Chapter 27: The Perfect Start Part Two

Without Reno and Sid to walk with, Bly quickly became bored. In an adventurous mood, Bly walked around aimlessly, earning the occasional questioning gaze from a passerby. Bly was walking down the middle of another dirt road when he stopped in front of a building with a sign that read "Help Wanted" in Galactic Basic. 

Looking up at the business sign above the door, Bly smiled. He knew he found his new job.
Aayla and Faylin made small talk about life for a few minutes before Aayla walked back to the hotel. Entering the small lobby, Aayla say Reno and Bly sitting on the couch arguing.

"What are the two of you arguing about this time?" Aayla asked, slightly entertained by Reno's facial expressions.

"I've found the perfect job for us, but Reno" Bly shot a glare at Reno, "refuses."

"And what job is that?" Aayla sat down on the sofa next to Bly.

"Police force."

Aayla raised a questioning eyebrow.

"I mean, think about it. We both have law enforcement training from the GAR. Plus we're over qualified in experience."

"He does make a point, Reno."

"Yeah, of course he does. I'm being stubborn just to get on his nerves at this point."

"And for that, you'll be my deputy. Another job where Reno has to obey my orders. I love this already."

"You already have the job?" Aayla asked.

"The second I turn in the paperwork, it's mine."

"I'm so proud of you." Aayla said, taking his hand.

"Hey, no PDA here please. This is a public space."

"Then maybe we should go somewhere private?" Bly said, starting to walk two of his fingers up Aayla's forearm.

"Oh, get a room!" Reno dramatically threw his hands up in the air and flopped backwards on the couch.

"We already have one," Aayla shot a sly smile at Reno, annoying him even more.

"I'm leaving," Reno announced as he stood up.

He disappeared behind the entryway, but reappeared a few seconds later. "I accept, by the way. The job- I mean."

"I knew you would." After Reno walked out, Bly turned to Aayla. "So, big news. The current police is the only police. He's a big ol' Trandosian and super old- like as old as Yoda. He's retiring two days after I turn in my paperwork, which technically makes me police chief right when I get the job."

"Look at you, already getting promotions."

"So, I'll hire Reno as my second. That gives him a job and me a partner, so I'm happy with it."

"Then that's all that matters." Aayla smiled. "You know how I went in the school earlier today?" Bly nodded. "I talked to the girl who was on the front steps- her name is Faylin by the way- and she offered me a teaching position. Obviously I said yes. The poor woman has been teaching almost sixty kids by herself all year."

"That's amazing, cyar'ika!"

"I know. I'm excited!"

"I'm excited for both of us."

"Bly, I know we made major accomplishments today, but we have to start thinking of somewhere else to stay. We can't keep bothering Dhara forever."

"Yes, you can!" Dhara yelled from the other room.

"Thank you, Dhara." Aayla smiled, then grabbed Bly's hand.

Close your eyes.

Wait. How can we still do this? You're not a Jedi anymore.

Just because I left the Order doesn't mean I don't still have the Force.

There was a moment of silence.

We haven't done this in a while.

Another moment of silence passed.

Should we start building a house in the mountain? The biggest alcove had vegetation, plus a large enough gap in the mountain wall for sunlight. It would be perfect.

Let's start next weekend, after the first week of our new jobs.

It's a plan.

—————————————————————————
Hi readers!
I know I'm a day late, but May the fourth be with you!
I'm so sorry for not posting in forever! My last big exam for a while is tomorrow, and I plan to post a few times a week after that!
Thanks for sticking with me!
The following chapters will be longer than this one FYI. :)