To Capture a Heart • Chase Da...

By _BlackWolf02_

Harper Wilson, 15-year-old, having discovered her best friend, Leo Dooley's inventor stepdad has three bionic... More

- introduction
- graphic gallery
act one
1| CRUSH, CHOP, AND BURN: PART ONE
2| CRUSH, CHOP, AND BURN: PART TWO
3| COMMANDO APP
4| LEO'S JAM
5| RATS ON A TRAIN
6| SMART AND SMARTER
7| EXOSKELETON VS. GRANDMA
8| BIONIC BIRTHDAY FAIL
9| DEATH SPIRAL SMACKDOWN
10| CAN I BORROW THE HELICOPTER?
11| BACK FROM THE FUTURE
12| CHIP SWITCH
13| DRONE ALONE
14| CHORES WARS
15| DUDE, WHERE'S MY LAB?
16| AIR LEO
17| NIGHT OF THE LIVING VIRUS
18| MISSION INVISIBLE
20| MISSION: SPACE
act two
21| SPEED TRAPPED
22| SPY FLY
23| MISSIN' THE MISSION
24| QUARANTINED
25| ROBOT FIGHT CLUB
26| BRO DOWN
27| THE RATS STRIKE BACK
28| PARALLEL UNIVERSE
29| SPIKE'S GOT TALENT
30| LEO VS EVIL
31| HOLE IN ONE
32| TRUCKED OUT
33| THE BIONIC 500
34| BIONIC SHOWDOWN: PART 1
35| BIONIC SHOWDOWN: PART 2
36| MEMORY WIPE
37| AVALANCHE
38| ADAM UP
39| LLAMA DRAMA
40| THE HAUNTING OF MISSION CREEK HIGH
41| PERRY 2.0
42| MY LITTLE BROTHER
43| PRANK YOU VERY MUCH
44| TWAS THE MISSION BEFORE CHRISTMAS

19| CONCERT IN A CAN

1.4K 48 3
By _BlackWolf02_

At school, Harper and Leo were walking through the school hallway.

Harper was wearing a white blouse over a pair of ripped jeans and added brown lace-up boots.

As they walked through the hallway, they heard a loud guitar playing in the middle. Harper noticed that Adam and Chase were standing next to the new kid, who was playing the guitar and sounded really good.

"Hey, peeps. What's the deal-io?" Leo asked as he and Harper strolled to the group.

"Hi, I'm Marcus." The new kid introduced himself.

"I know." Leo responded, fist-bumping Marcus. "We have gym together. And study hall. And also chemistry." Marcus tilted his head, unable to recognize him. "We're lab partners."

Marcus pursed his lips. "Oh. I did not know that." He turned to Harper. "What's your name?"

"Harper." She introduced with a small smile.

"I'm Marcus." He greeted. He chuckled nervously when he realized. "Even though I just told you that."

Harper chuckled lightly. "It's fine. Really. It's nice to meet you."

"Oh boy." Leo muttered under his breath.

Marcus gave him a confused glare before turning to Chase. "Chase, you ever play guitar?"

"No, but I've always wanted to." Chase replied.

"Well, I'm a jammer as well." Leo spoke, gaining everyone's attention. "My rocking is only eclipsed by my rolling."

"Leo, your mum said you played the clarinet for three weeks until you swallowed the reed." Chase reminded.

"I passed it." Leo defended himself.

"Here, Chase. You want to give it a go?" Marcus offered.

"Yeah- Yeah. Sure, why not?" Chase replied as Marcus handed him the guitar.

Chase placed the guitar strap over his shoulder, took the pick from Marcus and began to play.

Harper's eyes widened as Chase played the guitar incredibly. He slid across the ground and stopped playing when he realized he got carried away. He rose from the ground and sheepishly smiled.

"Uh... well. What do you know? Beginner's luck." He explained hesitantly and handed Marcus his guitar back.

Harper knew without a doubt that Chase had used his bionics to scan the guitar. She awkwardly chuckled.

"Okay, how about some lunch?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay."

"Sounds good to me."

"Come on, Marcus. Let us join you for your first-day school lunch." Harper insisted as she hooked her arm with Marcus'. He glanced down at her, quirking an eyebrow at her sudden touch. She hauled him to the cafeteria which was packed with students. "I should warn you, don't expect a five-star meal."

"What do you recommend?" Marcus wondered.

"Uh, you might be on your own on that one. It really depends on what you eat." She replied, unhooking their arms and went to get her lunch.

Harper was the first to sit down at a table after waiting in the lunch line. She ate in peace as she waited for her friends to sit next to her, the lunch line was packed with students just leaving class.

Marcus was in line chatting with Adam and Chase as Leo was pushed to the back of the line from the herd of students.

Adam, Chase and Marcus set their trays on the table and took their seats.

"So, me and my dad moved around a lot. I was home-schooled for most of my life." Marcus explained.

Adam smiled widely. "No way. So were we. We are so similar! Do you have a third nipple too?"

Harper stopped chewing on her chips, glanced at Chase across from her and they pursed their lips.

"Anyway...." Chase trailed off. "That's a pretty sweet guitar Marcus."

"Yeah, and you're a natural bro." Marcus complimented. "Guys, we should start a band!"

"Oh, that's a great idea!" Adam exclaimed excitedly as he tapped his chopsticks on the table to a rhythm. "But what would I play? Oh! I got it." He paused and scratched his head with the chopsticks. "No, I don't got it."

Marcus furrowed his eyebrows. "I think you're gonna be our drummer, Adam."

"Mm, interesting choice. I've been pondering the French horn." He said.

"What about you, Harper? You in?" Marcus asked.

Harper smiled softly. "Oh, no thanks. I don't really play any instruments."

Leo strolled to the table and took a seat next to Harper.

"Hey, Leo. Guess what? Marcus and Adam and I are forming a band." Chase informed him excitedly.

"Well, you guys just met. Don't you think it's a little soon?" Leo questioned.

Chase scoffed. "A little soon for what? Taking the deeply committed step of jamming together?"

Harper continued to eat her lunch and reached out to grab the can of soda to drink.

"Now if we could just find someplace to practice." Marcus told them. "I live in a pretty small place, so-"

"I know a place. The Lab." Adam announced, shooting up from his seat. Chase smacked the table, choking on his drink. Leo's eyes widened and coughed. Harper nearly choked on her drink and almost spat it out. "Oh, l-Labrador retriever park. Yeah, the dog park. Nice acoustics. Plus, they have dogs." He then leaned towards Chase. "Saved it."

"Well, you four have fun. I'm gonna head to my next class." Harper said. She stood up, grabbed her schoolbag off the ground and slung it over her shoulder.

As she walked out of the cafeteria, Marcus couldn't help but let his eyes follow her figure. He liked that she was an independent woman who can tackle any situation in her life. He liked the way she talked, smiled and helped people when they needed it.

Everyone has a crush; it's normal to have feelings towards the opposite gender.

••••

After school, Harper walked over to the Davenport mansion to retrieve her forgotten notebook. As she approached the front door, she heard the sound of guitars and drums coming from inside.

Opening the door, she saw Marcus and Chase playing guitars with Adam on the drums in the living room. Marcus smiled at her as he continued to play.

She noticed Leo sneaking through the living room, peeking through a set of plants. The boys finished playing and exchanged smiles.

"Well, it's only our first day, but you guys sound great! I think you both have real raw talent." Marcus beamed.

"Well, if our talent is raw, then we better get cooking!" Adam joked, playing a rim shot on the drums.

"You guys sounded great." Harper spoke, gaining everyone's attention.

Chase narrowed his eyes. "Harper? What are you doing here?"

"I forgot one of my notebooks." Harper explained. She pursed her lips and gave a pointed glare at the bionic brothers. "Can I talk to both of you? Like right now?" Before they could say anything, she pulled Chase and Adam away from the instruments and dragged them towards the kitchen. "Why is Marcus here?"

"Duh. He's here for band practice." Adam simply replied.

"Why are you asking?" Chase wondered.

"I'm just worried for you guys." Harper explained with a tight smile. "I mean, you've only been in the real world for a little while. There's still a lot of stuff you don't know. It only takes one person to find out what's really going on here to have you all locked up. I don't want that to happen. You guys are the best things that have happened to me."

"We'll be cautious, don't worry, Harper." Chase assured.

"You better be. I can't afford bail." Harper responded. She then saw her notebook on the dining table. She walked over and grabbed it. "Now, I'm going to head back home and catch up on some work."

Harper made her way towards the front door.

"Hey, Harper." Marcus called out nervously. "Maybe after, did you wanna hang out? Catch a movie?"

"Sure." Harper replied, smiling warmly.

She felt a sudden rush of heat to her cheeks. It was like someone had turned up the dial on her internal thermostat to maximum, and now her face was turning a shade of red that would make a tomato jealous. She was sure that she looked like some sort of overripe fruit, ready to burst at any moment.

With that, she turned around and walked out of the Davenport mansion. She was sure that she looked like some sort of overripe fruit, ready to burst at any moment.

••••

Later in the day, Harper had just arrived at the school gym after Career Day was over. She planned to go over to the Davenport's house for dinner, because you know- free food.

She walked into the gym to see Adam, Chase and Marcus standing near the doors with their instruments packed away.

"Hey, guys!" Harper greeted with a wide smile. "How was the concert?"

"It was amazing!" Marcus beamed.

Chase nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it was pretty crazy."

Leo paced into the gym. "Well, well, well. If it isn't my old friend Marcus."

"Sorry, Leo, you're too late. We've safely packed away all the guitars. Maybe now you can find something else to break. 'Cause you broke the guitar." Marcus deadpanned.

Leo then held out a tablet. "Excuse me, I would like everyone's attention right here. I have proof from our home security system."

Marcus nervously glanced around.

"Hi!" Eddy greeted as he appeared on the screen.

Leo smirked. "Now watch, as I-"

"I got a confession to make." Marcus quickly said, interrupting Leo.

"Oh, no, you don't."

"I did it. I broke the guitar."

"That's not fair!" Leo exclaimed. "I was gonna crack this case wide open!"

Harper furrowed her eyebrows. "Guitar? What guitar?"

"Ha! He got you again!" Eddy laughed.

"What's going on here?" Mr. Davenport asked as he strolled over with Bree.

Marcus sighed. "I broke my guitar and blamed it on Leo. I owe everyone an apology."

"You broke the guitar? Why didn't you just say so?" Chase wondered.

"Yeah, why didn't you just say so?" Leo questioned, crossing his arms.

"Because I had already cracked the guitar, but if my dad knew that I broke it I'd be in so much trouble because my family is so poor and I just want everyone to like me because I'm always the new kid, so I made everyone think that Leo did it because I'm so scared and it's so hard to make friends and I'm just a dumb kid compared to all of you and my grandma just died!" Marcus cried.

Mr. Davenport's eyebrows pinched together. "Are you crying? Is he crying?"

Bree smiled. "It's okay, Marcus."

"Yeah, it's no big deal." Mr. Davenport added.

"We don't think you're dumb." Chase reassured.

"Yeah, and your grandma didn't really die." Adam said. The group's eyes widened at his words. Adam then mouthed. "I don't know."

Mr. Davenport placed a hand on Marcus' shoulder. "Marcus, why don't you come out and have dinner with us?"

Marcus nodded. "Mm-kay. You guys go ahead. I want to apologize to Leo."

With that everyone walked out of the gym, leaving Marcus and Harper alone.

"Still want to catch up, Marcus?" Harper wondered with a shy smile. "Maybe go to a movie?"

"Absolutely." He replied.

She gave him a small smile before the two of them left the gym. Her stomach flipped excitedly like it does on a rollercoaster when it suddenly takes a dip.

______________
PUBLISHED: 21.06.22
DEDICATIONS: Peters_suit_lady omgthatssocrazy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 221 28
A lot has happened to Cassie and her siblings since season one. With the defeat of Krane, Mr. Davenport creates the world's first Bionic Academy. Ada...
17.6K 218 14
When Leo's bestfriend 'Isabella' meets Adam, Bree, and Chase- what happens when a certain tall bionic human catches her attention.
286K 3.3K 13
❝𝐵𝐸𝑆𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺𝑆 𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑃𝐸𝑁 𝑈𝑁𝐸𝑋𝑃𝐸𝐶𝑇𝐸𝐷.❞ 𝑨 𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄 𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈�...
659K 9.7K 133
Luna Walker was left at the doorstep of Donald Davenport. He adopted her and has loved her and treated her like she was his own. When Donald marries...