Scholarship Princess | Choi S...

By PariWritesFfns

"We may not have birthed you but you will be our daughter, one way or another. Start with a scholarship and e... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
18.
Cover
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
Scholarship Princess
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.

17.

846 43 3
By PariWritesFfns

::

Ari checked her dress twice in the mirror before heading out the door. Today was important. Joshua had been surprised when he had to arrange a luncheon in her already packed schedule but Ari was determined. She'd been going on about this day from the very first time she'd stepped into the Royal Residence. After all, she was finally going to meet the Second Prince.

"Are you nervous?" Dokyeom asked, seating her into the back of a black Mercedes with the royal flag pinned on the bonnet. He was the escort today, with Joshua covering up for her sudden schedule change.

Ari nodded, eager to reach. "I've been curious about him from the start, you know?" She watched as Seokmin got in next to the driver, shaking his head.

"Of course, I know." He spoke, reminding her to wear her seatbelt, "It's all you've been talking about for the past ten minutes." Seokmin's eyes swept over her profile briefly, checking once before signaling the driver to get moving. Fixing the rearview mirror, Seokmin glanced at her excited posture, the large grin that hadn't left her face all morning. "You're going to make a man jealous at this rate, your highness." He teased, "Someone might even mistake you for his fan club owner, you know?"

"Oh come on. Make a man jealous? Me?" Ari felt giddy at his comment, nevertheless. "The only men lining up for me will be after my position. I've got the power now." She looked at her reflection in the bulletproof mirror, the happy floral dress-wearing, tiara-headed self, "I make my men Kings."

"That you do." Dokyeom agreed, "But there are very few Kings that will bow down for their Queen, your highness." He reminded, fixing his tie over his perfectly pressed white shirt. "There will be more who will fight to own you."

The headlines had been off the rails ever since Ari had been announced, face and profile as the Crown Candidate. There had been interviews scheduled around the clock, talks of her romantic interests, the chance of her inheriting the crown, and her best prospects. "I've read that article," Ari mused remembering the one on the list of Royal Suitors she could take. Joshua and Dokyeom had been on top with the two Princes and a few known faces. Ari smiled, "What do you think of your name on there? Develop any feelings for me yet?" She grinned, teasing her new friend.

"I could fall for you," Dokyeom answered to her surprise. What? Did her only friend inside the palace like her? But before she could be run off with her imaginations, Dokyeom added, "If I already wasn't in love with another." He shrugged as the car curved into the restaurant's park.

"What?" Ari grew curious at this new piece of information, "Who is it?" She'd found a new exciting venture as the car skidded to a halt.

Dokyeom got out of the car, opening the door for her with a mysterious smile on his lips. A hand extended, he gestured for her to take it, "I'm going to keep my work and play separate for this one, your highness." His lips were sealed behind a wall of mystery and Ari couldn't believe he would hide it at this point. Taking his hand, she clamored,

"No fair!"

::

The Princes had already reached when the doors opened for Ari. Seungcheol waved for her to come over and Ari checked her dress one last time before rushing on her way. The hall was empty, reserved exclusively for the heirs to have their grand luncheon. It was exciting, in a way, for Ari to be in the same room as these gorgeous men on a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

Seungcheol and Chan stood up from their seats the moment she approached, Chan bowing softly. Ari reciprocated the greeting, taking his extended hand with a suppressed smile. She didn't want to let on too much excitement before getting to know him. Couldn't have the handsome men thinking that their looks actually worked on poor Princesses like her.

Ari held back her giggle at the thought as she shared a small side hug with Seungcheol before sitting down. A comradeship had formed between her and the First Prince now, causing Ari to feel somewhat comfortable around him.

"We met at the Royal Dinner the other day," Ari reminisced the time Seungcheol had gotten drunk and Joshua had proposed all in one night. She faced Chan, "But because there was so much going on, I haven't had the honour to meet you until now."

Seungcheol eyed the change in her tone with an eyebrow raised, silently observing. Did she always speak with such a shrill voice? Chan, on the other hand, wasn't expecting for her to start the conversation and smiled shyly, "Yes, it seems that way. Congratulations on your enthronement though." He mentioned, "The Kingdom has its first-ever Princess because of you. I'm glad for this chance because I've been quite curious about you."

Ari laughed, lightening the environment around them, "You flatter me, your highness." She spoke, knocking out one of the forks on her table with her enthusiasm. Seungcheol's eyes continued to grow wider as she looked around confused at the sound. He wondered if she'd been drinking in the morning for her to be acting like this.

Chan bent to retrieve the fork, placing it away from the rest slightly. "Please, call me Chan, Ari-ssi. I'm a fan."

"Oh my." Seungcheol couldn't help but worry about the sanity of the two as Ari's face flushed a soft pink, all giddy. Really? What was wrong with her?

He coughed loudly, drawing attention from the two birds, flying into the skies of nonsense. Had they forgotten they were competitors too? Why were they so friendly? "Why don't we order something if you're done with the greetings?" He asked, earning a small pout from Ari. "No alcohol or sweet though. We all have meetings to attend."

Chan nodded, glancing at the menu, "Hyung's right. What would you like to have, Ari-ssi?"

"We'll both go for Set A." Seungcheol cut in before Ari could say something as ridiculous as having whatever he would have. Ari glared at him for a split second as if he'd hit right on the nail.

Ari sighed, "Yes, Set A."

"Let's all have that then." He spoke, calling for the waiter, with a gesture of the hand.

"What happened to showing hoobaes their Sunbaes worth, huh?" Seungcheol whispered as Chan placed the order, discussing the menu with the waiter. "Why are you acting like a schoolgirl in love all of a sudden?"

Ari frowned, softly kicking him under the table, "Just let me be. I've always wanted to meet your little brother, you know?"

But before Seungcheol could retort, Chan looked at the two, asking, "Is something the problem?" His innocent look and within a question, it was all over.

"Nope." Ari spoke, popping the p. "Nothing's wrong." And Seungcheol sighed. The schoolgirl was back in love again. The atmosphere was good and the two seemed happy. After the cold greeting yesterday, Seungcheol should've been happy that the atmosphere was something like this instead of a fist fight which Ari was certainly capable of launching into. Why then, he couldn't hide the small prick on his heart everytime she smiled for someone else?

::

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 535 19
In which Seungkwan is afraid of loving and Hansol just happens to finally attend school. What's the worst that could happen? TW // mention of suicide...
7K 200 21
𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐀𝐜𝐡𝐥𝐲𝐬 𝐋ī, 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐧, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧...
40.7K 1.2K 26
Kwon Soonyoung. a popular guy that everygirl in school would dream to be his one and only. but none of them get a chance from doing so. from a high s...
120K 3.8K 83
Jeonghan, a powerful CEO and feared mafia boss, finds himself forced into marriage with Portia, the heir to a prestigious beautyline empire. At firs...