The Karate Kid | Daniel LaRus...

By gxldelvis

🥋⇒ Book 1/3 of The Karate Kid Series [IN PROGRESS] In September of 1984, Daniel LaRusso isn't too enthusiast... More

Cast
Chapter One - South Seas
Chapter Two - Adios Summer
Chapter Three - Baby Browns
Chapter Four - A Done Deal
Chapter Five - She Buries Judy
Chapter Six - The Bike 'Accident'
Chapter Seven - Bonsai Tree
Chapter Eight - The Halloween Dance [Pt. 1]
Chapter Nine - The Halloween Dance [Pt. 2]
Chapter Ten - Dojo Decision
Chapter Eleven - Wax On, Wax Off
Chapter Twelve - Repercussions
Chapter Thirteen - The First Date
Chapter Fourteen - Sand The Floor
Chapter Fifteen - Beginner's Luck
Chapter Sixteen - The Final Lesson
Chapter Seventeen - Beach Training
Chapter Eighteen - The Invite
Chapter Nineteen - Lake Training
Chapter Twenty-One - Banzai
Chapter Twenty-Two - Training

Chapter Twenty - The Country Club

554 20 8
By gxldelvis

A/N:
(Key)

D/C - [dress color]
D/S - [dress style: whatever type of '80s dress you want to wear!]
H/T - [your hair type: wavy, curly, straight, etc.]
H/L - [your hair length]
H/C - [your hair color]
E/C - [your eye color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

"Oh, I just can't wait to go to that dinner tonight!" Aunt Kim exclaimed excitedly as the two of us were getting ready side-by-side in the bathroom. "Y'know, I've never been to a fancy country club before, Y/N. So, this'll be quite the experience, that's for sure!"

"Mmhm," I hummed in reply, not really in the mood to chatter like my aunt was. I understood why she was so excited, though; she had never been to a fancy event like this before. And she had also grown up not having a lot of money. Whereas I, on the other hand, had grown up the complete opposite. I had been to fancy events like this before. And I had been raised in Encino Hills — being privileged with having lots of money. So, I was happy that Aunt Kim would finally get to experience what it was like to be around rich folks. But I still wasn't too thrilled about what the night was going to hold.

A knock at our apartment door interrupted the brief silence between my aunt and I. We both turned our heads toward the door at the front of our apartment, as if wondering who would be the one to answer it.

"I'll get it, Aunt Kim," I assured her, stepping out of the bathroom and fastening an earring on my ear as I approached the front door. And when I opened it there, standing before me, was none other than Daniel LaRusso. His attractive appearance in that very moment made my heart flutter and my cheeks flush; he was wearing a white shirt over white pants, with a red jacket overtop. He was definitely a sight for sore eyes, and I was glad that he was my boyfriend and nobody else's.

We were both taking in each other's appearances as our widened eyes looked at each other up and down. The [d/c], [d/s] dress I was wearing complimented my body very well, and I had styled my [h/t], [h/l], [h/c] hair to the best of my ability. I had just finished perfecting my makeup and I had already put on all of my jewelry—my earrings being the final touch. I felt a sense of confidence in my overall appearance.

Eventually, I realized that neither of us had said a word yet, and it prompted me to say something.

"Hi, Daniel," I greeted him softly with a grin.

Daniel brought his eyes back up to mine. "Hi. Whoa," he breathed out, still taking in my appearance, and said, "You look. . .really beautiful."

My eyes dropped shyly to the ground as a small smile formed across my lips. "Thank you," I said, looking up once again at him.

"I-uh. . .I was actually wondering. . ." Daniel stuttered, unable to get his words out. He seemed to be taken aback.

"Yes?" I asked him teasingly, raising an eyebrow and grinning.

"Uh. . ." Daniel blushed and grinned bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you would wanna try that big slide tonight at Golf 'N Stuff. But since you're all dressed up, it looks like you have somewhere else to be." Daniel chuckled.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact I do." I rolled my eyes at my next statement, "Ali invited me to her country club tonight at seven. It was her parents' idea, so I couldn't turn it down. But. . .I should be done by nine thirty."

"Nine thirty?" Daniel repeated. I nodded.

"You could meet me out front," I suggested.

"Is that cool?" he asked. Again, I nodded, but I could tell by the look on Daniel's face that he was dejected.

"What's the matter?" I asked him.

"Oh, I'm just hearing that little voice again."

"Pretend you're deaf," I advised him, trying to cheer him up. Daniel looked up from the ground and made eye contact with me again, a smile appearing on his face. "Encino Oaks Country Club, nine thirty. Don't forget."

"Alright, I won't," Daniel said with a grin.

Smiling, I wrapped my arms around his neck, which encouraged Daniel to wrap his arms around my waist. I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss, then, after releasing from our kiss, I leaned back and ruffled his dark brown hair with my hand, then brought my hand down and patted his flushed cheek.

"I'll see you soon. I hope you have a good time," said Daniel, leaning back from our hug and looking me over one last time as he leaned into the palm of my hand, looking me over once more.

"Thanks. See you later," I said, keeping my eyes locked on him as he stepped away and departed from me to go to his apartment next door.

Feeling somewhat dejected myself, I stepped back into my apartment and closed the door behind me, running my hand down my face. Now, I was beginning to regret my decision.

"Who was that?" my aunt asked, stepping out of the bathroom and leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed.

"Daniel."

"Oh, that's what I figured," Aunt Kim said, nodding her head. "What did he want?"

"Well, he wanted to take me to Golf 'N Stuff tonight, but he didn't know I would be at the Country Club." I, then, shrugged my shoulders. "So, I told him to pick me up there at nine."

"Are you sure that would be the best idea, Y/N? I mean, you don't want to be rude and leave early," my aunt said, reasonably.

"If I'm being honest, Aunt Kim, I don't care if all of those people see me leave early. Maybe they'll get the hint that I didn't want to be there in the first place."

A rush of frustration hit me at that very moment. I turned and walked right past my aunt, who appeared shocked at what I had just said, and turned to go into my bedroom. I closed the door behind me, leaning my back against it as I let out a sigh.

Then, I went over to my bed. Sitting down on the edge of it, I glanced over at my nightstand, where a strip of photos caught my eye. Picking them up, I admired the photos in my hand. They were the photos Daniel and I had taken at Golf 'N Stuff on our first date. I found the one where Daniel was sticking out his tongue to be the most amusing. But the one where Daniel and I were kissing was my personal favorite. With a smile, I rubbed my thumb over the thin strip of film, thinking back to that fun night.

Then, it hit me, that this is what Daniel had wanted to do with me tonight. He had wanted to take me back to Golf 'N Stuff to ride on the water slide. But I had let him down. And I had chosen a country club event over him.

Letting out an aggravated groan, I set the strip of pictures to the side and hid my face in my hands. And I kept on asking myself:

Why did I choose Ali and the country club over Daniel?

+ + +
3rd Person POV

Daniel couldn't believe what Y/N had told him once he returned to his apartment after having spoken with her.

Why did she choose Ali over me?

That was all he kept asking himself as he paced around his apartment, anxiously.

In a way, he was mad at her. After everything he had gone through to make sure that Ali would be out of their lives, Y/N had to go and attend some ridiculous country club party that Ali had invited her to. How did that even make sense? Daniel, for sure, couldn't make sense of it.

But there was nothing he could do about now, except wait until nine thirty to pick her up. At least he had that to look forward to.

So, up until nine thirty, Daniel waited and waited. He constantly checked himself over in the bathroom mirror, fixing his hair, adding cologne, and making sure that his outfit was on point.

Because he was determined to make such an impression on Y/N that she would never choose a country club over him again.

+ + +
Your POV

At exactly seven o'clock, my aunt and I walked through the entrance of the Encino Oaks Country Club. It felt odd to be here again, and a part of me felt out of place considering I wasn't a wealthy member anymore.

We were surrounded by candlelit tables that were all around the room, with seats that were filled with elaborately dressed members of the country club. A small dance floor was towards the back of the room with a crowd of couples dancing to a tune that the orchestra was playing. Seeing all of this and being surrounded by it made me reminisce what it used to be like to come to events like these with my parents. It used to be so much fun. Now, it just wasn't the same anymore.

My aunt eventually spotted a vacant table for us to sit at and pointed to it. She led the way while I followed behind her. Right as we were about to sit down in our seats, a man and a woman started to make their way over to us, arm-in-arm. It was Ali's parents.

"Well, if it isn't Y/N," the man, Mr. Mills, said with a grin once he and his wife approached us.

"We're so glad you could come tonight," the woman, Mrs. Mills, spoke politely. "We were disappointed that you couldn't make it last year. It's such a tragedy with what happened. We are so sorry for your loss."

"Thank you. And thanks for inviting me this year. I really appreciate it." I tried my best to sound polite, but I knew I was lying through my teeth.

"It's our pleasure," said Mr. Mills with a nod of his head.

Mrs. Mills then shifted her attention to Aunt Kim, who was standing slightly behind me. "I don't believe we've met before. What's your name?"

"Kimberly L/N. Kim, for short," Aunt Kim said, extending her hand out for Mr. and Mrs. Mills to shake. "I'm Y/N's aunt."

"It's very nice to meet you, Kim," said Mr. Mills, shaking my aunt's hand.

"It is indeed," Mrs. Mills said, shaking my aunt's hand next. "Well, we hope you both enjoy yourselves tonight."

And with that, Mr. and Mrs. Mills smiled and walked away to greet other guests, leaving my aunt and I at our table, not knowing what to do next.

+ + +
3rd Person POV

Johnny saw her. Sitting there by herself, dressed in a way that flaunted all of her attractive features, with no one to talk to.

It reminded him much of the Halloween dance, where she had been in the same situation, sitting off by herself with Danny boy nowhere in sight. Oh right, Johnny had laughed to himself, he was off sucking face with some other girl. Who knows, he's probably doing the same thing tonight.

Y/N doesn't deserve Daniel. She deserves him. Sure, Johnny knew that Y/N didn't necessarily like him at the moment, but he could change her mind. After all, he had changed her mind when she first met him back in the summer of 1982. She had hated him, but then she fell for him. . .hard. They were in love. And now, Johnny was determined to win her love back. . .once and for all.

He made his way over to her table with his perfect plan in mind. And when he stopped and stood in front of where she sat, with her fist on her cheek, she glanced up at him.

And when her [e/c] eyes glanced up and made contact with his, he smiled.

Because he knew he could make this work.

+    +    +

"Not bad," said Lucille LaRusso as she looked admiringly at her son. "Y/N has quite a good-looking man, am I right?"

"Ma, stop it," Daniel said, his face growing red. But deep down, he had to agree with his mother's statement. Y/N did have a good-looking boyfriend. Definitely.

"Daniel, why don't you take the car tonight? Here are the keys."

Lucille handed over the set of car keys and Daniel, who was overjoyed, graciously took them from her hands.

"Thanks, Ma." He kissed her cheek and off he went.

He left the apartment complex around nine o'clock, leaving himself plenty of time to get to the country club. As he drove through the streets of Reseda, he had the windows rolled down and was blaring "Take It On The Run" by REO Speedwagon, occasionally bobbing his head and singing along to it.

By nine fifteen, he had arrived at the Encino Oaks Country Club and was waiting in the parking lot. And he kept on waiting until nine thirty he decided to get out of the car and wait by the entrance, where Y/N had told him to.

But then it was nine forty-five, and he was growing anxious. Y/N was nowhere to be seen.

With his hand on his hip, he made the executive decision to walk to the rear of the club and right through the open kitchen door. Because his white-on-white look was identical to the kitchen workers, no one questioned his presence. Dodging and ducking around chefs and waiters carrying trays, he somehow managed to find the door to the dining room and looked through the window of it.

There was a wide circle of candlelit tables and in the back, there was a small dance floor with an orchestra behind it, playing the song, "Fascination." The dance floor was crowded with couples. Daniel tried to spot Y/N in the dim lighting of the room. Too soon, he succeeded. For there she was on the dance floor — dancing with Johnny.

Johnny's eyes met Daniel's, but Y/N's back was to the kitchen. Tenderly, Johnny placed his hands around her and in her [h/c] hair, tilting her face towards his. And then, as Daniel watched in horror, Johnny smirked, leaned down, and kissed her.

Without thinking, Daniel spun around. He had to get out of there at any cost. As he turned, however, he rammed into a waiter, and both of them landed sprawled on the floor, while dishes with spaghetti clattered and clashed around them.

Humiliated and embarrassed out of his mind, Daniel scrambled to his feet, aware that all eyes in the dining room were on him. There was only one pair he cared about, though, and he happened to lock eyes with Y/N just before he ran out of the building.

+    +    +
Your POV

[ Quick A/N: What you are about to read is what happened between you and Johnny before the incident, told from your perspective. ]

"Hi, Y/N."

I was leaning my face against my fist, bored out of my mind, when I heard that voice say my name. Looking up, my eyes met his. He was smiling down at me, beaming from ear to ear. He sure did look happy to see me, but I was not happy to see him.

"Hi," I muttered, slightly glaring at him. "I'm surprised you have the audacity to talk to me after what happened at the Halloween dance."

"The Halloween dance is over and done with," Johnny spoke.

"Yeah, and so are we. We are over and done with, Johnny. So, I don't know why you're over here trying to talk to me."

"No, we're not, Y/N. I mean, listen, maybe we can call a truce," he tried to reason.

Immediately, I shot up from my seat, getting into his face.

"Yeah, I'm not at war," I retorted, and then tried to push past him. "Excuse me."

But he instantly grabbed ahold of my arm, refusing to let me leave.

"Can we at least have a dance together?" Johnny asked, tilting his head towards the dance floor.

I frowned at him. "No. Now let me go."

"C'mon. Please."

Before I could even get a word out of my mouth, Johnny was dragging me by the arm to the dance floor.

"Johnny, I said no," I told him, my voice increasing in volume while trying to free my arm from his grasp.

"Y/N, don't cause a commotion," he warned me as he stepped onto the dance floor, surrounding ourselves with other dancing couples.

His arm wrapped around me and his hand interlocked with mine. All this time I was squirming and trying to release myself from his grip on me. I hesitantly started to sway along with him. I could tell he was looking me up and down, taking in my appearance. I was uncomfortable and desperately wanting to leave. But I was trapped in his embrace.

He started to run his fingers through my hair, and run his hands down my back as he brought me in closer to him.

"What are you—"

Yet before I could say anything else, his lips connected with mine. I immediately starting fighting back as he deepened the kiss even more. It took me several tries before I finally shoved him off of me and hit him in the chest.

"Don't you ever do that to me again!" I yelled at him, loud enough for everyone to hear.

Then there was a crash, that sounded like a bunch of glass plates had been broken. The entire room erupted in laughter. I snapped my head over in that direction and was horrified when I saw that it was Daniel. He was sprawled out on the floor, covered in red sauce, and looking as embarrassed as ever. Our eyes locked, and then he scrambled to his feet and ran away.

Infuriated, I turned back to Johnny, who was in a fit of laughter. Without holding back, I punched him square in the jaw, which made a loud 'pop' noise. His mouth dropped and his hand shot up to his jaw, but nonetheless, he continued to laugh anyway.

I hit him on the arm one last time before storming off. Everyone around appeared astounded at the scene I had just caused, but I didn't care. I would never see these people again nor would I ever step foot into this building ever again.

Right before I left the room, I spotted Ali; she was off to the side, also appearing to be shocked.

"Thanks for inviting me," I told her flippantly, not in any way glad that she had invited me.

She glared at me and through gritted teeth said, "No problem."

I ran outside, trying to catch Daniel before he left. I also wanted to try and explain what had actually happened tonight. Luckily, I caught him just as he was getting into his car.

"Daniel!" I called out, chasing after him. He stopped getting into the car when he saw me. I finally approached him, slightly out of breath from running. "Daniel, please listen to me."

"What is there to listen to? I saw what I saw," he snapped at me, the hurt and anger evident by the look on his face.

"Just please let me explain."

"There's no need to explain. I know damn well what happened!" His refusal to listen to me broke my heart as well as made me a bit angry as well. Without saying anything else, Daniel got into his car, slammed the door, and drove off, leaving me standing there alone, confused, angry, and broken.

"Y/N?" Another voice called out to me.

When I looked around, I noticed my aunt Kim, rushing towards me, with worry etched all over her face.

"Oh my goodness, sweetheart, are you all right?" she asked, pressing her hands on each side of my face. Trying not to let the tears fall from my eyes, I barely nodded my head. Aunt Kim, understanding how I felt, wrapped her arm around me. "Come on, let's go home."

And after the eventful night I had had, I couldn't wait to go home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 261 29
Just when everyone expected the rivalry to end, it got worse. Now a new Sensei is stepping into the light and it's one that no one ever expected ...
5.6K 75 18
You and your brother Daniel Larusso moved to California from New Jersey with your mother Lucille Larusso. Is your life in California gonna get bette...
106K 2.2K 25
(1/3)🥋 Daniel LaRusso, a almost 16 year old teenager, has just moved from New Jersey to the sunshine state of California. Within the first two days...
1.8K 59 9
❝I never had the chance to tell my father goodbye before he passed away, so I guess that's why I was sent here... to tell him goodbye.❞ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜...