Sailing With Destiny

By Bookworm_Tina

"Do you have any idea how damn frustrating you are?" He trapped me between him and the wall. Stubbornly, I l... More

Preface
Paris
Pont des Arts
Monte Carlo
Sumptuous Repast
BlackJack
St Tropez
Friend or Foe
Provoke
Morning Coffee
Portofino
Kayak
Kiss it Better
Tuscany
Off-route: London
Brotherly Things
The Marino's
Frustration
Corsica
Cherry
Ibiza
A Night in Ibiza
Costa Blanca
Cupcakes
Cumpleaños
Fiesta
Old Wounds
Homebound
Vacation Over
New York
Bubbles and Beer
Petty
Class Day
Celebrate
Priorities
A Magical Day
I Hate My Birthday
Intern
Millie Bee
Summit
That Escalated
Ego
Liquid Courage
Predicament
Corporate Sexy
Dinner at Dad's 2.0
Anti-Mila
Voice of Reason
Fragile
Talk To Me
A Little Better
Not What You Need
Revelation And Secrets
Forgive Me?
Space
The Night Begins
I don't Know You Anymore
He's Still My Friend
I Got You, Always
Wedding Date
Friends
The Calm
Before
The Storm
I Promise
I Hate Halloween
Best Friend or Girlfriend?
Decisions, Decisions
I Can't Live Without You
I Will Survive
Nostalgic
Holiday Surprises
I Trusted You
I Trusted You Too
A Mental Maze
Always
Mark My Words
Call It Destiny

Can The Night End Already

855 50 191
By Bookworm_Tina

If there was something that determined our fate, kismet, or destiny, it must've truly hated me. I stood immobile in my seat and stared at Liza, dressed in a fitted dress, who easily stole the room's attention. I couldn't deny how beautiful she was, she was the type of person to stand out in a crowd and that fact made me a little bitter.

I tried to remove my hand out of Mitchell's hold but he held on tighter and kept them interlocked. I glanced around the table and not much to my surprise, Owen's, Faith's, and Wang's eyes were locked on me. I looked back at Mitchell and told him to let go but he ignored my words and pulled my chair closer to his. 

"Did you know she'd be here?" I whispered and tried to keep my face nonchalant. 

"No. Did you?" Mitchell whispered in my ear. 

I shook my head in response and took in a breath. I told myself not to allow Liza's presence to bother me but the image of her and Mitchell in that bar flashed in my mind repeatedly. I tried to block it out with Mason's words from earlier but I couldn't be sure of my theory until I spoke to Mitchell. 

"Don't allow her to bother you." Mitchell's breath fanned against the side of my neck. He gently squeezed my hand. "I love you, Milo. Only you."

Mitchell's words were assuring but they didn't beat the bitterness and annoyance I felt as I watched Liza. There had to have been hundreds of art galleries in New York and even more art brokers, why did Liza have to be the one at my event?

"Mon Coeur," Liza began. "My Heart. This painting isn't just dear to me but holds a great significance. In any form, I am certain everyone here has loved and possibly even lost. When we lose someone we love, for whatever reason, we're left with memories and I allowed my memories and love to be expressed through this painting."

'Don't call me Mon Coer.'

I recalled how much Mitchell seemed to dislike the name and it was weird that he told me not to call him that when he never really stopped me from calling him the many other weird names I had for him. It all made sense now, Liza called him that, and the painting was made with him and their relationship in mind.

Liza gestured to the painting with hues of mainly black, grey, and white but the closer I looked, there were subtle undertones of pastel pink, blue, and a touch of yellow. She had a thing for abstract paintings and even though I knew nothing about art, she was a meaningful and talented artist. 

"Love can be colorful, radiant, and beautiful but to achieve an everlasting love, you need to peel away the trials and tribulations – the grey areas. Once you work through that, you can find... bliss and live happily ever after." Liza's eyes scanned the crowd and she paused for a second when she locked eyes with Mitchell. 

I swallowed and told myself not to look at his reaction but I couldn't stop myself. I held my breath and slowly turned to look his way. Mitchell wore no expression. His face was blank like when one would bypass a stranger on the street. I let out a breath of relief and the indifference in his stance comforted me to an extent. Mitchell looked my way and just like that, his gaze softened and he winked at me. I couldn't stop myself from smiling as I leaned into him and breathed at ease. 

Liza blinked and quickly composed herself. "If you look closer, beyond the grey tones, you'll find two hands linked to form the shape of a heart." 

I saw what she explained. A larger masculine hand was drawn on one side and a smaller, feminine one on the other. Each of their thumbs was curved in and joined, and their index fingers touched to form the shape of a heart. The shape of their hands was in subtle pastels while the chaos around them was painted in black and white. 

"I'll finish this up by summarizing my inspiration." Liza cleared her throat and quickly glanced at Mitchell before she spoke. "Tu as trop aimé, j'ai trop peu aimé. Quand je t'ai aimé, il était trop tard, Nous nous sommes perdus l'un l'autre mais des parties de notre cœur seront toujours connectées."

My brows slowly knitted together and I ignored the gazes of my friends before I looked at Mitchell. "What does that mean?"

Mitchell's jaw clenched and he inhaled deeply. "It's stupid."

"Mitchell."

"Do we have to do this here?"

"I'm asking nicely," I whispered. "Tell me."

Mitchell didn't look pleased. He licked his lips and exhaled softly. "You loved too much, I loved too little. When I loved you, it was too late. We lost each other but parts of our hearts will always be connected."

Liza's words were proof enough that she was inspired by Mitchell and their relationship for the painting. I had my doubts at first but her little summary confirmed them. I couldn't help but feel bitter and perhaps even a little jealous. I had no reason to be jealous but if I didn't know what she once meant to Mitchell, it would've pinched a little less. 

"How poetic." I rolled my eyes and gulped the champagne from my glass in one go. 

My eyes met Faith's from across the table and she looked at me in concern. Faith asked if I was okay with mouthing the words and I didn't know the answer myself. I merely shrugged and grimaced. Faith looked as if she was about to get out of her seat to come over but I shook my head and reassured her with my eyes that I'd be okay. 

"Mila..." Mitchell muttered softly. "You know she means nothing to me, right?"

"Mon Coer," I dryly muttered. "She used to call you that, right? That's why you didn't like it when I referred to you like that."

"It's not as you're assuming, I just..."

"Forget it, I understand. No need to explain yourself or get into the details of your relationship with her."

I noticed Mitchell hadn't touched his whiskey and if I were to get through the night smoothly, I needed something stronger than champagne to calm my nerves. I grabbed the glass and downed the drink in one go. 

I twisted my face in disgust as the alcohol burned my throat and the bitterness of the liquid flooded my tastebuds. I ignored the looks I got from Faith and Wang and relaxed back in my seat. I was pretty lightweight so I expected the drink to work in soon. 

Mitchell gripped my arm. "Let's go."

"I can't leave, I'm the host."

"I mean, let's get some air."

I stared into Mitchell's eyes and wasn't sure if he was annoyed or worried or both. "Do you agree with her?"

"Pardon?"

I gulped. "We lost each other but parts of our hearts will always be connected."

Mitchell's dark brows knitted together and he drew his lips into a straight line. "No. Why would you even ask me that?"

I shrugged. "You know what they say, first love and all that."

Mitchell quickly glanced around the table and I was glad the seats weren't placed closely or everyone would've heard us. Although by my body language and facial expressions, it wasn't hard to conclude that I was upset. Mitchell clenched his jaw and his eyes darkened a shade. "I understand how you feel but don't push it."

I wanted to blame the alcohol but after hearing about Kelsey and Dad, seeing Liza was the cherry on top. I was on edge and awfully upset but it was also unfair to take it out on Mitchell. My stupid question came off as if I didn't trust Mitchell or his feelings for me. 

"And how do you feel?" I blurted. "Are you bothered seeing her again?

"No," Mitchell firmly stated. "But I am bothered that you're affected. If I'm concerned about anyone, it's only you."

"I'm fine." I huffed, loosened out of his hold, and faced the front. Mitchell tried to hold my hand but I wanted space so I pushed him away. I pulled my chair away from his and mentally chanted to keep calm while the auction for the painting went on. 

Dante lifted his hand to bid but Wang quickly grabbed his hand, dropped it, and shook his head. Dante appeared confused and I hated that my friends were caught in the middle. I didn't miss everyone's curious gazes and the tension between Mitchell and me was very much evident. 

A waiter with a tray of champagne walked past our table and I stopped him to get another glass. Just as I was about to take a sip, Mitchell gripped my wrist and gently took the glass out of my hand.

"I don't think you should have more." Mitchell calmly spoke. 

I raised a brow and pulled my wrist out of his hold. "Excuse me? Remind me who you are to tell me what to do?"

Mitchell's temper hung on by a loose string. "Mila."

I grabbed the glass back and humorlessly grinned. "You're only Daddy in the bedroom, not here." I stared into his eyes and smugly took a sip of champagne. "Stay within your limits."

Stop being a bitch, Mila. He doesn't deserve it. He didn't invite Liza. 

Mitchell looked at our surroundings and did his best to appear nonchalant but I could tell he was mad. "I don't want to fight. Let's go get some air, drinking isn't going to help."

"And sold to the gentleman at the back for seven thousand dollars!" The auctioneer exclaimed. I looked in front and Liza wore a bright smile. I wanted to walk up, grab the painting and rip it in half. She was my perpetrator and now her pathetic painting contributed to my foundation. I didn't want her money or anything of hers to touch something that was dedicated to Mom.

I was about to get out of my seat but Mitchell grabbed my waist and made me sit. "Where are you going?"

"To refuse her money," I mumbled. I tried to stand again but Mitchell held me back firmly. 

"Let me go," I seethed between gritted teeth and felt everyone's eyes at the table on us. "I refuse her donation."

"Mila, do not create a scene," Mitchell coolly spoke. "We'll figure it out later just please, be quiet or take a walk with me."

"No!" I exclaimed and pulled back. The room went silent and everyone's eyes fell on me. My face was flushed from embarrassment and alcohol. I wanted to sink in my seat but instead, lowered my head, and thankfully, the coordinator began speaking again. 

"Now I need a drink." Mitchell got up and walked away. 

Nice going. You're going to ruin the night and leave a bad impression.

"Are you alright, Mila?" Kelsey asked from across the table. 

I smiled, closed mouth. "Peachy." 

"Are you sure? Can I get you something? You don't look so good."

I pointed to the front even though Liza had already taken a seat. "Get rid of Mitchell's ex and her puta madre painting and I'll be forever grateful. Oh, and perhaps you could stop throwing your relat-"

"Mils, we're going to the lady's room," Faith cut me off. Faith was already out of her seat and gripped my hand before I could object. "Now."

"Before you lecture me, you should know why..." I trailed off when Faith unexpectedly wrapped her arms around me tightly. 

For some reason, the minute she hugged me I felt a lot better but also emotional. I missed her and her comfort so much. I hugged her back and shut my eyes. If only Faith knew how badly I needed that hug. 

"It's okay, I understand." Faith held my hands and stared at me warmly. "But don't ruin an important night just because of one cockroach that decided to appear."

"Cockroach?" I chuckled. 

"It's the first thing that came to mind." Faith smiled. She squeezed my hand. "I can't imagine how you feel seeing Liza for the first time since... the accident. But try not to take it out on Mitch, he didn't expect to see her here either."

I shut my eyes and a lump built in my throat. "Fay, you don't know how hard the last couple of weeks has been."

"Mila." Faith caressed my arms. "Hey, what happened?"

I opened my eyes, took in a deep breath, and consoled myself. "So much and seeing her tonight is the pull ring to set me off."

"Talk to me, Mils."

I took in one too many breaths and blinked rapidly so I wouldn't cry and ruin my makeup. "If I get into the details, I'll end up crying and I can't do that right now." Another deep breath before I ranted, "My friendship with Leo is over. I underwent surgery three weeks ago and would most likely never give birth to my own kids. I saw video footage of Mitch making out with Liza and looking at her as if she were his whole world. I recently found out Kelsey freaking Campbell shared a way better relationship with my dad growing up than I did. To top it off, my relationship with Mitchell feels like it's in shambles and the minute there seems to be some progress, I'm taken back ten steps."

Faith's mouth parted and it appeared as if she was about to cry. She hugged me once more and it was very difficult not to cry. My chest physically ached and my throat and eyes burned. "Mils, why didn't you call?"

"I don't know..." I whispered. "But I've never felt more alone than in these last weeks."

"I should've called more often, I'm sorry."

I wished I could've spoken to Faith for longer but the night wasn't over and it would've been bad form to hide in the bathroom. I touched up my makeup and Faith made me promise to spend the entire next day with her. 

Faith held my hand and together we walked back to our table. I felt a lot lighter after our brief conversation but there was still a weight on my chest and for that to go, I needed to talk to Mitchell. 

When I got back to the table, Nowak was in the middle of his speech and Mitchell was back in his seat. Everyone's eyes were on me but I ignored them and sat down. I hesitantly glanced at Mitchell and caught him staring my way with no expression. He played with the stubble on his chin and his stare was so intense that I squirmed a little in my seat before looking away.

Nowak's speech was insightful and he intelligently spoke but some parts triggered me and I felt myself wanting another stronger drink. However, I knew better than to drink anymore especially since I'd barely eaten all day. 

The first lot of formalities were over and it was time for dinner before we were to announce the three raffle winners for the night. Dad gave away a weekend ski trip to Vail. Mason and Mitchell kindly put together a package to Las Vegas which I thought was Mitchell's idea because of the significance the place had to us. The last giveaway was smaller and a spa day that was sponsored by me. 

My stomach growled but I couldn't eat. I played with the food on my plate and blocked out the flowing conversation at the table. My mind was not in a good space and the anxiety that kicked in didn't help. For some reason, I felt more on edge and it wasn't just because of Liza. 

"Please eat," Mitchell spoke for the first time since he walked off. 

"I can't." I dropped the fork on my plate. "It doesn't want to go down."

Mitchell hesitated at first before he placed his hand on my thigh. The warmth from his palm calmed me a fraction. "Do I need to feed you?"

"No."

"Then eat or I will."

I huffed. "Mitch..."

Mitchell picked up my fork, loaded it with the spinach, mushroom, and feta gnocchi, and brought it to my mouth. "Open."

My eyes widened. "That sounds so wrong."

"Mila, I'm not kidding. You've had one too many drinks and only ate cereal all day. I will make fucking airplane sounds until you open your mouth if you don't cooperate."

I was taken aback by his harsh tone but also touched by his care. "What about social etiquette?"

Mitchell inhaled deeply and exhaled to calm himself. "Stop pushing all my wrong buttons and eat."

Mitchell had a point and I'd already caused a scene so I obliged. I slowly opened my mouth and was about to take the fork from him but Mitchell held on firmly and very sweetly fed me. My heart warmed by his love and care. I smiled gratefully while Mitchell half grinned.

"Are you going to eat or do I need to feed you every little grain from your late?"

I took the fork from him and my cheeks warmed. "I can manage."

"Are you sure?" Mitchell raised a brow. "Because I don't mind."

I glanced around the table and typically, Wang wore the widest grin and swooned while he watched us. "People are looking."

"I don't care about people. You're my only priority."

Before Mitchell fed me again, I grabbed a forkful of food, shoved it in my mouth, smiled, and offered a thumbs up to show him I was fine on my own. 

"Good girl," Mitchell whispered in my ear. 

Caught completely off guard by his words, I choked. Thankfully I was done chewing and reached for the glass of wine but Mitchell handed me water instead and chuckled at my reaction.

How did we go from borderline fighting to flirting and laughing? 

Once I'd eaten as much as I could and Mitchell was done, I grew impatient with causal chatter and Kelsey's topic of her time at Yale with Mitchell got on my nerves. I gripped Mitchell's hand. "Can we talk in private for a moment?"

"Sure."

I gulped down the remaining wine from my glass before I stood. Mitchell raised a brow and looked at me in dismay. "I don't like wasting food," I mused. "Or in this case, wine."

Mitchell excused us from the table, placed his hand on my lower back and I led the way. I contemplated if putting everyone close to me in one room was a good idea or not. On our way, I was stopped by Dad who wanted to talk but I assured him I was alright and we'd talk once the night was over. Then Carly stopped to ask if I was okay and Mason sternly looked at Mitchell, silently asking if he knew about Liza's arrival. Once Mitchell's parents were assured, we tried to leave again but this time, we were stopped by Liza.

My body instinctively tensed and the nerve she had to openly check out Mitchell made my skin crawl. Mitchell's hand automatically went around my waist and he pulled me to his side. 

"Mitch." Liza's blue eyes boldly ran him over once more. She looked my way and her smile narrowed a fraction. "Mila, right?"

"Yes. Lisa, right?" I forced a grin. 

"Liza," Liza clarified. "It's so good to see you again."

I disagree. 

"Together." Liza's eyes danced between us. "The last time all of us met..."

"We've exchanged enough pleasantries. Excuse us," Mitchell curtly said.

I instinctively flinched when Liza caught me off guard and placed her hand on my arm. "I'm so glad you're okay after the accident. I had no idea until I bumped into Mitch and he told me all about it."

"Elizabeth," Mitchell warned. 

Liza appeared intimidated by Mitchell's tone and glare. She removed her hand and took a small step back. I was a little surprised at how easily she listened to him, I never did that. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up," Liza humorlessly chuckled and ran a hand through her hair. "I had no idea this event was hosted by you. If I'd known, I would've sent an intern in my place or someone else."

"Why?" I kept my tone nonchalant. "You're here for work, not a guest so I don't mind."

Liza grinned but I could tell she didn't particularly like my reply. "Well, I'm glad I could contribute to such a worthy course. I know it's close to your heart, Andy mentioned that your mom had Alzheimer's."

Si esta perra no se calla... Tranquila, Mila

"I appreciate Andy's input. I don't know much about art but if Andy thought it was worth auctioning, who am I to argue?" I humorlessly smiled. "And yes, I'm not ashamed to admit that my mom had Alzheimer's." I leaned into Mitchell and rested my head on his shoulder. "I had the best person to help me get through losing her."

Mitchell kissed the top of my head. Liza watched our every move and her smile completely faded. 

"If you're done playing host, can I have you to myself now?" Mitchell asked. 

I nodded before I lifted my head off Mitchell's shoulder and grinned at Liza. "As Andy's guest, I hope you enjoy the rest of your night. Excuse us."

I felt relieved to see that Mitchell stared at Liza like he would a stranger. There was no emotion behind his gaze and he didn't seem the least bit affected or bothered by her. 

"It's funny, Mitch," Liza's annoying voice stopped us once more. Her gaze lowered to mine and Mitchell's intertwined fingers for a second before she looked up. "The last time we met, you had a girl in your arms too. Only she was blonde and looked nothing like Mila."

"Kelsey?" I replied on Mitchell's behalf. "Mitch is such a good friend. One of the many things I love about him is how well he treats the people close to him and how he values his relationships."

Liza must've not expected me to know because the smug expression she wore completely disappeared. Liza humorlessly chuckled. "Right... yeah. He's always been one of the good ones."

I let go of Mitchell's hand and circled my hand around his arm. "I'm lucky to call him mine. He's so good to his friends, I can't even begin to tell you how good he is to me." I caressed his arm. "In every way possible."

"I think I'm the lucky one but let's not argue, hmm?" Mitchell stared at me warmly. "Shall we?"

I nodded and grinned at Mitchell. Liza was left immobile in her spot and while pettiness and catfights were never my thing, it felt damn well good to shove my relationship with Mitchell in her face. 

I locked the bathroom door behind me and exhaled. The silence the large bathroom offered was appreciated and Mitchell who leaned against the oak cabinet watched me silently. 

"Are you alright?" 

"I wish this night would just end," I admitted and lifted my hand to run my fingers through my hair but Mitchell gripped my wrist. I stared up at him as he stood straight, dropped my hand, and lightly brushed the loose strand of hair off my forehead. "Breathe." Mitchell caressed the corner of my mouth with the pad of his thumb. "The night won't be half as bad if you didn't allow anyone irrelevant to get to you."

We remained still for a long moment and I stared into his sincere, loving gaze. Mitchell was possibly the most patient man to deal with me and my recent fluctuating moods and tantrums. He did so without a complaint and not once did he express how the tension between us affected him. 

Without a second thought, I threw myself in his arms and hugged him with all the strength I could muster. Mitchell was caught off guard for a split second but he quickly hugged me back. I buried my face in his chest and inhaled his intoxicating scent I loved so much. Mitchell's one hand drew circles on my lower back while he caressed my hair with the other. 

"I needed this."

"Me too, Baby."

I wasn't ready to pull away but I couldn't disappear for long so reluctantly, I let go of him. Mitchell kept his hands around me and he gulped while his eyes moved back and forth from my eyes to my lips. 

"Were you on benzos?" I got straight to the point. 

Our moment was broken just like that and Mitchell's paled a fraction. "What?"

"Just answer the question."

Mitchell clenched his jaw and shook his head. "Dad."

"Mitch."

"It was a long time ago, I struggled with anxiety but I'm a lot better."

"You struggled after my accident?" I asked softly. 

Mitchell's gaze softened. "Living without you was fucking difficult but I can't tell you how it felt – feels to live with the guilt of what happened to you." Mitchell exhaled. "Because of me, you almost..."

I gripped his face between my hands. "Feel that? It's me, your Milo. I'm here, alive and breathing. You've got to stop blaming yourself."

Mitchell lowered his gaze and tried to look away but I forced him to look at me. "Please, Mitch."

"It's easier said than done." Mitchell shook his head. "This isn't the right time or place to talk about it."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but I need to know, the night from the CCTV footage. Did you take medication before you consumed alcohol and marijuana?"

"I thought I was the lawyer between us? So, why am I being interrogated?"

"Answer the question, Mitchell."

Mitchell licked his lips and lowered his eyes in shame. "Yeah, I think so. That night is a blur, I don't recall a lot."

His answer was enough to confirm that he was completely out of it that night and not only acted irresponsibly but also put his life at risk. I removed my hands off his face and softly slapped him across the face. 

Mitchell looked as if I threw ice-cold water down his head. He blinked twice and his brows knitted together. "What the fuck?"

"How could you be so stupid to mix benzo's with not just alcohol but marijuana too? You could've killed yourself!"

"Where is this coming from? Why are you bringing up something that happened months ago?"

"Because, you stupid cabrón, you don't remember anything from that night due to your sheer recklessness with medication and drugs!"

"You were probably hallucinating and that's why you looked at Liza... that way. You said you pushed her away in the parking lot, that must've been when you realized who she really was."

Realization dawned down on his features. "I mean, possibly but I don't want that to excuse my actions. I did you wrong and I should accept that."

I rolled my eyes at his nobility. "You couldn't differentiate left from right that night, I highly doubt you could tell wrong from right."

Mitchell ran a hand over his face. "I recall nothing from that night so I don't know what went through my head."

"Why didn't you tell me about the medication? It would've saved us from everything we've dealt with in the last weeks."

Mitchell shrugged. "As I said, everything is a blur and I didn't want to make excuses for my actions." Mitchell ran his fingertips up my arm. "I didn't want you to know about the benzos and have you blame yourself for what I only put myself through."

I huffed and placed each of my hands on his shoulders. "I know they're wide and strong but you don't have to shoulder every single responsibility. You aren't to blame for everything that goes wrong in my life."

"In this case, I was to blame." Mitchell placed his palm over my lower abdomen. "I am to blame."

"Stop," I whispered. "Stop blaming yourself."

"But..."

I raised my hand to poke his cheek where a deep dimple sat but Mitchell's quick reflexes caught my wrist. "I'm not going to allow you to slap me again."

"I wasn..." I suppressed a smirk, squared my shoulders, and stared into his eyes. "How do you plan on stopping me?" I lifted my other hand. "I have two hands."

Mitchell gripped my other hand with his, lifted it, and grabbed hold of both my hands in one of his. Amusement flashed in his eyes. "So do I."

Tension thickly grew between us but not the bad kind. My heart picked up pace and butterflies set flight in my stomach. I gulped and my gaze lowered to his very inviting lips. It felt like eons since we kissed and at that moment, I wanted nothing more. 

Don't let him have the upper hand. 

I ignored my true desire and wriggled my wrists to try and get out of his hold but Mitchell was a lot stronger than me. Mitchell pushed me against the cabinet, pinned my hands above my head, and caged me in with his broad chest. 

My lips parted and lust triumphed logic. I wanted him and if he wasn't going to make the first move, I would. 

I clicked my tongue in feigned pity. "You've lost your touch. All you've done so far is stare at me. Are you going to do anything or just gape like an idiot?"

"Fuck it." Mitchell fervently captured my lips with his. 

If I thought I had butterflies earlier, it was nothing compared to how my stomach felt the minute he kissed me. He controlled every movement and the second I tried to take charge, he bit my lip and forced me to submit to him. 

Mitchell let go of my hands, grabbed my butt, and lifted me to sit on the counter. My legs automatically wrapped around his waist and I pulled him closer. I ran my hands up and down his taut back muscles and over his shoulders. Mitchell ran one of his hands up and down my bare thigh while the other made its way to my breast. 

Mitchell squeezed my breast over the dress and pressed his fingertips against the hot flesh on my thigh. I moaned in delight and enjoyed every little sensation that ran through my nerves from his touch and kisses. 

My mind went blank, I forgot where I was or what I was even doing there. All I could see, feel and hear was Mitchell. I tried to get rid of his jacket and Mitchell assisted halfway until he suddenly stopped and pulled back. 

With the jacket hung off one shoulder, Mitchell grimaced, shut his eyes, and ran both his hands through his hair. 

"What?" I breathed. "Why'd you stop?"

Mitchell fixed his jacket and gulped. "Because we can't get carried away."

I pulled him closer by his jacket. Mitchell easily stepped forward and his breathing was as uneven as mine as I drew patterns over his chest. "I want this." I undid a button from his shirt. "I want you."

Mitchell softly groaned under his breath and held my hand to stop me. "Mila."

I held onto his hand and placed it on my exposed thigh. I parted my legs a little to expose almost my entire leg and gradually guided Mitchell's hand over my skin. 

Mitchell licked his lips as his pupils dilated. "Mila."

I slid his hand under my dress to my inner thigh and asserted a little pressure. "You've been telling me to be calm all night." I guided his fingers to lightly graze over the lace of my panties. "Now I'm telling you to help me...unwind."

Mitchell's breathing increased and he stared at me with darkened eyes. "You had a little too much to drink."

"I'm yours." I pushed his hand against my panties. 

Mitchell stilled and curled his hand into a fist before he pulled it away. I felt a little dejected, hurt, and embarrassed by his reaction. 

"Sorry, I overstepped." I adjusted my dress and was about to hop off the counter but Mitchell cupped my cheeks and stopped me. 

"No, you didn't." He stared lovingly into my wide gaze. "I want you just as bad, if not more. But not like this, not when you're upset, drunk, and not thinking clearly."

He brushed his lips over mine. "When we're back home and talked things out, I plan on fucking you until you can't walk straight."

I gasped at his words and he chuckled. "Are you seriously shocked by my words after seducing me seconds ago?"

My cheeks warmed in embarrassment. Mitchell's dimples were fully on display as he smiled and kissed my temple. "I love you, Baby."

How could I have ever doubted him and how much I mean to him?

"I love you too."

"Let's go before everyone assumes we're up to no good in here."

I wiped off the little lipstick that managed to get on his lips. "We were getting up to no good."

***

The little talk I had with Mitchell and his indifference towards Liza changed my mood drastically. I was able to enjoy the rest of the night and even had fun. I laid off alcohol and allowed myself to have a good time with my friends whom I missed dearly. 

Wang won the ski trip and was over the moon. Liza left early and once she was gone, I felt a whole lot better. I even had a dance with Dad to assure him that I was grateful for the progress we'd made in our relationship and that I held no grudges. 

The night might've started rocky but ended well. Mitchell drove me home and as a horny teenager, I couldn't keep my hands off him throughout the ride back. Mitchell had to scold and reprimand me when I got a little too touchy which left me in a fit of giggles. 

Once we were in the underground parking lot of my apartment building, Mitchell turned off the ignition and removed his seatbelt. He slapped his hand over my thigh and glared at me. "You're going to pay for disturbing me while driving."

I removed my seatbelt, lifted myself off the seat slightly, and remained eye contact with him as I removed my panties and slid them down my legs. Mitchell's eyes widened and his lips parted a fraction while he watched my every move. 

I leaned over, pressed my lips over his, pulled back, and allowed my lips to hover over his while I stared into his eyes. I slipped the panties into his pocket. "There's your first due, the ball is now in your court."

I gripped his bottom lip with my teeth and slowly pulled back. "Speechless, Baby?"

Mitchell unlocked the car. "That's it, no more playing nice. Let's go so I can cash in my dues."

I laughed and got out of the car with him. Mitchell made sure my dress covered everything that needed to be covered before he wrapped a hand around my waist and we made our way to the elevator. 

While we waited for the elevator, I teased Mitchell some more by pressing feathery kisses over his neck and lightly nibbling on his earlobe. 

"Mila, behave."

"Don't pretend you're not enjoying this."

"Not in pub-" Mitchell abruptly stopped when the elevator door opened. "What the fuck?"

I averted my attention to the elevator and my body went cold as I stared at a familiar pair of eyes that I hadn't seen in what felt like forever. 

"Leo?" I breathed. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Mitchell's anger radiated off him. "With him?"

My eyes slowly moved next to the pretty, brunette girl who stood next to Leo, and to say I was utterly gobsmacked would've been an understatement. "Katie?"

A/N This was a bit of a rollercoaster. I hope you guys can understand Mila's feelings. While she was a bit harsh with Mitch, her feelings weren't completely invalid after seeing Liza.

And can't they ever catch a break? Did any of you ever expect to see Leo with Mitchell's little sister?

Let me know your thoughts,
Till then,
Tina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 1.2K 64
We were together. I forgot the rest. A car accident got me to suffer from amnesia, leading me to cross the paths of a rockstar. I assume I had never...
165 48 34
(under editing, interested ones may reach out to me) In the symphony of love, their melodies intertwined, yet fate's chorus whispered no promise of f...
9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...