Chapter 14: Undercover

21 BBY - 9 Months After Geonosis

.oOo.

"Knight Secura, please come in."

Aayla walked into the beautiful Jedi Council chambers. The rising sun was shining through the large windows, until Master Windu flicked his fingers and the curtains closed.

"Masters." Aayla said as she bowed.

"Commander Bly, please come in too." Master Kenobi said. Bly walked into the room and stood behind Aayla.

"A mission for you, we have." Master Yoda sat on the edge of his chair. "Take over this presentation, will you, Master Windu?"

Mace nodded and activated the holo-emitter.

"This is the royal palace of Simocadia. Their prince, Yojan, has recently aligned with the Seperatist Alliance. Our spies tell us he has crucial information regarding the Republic that could possibly determine the outcome of the war. The royal family is hosting a ball in honor of the Prince's coronation. Kenobi?"

Master Kenobi stopped stroking his beard and cleared his throat. "Ah, yes. Your job is to go to the ball as seperatist senators and find the information disk. Then get out of there." He stood up and handed Aayla and Bly datapads. "These are your cover stories. Please study them before you leave. Your outfits are placed in the ship you will be taking. Bring your weapons, each outfit has a place to conceal them."

"Questions, have you?" Master Yoda spoke up.

"No masters, thank you."

"Dismissed you are. May the Force be with you."

Aayla and Bly bowed and left the room.

"Do you think it was wise of us to trust her with this mission? She is only a Knight." Master Windu asked.

"Trust her, I do." Master Yoda spoke confidently. "Fail us, she will not."

"That was terrifying." Bly whispered once they were in the lift of the Jedi Temple. Aayla chuckled.

"You aren't wrong. We leave in four hours, is there anything you need from the Liberty?"

"Nah. I'll just have Galle pick up my armor in the hangar."

"Got it."

.oOo.

The ship they were taking was a modified J-Type Nubian. Inside of the silver ship were multiple rooms, each with plain silver walls. Some of the rooms had beds, others tables and sofas.

"The datapad says our outfits are in one of the closets in these rooms. Maybe this one? Nope. This one?" Aayla opened the door and was in awe.

"I don't see anything over here. Did you find them?" Bly called from down the hall. "Aayla?" No response. "Is everything okay?" Bly walked in the room to find Aayla staring at a gown, along with other fancy dresses.

Aayla carefully reached out her hand to touch the white and gold dress. "Woah." She whispered as she scanned through the other fancy dresses.