Chapter 11: 79's

A Week on Cosuscant Day 4
21 BBY
7 Months After Geonosis

.oOo.

The thought of going to 79's was both exciting and terrifying to Aayla. She had never been to a bar before, but she had heard stories. Aayla was greeted by loud music and flashing lights when she and some members of the 327th entered the bar.

"Geez that's loud."

"What?" Bly practically yelled.

"Exactly!" Aayla yelled back as she walked to a quieter booth in the corner and sat down. Her secluded corner was more peaceful than the rest of the bar.

"Don't like it here?" Bly slid into the seat across from Aayla.

"Not too much."

"Do you want to leave?"

"No, I'm fine." She paused and looked at Reno, who was already at the bar with four empty shot glasses in front of him. Which soon turned into five. "Someone has to make sure you guys get back."

"That's why I'm here. I can't stand this place."

"Too noisy."

"Precisely." Bly agreed. They talked for about half an hour until their heads swung around when they heard glass breaking. "Not again." Bly sighed as he and Aayla walked towards the small fight. "CT-8638! What do you think you are doing?" He grabbed Reno by the arm and pulled him away from the Twi'lek man.

"Fighting, sir."

"Could you please explain why."

"Well he was-" Reno stopped when he heard a hard thud and an 'ow'.

Aayla had flipped the man on his back and had a foot on his chest. "Try that again and you'll have more broken bones than you can count."

"Acer, get him out of here." Bly released Reno.
"You too." They dragged the man out of the bar. "Back to your drinks." Bly waved everyone off and the music resumed. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna go sit down again." Aayla quietly responded. Bly followed Aayla back to the booth.

"What did he do? I can go teach him a less-"

"That won't be necessary, Bly. But thank you." Aayla stared blankly down at her hands.

Bly grabbed her hand and she flinched. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I didn't like being that dark. What I said was not 'Jedi approved'."

"You did what you had to in-order to protect yourself."

"I didn't want to hurt anyone, but he..." she sighed and shook her head. "Even as a Jedi, being a female Twi'lek is dangerous."

"Why is that?"

"Look around." Bly obeyed and noticed all of the Twi'lek dancers. "We're the biggest slave population in the galaxy. We have been for centuries. It's never been safe for us anywhere, not even on Ryloth."

"I'm sorry. I guess I hadn't realized that."

"I can handle myself, but most can't fight off creeps like him."

"I'm always here to protect you. Even if you don't need it." Bly smiled.

"Thank you, Bly." Aayla smiled. Reno and Acer walked back into the bar.

"Excuse me for a second, General." Bly stood up and walked over to Reno. "Follow me." They walked down the dark hallway to the end, where no one would listen to their conversation. "Why did you fight him?"

"He was saying rude things about the General, sir."

"Like what, Reno."

Reno told Bly what the man had said. By the end, Bly was furious.

"I swear, I'm gonna go-"

"Vod." Reno grabbed Bly's arm as he was storming off. "Acer and I already took care of it." He said with an evil smirk.

"Of course you did." Bly rolled his eyes. "Thank you, Reno."

"No problem, vod. Quite enjoyed it actually." Reno walked away.

.oOo.

"Whaddya looking at?" Bly asked.

"Why do all of you get tattoos?" Aayla scanned the crowd and noticed that almost every clone had one.

"We have to have something to make us look somewhat different from the next one. That's why some of the boys dye their hair."

"Where do you get them?"

"Most of us get 'em from a place a couple blocks away from here."

"What's it called?"

"Why?"

"No reason."

Bly laughed at Aayla's response. "Zea's ink."

"Great. You think Sid can get them all back?"

"He self-appointed himself that job already."

"Of course he did. Wanna go?"

"Where?"

"Anywhere but here." Aayla plastered a disgusted look on her face.

"Sure, why not."

The streets of Coruscant could be dangerous most days, but today they weren't too bad. Aayla and Bly walked past multiple small shops, until Aayla paused in front of one in particular. "I'm going in."

"Wait- you're gonna get a tattoo?" Bly's face was priceless, with his jaw touching the ground.

"Yep!"

"Of what?"

"That is a surprise for me to know and you to find out."

"Not fair."

Aayla grinned. "Wasn't trying to be. Come on, you can wait in the lobby."

"Yay. So much fun." Bly sarcastically mumbled as he walked through the door.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" A Togrutan woman asked from behind the counter.

"I want to get a tattoo, please." Aayla spoke up.

"Alrighty then. And you, sir?"

"I'm good, thanks."

"Okay, what pattern miss?"

"Can't say around this one." Aayla pointed at Bly behind her.

"I see. Follow me." The two walked through the door into a small room.

This will be a while. Bly thought as he sat down and looked at the small holo-tv in the corner of the room.

.oOo.

An hour later, Aayla walked out of the room. "Ready, Bly?"

"Yeah." They walked in silence towards the
G.A.R. shipyard. "So... What did you get?"

"Sorry. You're out of luck." Aayla smirked.

"Why? Is it like... bad or something?"

"Nope." Aayla raised her hand to call over an air taxi. They stepped inside of the blue speeder.

"Okay, um. Where is it?" Bly hesitantly asked.

"My ankle."

"So why can't I see it?"

"We're in public. I don't think ankle flashing is popular right now." Aayla laughed.

"When we get back?"

"Nope." Aayla popped the 'p'.

.oOo.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!