman. Take the day off or as much time-"

"I'm fine. Let's get back to the office so I can get cleaned up."

I walked away not letting him argue with me about this. After we were back at the office, I went into the locker room and scrubbed vigorously to get the blood off my hands and cheek, where Dale's hand had laid. I got into a fresh pair of clothes, threw the bloody ones away and left the bathroom.

I didn't even stop off at my office, I went straight to the Caps office, knocking on the door.

"Come in."

I opened the door, walked in and closed the door behind me.

"I want this case."

"Maybe we should give this one to someone else. You're too close and you're already busy with the Miller case."

"Which means I'm perfect for the job and you know damn well I can work both, plus... what if the cases are related?"

"What do you mean?"

"Before Dale died I was talking to him at the coffee vendor just down the street from the courthouse. Dale and Victoria worked on some of the same cases and what are the odds that two powerful people are murdered just days apart? It's at least a start."

Cap shook his head. "If you fall behind or need help."

"I won't."

"If you do, ask for help and another detective can help with one of them."

"Fine, but I think I'm onto something here... there's also something else I need to talk to you about."

"What is it?"

"Before Dale died... I asked him if he knew who killed him."

"And?"

"He said Aaron Hale's name." Caps eyes widened. "I asked if he was the one that shot him and his last words before he died was no."

"Then leave it alone."

"Cap?"

"I said leave it alone. Unless there is solid evidence you will not pursue this. Understand?"

"I can't even talk to Aaron about it?"

"No."

"What if he knows something. Or could lead me into the direction of the killer."

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look into the cases Victoria and Dale worked together and see where that leads first. I have a gut feeling Aaron isn't even here anyways. He hasn't been spotted in New York for months."

"Then I'll track him down-"

"This isn't up for discussion, Thea." He said, raising is voice.

"I'm not scared of Aaron."

"Well you should be scared. I'm not saying you can never talk to him, please just look into joint cases and then you can go from there."

I wasn't going to let it go. I would talk to Aaron at some point. Dale wouldn't have said Aaron's name if it wasn't important... He wanted me to track him down for whatever reason and I was going to find out why.

Everyone is so scared of the Mafia King, Aaron Hale. No cop will willingly arrest the man because they're scared of the consequences Aaron will bring down on the station that has enough balls to even try.

No one can prove any of the crimes Aaron was supposedly responsible for because he was good at disposing of witnesses if there were any.

Justin and Dylan worked side by side with Aaron a few different times and actually started to respect the man in the end. I'm sure Aaron has helped and has done a lot of good things also but that doesn't excuse the bad and so help me God, if he had anything to do with Dale's death... I would be the one that took down the notorious Aaron Hale.

"Okay fine, understood. Thank you Cap." I went to walk out the door.

"Thea?"

"Yeah?"

"Be careful!"

"Always."

***Hope everyone is enjoying the book so far. Thea and Aaron will meet soon... Aaron's POV is next. 🤤***
❤️❤️
Comment/vote/ let me know what you think. Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 50.5K 42
(BOOK 4 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) Read Mia Regina, Escort Me Baby, and Mio Re before this. *** I woke up in a place I didn't recognize, with rowdy lookin...
76.2K 2K 36
•••• 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐨 Being in the shadows, she gets no attention from her abusive father. Only wanting to go to collage and become succes...
165K 3.4K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
210K 5.7K 46
Criminal. Fighter. Hacker. Assassin. Cop. Selena. Selena Montgomery was your average 17 year old girl. That's what it seemed like to the outside worl...