28| PARALLEL UNIVERSE

In the morning,  Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo and Harper were going to the lab to see Mr

In the morning,  Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo and Harper were going to the lab to see Mr. Davenport's new invention. 

They all entered the elevator and descended. Harper leaned against the wall as the elevator swiftly moved down and dinged to a stop.

The teenagers followed Mr. Davenport into the lab.

"Inventing the wheel? Boring. Discovering electricity? Snooze. Sliced bread? Lame." Mr. Davenport dramatically said. "But now, Davenport Industries introduces the world's first..." He pulled the sheet off to reveal his new invention. "Proton Fuser!"

Harper pursed her lips and crossed her arms over her stomach as the five teenagers just stood there without showing any excitement.

"You know, for a scientist you'd think your payoffs would be a bit more proportionate to your buildups." Leo told Mr. Davenport.

"Uh, the payoff is that it allows us to see the origins of the universe. This thing fuses subatomic particles so we can understand how planets form." Mr. Davenport explained.

"Well, we already understand how boredom forms." Bree simply said.

"Haven't you ever wondered where stuff comes from? Galaxies? Stars? Planets?" Mr. Davenport wondered.

"This stuff, no. Onion rings, yes." Adam honestly replied.

"Guys, I have always wanted to build this thing and now, it's a reality. It's an important life lesson. If you have a dream, believe in it because it can happen." Mr. Davenport encouraged.

Harper pursed her lips. "Um, Mr. Davenport, isn't it dangerous to tinker with the fabric of the universe?"

Adam laughed. "She said 'Tinker'."

"Yes, technically, it could destabilize the earth, or open up a wormhole into a parallel universe. But I made it and I want to play with it." Mr. Davenport simply explained and jogged over to his invention.

"This isn't going to end well." Harper muttered under her breath.

Mr. Davenport typed on his keyboard. Not even a few seconds later, the Proton Fuser turned on and shot out a blue light from each side. When the light met in the middle, a small ball was formed in-between the Proton Fuser.

"Prepare to be amazed!" Mr. Davenport exclaimed excitedly.

"Or gravely injured." Chase added.

Adam reached his arms out, standing in front of the group. Harper grabbed onto Chase's arm as they all watched the Proton Fuser begin to die down.

The blue ball sparked away.

"Once again, big build up, teeny time pay off." Leo said from behind Mr. Davenport.

The elevator doors opened, and Tasha walked inside with a wide smile on her face.

"Okay, the popcorn is popping and the movie is uploaded. Or downloaded. Whatever, the red thingy is blinking green. Just head upstairs, it's movie time!" Tasha announced.