35| BIONIC SHOWDOWN: PART 2

Leo and Harper exchanged glances, their faces showing concern

Leo and Harper exchanged glances, their faces showing concern. They leaned back in their swivel chair to gather more information.

Adam, Bree and Chase charged at Douglas, who leaned back with an illuminating device in his hand. Suddenly, the bionic siblings disappeared.

They reappeared in a cage with Mr. Davenport and Lyla.

"You mastered short-range teleportation before I did? I've been working on that for years!" Mr. Davenport exclaimed, clenching his fist in frustration.

Douglas smiled. "I know. I'm awesome."

"You're still going down." Adam said sternly. He lunged forward but then halted. "My super strength. It's gone."

Bree stepped forward. "So is my speed."

"I've got nothing." Chase said as he touched the side of his temple.

"That's because I've designed the lasers to block the signals from your bionic chips." Douglas explained. "That's right, daddy gave you toys, but he can also take them away."

"They're trapped." Harper informed, rising from her chair. "What are we going to do?"

"Well, if I know you two, I'm sure it'll involve a sad little plan and an epic fail. Good luck." Eddy responded.

Leo began pacing around the lab. "All right, if we go to the authorities, we'll blow their bionic secret. We're just gonna gave to go there and rescue them ourselves."

"Leo, we won't stand a chance against Marcus's bionics if we go there empty handed." Harper pointed out.

"You're not going to." Eddy told them.

Leo and Harper turned back to Eddy. "What?"

"Donald told me that in a worst case scenario, someone has to push this button." Eddy informed, a red button appearing on the screen. "And you two being the only ones left is the worst case scenario."

Harper rolled her eyes and pressed the button on the screen. She and Leo turned to a hologram of Mr. Davenport in the middle of the lab. He stood in a heroic pose, smiling off into the distance.

"Whoa. It's a hologram." Leo said, staring at it.

"Adam, Bree, Chase if you're watching this, something terrible has happened." Mr. Davenport spoke. Leo passed his hand through the blue hologram figure. Curious as well, Harper copied him. Her fingers tingled as it made an odd noise. "It's time for you to become heroes you were always meant to be. And whatever it is you're about to face, I know you can handle it without me."

"It's not what he told them yesterday." Leo sang quietly.

"Though your bionics are amazing, they might not always be enough. So, step into the elevator and Eddy will take you to a secret floor below the lab: My weapons vault." Mr. Davenport explained.