18| MISSION INVISIBLE

At school, Harper stood with Adam and Chase by the lockers, patiently waiting for Leo and Bree to finish their bag check

At school, Harper stood with Adam and Chase by the lockers, patiently waiting for Leo and Bree to finish their bag check. She couldn't believe Principal Perry decided to do a bag check for the entire school.

She wore a blue blouse, ripped shorts, a black jacket blazer and brown ankle boots.

Harper let out a soft sigh and turned to face Chase, who was already gazing at her in admiration.

"What is it?" She wondered.

Before Chase could say anything, Leo strolled over to the three of them, obviously not happy about Principal Perry's new system either.

"I've got a question for you, Harper." Chase told her, hesitantly.

Harper smiled warmly. "Yeah?"

Chase glanced back and forth at Adam and Leo, then back at Harper. "Uh, do you want-"

Then all of a sudden, Bree used her super speed to drop right in front of them, interrupting Chase. Leo let out a scream while Harper jumped in shock.

"Morning, boys and bestie." Bree greeted with a wide smile.

"Seriously, can we put a bell on her?" Leo asked.

"Yeah, you gotta chill on the super agility. Somebody's gonna see you using your bionics." Chase told his sister.

"No one ever sees me. I mean, you didn't see me swipe your lunch money." Bree responded, holding the folded cash.

Chase quickly checked his pockets. "Oh, you're good!"

Harper chuckled softly as Chase went to take back his money, only for Bree to quickly swipe it away.

"Hey, you!" Perry called out, approaching Bree. "How'd you get past my checkpoint? I sent you to the back of the line."

"Uh.... that wasn't me." Bree explained nervously.

"Must've been somebody else." Chase added.

"Yeah, somebody who can't climb ceilings." Adam quickly said, then changed his voice to a sing-song tone. "Saved it!"

Perry stared at the bionic siblings. "You three have an answer for everything, don't you?"

"I don't like to brag, but the answer to that is yes." Chase answered, clicking his tongue.

"There's one thing I pride myself on..." Principal Perry trailed off.

"Your incredibly sturdy calves?" Bree guessed.

"No!" Principal Perry exclaimed, frustratingly. "My instincts! And my instincts tell me that you three are trouble!"

"Well, I don't like your instincts at all, and you can tell 'em I said that." Adam responded.

"Yeah, the same instincts that lead you to search through students' bags?" Harper sarcastically questioned.

"I can't put my finger on it, but ever since you arrived, strange things have been happening around here. And the only strange thing I'll tolerate is the janitor." Principal Perry said, pointing to the janitor across the hall. She cringed. "I have to, he's my cousin."