33| THE BIONIC 500

When Harper was dropped off at school by her sister, she caught up with Adam, Bree and Chase

When Harper was dropped off at school by her sister, she caught up with Adam, Bree and Chase. The bionic siblings walked to school, slightly slouching and barely picking up their feet.

Harper furrowed her eyebrows at their sleepy appearance. "Are you guys, okay?"

Bree sighed. "No. Our new neighbour kept us up last night running by his car through our front lawn."

"Have you tried telling him to stay off your property?" Harper suggested.

"Yeah, but that doesn't stop him from racing up and down our street." Chase answered.

"And not to mention, we woke up to see Mr. Davenport in his cheetah pyjamas." Adam said.

"Cheetah pyjamas?" Harper questioned. He nodded and was about to answer, but she cut him off. "Never mind. I don't want to put that image in my head."

The four teenagers walked past the line of students waiting to get their new lockers assigned. Chase then located Leo at the front of the line.

"Leo, how'd you get to be first in line for locker reassignments?" He questioned.

"Oh. Since I couldn't get any sleep, I've been here since dawn." Leo explained.

Harper pursed her lips. "You didn't get your eight hours of beauty sleep?"

Leo had discovered in freshman year that he needed at least eight hours of 'beauty sleep' and ten hours if he wanted the 'Leo Glow'.

"Try three. FYI, you do not want to see the lunch ladies without makeup." Leo said.

"Wait. They wear makeup?" Bree questioned in shock.

"But since I'm first in line, I'll finally get the corner locker." He continued.

"Wait a second. I thought this was the line for lice check." Adam said before he clicked his tongue in disappointment and stalked off.

Leo looked at the locker right by Perry's office. "There she is: Locker 106. Away from the traffic, near the cheerleaders, and I can see Principal Perry before anyone else - and a two second head start can save a life."

"Mhmm." Bree and Chase said, simultaneously.

The two of them took off to the cafeteria for breakfast while Harper stayed behind with Leo.

"Listen up, weasels!" Perry shouted when she exited her office. "It's locker reassignment day. Why, you ask? A little trick I learned from my days as a prison guard." She then hit the sign-up table with every word. "Never let the perps get comfy!!! Also, drag your hands through potatoes to check for weapons. Enjoy your lunch." She licked her fingers. "All right, Dooley, what locker do you want?"

"The corner one." Leo replied.

"Already taken!" She exclaimed.

Leo's eyes widen. "What? By who?"