Their Guardian

By mudd355

Old Guard fic In which a spy awakens as a new immortal in Soviet Russia. She raised in the ways of deception... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Possible Sequel?

Chapter 15

742 33 0
By mudd355

Authors note: Got this one ready pretty quickly, figured I would treat ya'll.

*Noella's POV* 

"Wake up!"

I shot up, pulling a gun out from under my pillow and trained it on the intruder. I lowered it when I realized who it was, then groaned when I looked at the time. 

"What the hell Book? I could have shot your stupid ass." I dramatically laid back down covering my eyes with my blankets. 

"We have a mission, Morocco. The others are meeting us there." 

This caused me to sit up and look at him excitedly. "Everyone?" 

He smiled at me amused and fueled my excitement. "Yes everyone, now get dressed. You will be undercover during the meeting." 

I hoped out of bed and changed into my usual attire of skinny jeans and a halter top throwing my favorite leather jacket on top. I pulled my hair into a braided bun and laced up my usual combat boots. I topped it off with the sunglasses I bought in the nineties, they have since become part of my usual look. 

 Next I grabbed my duffel bag and started shoving my favorite clothes into it. Joe's shirt, Nicky's sweater, Booker's jacket, and Andy's boots. The rest was filled with my usual mission attire and various things. I grabbed the box of pictures and my trusty journal before zipping it up. 

My gun was tucked behind my waist band, and I had at least four knives hidden on various parts of my body. 

Booker was waiting for me at the door and without a word we set off to the airport. We had an old friend whom was responsible for most of our transport around the world. Apparently it was a family secret and tradition that had been happening since the first planes were invented. They were always willing to help our cause. It's because of their willingness that we never involved them when we were in trouble, only using them for casual travel. 

"Whats up little man?" I grabbed the little boy and spun him around before placing him firmly on his feet. His name was Nico, and he was about nine years old. When his mom died, he started traveling the world with his old man, and I always make it a point to hang out with him on the flights. 

Booker and Justin, the pilot, were watching us with matching smiles as they were talking about the travel plans. I also knew him when he was a kid, and I'm sure its pretty eerie to see me playing with his son just like I did for him. 

 Book called from the truck, "Noella, I could use help with the loading." I looked back and grabbed Nico's hand, leading him over to the truck.   

I gave him a small bag that was easy enough to carry and grabbed one of the larger crates before walking it over to the plane. 

It only took a few trips and before I knew it we were up in the air on the way to see our family again. 

-Morocco- 

Joe and Nicky were the first to arrive to the hotel with me arriving almost immediately after. Booker and I stashed the weapons in a safe place just out of the city. He went to deal with some business where I elected to rest before I saw Andy. 

They were sitting on the couch when I arrived, communicating quietly in Italian. They both got up to greet me, smiling when I arrived. I know that in a day nothing could have possibly changed, but it felt like it. It felt like we were all a happy family again.

 I hugged them tightly, which they returned enthusiastically. When we ended the hug, they grabbed my bags and helped me get it into their room. This hotel only had two bedrooms and as a result I usually shared with them. 

Andy was set to arrive any minute now so I laid on the couch with my legs across both of their laps. They looked down at me softly and began conversing again, only with me interjecting every once in a while. 

We all turned to the sound of knocking on the door. I pulled my legs off of their laps and Nicky got up to answer the door. As soon as it was opened, Nicky pulled Andy into a hug, with Joe following immediately after, picking her up and twirling her around.

I just stared at her in shock, she had been gone for a year and seeing her now didn't feel real. The texts I had sent her flashed through my mind, never answered, always seen. 

Joe spoke first "You look great."

"And you look okay." causing them both to break out in chuckles. 

Andy turned to look at me next. "Hey Sunshine."

I broke out of whatever trance I was in and ran at her, hugging her as tightly as I could scared she would disappear. 

I leaned closer to her and whispered in her ear. "I missed you." I could feel her pull me tighter as a result. 

"I know, and I missed you too Sunshine." 

We embraced for several more seconds before we all started to take our places on the couch. I was laying on top of Joe, while Booker and Andy took their places on the other couch. 

Nicky decided to issue his favorite challenge, testing Andy's palate and it never ended well for anyone who bet against her.

"Five-hundred Booker"

Andy protested knowing how this was going to end. "No."

"All right all in, here it is." 

I jumped in, throwing my money down onto the table. "I say she gets it down to the territory."

"Really, you too?" 

Joe jumped in, taking Nicky's side as always, and that made it a family pot. Andy shook her head and began to unwrap the treat slowly. She savored her first bite teasingly, enjoying the position of power she was now in. 

"Hazelnut, not Walnut."  Nicky nodded.

"The Black Sea." 

"Rosewater." 

Two fingers up. Nicky was shifting nervously and even Joe looked concerned. 

"Pomegranate" She leaned back, savoring the taste more. "Eastern Turkey." 

Booker and I yelled out, giving each other a fist bump as we celebrated our victory. We all started chattering and teasing each other in Italian while Booker and I divided up our money, lording it over the boys. Andy was watching the scene while laughing, and everything felt perfect. 

"Admit it, boss. You missed us." Joe said with a grin. I just smiled and leaned back into him. He wrapped his arms around me, and we both gave her matching grins. 

She smiled some more and admitted. "I did."

"It's a job guys." Booker broke the good mood. 

Nicky spoke next. "We can do some good."

I knew that mantra wouldn't work for Andy. "Have you been watching the news lately? Some good means nothing."

I looked down awkwardly, I knew this wasn't a conversation I should be in. I was very young compared to them, and I had come to realize that they had burdens far older than me. 

"I don't know about this guys. We're not helping." She stood up and moved to the window, looking out of it distantly. 

"I know you needed a break, but it's been over a year boss." Joe spoke kindly. 

Nicky went next like the perfect tag-team they are. "This is what we do, Andy."

All of us looked up at her expectantly, pleading with our eyes. She looked all of us over, pausing on me for a few seconds before sighing audibly.

"I'll hear him out." 

It was raining when I arrived at the market. I was separate from the group, keeping an eye on Andy and Booker from the ground. Joe and Nicky were manning a snipper rifle from a building close by in case anything goes wrong. 

I had earbuds in, so I could monitor the conversation and coffee ordered so I would not appear to be suspicious. The person they were meeting, Copley, was sitting just two tables over, looking over a paper. I didn't like this, and we don't usually do repeats. Plus dealing with people associated with the CIA makes it ten times worse. They kept meticulous records on everything, if we weren't careful we could be made. 

In the distance I saw my team approaching, and just like I coached they didn't give any indication they weren't alone. After I had joined the team Andy insisted I work on their surveillance and undercover skills. They learned quickly and now they were as good as pros.

I continued to sip my coffee leisurely and watch the surroundings for trouble.

Copley got up from his seat and greeted them warmly. It was a sentiment that Andy did not return as she started to grill him immediately. Atta girl, give him hell. 

The beginning of the meeting was small talk, Andy getting to know the person we are going to be sticking our necks our for. I was more focused on their surroundings until the mission came up. 

"A school southwest of Juba was attacked by a militia. They murdered the teachers and abducted seventeen of the students at gunpoint." He paused slightly. "The youngest was eight, oldest thirteen."

That caught my attention. I always advocate taking missions that involve children, they don't deserve this.

"South Sudanese asked the US for help, but current administration's policy is to deny aid to any nonstrategic allies."

That rang several alarm bells in my head. It makes no sense for them to go to the United States anyways. They had no major operations going on around that area, why would they expect help. Even if they did get help, it wouldn't be quick, debates alone will take days. 

"Some of my ex-colleagues at the CIA feel differently. They reached out to me, and I'm reaching out to you." 

Andy reached under the newspaper and examined the IPad. I couldn't see anything, so I did another scan of the surroundings, making sure they weren't in any danger. I sipped my coffee some more and glanced at the window Nicky was looking out of. 

They started going over more specs for the mission and all of us were listening intently, taking in every bit of information they were giving us. 

"This has to be done quickly by the best, and your team's the best I've ever seen. You can name your price." He was saying all the right things and it was irritating me. 

Andy stood up and Booker followed. "We'll invoice you when it's done."

They walked away from him, without turning back. I watched them until they were gone making sure to keep an eye on all of their surroundings. When they were out of sight, I turned to examine Copley. He was looking around for something, before finally narrowing in on Joe and Nicky. My hand brushed the handle of my gun as I glared possessively, not my team you fox. 

I quickly gained control of my emotions and sipped on my drink some more. I glanced at my surroundings, checking them, before focusing back on Copley.

He left shortly after without being joined by anyone. I left after him, taking an evasive route to the hotel, stopping briefly for an ice cream cone. 

When I arrived, they were already gathered in the living room, discussing the details of the mission. However, each of them paused and looked up at me in relief. 

I licked my cone. "He didn't meet with anyone, and I didn't see any suspicious people hanging around for the meeting." I walked around and planted myself beside Nicky, looking at the plans they had already begun drawing up.

Joe reached over and grabbed my ice cream out of my hand, finishing it in front of me. I looked at him with slight glare, before focusing on our task.

"Do y'all trust this?" I said with disbelief. 

They all looked at me with various degrees of certainty. Booker looked completely convinced which led me to believe that he knew something we didn't. Joe and Nicky were slightly less, but still significantly more than Andy and I. 

"I don't know. But we're going to do this for those little girls." She spoke with a certainty that almost completely calmed me down.

Booker went next. "I checked it all completely. It's legit." 

I nodded and went back to looking over everything we knew. It took some fine-tuning, but after a couple of hours we had a solid plan to get the girls back. 

"We all need to get some sleep, it will be a long day tomorrow." 

All of us were too tired to argue, so we said our hasty goodnights, and after I gave Andy another hug, we parted ways. 

I was rooming with Joe and Nicky so naturally I took the bathroom first, showering before slipping into Joe's shirt. They were already in bed sleeping when I got out, so I slipped into bed quietly and snuggled up to Nicky. I felt an arm drape over me and it wasn't long until I fell asleep to the sounds of their breathing. 

It was so nice to finally have my family back. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 951 47
โ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ข'๐ฆ ๐š ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐.โž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐š ๐œ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ...
9.2K 146 33
WARING THIS WAS MY FIRST FANFICTION I EVER WROTE SO GRAMMER SUCKS AND THE PLOT IS ALL OVER THE PLACE JUST CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED THIS HAS ONLY BEE...
179K 362 2
(Female Reader x Guards) (Mature Content) (Modern AU) "What have I gotten myself into Dad?"- (Y/N) DESCRIPTION: It's not easy adjusting from a move...
92.2K 2.9K 43
This is the first story, I'm writing a better one of this so if it's your first time reading this, if you wish you can wait a couple of days till I p...