We're Different Than the Rest

By Chuch1ofPant0ra

Aayla and Bly grow closer to one another every day of the Clone Wars. An AU of Blyla where the Clone Wars end... More

Chapter One: The War Begins
Chapter Two: Corellia
Chapter Three: Maridun
Chapter Four: Chat
Chapter 5: Aftermath of the Zillo
Chapter 6: Battle... Again
Chapter 7: Are You Okay?
Chatper 8: Training Sabers
Chapter 9: Holo Night
Chapter 10: Sparring Tournament
Chapter 11: 79's
Chapter 12: Food Fiasco
Chapter 13: Afraid, General?
Chapter 14: Undercover
Chapter 15: The Gala
Chapter 16: Injured
Chapter 17: Safe At Last
Chapter 18: Medbay
Chapter 19: Promoted
Chapter 20: Leaving
Chapter 21: Gone Away and Back Again
Chapter 22: With You Till the End of the Line
Chapter 23: Chancellor Defeated
Chapter 24: Stolen Moments
Chapter 25: Going to Sicemon
Chapter 26: The Perfect Start Part One
Chapter 27: The Perfect Start Part Two
Chapter 28: A Warm Welcome
Chapter 29: Lothcats In the Meadow
Chapter 30: Payback
Chapter 31: The Invitation
Chapter 32: The Scheme
Chapter 33: Coruscant
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: The Zothique
Chapter 36: Before We Leave
Chapter 37: Going Back Home
Chapter 38: Work in Progress
Chapter 39: The Crushing Palace Wall
Chapter 40: The Offer
Chapter 41: The Answer
Chapter 42: Setting A Date
Epilogue: Two Years Later
Sincerely, The Author

Chapter 43: What We've Been Waiting For

206 6 3
By Chuch1ofPant0ra

"You owe me twenty credits." Faylin said as she laced up the back of Aayla's wedding dress.  

"Why?"

"When we bought this dress on Coruscant you said you wouldn't need it. I made a bet with you saying that you and Bly would be married in two years. It has been a total of seven months. Pay up."

"Fine." Aayla laughed and gave Faylin the money.

"And your dress is laced up!" Faylin happily cheered when she finally finished lacing the many loops on the back of Aayla's dress.

.oOo.

"Are you sure that's how to tie a tie?" Reno questioned Sid as he tied Bly's tie.

"Yes, Reno."

"Fine." He threw his hands up in self defense.

"Sid, are you going to the wedding with anyone?"

"Me, myself, and I."

"I'm going with Faylin." Reno proudly announced.

"We know, Reno. It's the only thing you've talked about for weeks." Sid said. "All done, Bly."

.oOo.

Bly stood on a small wooden stage in Dhara's large back yard. Sid stood off to his side as one of his groomsmen. Faylin and Reno walked down the aisle together, with Reno going to stand behind Bly, and Faylin going to Aayla's side of the small platform.

The grand wooden and glass doors of Dhara's house opened, revealing Aayla.

Bly looked up and he could have sworn that his heart stopped beating.

Aayla walked out of Dhara's house wearing a two piece dress. The top was a gold satin fabric with embroidered red flowers. A gold metal neckline had intricate patterns that matched the golden arm bands, which had the same silk gold fabric flowing down to around her hands. The skirt had three layers, the top two with a dark red satin, and the bottom of a light red satin fabric. A middle piece came down the front that was made out of the same satin gold as her shirt. Her lekku wraps were the same gold satin with red flower beads adorning the top. Small embroidered red flowers accompanied them, finishing the ensemble. The gown and lekku straps were traditional Twi'lek garments. At the Jedi temple, Aayla had never been allowed to connect to her heritage, but she felt it was important now.

Never in her life had a twenty-foot walk felt so long. When she finally reached the small wooden stage she was overjoyed.

.oOo.

"You may now kiss the bride." Dhara, who had officiated dozens of weddings over the years, proclaimed.

Bly smiled even more than he already was as he cupped Aayla's cheek in his hand and wrapped his other around her waist. Aayla wrapped her arms around Bly's neck just as they kissed. Following tradition of the holomovies Bly had watched with the 327th, he dipped Aayla down, much to her surprise. Ayala gasped and laughed when she realized she was safe.

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum, Bly."

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum, Aayla."

Aayla and Bly walked between the two sections of chairs towards Dhara's house. Everyone was cheering and clapping for the newlywed couple. On the end of every row was a member of the 327th, saluting their now married General and Commander. As Bly and Aayla reached the back of the row, they saw two arms raise up. In the very last row was Shaak Ti and Ahsoka holding up their illuminated lightsabers, creating a bridge for Aayla and Bly to walk under.

The large doors closed after Aayla and Bly walked into Dhara's house.

"Did you tell them to do that with their lightsabers?" Aayla asked, with a smile still on her face.

"I might have had the idea. Did you ask the vod to stand at attention?"

"I might have had the idea." Aayla admitted, copying her husbands words.

"You look beautiful, by the way."

Aayla blushed a little. "Thank you. You look very handsome."

"Thanks."

"Want to go eat? Dhara made some really good food."

"I would love to." Bly grabbed Aayla's hand and walked back outside, where the party had already started.

.oOo.

Just as everyone was about to begin eating, a clinking noise occurred throughout the party. The source: Reno.

"Hey everyone. So apparently as one of the two best men, I'm supposed to give a speech since Sid didn't want to." Sid face planted at Reno's words. "So anyways. I'm not really sure how to do this, I've only seen it done on one of the holomovies that Wolffe Pack made us watch. But anyways, I've known Bly his whole life, for the most part. We met when we were... supposed to be five years old. He always had the sense of determination, purpose, and protecting everyone. And that was normal for a clone, I guess. Then when you met Aayla all of those traits just strengthened. You got so kriffing protective." Reno laughed. "I would tell the story about the night after Maridun but I won't even go there. Anyways, you were so uptight before the war too, it really was so annoying. But after you met Aayla you calmed down a little bit. Anyways, Aayla- thank you for making him a better person. Because he was a little unbearable to be around. I will be handing this over to Shaak Ti now."
Reno made his way back to his seat next to Faylin.

"You need to tell me the story of the night after Maridun later." Faylin immediately said with a smirk.

"Oh you're going to love it."

Shaak Ti, who had forgone her typical Jedi attire, took the small microphone from Reno and stood up.

"Just like Reno said about Bly, I have know Aayla since we were both toddlers. We grew up together as sisters. I could always tell that she wasn't going to stay in the Order for long, mostly because of Quinlan." Shaak Ti laughed. "The idea of you leaving made me sad for so long; I really had no idea who I would talk to if you weren't around. Thankfully you were there during the war, or I don't know how I would have made it through. That's not the real reason I'm glad you were there during the war though. You always thought the Jedi wasn't your real family. And then you found Bly and the 327th, and I could tell that you had found your new family. I'm so glad you have the family you deserve now."
Shaak Ti set the microphone down and walked back to her table. After sitting down, she felt the Force connection of her life-long best friend.

Thank you.

Talk later tonight?

Of course.

.oOo.

Everyone agreed that the food Dhara made was absolutely delicious. Dinner and dessert took about an hour, and was followed by dancing.
Aayla and Bly were the first ones to dance.

"I still don't know how to dance." Aayla laughed as she tried not to stare down at her feet while everyone was watching her and Bly dance for the first time.

"You have a gorgeous dress to cover up any time your feet mess up, cyar'ika."

"I got it on Coruscant in the Ryloth area of the mall."

"Before I proposed?"

"Faylin convinced me to get it. After I convinced her to get one from the traditional Pantoran store."

"Why? She isn't dating anyone, is she?"

"You clearly aren't noticing how close her and Reno were sitting. Or the fact he asked her to dance a minute ago. Or the fact that they're dancing very close right now." Aayla caught Faylin's eye from across the dance floor and grinned.

"I don't know how I survived a war if I didn't even notice that."

"You had me."

"I wouldn't have had it any other way."

"Me too."

"No one besides Bly would react like that" Faylin laughed after Reno finished the story about the night after Maridun while dancing.

"Exactly." Reno spun Faylin around and continued dancing.

"Where'd you learn how to dance so well?" Faylin questioned.

"I used to be quite the flirt and dancing came in handy."

"Used to be? Reno, you're still a very obnoxious flirt."

"I know." He smirked.

.oOo.

Many of the guests had left, including most of the 327th who came. The sun had set hours ago, and it was about midnight.

"Aayla, can I steal you away for a second?" Shaak Ti walked up to Aayla and Bly, who were eating left over cake.

"Yeah. I'll be right back." Aayla gave Bly a kiss on the cheek and walked with Shaak Ti to Dhara's front porch. "Your dress is gorgeous by the way, Shaak."

"Thanks! It made me realize how boring and restrictive the Jedi dress code is." She laughed it off but Aayla could sense a little sadness with her Force presence.

The girls both sat down.

"I'm glad you left. Not that I don't miss you, I do immensely, but you're so much happier." Shaak admitted.

"I am, truly."

"I wish the Jedi were less strict. If all the Jedi had your newfound happiness, and strengthened compassion. My gosh, it would be so much better."

"I wish you could be here with me."

"Trust me, I want to. I can't yet, though. There still some things I have to do."

"I understand."

Being best friends since they were toddlers, they didn't need to say anything else to understand what Shaak Ti was trying to say.

"I'll let you get back to your husband." Shaak smirked at Aayla. "I have an early flight to Coruscant anyways."

"Thank you for making the trip out here. It means so much."

"Of course. May the Force be with you." Shaak Ti pulled Aayla into a hug.

"And with you."

.oOo.

Around 01:00 (1am), the group of five went to Faylin's house, allowing Dhara to sleep in peace.

Sid had claimed the arm chair and had fallen asleep around 01:30 (1:30am).

Aayla had borrowed some of Faylin's clothes so that she didn't have to wear her huge wedding gown anymore. She was sitting comfortably in Bly's lap on one end of the couch, while Faylin occupied the other end. Like normal, Reno was sitting on the floor.

The four who remained awake were all tired but their conversation led them to stay awake.

"No offense, Fay, but your floor is not comfortable after a few hours." Reno laughed as he readjusted himself to be comfortable for the hundredth time.

"I'll switch with you, if you want." Faylin offered as she stood up.

"No, it's okay."

"Seriously, come sit on the couch."

"Fine."

Reno stood up and walked towards the couch as Faylin walked past him. Aayla and Bly saw a mischievous grin appear on Reno's face a millisecond before he grabbed Faylin's waist, pulling her down on the couch with him. In response, Faylin shrieked.

"Now neither of us have to sit on the floor." Reno said as he pulled one of the blankets over the two of them.

"I told you they were dating." Aayla said, looking at Bly.

"I am so incredibly happy that all of you moved here." Faylin announced after a minute of silence.

"All of us are too." Aayla smiled.

.oOo.
Hey readers!!
So Aayla's dress. I scoured Pinterest for a ball gown until I found a cartoon drawing that immediately clicked. I didn't want her dress to be a traditional white gown, which is why I chose this one. Credit to the very talented artist! (I unfortunately do not know who the artist is.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 126 9
── for where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary. it is all. it is undying. and it is enough IN WHICH A WOMAN FALLS THROUGH SPACE ...
10.9K 313 27
As Amylin Amidala, a newly promoted Jedi Knight, helps lead the way through the clone wars, the unexpected happens.. and she finds herself debating a...
9.3K 288 15
Always an angel, never a god anakin skywalker / prequels © saturnsokas, 2022 cover by @wrensofvizla
24.1K 529 47
The 327th star corps jedi general Aayla secura and commander CC-5052 nicknamed Bly have been fighting alongside each other for years this is an alter...