19| CONCERT IN A CAN

At school, Harper and Leo were walking through the school hallway

Harper was wearing a white blouse over a pair of ripped jeans and added brown lace-up boots.

As they walked through the hallway, they heard a loud guitar playing in the middle. Harper noticed that Adam and Chase were standing next to the new kid, who was playing the guitar and sounded really good.

"Hey, peeps. What's the deal-io?" Leo asked as he and Harper strolled to the group.

"Hi, I'm Marcus." The new kid introduced himself.

"I know." Leo responded, fist-bumping Marcus. "We have gym together. And study hall. And also chemistry." Marcus tilted his head, unable to recognize him. "We're lab partners."

Marcus pursed his lips. "Oh. I did not know that." He turned to Harper. "What's your name?"

"Harper." She introduced with a small smile.

"I'm Marcus." He greeted. He chuckled nervously when he realized. "Even though I just told you that."

Harper chuckled lightly. "It's fine. Really. It's nice to meet you."

"Oh boy." Leo muttered under his breath.

Marcus gave him a confused glare before turning to Chase. "Chase, you ever play guitar?"

"No, but I've always wanted to." Chase replied.

"Well, I'm a jammer as well." Leo spoke, gaining everyone's attention. "My rocking is only eclipsed by my rolling."

"Leo, your mum said you played the clarinet for three weeks until you swallowed the reed." Chase reminded.

"I passed it." Leo defended himself.

"Here, Chase. You want to give it a go?" Marcus offered.

"Yeah- Yeah. Sure, why not?" Chase replied as Marcus handed him the guitar.

Chase placed the guitar strap over his shoulder, took the pick from Marcus and began to play.

Harper's eyes widened as Chase played the guitar incredibly. He slid across the ground and stopped playing when he realized he got carried away. He rose from the ground and sheepishly smiled.

"Uh... well. What do you know? Beginner's luck." He explained hesitantly and handed Marcus his guitar back.

Harper knew without a doubt that Chase had used his bionics to scan the guitar. She awkwardly chuckled.

"Okay, how about some lunch?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay."

"Sounds good to me."

"Come on, Marcus. Let us join you for your first-day school lunch." Harper insisted as she hooked her arm with Marcus'. He glanced down at her, quirking an eyebrow at her sudden touch. She hauled him to the cafeteria which was packed with students. "I should warn you, don't expect a five-star meal."