Ainz Ooal Gown: Supreme Being...

By AryanMondal

Rating Game went poorly for everyone involved. For Rias, who had to watch her peerage suffer. For Issei, who... More

Arrivals
Set stage
Dance!
Stumble on shoelaces
Knock over the punch bowl
Crash on top of the snack table
Set the curtains on fire
Blame the waitress
Calm your breath
Reach out for a drink
Socialize with the guests
Collide with the hostess
Fall on top of her
Grope her chest by accident
Get escorted out
Return home
Take off your shoes
Fall into your bed( 🍋)
Realize the stove was left on
Fall over when running to kitchen
Find candy under the mat
But the candy was covered with hair
Also, the pizza is burning in the oven
Figure out you could still eat it
Find a burrito in the fridge
And a pretzel in the sofa
Sit down for a midnight snack 🍋
Hear a knock on the door
Its the inquisition, you're under arrest
Pull out a uno card
The inquisitor is under arrest
See a police car drive into your yard 🍋
Its a hostage situation
But the hostess sent the mafia after you
Its a three-way fight
And the front yard is on fire
Give the hostage a gun
But mafia pulls out a rocket launcher
The police calls in an airstrike
Grab a can cannon and a living squid
The Police and Mafia run away in horror
Hostage-inquisitor bats her eyelids
Turns out she's into squid S&M
Show her to your S&M dungeon
Wine and dine her
It turns out she has a daughter
Who happens to be your girlfriend
Call her for a threesome
Escape as she pulls out a strap-on
Slip on the squid
Take cover as you hear a closing whistle
Police air-strike levels your house
Question why police have dive-bombers
Find out it's mostly for invasive hogs
Make a campfire from the debris
Notice that a crowd gathers around it
Sing along as they sing trail songs
But the guy with the banjo is sus
Wiretap his banjo
Banjo-guy turns out to be your side-girl
Slip into the woods with her for a romp
Your girl and the inquisitor join in
Wake up the next morning to hear 'news
Run from your responsibilities
Dread it
Try to haggle with it
But the alimony always arrives
(Do not) take responsibility
Announcement

Get dragged back to the S&M dungeon

397 20 2
By AryanMondal

AARGH!" A man spasmed in pain.

"Mrow..." A girl cowered in fear.

"Hmh. Worthless." A skeletal figure tossed the man aside after holding it up by the face and imbuing him with small amount of Negative Energy through [Negative Energy Touch]- an ability which seemed to deal quite bit of damage to the living, and against all who held divine blood in their veins.

The Overlord General, who had 'evolved' to the rank and 'class' from mere Elder Lich, looked at his 'ally' with frustration in its 'eyes', or rather in the two dim motes of red light that made its 'eyes'. "Worthless. The girl shows potential, but you are less than dirt under my feet."

"Stop abusing my team, creep." a white-haired man commented from the side. "Or I'll have to show you your place."

"Patience, unwitting servant of the Great One." The General turned towards the white-haired man, Vali Lucifer, who leaned against the exterior wall of 'Leviathan manor', or rather the nightmarish mess that vaguely resembled a building after prolonged exposure to the Overlord General's [Black Halo]. The building's creepy aura seemed to extend a few hundred feet to all directions, making the surrounding areas dark as if night had fallen on it despite it being midday outside the 'area'.

"You show promise, girl. Your ability to control illusions will prove invaluable to our task. You, however, are little more than brawn with nothing to back it up. That would be usable in His Great Game, but what brawn you have is next to nothing when it is not backed up by a sharp mind and a well-balanced skill set." The Overlord General advised the boy who wielded a staff after addressing the girl who was cowering on the ground.

The two had been introduced to the General by Vali after Katarina Leviathan had levied more and more complaints about the state of the house, about her servants and her now-shedding hair against the Overlord General, and in an attempt to distract him from the Supreme Being's task- presumably the 'Leviathan' woman had gotten enough of the Overlord General's presence and had wanted to be rid of it until the conference between Three Factions and their ambush of it.

'The girl controls illusions and this 'senjutsu' magic. Her poison abilities will prove quite a boon for us, considering undead are immune to it while the living are severely affected by it. Meanwhile I can perform spells that require a long setup under the guise of her illusions... but the man is absolutely worthless.' The Overlord General evaluated his new 'allies'. 'His ability allows him to shapeshift into a cloud, which protects him but does not serve any purpose for me, has only basic close combat abilities with no resistance to crowd controls such as [Paralyze], and is living so is affected negatively by the girl's abilities and mine. Worthless, in other words.'

He didn't bother remembering the insect's names, only that they apparently belonged to 'Vali's Team', or rather the team the 'spy' had brought with him to the Khaos Brigade. Apparently the team had more than three members, but the others were serving the Khaos Brigade elsewhere.

'I can't wait to show my growth to the Supreme Being...' The Overlord General's mind was calm as it pondered the future, casually reaching to grab the still disoriented, staff-wielding man and lifting him up by the face once again as he failed his final 'test', that of shaking off the stupor from absorbing Negative Energy which was be the most basic requirement of having a place in the Overlord General's ranks. 'I should be able to defeat that 'Belial' when the Supreme One brings him to me, since my abilities have expanded due to the amount of souls I've consumed and the 'levels' I've gained which in turn should allow me to deal more damage than he can negate by reducing my abilities. Thinking of which...'

He tightened his grip around the staff-wielding man's head, imbuing it with stronger [Negative Energy Touch] and extending his [Aura of Despair] to deter the two others from interfering.

The man's skull cracked like a ripe melon, and the Overlord General used [Sacrifice] to turn the very soul of the worthless pawn into experience for himself. 'Hm. Indeed, the local's souls have outstanding potency, but waste their potential... Just what kind of fool specializes in pure melee combat without having countermeasures against crowd control effects? Or ranged combat? Or skirmishing?'

"Bikou! No!" Vali shouted. "Dammit! We're your allies, monster!"

"Allies? Indeed, and that is why I granted this pawn in the Great Game the honor of sacrificing his soul to me, to strengthen me as he would have been useless in the front lines. You two, however, have strengthened yourself in a more meaningful way than this wretch, so you serve the Supreme Being better as you are than as part of me." The Overlord General sighed, or rather made the motions as it had no lungs. It knew its Master liked to 'sigh' to convey his annoyance with fools. It was the Overlord General's secret pleasure to try to mimic the Supreme Being's actions, as it made it feel closer to its inscrutable and peerless Master. 'These fools are so... ignorant. Do they not understand the glory that is being in His service? To be a tool in His plans? Perhaps not. An ant does not know why they build a hive, only that they do.'

The General tossed the empty shell of the man to the ground a few feet away, and the dark ground rose to consume the body with a sickening lurch. 'Hm, this one is growing nicely...'

The [Necroswarm Giant] let out a chorus of screams and cries, which was its way of thanking for a meal, as it consumed the empty and broken mortal vessel before melding back to the ground.

"So much death... so much death, such insanity... Mrrrowww..." The girl muttered while sitting on the ground, her limbs splayed around her powerlessly like if she was a doll with her strings cut. "I'm scared, help me, Vali, I'll have your babies... Mrooww..."

Apparently this 'senjutsu' allows one to see the 'life of the world'... I'm assuming that seeing me is causing quite a bit of mental damage to this one.' The Overlord General scratched his chin with his bony fingers, like how it instinctively knew its Master would when contemplating His Great Game. "Shake off your stupor, insect. Or will you rather serve the Supreme One as part of my power?"

The girl snapped out of her stupor from the words that caused her body to flinch violently and her cat-ears to flatten against her head. She instinctively squeezed her arms on either side of her chest to better bring her breasts to view from the folds of her yukata-clothing. "Y-yes, master..."

The Overlord General 'sighed' again at the cat-eared female's actions. 'This fool attempted to seduce me when she met me as well... At least her intelligence is high enough that she stopped that worthless play soon after realizing it did not work. And why did she think she could seduce a servant of the Supreme One with something as disgusting and base as showing her mammaries to me? Not to mention an Overlord, a variant of a skeleton with no base urges such as reproduction? Fools, I am surrounded by fools...'

"Good. Now, let us return to our training." The Overlord General moved on before it could lower the mental 'value' of the cat-eared girl even further. "I have a certain spell that takes a long time to cast, and your illusions allow me to unleash it before our enemies can react to it. Cover me with your illusions during the ambush on the Three Factions, and..."

.

.

.

'Seriously, what the hell?!' Vali creeped away from the skeletal figure as it 'trained' with the nekoshou of Vali's team, Kuroka, who was shaking like a leaf and sending Vali desperate glances. 'Dammit, only if Azazel didn't tell me to keep a low profile and spy on the bastards... Albion! Stop telling me not to fight it!'

Vali was fairly certain he could squash the skeletal figure that was tormenting the team, but was held back by the Vanishing Dragon who was getting seriously creepy feelings from the undead being.

'I advise caution. We might be able to win easily if we get the first strike off and [Divide] it a few times, like with that 'Momon'... Even though he was possibly that bastard from back then, only weakened to a great degree and with a new skin and life. But I have a feeling that this undead being is deliberately trying to provoke us and is expecting us to make the first move and is prepared to intercept if we try to strike at it, in which case we'll only manage to blow our cover and likely end up surrounded on all sides. It may have suspected that you are spying on it.' Albion's voice was strained as it no doubt struggled between its urges to fight a strong foe, survival instinct, and a smidgeon of approval for the creature's strength. 'It has access to soul magics, this much is certain, so fighting it and losing might not only forfeit your life, but our souls as well. Take caution. Neither of us wish to perish against a foe other than the Red Dragon Emperor. Moreover we're in the center of the enemy's stronghold- if you decide to move against this monster, do so during the ambush against the Three Factions. We should keep our distance to it until then.'

Vali ground his teeth together. 'First that 'Momon', now this... Just you wait, I'll crush you all.'

'Just surface already, Ddraig, I need to punch your face in... ' Albion added his frustration to Vali's.

.

.

.

Koneko shivered..

The memory of the evil depths, her mind breaking under the pressure and her unleashing Senjutsu weighed on her mind. In addition...

"Pat, pat pat..." A hand was petting Koneko's head, which had sprouted a pair of cat-ears, complete with her molester voicing what she did. "I don't know why, but for some reason I feel kinda odd when near you, Koneko-chan. Kinda calm."

"Creep." Koneko noted and Xuelan wilted a bit. The two, or rather the three of them, were sitting in a lounge with Yubelluna since the two older women had ambushed Koneko after breakfast and had dragged the girl there.

"Hey, we're both girls so it's okay!" Xuelan protested as she pat Koneko's head nonconsensually. "Plus, we're both in the same Peerage right now so we should be comfortable enough to get in petting distance!"

"You're still a creep." Koneko added, keeping her internal dread from impacting her monotone voice. "I am not a housecat."

"Uwaah..." Xuelan looked sad.

"Come now, Xuelan-chan." Yubelluna, who was filing her nails nearby, cheered up the girl. "If Koneko-chan is uncomfortable with you petting her, then just let her be. We'll have time to get used to each other's presence... Ohoho, and perhaps in time we'll be very comfortable in each other's presence, if Momon-san mimics Riser's style more than with his clothes..."

"Creep, number two." Koneko leveled a flat stare at the violet-haired woman.

"You're adorable." Yubelluna pat Koneko's head as well, drawing a hiss from the girl.

A sudden feeling of dread washed over Koneko, causing hairs to stand on ends all over her body. 'Wha- what? What was that?'

The sudden, cold and alien feeling felt like the Deep from before, and it was close... and afterwards the feeling turned numb, as if it had been reduced from a scalpel to a dull butter knife.

"D-did you two feel that?" Koneko asked, frightened as the oddly now-muted and wobbly feeling continued to radiate from somewhere in the Phenix mansion-palace..

"No? What happened?" Yubelluna looked confused as she glanced around the normal-looking room.

'S-Senjutsu! It- it's partially active!' Koneko realized, horrified, as she deduced the method of her 'premonition' even if she didn't know what it had sensed. "You two... need to get away. Now. Right now. Bad."

"Oh... Sorry, I didn't think you'd be that opposed to some petting." Xuelan looked depressed. "I didn't mean to trigger some bad memories, or something..."

"No... Not that, get away, bad, I can't... I'm going to..." Koneko retreated to her shell by drawing her knees against her chest and curling into a ball on the fluffy couch she had been sitting on.

Xuelan withdrew from her with sadness in her eyes, as did Yubelluna. "We're sorry, Koneko-chan... We didn't mean to hurt you."

'That's not... That's not what I mean, but if I tell you, then you'll crowd around me and... and I might release Senjutsu, and...' Koneko shivered as she recalled her older sister, Kuroka, who had lost control over her powers and killed her master. The old master of both Koneko and Kuroka. The older sister had then disappeared somewhere, declared stray and criminal for slaying her master, and it was widely known that she had been driven insane by the power of Senjutsu that she had displayed openly.

'I don't want to become like that... I don't want to hurt anyone close to me...' Koneko shivered as she was left alone in the lounge and she quickly dashed out, reaching her room and diving under the blanket.

Finally alone, so she could cry in her despair.

With only her nightmares, fears and the oddly wobbly otherworldly feeling to accompany her.

Momonga felt a bit victorious as the [Boosted Gear] seemed to bond with him without issues. 'Good, that's one Ero-World Class item I can use... I'll have to see about acquiring or making more. [Divine Dividing] won't be too much of use for me, but I can potentially slot it to someone like Koneko, etcetera, who has to engage the enemy up close... After I figure out their loyalties, of course.'

He wasn't too worried about taking the gear off, as he had found out that un-equipping a [Sacred Gear] killed the wielder, but he figured that his body's new-found [Immortality] thanks to the Phoenix set of abilities should just resurrect it when he pulled the [Boosted Gear] off, and if that failed, her could use a YGGDRASIL health potion to restore it...

"Assuming, of course, that the un-equipping process you think of targets the body you inhibit, and not your soul." A voice echoed in Momonga's thoughts, causing him to pause. "You might want to consider the possibility."

"Ddraig. I believe we had a deal...?" Momonga felt a bit wary over the dragon's voice in his thoughts. Or rather, he felt outright paranoid.

"No peeking into memories. Thoughts weren't included in the deal." Ddraig reminded him. "Although, I feel like I would prefer to be in that pocket dimension of yours... That bird-thing is seriously creeping me out, and that... whatever that thing is that is trying to crawl out of a chasm is causing the scales in my neck to stand on ends."

Momonga 'looked' into his mental-scape to discover that his mental 'self-image' had gained an extra 'occupant' in the form of a huge dragon which eyed his 'plushies' and 'parts of self' with wary eyes.

"Wait, if those memoirs I've read describe them accurately, these would be... Um, Peroroncino-sama and Touch Me-sama? Who is the third person? A devil of some sort? He's seriously creepy, for a human-like being." The dragon commented on Momonga's 'mental companions'. And his self-image.

'Well, sorry for being creepy, you peeping dragon...' Momonga felt annoyed over the creature's description of his 'true self' while he contemplated possible solutions to the scaly problem at hand. 'Those are just my thoughts and memories on different subject matters, separated into mental projections and given the form of the guildmates I had in Ainz Ooal Gown...'

"Wha- who- oh? Wait, that's your... You?" The dragon seemed quite surprised as it eyed the human, Suzuki Satoru, who eyed the dragon warily back.

'Right, time-out box it is...' Momonga reached to grab the red gauntlet that suddenly materialized around his left arm.

He tried to pull it off, and felt light-headed as he 'un-equipped' it, or rather tried to. The item seemed to drain 'Momonga's health in addition to draining the host body's health as the Ero-World Class item slowly moved out of his body, forcing him to stop as he realized he'd run out of 'health' as soon as he got the item off.

The item that had turned again into a small mote of light re-entered Momonga's body after it had come to view once again but hadn't quite managed to detach from it.

A sudden feeling of panic and surprise was squashed as [Emotion Suppression] activated, causing his emotional state to return to normal. 'Well then. It looks like we'll have to get comfortable with each other for the time being, Ddraig.'

"You're seriously creepy, you know..."

'That description does not make me happy...' Momonga despaired, and then [Emotion Suppression] activated to turn his mindset from despair to calculated kindness. 'Well then, I suppose I should ask what makes you uncomfortable? We'll be like this for a while, so we might as well get more comfortable with one another.'

"Beside you?" Ddraig eyed the mental projections of him warily inside the barren world of his mental self-image. "I suppose weakness. I really dislike weak things, both those who are weak physically and even more so who are weak mentally. I doubt that's going to be a problem with you, though..."

Momonga sighed. 'I'll have to inform him of the Elder Lich situation...'

"I can hear your thoughts, you know." Ddraig commented. "Elder Lich? Was that the rogue operative you mentioned?"

'Quite so. Although, it's less of a 'rogue operative' and more 'it took my orders a bit too literally and started a massacre which snowballed into outright war between the 'supreme being', that is my 'undead magic caster' self and the Three Factions'.' Momonga thought with a sigh, preparing for the worst even though he didn't really know what he'd do in the worst-case situation, considering how linked he and Ddraig seemed to be. 'I've been under surveillance ever since so I haven't really had a chance to contact it again, outside one time when it mistook my orders to calm down and start doing something more productive as 'rampage even more and engage in an open war against the Underworld'.'

"Quite the blunder." The dragon seemed to pause. "Heh, a war against the Three Factions... With a wielder like you, and if we get in touch with Albion soon and manage to strike a truce, however unlikely that might be, we might be able to get some payback on those pompous, self-righteous, arrogant fools that chained me and him to these [Sacred Gears]..."

'I take it that you approve?' Momonga asked mentally. 'Hm, I thought that you would be a bit more against the idea of me ruling over all, considering your questions when we first met.'

"I remember asking if you planned on destroying everything, like some sort of world-eating calamity that devoured this world until nothing but a ball of cracked dirt remained." The dragon noted dryly. "...And while we're at it, I seriously hope that you don't plan on becoming some nine-to-five salaryman. If you tried to destroy all creation or something equally ridiculously self-defeating I'd have probably moved to stand against you, assuming you didn't just slay me outright, but ruling over all and squashing the Three Factions in a bloody war is something I can totally get behind."

'Somehow I guessed that it'd be the case...' Momonga sighed, as he had gathered as much after looking through the dragon's memories, but it was good to confirm it anyway. 'Anyway, can you not look into my thoughts all the time? That is... distressing.'

"I can not comment on what I hear, if that makes you feel better?" Ddraig offered. "Erm, do you think you could get something soft to lie on in here? Like a pile of gold coins or something? Don't mean to impose, but this cracked-dry land is seriously damaging my scales."

'I'll see what I can do...' Momonga promised.

"Also, can I get the manga in here?" Ddraig looked like he wanted to push his luck.

'How do you propose I do that? You're no longer in my inventory, you're in my head. I can't just push a volume of manga through my ear into my mind. And if you ask me to read some for you, forget it.' Momonga felt a vein pulse in the temple of his host body's head. 'If you want to read some of your magical girl manga, then you'd better find a way for me to un-equip you so I can put you back in my Inventory.'

Ddraig wailed in despair.

Momonga felt victorious.

'I'll have to see if I can covertly use [Boosted Gear] before my training-duel with Serafall...' Momonga thought, then paused as the dragon let out a 'squee'.

"You know that magical girl from the manga? Can you get me an autograph?"

Momonga sighed.

.

.

.

"So that's how it is, then." Lord Mengelsk Phenix, or rather the face the Overlord Wiseman wore, spoke to a pair of 'people' who had requested his presence soon after the undead creature had sent the 'Pillar families' an update on the status of his family, namely that he'd 'resume' his role as the head of Phenix family.

'Lord Phenix' had sent a message to the Maous as well, informing them of his 'recovery' and re-stated position as the head of the family, but had not waited for their response before departing to answer the call of a certain other Pillar family.

The skin-suited undead creature had then used the travel time to contemplate his future actions, and the task his Master had given him in relation to the request to visit and what was likely asked of him and Him. The Overlord Wiseman had come to the conclusion that the situation was pre-planned by his Master, and thus the creature had gone along with the visit request and heard the persons out.

Of course, to properly understand what was being asked the Wisemand had to draw from the memories given to him for the task to make full sense of what the people inviting him to their palace had been talking about. That too made sense to the Overlord Wiseman as the memories had been given to him precisely so he could perform up to his Master's expectations.

Therefore, everything made sense, and the Overlord Wiseman had gone along with Sitri Family's request to visit their territory.

The two family heads had exchanged basic greetings as well as the host family offering their sympathies for the lost son of the Phenix family, and gladness that Lord Phenix had recovered after his 'kidnapping'. Afterwards the host family had gone straight to the reason why they had called 'Lord Phenix', namely...

"Indeed. Sona needs someone to guide her from her harebrained idea of creating an open school for low-caste devils like human-born devils, and 're-inventing' our already perfectly functional legal system to have more rights for lower-castes and abolishment of arranged marriages." A man waved his hand vaguely. "With Serafall approving of this suitor, and with your reassurances that this 'Momon Phenix' is both of highest moral fiber, is indeed a son of your family even if the circumstances around his adoption were..."

"...Were quite unusual, albeit something I can agree with. You've heard of his exploits from Serafall-sama, yes?" 'Lord Phenix' handwaved the male devil's concerns. "While he may not be my son through blood, strictly speaking, I've had a quick run-down of the situation through Ajuka Beelzebub who contacted me after I was, hm, brought back to life by Momon. Unfortunately I was forced to provide my wife and daughter to him as a reward for this resurrection, mostly because my foolish ex-wife had panicked during the haggling process and offered herself."

"How thoughtless of her. Here I thought this Momon had performed something... unbecoming or Lady Phenix, sorry, Caitlin Phenix had chosen to abandon you, both of which would reflect badly on all parties involved. Even though the situation within your family strictly speaking doesn't involve me, I wish to know what sort of person Serafall approves as a suitor for Sona." Lord Sitri looked a bit reassured after hearing his words, and he adjusted his position on the massive chair the man was sitting on. Beside him was his wife, Lady Sitri, and the three of them were situated in the Sitri castle, in Sitri family's territory of the Underworld. "Regardless, your words put my heart at ease even though I am saddened by your loss of Caitlin. But moving on, and in truth, getting a potential suitor for Sona has been... difficult."

"What my dear husband is saying is that Serafall has a tendency to arrange an... accident whenever we try." Lady Sitri noted dryly. "That, or Sona beats them in a challenge. However, seeing that Serafall seems to approve of your adopted son, I feel that this might be an opportune moment for us to arrange a marriage that actually goes through. Sona is the heiress of the Sitri family, and unless she gets a sister or a brother, she needs to spawn an offspring to ensure the continuation of the Sitri family as her sister has become Maou, thus forfeiting that title."

"Naturally." 'Lord Phenix agreed. 'Haah, these inferior beings and their worthless back-and-forth politics... Ah well. Political games are well structured and even more predictable, so it should be easy to manipulate these fools into dancing to the Supreme B- Master's strings. Of course, they already are, but if I am to rule this world in His stead and in His name, then I'll need to establish more hands-on control as I can't hope to reach the same heights of control Master can exert over these worms with his mere existence alone. The religion my fellow servant spreads will help to control the lower masses, and I can control the nobles through politics...'

"The children Sona bears will, naturally, carry the Sitri name instead of Phenix." The woman paused for a while, then continued as she seemed to come to the end of her contemplations while the Overlord Wiseman was embroiled in his. "Moreover while Phenix's lineage is not worthless, even if it does not reach the heights such as Gremory or Belial. Of course, that matters little as your son is actually not your blood but the scion of some mutt from the Human World."

Overlord Wiseman thanked [Emotion Suppression] for activating as it stopped him from outright slaying the woman for her barb- If only because the barb was directed at the flesh his master occupied, and not to the true Being that controlled the body.

"...However, I imagine Sona will learn to behave if she draws from the teachings you'll teach your adopted son... After all, bitter medicine is easily swallowed when it is coated in sugar." Lady Sitri continued, unaware of how close to death she had strayed with her careless words. "After she learns her place through your son we can then have your surviving sons bed Sona and give her pure-blooded sons and daughters while you ensure your adopted son will not sire a half-breed offspring when the two of them engage each other romantically. That should give all of us what we want, no?"

The Overlord Wiseman thanked his Master for [Emotion Suppression] in his thoughts once again as he managed to ignore the roundabout insult to his Master's body with just a slight tick of annoyance in its fleshy body's jaw. The woman in front of him seemed to take the display of annoyance as him being annoyed at her low estimate of 'Phenix family lineage' instead of one leveled against the Wiseman's disguised Master, so the situation didn't escalate... for now. 'I'll have to see about ruining the Sitri family in the future for this insult.'

"Quite. Regardless of the physical breed of my... adopted son, I assure you that the soul that inhibits the mortal vessel is no mere reincarnated devil. Of that I am certain, and you are informed of the same as well if you've kept an ear on the recent news." The Overlord Wiseman ground out and Lady Sitri shrugged. "So you need not be worried that-"

"Honestly, I've handwaved much of it off as rubbish and hogwash aimed to entertain and distract the lower castes who embroil themselves with such trifles. The outrage of the Fallen daring to invade our capital is enough already to stir the masses into motion." Lady Sitri sniffed in contempt. "This recent talk about 'True God' this and that is a joke made in poor taste and with poorer execution, if what I've gathered is remotely accurate. A grand jest by someone who dressed up a doll with feathers and put it over a lake, if I recall. Ah, well, at least it shows your adopted son has some savviness as a scam artist, as I imagine that misleading a bunch of low-caste rabble into following them might require some skill. Moreover I seriously doubt that 'Momon' actually resurrected you, seeing that I recall your lineage have [Immortality] that does so automatically, so you might wish to stop spreading that lie and jest as it will damage the reputation of your family, and if we are to join ours, then it will damage ours by association."

"Perhaps. Now, if we move on to performing contracts..." The Overlord General thanked his regulated emotions on his knees, mentally of course, as it was the only thing keeping him from accidentally breaking His orders, shedding his 'devil' skin and electrocuting the woman, her husband, her castle and her territory to ash with [Call Greater Thunder] from the insults the woman leveled against his Master. "I hereby give my blessing for your daughter to challenge my adopted son to a duel through Rating Game, in a single combat. I call a wager for his victory."

"I shall give your adopted son the hand of my daughter, Sona Sitri, should he win. Should he lose, your family will pay us a sum stipulated in this contract." Lord Sitri moved a page containing the wager in front of Lord Phenix with ease and with a flourish that bordered ridicule- no doubt the man believed that there was no way Serafall would lose, and even if she did, that he'd profit from it in the end as it would allow them to go with the plan Lady Sitri detailed. "As this engagement is made as a wager, it forfeits the usual rule for a bride to waver the engagement should she challenge her suitor and win. Do you agree to these terms?"

"Of course." 'Lord Phenix's eyes barely glanced at the paper. 'Psh, as if my Master would lose...'

The Overlord Wiseman wrote the name of Lord Phenix on the paper with little care, only checking the page for signs of betrayal or schadenfreude and spending little thought for the money wager which would put the Phenix family in the red for hundreds of years should his Master lose.

'I can't wait to tell my Master of the good news, how I executed his will...' The disguised Overlord Wiseman felt joy as he stood up, shook hands with Lord Sitri and Lady Sitri, and turned to exit the castle and return to 'his' territory. 'Now, I'll only have to detour in my host body's office to write up the engagement papers for 'Ravel Phenix' and my Master, and I'll be ready to report to Him... I can't wait!'

Elsewhere in the same general area:

"YOU DID WHAT?"

"Waa! So-tan has a scary face!"

The castle wobbled a bit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866K 40.3K 172
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
797K 31.4K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
931K 39.2K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
873K 46.1K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...