Twins of Empire

Bởi _AGHarper

Remember that story, Twins of Empire? Shes back! Meet, Mariah, a.k.a., Mercedes Lyon ⁣ The twin of Hakeem Ly... Xem Thêm

NOTE
COVER & CAST
Empire
Legend Carter
The Lioness Returns
Investor Brunch & Comfort Home
Healing Old Wounds
The Unthinkable Moment
The Outspoken King
Kid Fo-Fo
Death Washing Up
Prince vs Princess
No Apologies
Dont Walk Away From Me
Where Is Your Sister?
Whats Getting Into Her?
Family Dinner
False Imposition
A Favor For Titan
Buy A Heart
Promises
Thuggin Days
Dangerous Bonds
Mariah & Mercedes
Hidden Pain
Tears of a Lyon
Engagements & Twin Loyalty
The Carters Prayer
A Mothers Heart & Fathers Eyes
Who Are You Running From?
Our Dancing Days
Bonds Over Anything
A Lyons Secret
The Lyon's Roar
The Oath of a Lyon
Your Crossing a Line
The White Party & Its Demons

Let The War Begin

3.1K 100 7
Bởi _AGHarper

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏- 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐏𝐭 6

Mercedes plays the keys on the keyboard.

A few of them falling flat, she slams her hands on them with a frustrated sigh.

"Now what's got you taking your anger out on these keys?" Christian walks up.

"Nothing." Mercedes shakes her head.

He sits next to her with sheet music. "Now I know you better. When too much is blocking here," Christian tapped the side of her forehead. "You need to put it here." A wave of the lyrics on paper.

"I know," Mercedes shrugs. "Just family things."

"Everybody needs a diss track."

Mercedes chuckles. "Nah, I'll be alright." A sigh over to him. "I'm sorry by the way,"

"For what?"

"The magazine."

Christian waves it off. "I'm used to rumors. None of that hurt me." He shrugs. "Anika seems to love it."

"I bet," Mercedes rolls her eyes. "She's trying her best to turn that into whatever she can. Against my wishes of course. I don't want people putting things there that isn't. Or my image hurting yours, or vice versa, you know."

"You wouldn't mess up my image." Christian shakes his head. "Anybody would be lucky as hell to have your name attached to them. You just make sure you have it attached to the right person."

"I will." Mercedes smiles.

"That's what I like to hear." He nudged her. "Got to keep you leveled in this game. It ain't easy."

"Please. No different with the streets." Mercedes scoffs.

"At least more men there got morals." Christian admits. "Snakes here will sell you out to get a dollar sign close to their name."

"Don't I know it." Mercedes looks down. "Can I ask you something?"

Christian stops flipping through his music. "Yeah?"

"Is hard to forgive people for you?"

Christian thinks about it. "Guess it all depends on the what." His brow raised. "What is it?"

"I mean just in terms of family and friends. Keeping secrets and stuff."

"Again, depends what it is." Christian shrugs. "It's always about the principle of the situation, never the situation alone."

Mercedes nods, a text on her phone from her father made her sigh.

"I got to get to the studio with my brother." Mercedes grabs her book and gets up. "I'll talk to you later."

A slow nod up. "You know where to find me, Princess."

Mercedes backs up with a smile as she turns around and takes her leave.

Walking through the halls, she went through the door and found her family in the studio.

Andre sitting in his chair texting with Anika across.

Lucious sits his drink to the side as he was in the back but facing the center to see Hakeem.

"Am I late?" Mercedes closed the door.

"No," Lucious glare stayed on Hakeem behind the glass. "No, you're right on time."

Mercedes heard his tone and took a nervous look back to the booth. Hakeem looked ready to fall right on the floor and be out of it for the day.

"Dumb ass," Mercedes sighs, rubbing her forehead.

The music starts.

"All bottles on me..." Hakeem says. "What you want, girl, what you see?"

Mercedes frowns at the lyrics as the beat itself wasn't helping. None of that was her brother and it didn't take much for her to realize that.

"You want juice, you want Jimmy..." Hakeem struggles. "You want this, I give you..." A groan from him as he messed it up and shakes it off.

Mercedes kept an arm around her as her other braced her head with two fingers.

It was like watching a slow car crash.

"Yo, run that back. I got to do that again."

Music stopped.

"All right, this is take 37." The producer tells him.

"So what?" Hakeem snapped. "Do it again."

The music starts up.

"You want to explain this." Lucious glare traveled to Mercedes.

A drop of her hand, she raised a brow back at him and points to the booth. "That is your son in there. Not mine."

Lucious hard stare on his daughter didn't let up.

"All bottles on me." Hakeem starts again. "What you want, girl..."

"He's hungover again, Dad." Andre tells him.

Mercedes gives her older brother a look but takes her concern back to the booth.

"You want juice. You want Jimmy, you want this. I give you f..." Hakeem brows pull, looking to Lucious. "What's the damn word again?"

Lucious calmly pressed the intercom on the remote. "The word is you're a mess."

"Dad," Mercedes drops her hands to look back.

"The word is you are a, disappointment." Lucious continues despite the looks from the twins. "The word is you are wasting my time."

"You're wasting my time!" Hakeem shouts. Lucious stands up. "The song's wack, Dad!"

"It ain't the song. It's you." Lucious points.

"You just don't want to hear that its bad!"

"Shut up, you little punk." Lucious says back.

"It's your fault!" Hakeem threw the headphones and stormed off in the booth.

"It is too early for this." Mercedes looks to the ceiling.

Lucious turns back. "And you," Mercedes looks over at him. "You were with him last night, why didn't you drag his ass with you out the club?"

"You can't be serious?" Mercedes looks at him crazy.

Anika sighs. "Lucious."

"No, Anika. Let him go on, cause clearly this is my fault." Mercedes steps back.

"You should have made him take his butt home." Lucious says. "Not be a hangover mess in my face."

"It's your song!" Hakeem argued.

"I told your ass shut up." Lucious points a warning finger.

A point to the booth, Mercedes hand rests on her chest. "He's my twin brother, not my child. Last time I checked, I only shared a womb with him. Not a brain or mindset."

"I made you both a team for a reason. It's always excuses with the two of you. Not to mention you got done early with rehearsal, it's probably sound just as messy as your brothers." Lucious throws up a hand.

Mercedes rolls her eyes and starts walking out.

"So damn hard hea-you going to walk away while I'm talking to you?" Lucious spun around when she walked by him.

Mercedes continued to the door. "Hakeem come on so you can come and get some air."

"I know you hear me." Lucious says. "Mariah,"

"What I am not about to do is stand here and listen to this. You need to worry about Hakeem and not me. He damn near grown, what I look like dragging him out the club?" She honestly asks him. "I remember a few days that the mother we share got out of jail a few days ago." A look to Anika and Andre who said nothing, Mercedes scoffs.

"This got nothing to do with your mother."

"Yeah, well maybe it should." Mercedes tells him. "I'm not his parent. You get on my nerves with that bullshit."

"I get on your what?" Lucious repeated walking over, he opened the door wider. "And watch your damn mouth!"

Hakeem brushed passed him.

"Both of you better walk off those attitudes before you come back to my damn building!"

Mercedes throws up her hand. "Whatever man,"

Later, that day...

Hakeem and Mercedes took a break and rode down to the little club to see Jamal. It was still daytime; the only people inside were staff and others from the bands.

Jamal sat on stage at his keyboard going over some music sheets.

"Yo." Hakeem called out getting his attention. "I need your help."

Jamal agreed to listen to the song and help, he bopped his head sometimes but then started making faces before taking the headphones out.

"Yo, your rap is hot." He nodded, an amused smirk came across his face. "But what's up with Dad? This music is wack."

"And so his parenting skills." Mercedes added in.

Laid on her back with her head in her twins lap, ankle rested on her knee.

Jamal looked down to his sister. "Aw man he must have definitely screwed up if he got you mad big head."

"He blamed me for Hakeem having a hangover." She scoffed. "That man really shocked that I did not drag 'Bottle Popping' out the club." Hakeem sucked his teeth down at her. "I tried to, but dummy here said it was in his artistic process. Now look at you,"

Jamal started laughing at the look Hakeem gave her.

"Who is you calling a dummy?"

"You." Mercedes pointed. "Let me hold your shades." She held her hand up.

"Hell to the no." Hakeem said bluntly smacking her hand away.

"See, that's exactly why you look like your father." Mercedes points up at him. "Let me remind you I had to get fussed at too by dad for you." Hakeem eyes roll to Jamal who smirks. Mercedes shrugs. "But you know it's cool...just my feelings hurt. I'll cry later, its nothing to serious."

"Here girl, damn." Hakeem slapped them in her hand. "You are annoying."

Mercedes grinned putting them on. "thank you, sir." She sits up.

"Spoiled ass." Jamal chuckled, he looked back to Hakeem. "But back to this dad situation."

"Man, forget Dad." Hakeem shrugged it off. "Ever since he wanted me to cut an album I feel like I lost my confidence."

"At least you getting somewhere." Mercedes says. "I got writers block, so I'm stuck."

"I'll help you later." Jamal nodded to her. "But back to you, is this what you really want?" He asked Hakeem. "Like for real, you really want to be Dad?" Hakeem sent him a nod, he sighed turning around to his piano. "All right."

Jamal started playing a beat on the piano as Hakeem leaned back on the speakers; bopping his head to the beat.

"Hey, I like that." Mercedes nodded with a smile.

"That's hot." Hakeem agreed as he started rapping. "What's that over there? That that ish right there. Okay come on, Cede." He nodded for her to join in.

"What's that over there? That that ish right there, what's that over there? That that ish right there."

Mercedes and Hakeem started rapping it together.

"Look, what's that on the right side? That ish right there, what's that on the left side? That, that ish right there, aye!"

They pointed at each other with a laugh as they finished.

"Yo, that's crazy." Hakeem chuckled, he fived his twin sister. "I love that."

"That beat fixed everything about the song Mal." Mercedes said.

Jamal smiled turning around. "Lay that down for dad, you're gonna be fine. I'll get the band to hook us up."

"Yes." Hakeem pulled him into a bro hug. "Thanks yo."

"Ya'll know I got you." Jamal said. Mercedes hugged him from behind arms around his neck. Jamal held her arm. He nods to Hakeem. "You got this,"

"I got it." Hakeem smiles.

"So again. Dads song was just whack?" Mercedes asks.

Jamal laughs. "Yes."

"Hell yeah." Hakeem nodded slow.

Later...

Mercedes drove in the back seat with GiGi.

"I can't believe he said that crap to you," A frown on her pink lips. "Okay I kind of can because I know your dad, but that was ridiculous."

"Never fails. Always gets blamed." Mercedes scoffed. "I was pulled out the womb after Hakeem. Technically he's older."

GiGi shakes her head. "I don't think your dad cares."

"He don't."

Pulling off to the side, the driver lets them out.

Marquis nods, walking out of the building.

"About time." He says.

"Hush. What you wanted to show us?" Mercedes asks him, pushing her back to drop against her denim jacket.

"This." Marquis motions behind him.

"What is it?" GiGi shrugs. "I just see a nice big building."

"I just seen a rat." Mercedes nods. "So there's that."

"We in the city, duh." Marquis sucks his teeth. "This is the place Legend bought."

"This?" Mercedes points to the building.

"No," Marquis motions up and down the street. "This strip and shopping center area."

GiGi jaw dropped. "How the hell he do that?"

Marquis shrugs. "I didn't ask all of that. He going to be opening up his club here. Getting businesses started. Whole plan."

GiGi blinks, taken back. "Well damn," she smile to Mercedes who shakes her head. "Talk about being smart."

"It's nice inside." Marquis jerks a finger back. "The contractors taking a look."

"Can we see?"

"Yeah, come on." Marquis leads them in.

Taking the stairs up, it led up to a large brick walled space.

Enough to fit a stage, bar, and more. The vision itself very clear. Two levels with a spiral black staircase leading up.

Mercedes heels echoed on the floors as she walked, looking up at the high ceiling.

Black heels tied up her leg, wearing dark denim blue jeans to match her jacket. A white strapped top that showed her stomach and some cleavage. Simple jewelry and as usual not much makeup.

Wearing her hair straightened out and parted in the center, she tucks it back.

GiGi points. "Oh I wanna see the second floor!"

Marquis chuckles at her going up the steps in a rush, he nods to his friend. "What you think?"

"It's a great space." Mercedes nods. "I see why he picked it. Y'all going to renovate both strips?"

"Legend said he got it." Marquis shrugs. "I don't really argue too much with him about it. He got a vision and I like it. Especially for him."

"Yeah, he always had that." Mercedes nods, she looks around. "Happy to see him actually doing it though."

Marquis chins up. "Y'all two good?"

"I don't know." Mercedes shakes her head, hands slipping in her back pockets. "I can talk to him without arguing." Marquis brows quirked. "Somewhat."

"Oh, okay." Marquis nods. "Don't be lying to my face, like that." Mercedes smirks but it drops as she looks back around. "You know I'm never one to tell somebody how to move, or what to think. You also know I don't cut family any break."

"I know." Mercedes nods, looking back at him.

Marquis gives her a stern look. "Everybody ain't perfect Cedes." He shrugs. "It's a difference when we do dumb ass things because our heart is in the right place and we thinking we protecting people. It's another to do it because we don't give a damn."

"Which one do you think it is?" Mercedes asks. "Honestly."

"The first." Marquis says. "But it's how you see it and whatever you feel about it. That is what will stand, no matter what any of us got to say."

GiGi comes to the railing. "Marquis! You said it was a bathroom up here."

"Your damn friend blind as hell." Marquis points.

Mercedes laughs.

"The hell you say?" She shouts. "Get your ass up here and show me!"

"Girl stop yelling," Marquis goes up the stairs.

Mercedes chuckles and shakes her head as she walks around the place. A look out the window to what was an abandoned strip but she saw what it could be soon.

Talking with a contractor, Legend shares a slight laugh with him as they walked from the back.

Mercedes turns around.

A second look had his steps slow up, his eyes roam her for a moment.

"I'll be in contact," The man says.

Legend gives him a smile. "Thanks, Rick." The two shake hands, the man took his leave.

Mercedes walks over.

"Now, what did I do to get a visit from you?" Legend asks, leaning back against the old bar counter.

"Marquis invited us to look." Mercedes points upstairs. "Didn't know you bought all this."

"Hard to believe?"

"No," Mercedes says.

Legend chuckles, folding his arms. "I told you I'm doing things differently. I meant that."

"I'm proud of you." Mercedes nods. "Just stay smart."

"But of course." He shrugs. "I promise you I didn't get this the illegal way. All official documents."

Mercedes brow raised. "Paying property taxes?"

Legend put a finger to his lips. "Shhh. Going to far, Mama. Way to far." Mercedes laughs. He smiles watching her. "You should stop back when it's all done."

"I'm thinking of doing so." Mercedes looks around the place. "Even throw in a charity performance."

Legend brows quirk. "Oh you being generous?"

A small space between her fingers. "Lil bit."

"Lil big, huh?" Legend smirks. "Okay."

Mercedes got quiet but noticed his eyes still on her.

A brow raising. "What?"

Eyes roaming her, he looks back up with a smile and simple head shake as he blinks. "I can't look at you, Mariah?"

"Not like that." Mercedes points.

He chuckles. "Let me guess. Your boyfriend will get upset?"

"I don't have a boyfriend."

Legend gives her a look. "You sure?"

Mercedes sighs. "You saw it too."

"Christian is his name, yeah?" Legend asks her. "Looks like a snake to me."

"Don't do that, you do not know him."

"You do?"

"He helped me a lot."

Legend head tilts, knowing better.

"He has." Mercedes sees his amused look of him clearly not believing it. "He's just a good friend. Anika did that publicity."

"That doesn't seem like you." Legend brows relax. "I'm sure you don't need him to get that."

"No, but..."

"But what?" Legend shrugs.

"You wouldn't get it."

"Do you even get it?" He honestly asks her.

Mercedes eyes roll. "Look I did not come here to have you stand across from me and give me a lecture. You let me handle my music and you handle your work. We clear?"Legend smirks. "What?"

"Nothing, I hear you." Legend nods. "Just be careful."

"Bye, Legend."

Leaning up; he grabbed her forearm and gently pulled her back.

"I'm telling you to be careful because I care, I'm not being an ass about that." He tells her. Mercedes looks up at him. "The people close are the ones with the knife."

"I know that." Mercedes says, gaze staying down. "He just helped me out of a dark place. Okay?"

"I understand." Legend says. "What you see as hell, others see that as something to use as soft spot for them to skate by. That's all I'm saying."

"I can handle myself just fine."

He nods. "I know..." Mercedes kept her head down until he lifted her chin. "But if you need me, don't think I won't come."

Mercedes scoffs. "And do what?"

That brow raised by him. "If you think I wouldn't put a body in the ground for you, I'm going to have to question you." Mercedes chuckles making him smile and drop his hand. "Just be careful, got me?"

"I got you."

"You not lost in that Empire of yours," Legends gives her a calm gaze. "You still know where you came from, don't give up that trying to play into that world. Trust me."

"I won't."

Legend walked off. "I'll see you around, Mariah."

"You leaving?"

Legend looks over his shoulder. "Why, you miss me already?"

"Bye, Legend."

A laugh from him. "Call me if you me beautiful girl."

Mercedes smiles, a look down briefly before staring off in the direction Legend left in...

That night...

Lucious walked downstairs. The loud knocks on the door pulling his steps quicker. When he got the call, it was already late and hitting close to 1AM.

He tied his robe up and opened the door letting Bunkie in.

"The last time you called me this late, your brother had been murdered." Lucious said walking over to the dinning area.

"You forgot me man." Bunkie said closing the door, Lucious turned around to face him. "You left me behind. I been with you since the beginning and you can't even give me a measly 25 large."

"That's cause you would lose it." Lucious said simply. "If I gave you a million dollars you'd give it away to some bookie."

"Dad, it's like 12 in the morning, who is at the door?" Mercedes walked downstairs in her blue night shorts set. Bonnet on as she rubbed her eyes, yawning. A double take seeing the familiar face. "What you doing here so late uncle Bunkie?"

"Handling some business with your dad." Bunkie said still keeping his eye on Lucious.

Lucious shot Bunkie a look.

Mercedes looked at the tension between them. "Y'all good?"

Lucious walked over to her. "Yeah." A hand on her shoulder got Mercedes eyes on him. "Baby girl, go back upstairs while me and your uncle talk, okay?"

"Fine but will ya'll not be so loud though?" Her brow raised.

"Yeah we will keep it down for you." Lucious said, he kissed the side of her head. "Go on back up."

"Okay." Mercedes gives a tired eye roll. A wave back to them as she headed for the steps. "Night, Unc."

Bunkie waited until he heard a door upstairs close.

"A million ain't enough Lucious." He said making him turn back to face him. "I need $3 million."

Lucious gave him a look. "I wouldn't give you three nickels. Them four dealers you killed back in the day..."

"You was a murderer, too." Bunkie pulled out a gun on him making Lucious take a step back and a bit shocked that he was doing this here. "I'll light a match, and I will burn this bitch down to the ground."

Lucious scoffed giving him a look. "You come to my house and pull a gun on me? Threaten to kill me in my own house and burn it with your niece in it to. Now you know I don't give a damn about me," A finger pointing out. "but that's my daughter upstairs."

"Just your daughter?" Bunkie questioned. "I helped you raise them, especially Mercedes. She wouldn't know half the stuff she does without me. That girl was basically like my daughter before you found out she could sing, then she just became dollar signs for Empire in your head. You didn't see your daughter until the world did."

"Watch yourself Bunkie." Lucious warned. "You stepping on landmines."

"I want what's mine." Bunkie said cutting to the chase. "And I mean that."

Lucious glared as Bunkie walked out his house slamming the door.

The next day....

Mercedes and Jamal sat in the studio with Lucious, Anika and Andre. They all listened to Hakeem going off in the booth.

Hakeem smiles to his two siblings who gave their thumbs up.

"This is our year, prince of America..."

Hakeem stops with a deep breath.

Lucious slow clapped walking inside the booth. A proud smile as he held Hakeem's face.

"You are beautiful."

"Jamal helped me with most of it." Hakeem points proudly to the glass.

Mercedes nudged her older brother who chuckles.

"Did he?" A less excitement in Lucious tone as he gives Jamal a look.

Jamal smile dropped slow. Mercedes catches this and her brows pull.

Lucious shakes his head, looking back to Hakeem. "No... That was that monster in you that did it." He points to him. "That was that genius. You did that."

Hugging Hakeem.

Jamal rolls his eyes and leaves.

Mercedes eyes widened looking back and forth.

"Jamal," she runs out the door after him. "Mal!"

Andre watched them leave, a smirk playing on his lips as he looked back to a happy Hakeem and Lucious.

Mercedes followed her brother. "Mal, hold up!" She gets him turn around. "Hey-"

"He always does that, always."

"Cause he knows it gets under your skin." Mercedes tells him. "That don't mean let him."

"No, I'm not." Jamal shakes his head. "I am going to take your advice." Mercedes head tilts. "Not going to sit on nobody's sidelines anymore, I mean that."

Jamal walks away from her making Mercedes sigh to herself.

Andre walked up as he sees Jamal leaving.

"He gone?"

Mercedes nods and turns back. "Yeah. I would have too."

"I don't know why you expected different from dad." Andre head tilts. "You act like he would be different over night."

"It's called just showing some appreciation for your son."

"I guess only his sons has that problem." Andre points out.

Mercedes gives him a look. "Something you want to get off your chest Andre?"

"Not at all." Andre smiles. "I would just focus on your music. Don't get caught up in family drama, not good for you."

Mercedes glares. "What's not good for you is telling me what to do." Andre smirk drops a bit. "Right idea. Wrong bitch."

Andre hides his annoyance. "Got to leave the streets behind at some point little sis."

Mercedes eyes widened. "What are you talking about?"

He shrugs. "Your choice of words," Mercedes eyes relaxed to his raised brow. "Not unless it's something else."

Mercedes shakes her head. "No,"

"Good." Andre nods. "Wouldn't want you starting any problems."

"Won't be any if snakes know their role."

"Got somebody you don't trust?" Andre asks.

"Sad to say, I'm looking at him."

Mercedes walks away, bumping his shoulder as she passed.

Andre gives her a look over his shoulder.

Few days later...

Everybody gathered on the Empire Yacht for a small party. A start of Empire going global.

Mercedes wore a black dress that hugged her curves with a slit on the side. All of her hair out in its natural state.

Texting on her phone, she was worried about Jamal not texting her back after what happened at Empire. Even though the one time he did respond he said he was busy, Mercedes knew better than that.

Anika sees her. "There is my favorite girl."

Mercedes puts her phone away. "Hey,"

"So listen," Anika says excited. "I got you and Christian on a radio interview this week."

Mercedes brows raise. "How come?" She laughs a bit. "I don't need him to do that."

"Well we wanted to do more with you two together." Anika tells her. "You know, draw the publics attention."

"That isn't the way I want to do that." Mercedes says. "I really don't to give people the wrong idea."

"I know, I know." Anika calms her down. "But it's good press and your dad set it up. So it's already done." Mercedes sighs, looking off. "Okay?"

"I have no choice at this point." Mercedes throws up a hand.

"You're going to do great, trust me." Anika hugs her. "You seen your father?"

"Somewhere up front," Mercedes waves it off.

"Okay." Anika smiles, walking by her.

Mercedes shakes her head. "Welcome."

Walking out, she heads down the steps in her heels. Waving to a few people with a charming smile as always.

Getting to the bottom of the steps, Christian sees her and excuses himself.

Holding out his hand to her, Mercedes took it before she stepped down. Many people seen this and watched, whispering with smiles to themselves.

A roll of her eyes. "I'm guessing Anika told you to."

"How'd you guess?" Christian nods a smile to fellow rapper.

"Lucky guess." Mercedes mumbles.

Cookie watched this from afar and nudged Jamal.

A point the couple passing. "Who is that touching your sister?"

Jamal sees the familiar face. "That's Christian."

"Oh, that's him." Cookie looks him up and down. "Mm."

"What?" Jamal brow raised.

"I don't like him."

"You ain't even meet the man yet." Jamal laughs.

"I don't need to meet him, I know crazy when I see it stupid." Cookie glares. "I bet putting them together was Boo-Boo Kittys idea wasn't it?" Jamal shrugs unsure. "Mhm. I know it was. Lucious isn't going to be pimping off my daughter to get her name bigger. Damn girl don't need that."

"Don't start."

"I'm just saying." Cookie hand goes up, a glare to Christian as she frowned. "He ain't her type either."

Jamal double takes. "How you know?"

Cookie smirks. "Trust me. I can tell you he isn't even close." A pick up of another drink. "I'll be right back."

"Don't embarrass her."

"Boy, shut up." Cookie walked over. "Mariah," Stopping their conversation, Mercedes smiles at her mother coming over. "Hey, baby girl."

"Hey, ma." A smile from her, she looks back. "Oh! Christian this is my mother, Cookie Lyon. Mom this is-"

"Oh I know who he is." Cookie dismissed the intro and ignored his hand to look at Mercedes.

Christian nods and takes his hand back.

Mercedes gives her a look. "Stop-it!" A hush.

Cookie smiles. "Could you give us a minute?"

"Sure." Christian looks to Mercedes who eyes were in slits at her mother, both women sharing the same look. "I'll get you something to drink."

Mercedes broke her glare to give him a smile. "Thank you," Watching him leave, she looks back. "Now was that necessary?"

"What you doing with that?"

Mercedes shakes her head. "We are just friends."

"Not what people are going to think."

"I'm just doing what is told." Mercedes hands go up in defense.

"Do not let them tell you how to market yourself." Cookie tells her. "You don't need fancy Christian to get that. You also don't want to be stuck being known as his girlfriend. That's a hard place to climb out of."

"I know." Mercedes sighs. "Just a few press events. That's it. I swear."

"Okay," Cookie points. "Better be.

"I don't need a broom beating next, so, yes mam."

Cookie stops mid sip as Mercedes laugh. "You real funny."

Mercedes looks over at Jamal and gives a wave to him that he returned.

"Have you talked with Jamal?" She asks her mother.

"Yeah," Cookie nods. "I'm managing him now, I should be talking to him."

Mercedes looks to her mother in shock. "You are?"

"Yup."

"I see." Mercedes smiles. "I'm glad."

"Yo Cedes!" Hakeem called out from by steps.

Looking over at him she held up a finger before looking back at her mom. "Sorry, I-"

"It's okay go on we can always talk later." Cookie nodded.

"K." She sent her a smile before walking over to Hakeem. "What you want?"

"Nothing." Hakeem shook his head, he looked over her shoulder at Cookie before back at her. "What did she want?"

"Our mother just wanted to talk. Not a crime."

"She's not my mother." Hakeem said sternly. "Jamal decided to work with her to."

"Yeah I heard." Mercedes nods.

"I told you," Hakeem points.

"Stop that, it don't mean anything." Mercedes tells him. "We promised what our parents got won't get in our way. Okay?"

"Okay," Hakeem shrugs.

Lucious walked down and came to a stop at the middle of the steps as everybody was gathered around.

Jamal took his spot at the piano as Cookie stood next to him. Andre and Rhonda gathered up by the top looking down at everybody, Anika was at the bottom of the steps.

"Ladies and gentlemen." Lucious spoke getting their attention. "It is my great honor to welcome back the heart and soul of Empire Enterprises, Ms. Cookie Lyon." He motioned a hand over to Cookie who smiled and waved as everybody gave her a warm round of applause

Hakeem mumbled something rude until Mercedes elbowed him, rolling his eyes he lazily clapped.

Mercedes smiles at Christian coming over and stood closer with him.

"To Cookie." Lucious raised his glass to her, Anika rolled her eyes at this. "Also, this year my three kids Hakeem, Jamal, and Mercedes Lyon are all releasing new albums!" He raised the champagne bottle looking down at his kids with a smirk. "To the Empire!"

"To the Empire!" Everybody said as they raised their glass.

Hakeem and Mercedes looked over at Jamal who was already looking their way.

Leaving her brothers to stare down one another, she looked up at the second level to the one staring at them all, Andre.

Neither of them knew that their last sing along in this yacht, it would be the last one...

______

FAV & COMMENT ❤️

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.3K 46 21
The Lyons as we know only have 3 kids Andre, Jamal, and Hakeem but what if there was another kid that was Kidnapped and forgotten when empire blew up...
32.8K 1.2K 39
Mr. Lucious Lyon father of four, yes four. First born Andre Lyon, the smart. Second born Jamal Lyon, the gentle. Third born Hakeem Lyon, the whore. T...
82.6K 2.9K 69
𝗘𝗠𝗣𝗜𝗥𝗘 | ❝ 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙙𝙤𝙢 ❞ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 With Lucio...
45.9K 1.1K 26
Mercedes is a 17 year old girl who gets adopted by Hakeem Lyon yep son of Cookie and Luscious Lyon. But what happens when he starts falling for the...