Let's change their future!

By Sch141

[Discontinued] Title of rewrite: That slacker can't slack for the life of him ^ Same user What's more to it... More

Prologue.
Smart Rosalyn. (Rosalyn)
Human, I'm famous! (Raon Miru)
Aye! Where's the alcohol? (Bud Illis and Glenn Poeff)
What? There's a bombing?
I finally escaped from that place. (Cage and Taylor)
The island is off the map now? (1)
The island is off the map now? (2)
Meeting the sage. (Pendrick)
Who are you? (172)
Not a chapter.

Someone's supposed death. (393/394/395)

8.1K 361 134
By Sch141

"Who the fuck is they always? You think we can just magically know who this they are?" This god always likes to be so vague. Like does he think we can just take a peek inside his brain? Seriously, he annoys me the fuck out.

[You'll know soon enough. Anyways, let's move on to the next person.]

[Pendrick or Eruhaben? What do you guys think?]

Eruhaben let out a quick sigh at the mention of his name. It seems he'll soon know more of why he is associated with all these beings. Or maybe he will see what is going on with Pendrick these days.

Is Pendrick also associated with that human? I would not be surprised at the revelation if he is allied with him. 

"No, let us see what happened at the last screening!"

"Yeah, we want to see the note!"

"Yes, yes, we do!"

[Why are you guys so interested in it? It's really nothing much.]

"What do you mean by nothing much?"

"What the fuck? What are you talking about?"

"Nothing much? Then why in the world would you show us it in the first place!?"

The Sun God, who was above watching this whole situation play out, decided she had enough of the God of Death's nonsense. She quickly took over his position as the so-called host.

[Sun God here. Never-mind that guy as he is just saying nonsense. Due to high demand, we let you watch what happens next. Do not become angered if what you see isn't to your liking]

[...The screen is in the process of  returning back to its original screening.
Please wait for it to load...]

– Human... there is no one around you. But I guess I can't come either? Fine, I will not go. But you have to tell me!

"Yes, human, you better not keep it to yourself!"

"Raon, I don't know about that."'

Cale didn't respond to Raon before heading to a corner and opening the paper.
The paper was only the size of Cale's palm.

"How weird. I had imagined the paper being larger than that." Eric stated. He imagined it being some sort of scroll or just something a little bigger.

"Same here." Amiru can't deny what Eric just said. It is a pretty small piece of paper.

He could see words written on there.
They were not images.

They were words.

They were not written in a language from this world.
It was not Korean either.

It was words that neither Choi Han nor anybody else would be able to read.
Cale didn't know it either.

Choi Han couldn't hold it in anymore and decided asking would relieve some of his confusion. "Cale-nim, how do you know of the language 'Korean'?"

"I'll tell you later." It's not like he can just say how he knows the language in front of all these people around him.

However, Cale could tell that these were words.
He could somehow read it.
Cale started to read these things that he could somehow read.

"Well, a god made it that way."

"Yeah, I guess."

He then started to scoff.

< [REDACTED] >

'Damn it.'

< [REDACTED] >
< Or will you die in this world? >

"That damn god. I just knew he was going to say such bullshit!" Cage knew it! She just knew it! She just knew that god would not just make her give a note to someone else for no reason.

"Does he make you pass notes to people like this all the time? Notes that say matters like this?" Cale asked, still bemused. This god literally just asked a person (me) if they would like to 'die'. I guess he isn't called, you know, the 'God of Death' for nothing.

"These matters only happened on special occasions. I rarely hand notes like this, he would usually just tell me and I would act like a messenger." It's the truth. He would not make me bring notes to people like this, like it is an everyday thing.

"That makes sense."

Then the next sentence.
Actually, the next part was not a sentence.

It was time.
It was going down one second at a time.
It was in a language he didn't know, but he could somehow read that it was time.

1 second.
It continued to decrease by one second at a time.
The time was going down.

"Is it the time limit for this humans
supposed death?" Mila spoke to no one in particular. What Mila can get out of this situation is that this god is telling this human he does not have much time to live.

"I find that a bit... brutal mother."

"Death is the way of life as all living things will eventually die out. But telling someone they have a time limit is brutal."

< You will need to decide when this countdown reaches zero. >

Cale closed his eyes for a moment before opening them back.
More time had gone down on the paper.
There were still more than a few weeks, no, more than a few months remaining. However, the time was continuing to go down.

"What with that god? Seriously?"

"Why would you tell someone that he has a time limit for his life? How could you do such a thing?"

"I guess... it's because he looks after death."

< Choi Jung Gun, Choi Han, Choi Jung Soo. They were all born in different years but share the same birth dates. >

'Choi Jung Soo and Choi Han's birthdays are the same?'

"Who are... these people?

"Are they all related or something?"

"Maybe? We might know later."

"Why is uncle being brought up all of a sudden?" During this whole screening, his brain has been cluttered with all types of possibilities. He does not know what is going on.

"...Your uncle?" Cale croaked out in bewilderment. Especially after seeing such a familiar name on the screen, "Which one?"

"Choi Jung Gun. I might also be related to the other person because we have the same surname."

Cale could not do much as he started to blank out, so he decided to just nod his head to Choi Han's statement. To think Choi Jung Soo might be related to Choi Han.

It's conflicting because this person Choi Han might be related to is someone he, himself, personally knows.

Cale's pupils started to shake.

< Choi Jung Soo and Kim Rok Soo. The two of them share the same birthdays? >
<  [REDACTED] >
< One of them was Choi Jung Soo. >

"There's a new name!"

"So many people share the same birthdays here..."

Cale had thought about this before.

Could Choi Jung Gun, Choi Han, and Choi Jung Soo all be related?
In that case, why was [REDACTED] instead of Choi Jung Soo after Choi Jung Gun and Choi Han?
Why was he the [REDACTED] to this world?

"Ah, so we all actually might be related?" Choi Han could feel his heart beating out of his chest. Will he learn about some of his relatives? Especially his uncle, as he has heard stories about his disappearance multiple times when he was just a child.

Wait. Disappearance?

Did his uncle perhaps...? Maybe he ended up in the same situation as him?

It's weird how he's being brought up.

...In this world.

"Those gods are definitely cutting out some words."

"For sure."

< Choi Jung Soo was not supposed [REDACTED] that time. >

The God of Death's words became etched in Cale's mind.

< [REDACTED] >
< You were the one who was supposed to die. >

Gasp.

You could hear many gasps around the room.

This man, Cale Henituse, was supposed to die?

This statement left many speechless.

Deruth and Violan both gasped in horror. To think the note their son got from a god would be a message telling him he was supposed to die.

Lily and Basen were both trembling. One was trying their best to hold in the tears that were struggling to fall. One had their head overwhelmed with possibilities.

Yes, these thoughts couldn't help but come up in his mind.

'Why is this specifically happening hyung-nim?'

'Why was he supposed to die?'

Cage started to curse at the god above. The very one who is involved in this whole situation. She did, in fact, expect this to occur but she still had to throw many curses at him for something like this. For such a nonsensical situation.

Both Bud and Taylor are nodding their heads in satisfaction at Cage's cursing.

And yes, they did join her.

Ron had a profound glint in his eyes. He, himself, did not care much about his puppy-like young master but he did take care of him since he was in diapers. He also knows the fact that he has been changing recently, that he's trying to change from his old ways. So, it does pain this old man's heart a bit knowing of the news.

You could see Lock and Choi Han having faces of terror.

This god just told someone out of the blue that they were supposed to die. That this person should have died in the past.

It seems Choi Han has to do some hunting.

The people in the room, after calming down slightly, looked towards Cale Henituse. They wanted to see if he was okay. They turned to looked at him and saw that he had a painted stoic face.

He was calm. Why is he so calm?

But he was, in fact, not calm. The people that were near Cale could see how his eyes were trembling even if he had a stoic face.

"Young master Cale, are you alright?" Rosalyn asked, still in the state she was in minutes ago (a state of shock). She could see how the man next to her was reacting and could not hide her concern.

Cale could feel his own dizziness. He had to say something, something to answer this person.

It was extremely quiet. An extremely quiet whisper, "...Yes, I'm okay."

Cale knew what the screen was trying to say. Even if some of the words were taken out, he, himself, could tell what it was saying.

He, as Kim Rok Soo, was supposed to die and his two teammates were supposed to live.

...Why? Why did this happen? How could it?

"You sure?" Alberu, too, could not hide his concern. This man was just told he was supposed to die for god sake!

"Yes."

Cale just couldn't. He could not have his records brought up right now. He did not want to recall the memories of them dying right in front of him. He did not want them to run wild in his mind right now, not at this moment.

"Human, we'll hunt that god down."

"Yes, we will."

"We all will."

Thankfully, he snapped out of it. He snapped out of it because of the children. It's good they are here, so he won't be alone with his thoughts and his record of them.

Cale recalled the memories of the day [REDACTED].
No, the records in his mind were what Cale brought up.

The records that he could not forget even if he wanted to do so overwhelmed his mind.

"Records?"

"What do they mean by that?"

Suddenly, everything became dark.

Episode 394 – The crazy one, the innocent one, and the laughing one (4)

Cale then watched as many scenes passed by.

[...Prohibited to watch the next viewing. Prohibited to watch for privacy reasons...]

"Prohibited to watch?"

"He might be recalling a memory."

"Mm, it is for his privacy."

Cale's heart suddenly ran wild.
The sense of responsibility, anger, and sorrow that had made [REDACTED] heart boil had risen. The things that he had barely managed to suppress deep inside himself were running wild.

"Barely? But it's fine to express those emotions." Litana stated still in her state of shock. It is fine to express emotions like this, anytime, especially in a situation like this. In a situation where you are told your supposed death.

"I agree." Jopis truly does agree. Especially since she has been in situations where she has expressed all these types of emotions.

And it's because of that shitty 'sister' of hers.

The Henituse family and the Molans felt a sense of uncertainty. They all have not seen this person, who they have known for years, express such emotions like this. Just what memories did he recall?

It was at that moment.

– Human!
"Cale Henituse."

Pat. Pat.

Cale could feel a small paw and a hand placed on his shoulders.
He heard a voice behind him as well.

– Human, are you okay? I came over because I had a bad feeling.
"I didn't look at the paper. I just thought you seemed off."

It was Raon and Alberu Crossman.

Gasp.

Tasha gasped. She knew that her nephew would be close to this 'Cale Henituse' but for him to express such concern so openly. Real concern for someone else, not concern that is for show. Just how close are they in the future?

Cale blinked his eyes.
The darkness disappeared and he could see the crown prince's bedroom wall again.
He quickly folded and put away the paper with the weird language the God of Death had left for him and turned around.

He could see a concerned Alberu Crossman but not the invisible Raon.
Cale looked at Alberu and started to speak.

"What is it, your highness?"

"What do you mean 'what is it'? Do you not see the state you are in?" Jack questioned. He thinks anyone would be concerned for the other person if they are put in this situation.

"It's not like I could see the state I was in at that moment."

"Oh, my. What about your emotions?"

"It's not like I'm expressing them either."

"Goodness."

Cale thought that Alberu Crossman would scoff if he asked this way.
However, he could see that Alberu, as well as the rest of the group at the table, were starting to look at him in a different way than he expected.

All of them had serious expressions on their faces.
Cale made eye contact with Alberu.

Alberu started to think about himself after hearing this man's thoughts on the screen. He believes even being the person he is, he would never scoff in a situation like this.

"Are you okay?"

Alberu could see Cale's pale white face and his lips that had turned blue.
His forehead was full of cold sweats as well.

Gasp.

Tasha gasped, once again. For one she was still stunned at her nephew and how he was acting on the screen. For two she saw the full-blown state this man was in.

Alberu practically heard his aunts gasps from a mile away. He, though, could not blame her. The state the man is in on the screen is, I would say, very concerning.

And it's also surprising how he's expressing this amount of concern for the man.

He had seen Cale cough up blood or be in pain, but never like this before.

"..."

"COUGH UP BLOOD?"

"Calm down, maybe the crown prince is talking about the plaza bombing."

"Still."

He seemed like someone who was in shock after seeing something very scary.
Alberu's gaze moved away from Cale's face to the paper in his hand.
He had not seen what was written inside it.

'Just what did he see?'

He was concerned, but Alberu was blocked by Cale's hand.

"Oh! The wonderful sun of the Roan Kingdom, this lowly citizen is pleased to know that you are concer—"

"Enough."

-Human, human! Are you really okay? Grandpa Ron told me to remember and tell him about it if you even come close to fainting!

"Yes, yes, little dragon-nim. Do just that." Ron had his signature benign smile while saying that.

"Of course, lemon gramps! We cannot have human running wild!"

"My, you call me lemon gramps?"

"Yes! You always give human lemonade!"

"Ho."

Cale could hear Raon's voice. He then started to speak to Alberu who could not come toward him because of his hand as well as the invisible Raon.

"It's amazing how the crown prince is respecting his decisions."

"Yeah, I thought he would just take it out of his hand."

"..."

"Be quiet."

"I am okay, but let's talk in a bit. I haven't finished looking at it."

Cale nodded his head to Cage who had jumped up from her chair as well before slowly turning back around.

"My, I didn't see myself jump up off of that chair on the screen." She forgot she was present, during that moment, for a second there.

"Cage, maybe it's because you're still in a state of shock."

"Ah, yes."

"...Alright then. I'll wait for you over there."
– ...I'll let it go for now as well! I'll go wait over there, you weak stupid human!

Cale opened the paper once again after feeling Alberu and Raon moving away.

"Thanks for caring about my human crown prince." Raon turns to look at the crown prince that isn't that far away from him, "You really are a nice guy!"

"Uh, of course?"

5 minutes.
Only five minutes had passed since everything went dark in front of him. No, five minutes had decreased.

"Oh, his way of thinking... is interesting."

"What do you mean?"

"He replaced 'passed' with 'decreased'."

"He's saying it as if he is going to die soon."

"..."

"Speechless, huh?"

Cale recalled Kim Rok Soo's birthday.

"Why his specifically?

"Maybe it's what came to mind."

He looked at the paper the God of Death delivered to him via Cage. He looked at the decreasing time.
The God of Death had said that it would be time for Cale to choose once that time hit zero.

He thought about the day that the time would run out.

That day was Choi Jung Soo and Kim Rok Soo's birthday. It should also be Choi Jung Gun and Choi Han's birthday as well.
Cale had to decide on that day.

'How cruel.'

"So, these friends of his..." Archie narrowed his eyes towards the screen,"...birthdays have to be on his death day?"

"Yes, I believe so." Paseton heart pained. If had to choose whether he will live or not, on either his father or sister's birthday, that would be deem cruel in itself. How could you ask that question to someone?

To question someone and to make them choose if they would die on that precious someone's birth date. It sounds terrible even on the surface.

He couldn't think of anything else to say.
He finished reading what was written on the paper.

"It's because it's one of the only words to describe a situation like this."

"...Yes, because it truly is cruel."

< Choi Jung Soo was not supposed [REDACTED] at that time. >

He was right.
Choi Jung Soo was not supposed to [REDACTED] at that time.
[REDACTED] and the other [REDACTED]  should not have [REDACTED] then either.
And then...

"This Choi Jung Soo keeps being mentioned. He was not supposed to what?" Rosalyn did not understand. Yes, she knows that someone is taking out some words but we can barely understand these sentences.

"Noona, it's for privacy reasons."

"Possibly."

"Yes, that's what it seems."

< [REDACTED] >
< You were the one who was supposed to die. >

'I can't die either.'

Cale's eyes lit up.

Cale agreed. He agreed with his future self, "Yes, I can't die. There is a saying out there that says 'being alive is the best'."

"Yes, human! Being alive is the best!"

"Yes, yes."

Cale was too busy talking to the dragon and being in his own thoughts, to notice the betterment of the atmosphere around the room. Some people were relieved. People were relieved by the fact that Cale Henituse, himself, stated he won't die.

Those people should not have [REDACTED] day.
He could not die either.
In addition, his people in this world could not die as well.

Hilsman, the Vice Captain of the Henituse Knights Brigade, could not stop the tears in his eyes. "Yyyyyounggg masterrr!! You have *sob* grown *sob* sooooo much!"

Cale, who took his gaze to glance at the Vice Captain of the Henituse Territory, could not believe what he was seeing. Why on earth is that man crying?

"Wow, what a man."

"For sure. For him to make a decision just like that."

"It's amazing how he can! And for him to also bring up his people."

He read the rest of the message from the God of Death.

< Yes, you were the one who was supposed to die. >
< However, the world's laws and coincidences... Humans are one of the few existences who can destroy all of those things. >
< [REDACTED] broke the law that said that you were supposed to die. >
< That is why I respect and admire humans. >
< You learned many things from those people and put those lessons to use in your life. >
< I'm curious to see what your decision will be. >

"Ho, that human broke the law?" Eruhaben could not help but to think this human is, in fact, an unlucky bastard. He, who was fated to die and broke that to continue being alive.

"It seems so. My son is following an interesting one."

Cale folded the paper and put it in his inner pocket.
He then turned around.

Cage, Taylor, and Rosalyn were still sitting at the table while Alberu was standing with his arms crossed nearby.
Raon was probably near Alberu as well. The fact that the corner of Alberu's shirt was scrunched probably meant that Raon was there holding onto it.

"So so cute." Lily exclaimed after feeling a little better, "He is using the crown prince for comfort!"

"Yes, it is pretty adorable."

"Extremely sweet."

"And just very cute."

Cale could see priestess Cage cautiously starting to speak.

"Young master-nim, was it bad news?"

She had copied down the image the God of Death had shown her, but she could not read or comprehend it.
She couldn't even tell if they were images or words.

It was a message from the God of Death that was meant only for Cale.

"Hoho, so it really is only for him." Gashan, a shaman of the Tiger Tribe, spoke. He did not say much since he was sent into this room because there was not much for him to say out loud.

"Then why are they showing us this?"

"I'm not so sure."

"It's not like they showed too much. The took out quite a lot of information."

"Oh, that's true."

The others had either nervousness or concern on their faces as they looked toward Cale after hearing Cage's question. Cale answered without any hesitation.

"Let's just..."

The group could see that Cale's eyes were burning up contrary to his pale face.

'Decision?
He wants me to decide when the White Star is running wild?
Who will be able to do something if I'm not involved?'

"Yes, Cale Henituse! Be angry!"

"Mhm, like why would he ask for a decision?"

"Decision, my ass."

'Avoid it?
Run away?'

It was one thing if they all ran away together, but he would never run away on his own.

"Yes, if I do have a 'group' in the future, I would never run away by myself." Cale nodded to himself while he said that. He would never leave, that would leave too much of a burden on him. The people that are called 'his people' are people he generally does care about. Why on earth would he leave?

While Cale was nodding to himself, he did not seem to see the looks of admiration sent towards him from all around the room.

Cale did not hide his anger as he continued to speak.

"Let's just ignore it."

The original, [REDACTED] didn't exist anymore.
Cale planned to live however he wanted to live.

"Ignore?" Jack was stunned. To think someone would ignore a message from a lord.

"Ha, I, too, would ignore it."

"Sister!"

"...You're going to ignore a message from a god?"
"Yes."

The God of Death had told Cale to decide.

"He told me to live however I pleased."

He chose to interpret it however he pleased.

Rasheel scoffed, "Ha! To think a human would ignore a message from god."

"It's interesting." Mila exclaimed.

"More interesting than the studies you give me, right mother?"

"Dodori, do not talk such nonsense."

"That is why I am going to do whatever I want."
"...And what would that be?"

Cale responded to Alberu who cautiously asked.

"A shit show."
"...What?"

"Why do I have a feeling that you already do just that?" Alberu had the feeling that Cale Henituse already does cause trouble and does whatever he wants to do.

"I don't know, your highness." Cale says, accusingly.

Cale knew that he was selfish and bad and that he cherished people who were important to him the most.

"How could you call that selfish?" Choi Han did not understand. How is not wanting death thrown on you and cherishing the people most important, selfish?

"Right, hyung? Something like that isn't selfish." Lock responded with agreement. There's no way you could call something like that selfish. Why on earth is Cale thinking that way?

Is that not what every single human desires? To not die on their own and to cherish those important around them?

"He's really. He really is just the word 'wow'."

"For sure, I can't believe what I am seeing."

"I plan to use overwhelming strength to destroy everything."

He liked fighting battles where he had an overwhelming advantage.
That was when his people would not get hurt.

"It's the easiest and the most prominent way for people's survival. It works on either side to have an overwhelming advantage."

"In war or just in battle in general."

"Mhm."

"Haven't you already been doing that?"

Cale smiled at Alberu's response.

"Ah, I was right." Alberu was correct. He was right on the dot.

"I plan to do it even more."
"...What a disrespectful smile."

Cale pretended not to hear Alberu's comment.

"Truly, what a disrespectful smile." Alberu pointed out, "Is this how you act towards the crown prince of Roan Kingdom?"

"The sun and moon of the Roan Kingdom, this lowly noble wou—"

"Goodness, again? Enough of that."

"There's more where that comes from, your highness. The shining star of our kingdom."

'Haaaa.'

The time was going down second by second even during that moment.

Episode 395 – The crazy one, the innocent one, and the laughing one (5)

However, Cale did not care about the decreasing time.
Alberu, who was looking at him, started to speak.

"He's still using the word 'decreasing'."

"Yeah, it's a bit... suspicious."

"You plan on defeating the White Star with overwhelming strength?"
"Yes, your highness."

Cale's face was completely pale. However, his eyes were more focused and alive than ever before. Then there was this short but confident response.
Alberu nodded his head.

"Then that's great."

Cale didn't pay much attention to that comment as he started to walk back to the chair he had been sitting on.

"Yes, so they are fighting White Star at the moment?"

"But for them to say 'overwhelming strength'."

"Mm, it's a little concerning."

– Human, you seem okay, but hurry up and go eat one of the apple pies in the basket! You cannot faint! I'm going to tattle to grandpa Ron, Goldie gramps, Choi Han, Beacrox, and good girl Mary!

"Yes, human, I'm tattling to everybody! On everyone if you get hurt!"

"Yes, youngest! Tell everyone!"

He almost chuckled at Raon's voice in his mind.
He then heard Alberu's voice as well.

"So how do you plan on defeating the White Star with ove- huh?"

However, Alberu could not finish his question.
He reached out his hand.

He could see Cale starting to stumble.

"Of course, he would stumble." Eric says, talking to Amiru, "It was a little concerning though. I thought for a second there that he would act as if it was nothing until the very end."

"Yes, yes. I agree."

"Young master Cale!"
"Young master-nim!"

The people who had nervously been looking at him with concern all jumped up.

– Human!

Raon quickly charged toward Cale and used his head to support Cale's falling body. He also reached his two front paws out to help support Cale's upper body.

"Hey! You!"

The shocked Alberu's hand grabbed the falling Cale's arm.

Gasp.

Tasha gasped, for a third time. It's still a little shocking that her nephew would do something like this.

Alberu turn to look at his gasping aunt. She is gasping somewhat loudly. Alberu wanted to talk to his aunt, but could not indicate a conversation first. So, he decided they should have a conversation. A conversation with neither of them speaking.

"Would you stop gasping, aunt? You're getting stares."

"What? I'm just shocked."

"Agioo."

Ooooooong-

Alberu could see red mana quickly surrounding Cale at the same time. It was Rosalyn's mana.
She had quickly cast her mana to support Cale.

"I really like how the mana is red."

"Same."

"...Ha...Damn it."

Cale's mumbling made Taylor and Cage, who had quickly run toward him, and Alberu, who was holding him up, look at him with odd expressions.

Cale looked shocked.

"What can we do with you, young master Cale?" Rosalyn shook her head. She was just shaking her head disapprovingly.

'What? What will you guys do with me?'

"Mhm, miss Rosalyn. What exactly can we do with him?"

'Huh? The crown prince agrees?'

"Yes, you see his shocked face on the screen?"

'Taylor is in on this, too?'

"And the 'odd expression' statement."

"What? Cage, too?'

– Human! Why do you have such an expression when you were about to faint?! You really are a weak and stupid human!

Raon slowly moved his round head and chubby front paws away from supporting Cale after seeing Rosalyn's red mana surround Cale and started to nag.
Cale's upper body had curled forward as he was about to fall so only Raon had seen his shocked expression.

"Yes, you absolutely can't faint! Human, you such a stupid human!"

"Yes, Raon, I am stupid. Calm down a bit."

'What the...?'

Cale was confused.

'What is going on with me?'

He could not understand why his body was stumbling like this.
He had not used any of his ancient powers nor his ability.
He wasn't dizzy and his body wasn't heating up with a severe fever.
He didn't feel like he was going to vomit either.

'But why is there no strength in my body?'

"Hmm. He must not know the reason."

"It's because he's afraid of something? Right?"

Cale followed the gentle movement of the red mana as it slowly laid him down. The red mana then slowly moved him to the couch.
Cale could finally see the others once the mana lifted his upper body back up. Alberu bluntly commented as they made eye contact.

"I knew it would be like this. Your face was a mess. Tsk."

"It was pretty clear. His face was so clearly a mess." Witira agreed with the crown prince's statement. It was clear that the man on the screen was going to fall at some point.

"Mhm, there was no way he wouldn't be like this in that type of situation." Paseton said following up with his sister's words.

All of them looked as if they had expected Cale to faint. He knew Raon probably had a similar expression even though he couldn't see him.

"...But I am fine."

Alberu looked toward Rosalyn after hearing Cale's comment and Rosalyn smiled as she responded.

"You're driving me nuts."

"Yes, I agree, he really is driving me nuts."
How can this man say that he is fine? Especially when he almost fell to the ground?

"It does seem I am fine. No need to worry."

"Nonsense."

Cale flinched.
Alberu didn't care and pointed to the bed.

"Lay him down there. The couch is not very comfortable."
"As you wish, your highness."

"Oh, my! The crown prince's bed!"

"How nice of him!"

"You mean how seductive."

"..."

"Whoever said that be quiet!"

Rosalyn moved her hand and the red mana laid Cale down on the bed.
Cale laid there and looked at the ceiling.

'What's wrong with me?'

"You are about to faint from shock."

"You are falling to the ground because you are overwhelmed."

"You were about to blank out because of fear."

He heard two voices at that moment.

"Look at how pale you are. What scared the mighty Cale Henituse?"

One of them was Alberu.

"Sacred? Me?"

"Yes, you!"

– It looks like your body got shaken up for a moment from fear and horror.

The other was the Scary Giant Cobblestone.
Cale became even more shocked after hearing their comments.

'I'm afraid of something? Really?
I, of all people, reacted because of fear?'

"Really, I cannot believe my future self either. I, me, reacted because of that emotion? Because of fear?"

"And the crown prince is really observant."

He could not believe it.
He'd accept it if it was because of anger, but he was not afraid.
But Cale had no choice but to accept his current condition after raising his hand and putting it on his forehead.

His hand was slightly shaking while his forehead was covered with sweat.
It was no wonder people were saying that he was scared.

"Oh, my. His hand is literally shaking!

"And he's covered in sweat!"

"...For him to be in such a state, it's very concerning."

'What am I scared about?'

Cale did not need to think long to recall the records of the past he saw when everything had turned black.

"Ha!"

Cale scoffed in disbelief.

– Human! Why are you laughing? Something is definitely weird! This is not the time to laugh! Human, you look like you are in critical condition! You are laughing when you are hurt! You can't go crazy too!

"Yes, dragon-nim is right! Who laughs in such a situation?"

"Cale Henituse does."

"Never-mind that!"

Cale was at a loss for words after hearing Raon's comments.
This six-years-old black Dragon was really good at putting him at a loss for words. However, this helped Cale calm down. His body then soon returned to normal.

"Youngest, you helped calm him down!" Hong was happy that raon was able to calm him down. He's glad Cale has someone to help him return to normal.

(Sorry, I don't remember what Hong/On calls Cale.)

Raon puffed his chest out, "It's nothing."

On could be seen watching the interaction while shaking her head. What personalities both of her siblings have.

Cale heard someone cautiously calling out to him at that moment.

"Excuse me..."

Cale turned his head to see an expression he had never seen on Cage's face before. She was hesitating unlike her usual self and cautiously asked.

"I rarely see you like that, Cage."

"I might ask a question regarding the note."

"Oh."

"That, did it really not have anything serious written on it?"

Cage was asking once again if the note had anything bad or serious written on it.
That question made everybody look toward Cale.

"Now that we know some of what was in the note, it is pretty serious." Taylor stated. When knowing about a part of the message, he cannot help but worry about young master Cale's future.

"Yes, for sure, Taylor. It's scary knowing of what was actually in the note, you know?"

"Yeah."

"Mm."

Cale contemplated for a moment and Cage quickly added on.

"Of course, you don't have to share because you were told to look at it alone! It is your personal problem, young master Cale. I know you said that you were going to ignore the contents, but I was just curious if it said something serious on it."

Priestess Cage's actions were so cautious that Cale decided to share his honest sentiments.

"Mm, not really?"

Cage hesitated for a moment before calmly asking once more.

"Not really?! Is he serious?"

"What is going through that man's brain?"

"How exactly is that nothing!?" Harol almost yelled in shock, "You just got told you were supposed to die!"

"But I am not going to die? It's 'supposed to' for a reason."

"..."

"What?"

Then can you tell us at least a little bit of that not so serious note?"

Cale debated for a moment.

'Well, the God of Death never said to keep it a secret. I guess I can tell them a portion without telling them the important parts?'

"Haha, now we know some of the important parts!"

"Shut up, Bud! Not the time!"

It did say that the paper would burn if he showed it to others, but that wasn't saying he couldn't tell them about it as long as he didn't show the paper to them.
Cale looked toward the others.

He could see the concerned expressions in the eyes of everyone surrounding him.
They would probably worry even more if he hid everything. That was why Cale decided to be honest about at least a portion of it.

"He's worried about other people again."

"Oh my goodness."

[REDACTED]

After taking out couple of different shocking details, Cale casually commented on one of the few remaining pieces of information.

"He said I was supposed to die."

Silence filled the room at that moment.
Cale recalled a portion of what the God of Death had told him.

Silence, too, filled inside the screening room.

That is unimportant? Is this man serious?

Him being told that he is supposed to die is unimportant to him? Why? Why is such a thing unimportant?

Seriously, what will they do with such a guy.

< [REDACTED], you were the one who was supposed to die. >

'Mm, yeah. That's probably the least shocking thing to tell them.'

The room was still in silence.

It was still in silence until someone broke it.

"My, young master-nim, this old man would like to know why exactly that's the least important thing in the note?"

It was Ron. Ron was staring daggers at Cale Henituse. It was enough for Cale's head to disappear into thin air.

"Ron, I'm sure they're going to explain why on the screen soon." Cale quickly stated after shivering a bit. Damn, that old man is frightening.

Cale had a satisfied expression on his face after telling his friends a portion of it as he was still telling them the truth.
Cale was planning on slowly sharing more of his honest thoughts and feelings with more than just Raon and Choi Han now. Cale wanted to slowly change the records in his mind to happy records.

'Yes. I really want that to happen.'

"Awh, now I kind of feel bad."

"Huh? Why?"

"He is sharing information with people he wouldn't have shared with before to those exact people."

"And he's content that he's sharing more of his feelings."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Cale started to smile as he felt these odd emotions from his beating heart.
His hand had stopped shaking and he was no longer sweating. He could feel himself being at peace.

"Aw, man. This is too bad for my heart."

"Mine too."

It was at that moment.

"You crazy bastard!"

'Hmm?'

Cale turned his head.
He could see an extremely angry Alberu Crossman.

"What? Your highness, why are you so mad?"

Alberu started to pinch the bridge of his nose, "If we are going to be close in the future and you tell I, me, you were supposed to die. Of course, I would react that way."

"Young master Cale, you really are someone we cannot leave alone."

He could also see the vicious look in the smiling Rosalyn's face.

"Ha! Vicious?" Rosalyn couldn't believe that he would call her expression vicious, "But young master Cale, just know I agree with my future self."

"Why? I'm a pretty dandy guy, you know?"

"You! Nevermind. Just nevermind."

'Who can't they leave alone?'

"You, young master."

Cale was confused at the two of their reactions.
It didn't matter as he then heard Raon's voice.

– I am the great and mighty Raon Miru. I will not even leave the gods alone. I will defeat them all.

'What the heck is wrong with him now?'

"Human, I just said I would not even leave the gods alone."

"And it's the truth!"

"Woah, Raon. Hold your horses there."

"My horse? Why would I hold a horse?"

"Uh, it's nothing of the sort."

Raon was not sniffling. His voice sounded vicious. Even more vicious than Rosalyn's glare. He really sounded like he would go and defeat some gods.

"That rotten...!"

Cale flinched at the voice that suddenly started to shout.

"How can there be such a backstabbing motherfucking nonsensical situation like this?!"

"Seriously! Does that motherfucker have nothing to do with his free time?"

"Over here just playing with peoples lives!"

And yes. Taylor sympathizes with Cage.

Cage was the one who was shouting.
She looked visibly angry as the rough words continued to pour out.

"I knew it would be like this! So, you're going to be like this even after everything I told you?!"

Cage was shouting toward the sky.

"You just watch! I'm never going back to the temple! I am free! Free! I'm going to drink all I want, play all I want, and live a completely free life!"

"Her cursing him out is kinda funny."

"For sure."

Pat pat.

Her close friend Taylor patted her shoulders and calmly started to speak.

"Cage, I'll cheer you on and hope you can achieve your dream."

"Yes, I'll cheer you on with that dream of yours."

"Taylor, there's a reason why you're my best friend."

"You get me!"

"Of course, how would I be your best friend if I didn't?"

"Truth!"

'What the hell?'

Cale made eye contact with Alberu as his expression turned into one of shock.
Alberu started to spit out comment after comment.

"And why the heck are you looking so lost like you have no idea what is going on? You're blinking your eyes like a cow when you were told that you were supposed to die? Huh? You got no damn sense at all. What the hell are you looking at?"

"Noona, it's true, he was blinking like a cow."

"Yes, he was. And it's also true that he does not have any sense at all."

Cale, who overheard the children's conversation could not help but sign. These children are now agreeing with whatever nonsense the crown prince just said. 'Agioo.'

"...But I'm not dead?"
"What?"

"What nonsense is he saying?"

"This man, is he truly alright?"

Cale flinched at the multiple vicious glares pointed at him but continued to speak.

"Well, 'you were supposed to die,' is past tense. It is not saying I will die now or in the future, right? I'm not going to die now."
"Aigoo, my head."

Alberu sat down on the corner of the bed and grabbed his head. Rosalyn patted his shoulder and Cale quickly added on.

"Thanks for the understanding, miss Rosalyn."

"It's no problem in itself."

"I'm going to live for a very long time. I will be a wealthy slacker."

He immediately heard Raon's voice.

– That's right. The human will live as a slacker with me. I will be a slacker as well! I will continue and continue to be a slacker next to the human!

'Yes, yes. Your future is something you decide for yourself.'

"Yes! I'll out slack all the slackers out there!"

Cale respected Raon's future goals.

"Respected? Uh, how interesting?"

"Mhm, very... interesting."

"Anyway, I plan on living a very happy life with the children and the others, so there is no need to worry."

Silence filled the room after he made those comments.

Some people around the room could not help but sign a breath of relief. Yes, it did say earlier that he would not die. They did, though, had to make sure.

It was to make themselves extra sure he won't just die off somewhere.

– ...Human, I will definitely, definitely live a happy life with you and the rest of our family members! I will destroy anybody, whether it be the gods or the White Star, if they get in our way!

The silence was soon broken.

"Aw, what precious words."

"Precious?"

"Yes, precious, you got a problem with that?"

"I, N,No."

"...It'd be one thing if you weren't so good with words."

Alberu looked at Cale with an expression that seemed to be saying, 'What the hell am I going to do with this punk,' before he started to think.

"He really is good with words."

"You think so?"

"Yes, the silence was broken for a reason."

"Young master Cale, make sure you remember those words."

Rosalyn slowly pulled the blanket up to Cale's neck as she warmly commented.
Taylor and Cage nodded their heads and their eyes were sparkling toward Cale.

'How did the atmosphere in the room change so much?'

"It's because you spoke of those words, young master Cale." Taylor and Cage's eyes were also sparking. It's good to know he's planning for a happy life with himself and others.

"Does my words change things that much?" Does his words really just change a tense atmosphere to a different one that quickly?

"Of course, it reassures everyone."

"Ah, really?"

Cale felt frustrated but decided not to think about anything. He thought he could just brush it off since they seemed to understand his point.

"Why would he feel frustrated?"

"It's not like we know."

"We don't have to do anything until tomorrow, so get some rest for now."

Rosalyn said that and made Cage and Taylor move away from the bed. Alberu said that he was going to chat with Rosalyn and closed the curtains around the bed and moved away as well.

Squirm squirm.

Cale could feel something squirming toward him underneath the blanket.

It was most likely the invisible Raon crawling toward him.

Cale moved his hand underneath the blanket and the round head fell right into his palm.

"Ah, it's him being a father again!" Rosalyn exclaimed, "It's pretty cute."

"It is cute, miss Rosalyn." Tasha had a small smile on her face as she said that.

– Human.

'Yes, yes.'

Cale felt Raon's body heat as he curled up next to him and closed his eyes.

"So cute!"

"It's so precious for my two eyes!"

"My heart might explode."

It was probably a good idea to get some rest as Rosalyn mentioned.
And once he woke back up...

'I'm going to fucking destroy him.'

"Uh-huh? What is he saying all of a sudden?" Hannah questioned. It's not like she's against seeing people being destroyed but she thought they were going to see some more cute moments.

"Sister, he'll explain."

He needed to start moving to destroy the White Star.

"Ah, the White Star again."

"How annoying."

Cale could hear Rosalyn and Alberu talking to each other, but he could not understand what they were saying as he slowly fell asleep.

"...Your highness ... For his health ......"
"...A slacker ... you're right ... Get some rest......"

Those were some of the things he heard as he fell asleep.

Rosalyn chuckled a bit, "Haha, I wonder what we were fully saying?"

"I'm pretty sure we are just talking about this so-called slacker life of his."

"Ah, that nonexistent slacker life, huh?"

"Hey! Don't say such nonsense! I will have my slacker life come to me at some point."

"Sure, sure."

*********

There's a few things I want to talk about.

I've had a few people request me to not show the soul switch (between Cale and Kim Rok Soo) and I don't think I can do that because it was my goal to do that since the beginning of this fic... but it will not happen until the (somewhat) end if that makes things better?

I also was not planning on revealing Kim Rok Soo's identity at all until the end but Cale does referred to his past self in third person a lot so sometimes when he does that I'll show it just to make people confused (#misunderstanding).

Whenever I would create a reaction to someone's Wikipedia, I would usually connect the chapters they are going to react to with the Wikipedia.

I don't know if that make sense but when I do Eruhaben, I'll probably show their first meeting, extension of his lifetime, and probably the first fight w White Star? Or when I do Clopeh, It'll be the Henituse Territory war, first meeting, and the Legend of the North. You know? And I will, of course, make them react to more moments of themselves in the future.

And when I make them react to someone else's secret or something, I won't be too dramatic? I'll try not to make dramatic at least.

Sorry if I ask a lot of questions throughout this fanfic. I like getting other people's opinions.

So, ya! Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 16.6K 34
[FANFICTION] Synopsis: What if the original characters from 'The Birth of a Hero' meet the current characters from 'Trash of the Count's Family?' Di...
3.7K 210 18
The infamous Count family, the wealthy aristocrat that have been protecting Roan Kingdom from the Forest of Darkness for generations. Rumors have spr...
31.5K 2.1K 13
It was supposed to be a fine morning as usual after the war with the white star and the sealed god however that particular peace was broken once agai...
2.8K 181 4
Maybe if he did things differently... Maybe he wouldn't be standing here again. In front of a grave. No. It wasn't 'A grave ' anymore. Not anymore...