Hidebound

By Apagewithani

After a close call Hex is back on parole and Poppy couldn't be happier. The Darlings spend their time making... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter TwentyOne
Chapter TwentyTwo
Chapter TwentyThree
Chapter TwentyFour
Chapter TwentyFive
Chapter TwentySix
Chapter TwentySeven
Chapter TwentyEight
Chapter TwentyNine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter ThirtyTwo
Chapter ThirtyThree
Chapter ThirtyFour
Chapter ThirtyFive
Chapter ThirtySix
Chapter ThirtySeven
Chapter ThirtyEight
Chapter ThirtyNine
Chapter Forty
Chapter FortyOne
Chapter FortyTwo
Chapter FortyThree
Chapter FortyFour
Chapter FortyFive
Chapter FortySix
Chapter FortySeven
Chapter FortyEight
Chapter FortyNine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter FiftyOne
Chapter FiftyTwo
Chapter FiftyThree
Chapter FiftyFour
Chapter FiftyFive
Chapter FiftySix
Chapter FiftySeven
Chapter FiftyEight
Chapter FiftyNine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter SixtyOne
Chapter SixtyTwo
Chapter SixtyThree
Chapter SixtyFour
Chapter SixtyFive
Chapter SixtySix
Chapter SixtySeven
Chapter SixtyEight
Chapter SixtyNine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter SeventyOne
Chapter SeventyTwo
Chapter SeventyThree
Chapter SeventyFour
Chapter SeventyFive
Chapter SeventySix
Chapter SeventySeven
Chapter SeventyEight
Chapter SeventyNine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter EightyOne
Chapter EightyTwo
Chapter EightyThree
Chapter EightyFour
Chapter EightyFive
Chapter EightySix
Chapter EightySeven
Chapter EightyEight
Epilogue

Chapter ThirtyOne

3K 123 14
By Apagewithani

I'm groggy when I wake to knocking on the front door the morning after our wedding. We had considered staying in a hotel for the night but I'm glad we didn't, there's no where else I'd rather be than in my own bed.

Yesterday and last night had worn me out and I planned on staying in bed all day to recover.

I stir further at the second round of knocking. "Hex" I groan against the side of his chest as he lies next to me, his arm being used as my pillow. I had found myself in this position multiple times during the night and I have no doubt that his arm is numb by now.

He groans in response but doesn't move, except to tighten his arm around me.

I run my hand up his chest, feeling his naked warm skin against my own as my leg falls over his hip and my breast's are squished between us.

"Door" I whisper into the silent room but once again he doesn't respond verbally.

His hand tangles in my hair and tugs gently, the knots from ludicrous amounts of hairspray causing his fingers to tangle easily.

A third round of knocking is heard as well as the vibration of Hex's phone as it rings simultaneously.

I keep my eyes closed but I feel him move and grab his phone. He doesn't answer it but declines the call and places his phone back down on the bedside table.

"Fucking Charlie" he grunts and slides out from around me. I roll onto my stomach, the blanket falling to the bottom of my naked back. I listen to Hex's movements as he makes himself presentable to answer the door.

He runs his hand down my back gently and pushes the hair away from the side of my face before he leaves.

"Fucking hell Charlie, the morning after my fucking wedding?" I crack a smile as I listen to them talk. Hex sounds a mix between extremely tired and irritated. He's too tired to be truely angry.

"I'm just doing my job Mr. Rose" Charlie replies, his voice monotone. The front door clicks closed and I hear them walk into the lounge room where Charlie usually sets up everything he'll need to test Hex. "Besides, this is the last time I'll be here, might as well make it rememberable".

My eyes open for the first time this morning as I remember Hex's parole finishes today. I quickly close my eyes again from the bright light that shines sun through the open window. How had we forgotten to close the curtains last night?

I drag my body up, squinting my eyes as I look for something to wear. My wedding dress is in a pile on the floor and I pick it up, inspecting it for any tears that Hex had left while getting it off last night but I can't seem to find any. I breathe a sigh of relief and hang it in the closet. I spot Hex's shirt in the corner, I could care less that it's dirty as I slip it over my head. I find my track pants too.

A quick glance in the mirror shows my flushed face is filled with life and my hair is that of a birds nest thanks to Hex. I attempt is to run my hand over the pieces that stick up in the front but when it does nothing I shrug and leave it.

Charlie could care less about how I look.

I stumble down the hallway and shake my head attempting to wake myself further.

Hex and Charlie are sat in the lounge room as I appear. Hex's eyes instantly find me, scanning my body from head to toe. I take him in for the first time this morning. His own hair is a mess and his face has a youthful glow to it despite the scowl that Charlie has caused.

"Good morning, Charlie" my voice cracks, thick with sleep. Charlie barely glances up as he fiddles with his briefcase, pulling out a number of things one by one.

"Good morning, Mrs. Rose" I freeze for a second, not expecting that. Hex's eyes darken considerably as he hears me being addressed as his wife. A smile pulls at my lips and I skip my way to the kitchen. No more Ms. Hart.

Poppy Rose. I'm Poppy Rose now, wife of Hex Rose.

I make myself a coffee, something I rarely drink but I'm going to need it today. I have a feeling that it won't be long before Hex and I are back in bed.

I blow over the top in an attempt to cool the liquid but it does little as I burn my top lip when I take my first sip.

I carry it into the lounge room so that I can be apart of Hex's last parole visit.

"Can we hurry this up" Hex grunts. My eyes run over his naked chest as he displays his tattoos and scars for everyone to see. The sight of scratches on his shoulders and his back don't go unnoticed by me but I hope they had by Charlie. My cheeks flush uncontrollably.

"I don't want to be here any longer then I have to be Mr. Rose" I bite my bottom lip to suppress a chuckle as Charlie gives back to Hex what he dishes out.

"Don't listen to him Charlie, we appreciate you" I say as I take another sip of coffee. It's hot and I can feel it travel down my throat and into my stomach. I have to keep switching hands so that I don't burn my palms.

"Thank you Mrs. Rose" Charlie continues monotony.

Hex throws me a look showing his disapproval and it only encourages me to wound him up further.

"Hex tells me all the time about how he looks forward to you dropping in" I may have pushed it too far because now it's become unbelievable and they both know it.

"Oh I'm sure he does" Charlie replies sarcastically and pulls the small cup Hex has to pee into out of his briefcase.

I can hear the breath that Hex exhales. "That's a bunch of bullshit" he stands "give me that" he snatches the cup from Charlie's hand before he marches down the hallway and into our bathroom.

"Passed both" Charlie mutters as he checks the mobile drug and alcohol tests Hex had taken.

I had no doubt that they would come back negative but knowing that this is the last time we have to hear it brings a relief to me like no other. No more tests, no more monitoring and no more restrictions. Hex is free of his past, his consequences and Hellbound.

"No shit" he murmurs as he finishes off the rest of my coffee once my stomach started to hurt.

Both Hex and I watch in silence as Charlie packs up his briefcase for the last time.

I know it sounds stupid but Charlie has been there for more than we ever expected and I don't doubt he thinks the same. He was who we turned to for advice when Hex was sent back to Hellbound and he was the only person I trusted to voice my concerns about Ace and Amos to. He didn't have to do that, his only job was to make sure Hex doesn't fuck up his parole.

I bite my nail as my mind runs. Ace and Amos are still running around and now they're closer then ever. It's only a matter of time before we run into them at the hospice. What are we going to do without Charlie?

"You're free of the system Mr. Rose" Charlie finalises. I watch Hex visibly sink, his shoulders drop and he almost melts into his seat. Charlie stands from the couch and holds his briefcase by his side "somehow" he mutters to himself.

Hex grunts as he stares down Charlie but he doesn't seem to care. "What the fucks that meant to mean?"

Both Charlie and I ignore Hex.

"Thank you for always being accommodating, Mrs. Rose" I look like a fish as I open and close my mouth in shock before I'm shaken out of it. "I would very much like to not see you again, Mr. Rose" Charlie says, throwing it over his shoulder as he walks towards the front door. The statement seeming rude from anyone else but Charlie makes it feel like a hidden goodbye.

"Charlie, wait!" I exclaim. Charlie freezes just before the front door before slowly turning around, almost like he doesn't truely want to.

I scramble up from my seat, ignoring Hex's confused eyes and head into the kitchen. I grab the bouquet of flowers and shuffle back into the lounge room.

I feel Hex's eyes follow me across the room as I approach Charlie with the flowers.

"What the fuck?" I briefly hear Hex mutter under his breath as he lays eyes on the flowers.

"We wanted to get you something to show our appreciation" I wait for Hex to say something but he remains quiet from behind me. Charlie is hesitant to take the flowers but has no choice when I basically force the bouquet into his arms. "Truely don't know what we would have done without you".

My body feels Hex stand up and walk up behind me, one of his hands grabbing my hip from behind.

Charlie's usual sass seems to have disappeared as it was now his turn to look like a fish as his mouth tried to find the words. He seems utterly gobsmacked that we - well, I - had got him something to show our thanks.

"I, uh-" he stops to clear his throat as he looks down at the flowers. His monotone voice has the slightest tongue of emotion to it but I can't place it. "I've never received flowers before".

I ignore the feeling behind my eyes as I watch Charlie, knowing this is most likely the last time we'll ever see him again.

"Well... now you have" I say softly with a smile. Charlie cracks a small smile for the first time and it whacks me right in the chest.

"Thank you" he goes back to his monotone voice once he clears his throat again. He turns his back to head out the door but is stopped once again.

"Charlie" Hex steps halfway around me and extends his hand. "Thanks" Charlie takes his hand without a word and shakes it.

Hex and I watch in silence as Charlie finally makes it out the front door, flowers in hand.

I pull away from Hex to lock the front door before breathing out a deep breath.

I lay my back against the door as Hex remains where he's standing. The overwhelming feeling of joy fills me. It shows in my eyes and I can feel it in my chest, in my heart and in my brand.

I squeal loudly and jump on Hex. My legs wrapping around his waist and my arms around his neck. He catches me with ease and hugs me to him.

"You're free, Hex!" I laugh and rest my forehead against his as his hands move to my ass and grip tight. "We're free" I say quietly as our noses bump, our eyelashes flutter and our breaths mix.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8M 249K 49
Arrested for a crime he didn't commit, eighteen year old Riley Parker is thrown into a maximum security prison to carry out his sentence. He expecte...
5.1M 157K 67
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! This WattPad version is a well-loved rough draft, enjoy it! But be warned it's t...
557K 18K 42
It's been two years and Hex has served his time but with the restrictions of parole and his mothers illness weighing heavy on his shoulders will he b...
Will he By tanz

Teen Fiction

12.2K 272 46
Let's face it, We all have that one person who we secretly love, the person who's never going to know how much you care about them. The person who w...