We're Different Than the Rest

By Chuch1ofPant0ra

Aayla and Bly grow closer to one another every day of the Clone Wars. An AU of Blyla where the Clone Wars end... More

Chapter One: The War Begins
Chapter Two: Corellia
Chapter Three: Maridun
Chapter Four: Chat
Chapter 5: Aftermath of the Zillo
Chapter 6: Battle... Again
Chapter 7: Are You Okay?
Chatper 8: Training Sabers
Chapter 9: Holo Night
Chapter 10: Sparring Tournament
Chapter 11: 79's
Chapter 12: Food Fiasco
Chapter 13: Afraid, General?
Chapter 14: Undercover
Chapter 15: The Gala
Chapter 16: Injured
Chapter 17: Safe At Last
Chapter 18: Medbay
Chapter 19: Promoted
Chapter 20: Leaving
Chapter 21: Gone Away and Back Again
Chapter 22: With You Till the End of the Line
Chapter 23: Chancellor Defeated
Chapter 24: Stolen Moments
Chapter 25: Going to Sicemon
Chapter 26: The Perfect Start Part One
Chapter 27: The Perfect Start Part Two
Chapter 28: A Warm Welcome
Chapter 29: Lothcats In the Meadow
Chapter 30: Payback
Chapter 31: The Invitation
Chapter 32: The Scheme
Chapter 33: Coruscant
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: The Zothique
Chapter 36: Before We Leave
Chapter 37: Going Back Home
Chapter 39: The Crushing Palace Wall
Chapter 40: The Offer
Chapter 41: The Answer
Chapter 42: Setting A Date
Chapter 43: What We've Been Waiting For
Epilogue: Two Years Later
Sincerely, The Author

Chapter 38: Work in Progress

124 5 1
By Chuch1ofPant0ra

Aayla and Bly spent a whole two weeks of the summer working on the LAAT in attempt to make it a home-like ship, instead of war craft.

They started with the cockpit, buying and putting on new seats. They picked out two black leather seats, both of which had a brown leather stripe down the middle of the seat. The seats had two armrests each, and were reclinable.

Secondly, they worked on the bathroom. It was all made of durasteel, which was incredibly military grade. To replace the durasteel sink, Aayla and Bly bought a semi-durasteel sink with a granite basin. They tiled the walls, covering them in Herringbone tiles.

Their third job was to work on the main hanger. They decided to permanently weld one of the large side doors closed, but leave one able to open. The smaller door on the side would suffice. Aayla and Bly painted the inside a light shade of yellow, in tribute to the 327th. They changed the slots in the large doors to windows, making sure to use transparisteel that was made for space craft. Dhara had pitched in and had sewn yellow curtains for the windows that matched the color of 327th armor. Aayla's decision to hang fairy lights on the ceiling of the hanger overruled Bly's veto to the idea. Bly and Aayla had put in a couch in the back of the hanger. It took up the entire width of the hanger, but it fit the vibe of the room. The convenient part of the couch was that it could unfold into a queen size bed, which fit nicely in the hanger. Aayla placed a rug under the couch and in front of it, so that the floor would be able to sit on. Bly had added a small Dejarik table and booth on the other side of the room. A small cabinet was on the wall, containing some food, water bottles, medical supplies, and bed sheets for when the couch became a bed.

Bly and Aayla were both proud of how the LAAT turned out.

"Want to test it out?" Aayla asked while sitting on the couch in the LAAT, the door open and a slight breeze flowing into the room.

"Like, fly it?" Bly questioned.

"Go somewhere with it. Hyperspace. To another planet."

"Adventurous much?" Bly chuckled.

"What did you expect? I was constantly traveling as a padawan."

"Where would you want to go?"

"Maybe Ryloth?" Aayla said, but it was more of a question. "It's where I was born, but I've never actually been there- that I remember at least."

"We could do that."

"Or Kamino." Aayla offered.

"I'm going to veto that." Bly said immediately, not wanting to go back.

"Fair enough. Ahsoka mentioned Naboo, but that's really mainstream. I don't want to go to a busy planet. Just somewhere we can go and have some quiet."

"What about Simocadia?" Bly said after a minute of silence. "The war is over, we could fly in and just park on a mountain and camp in the LAAT for a few days. We could watch the sunrise every morning."

"I-" Aayla stopped.

"Or we don't need to. We could go somewhere else." Bly offered, pulling Aayla closer.

"No. That sounds nice. As long as we don't go undercover in the palace." Aayla smiled weakly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Bly."

"When do you want to go?"

"Three days?" Aayla offered.

"Three days it is. We can stay there for three, or not. We could stop anywhere on the way there or back."

"Let's just plan on Simocadia for now." Aayla  looked up at Bly. "I'll tell Faylin tomorrow. And start packing."

"I'll tell the boys."

"I'm excited."

"Me too."

.oOo.

Once again, sorry for the short chapter. BUT the next few chapters will be REALLY good!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 529 47
The 327th star corps jedi general Aayla secura and commander CC-5052 nicknamed Bly have been fighting alongside each other for years this is an alter...
92.6K 1.6K 71
Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of its characters. Disney does. I only only own my OC's. These do not follow story lines and also focuses m...
3.1K 80 13
Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, along with Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, Commander Cody, and Padmé Amidala are sent on a mission by the Jedi Council...
212 6 5
They promised each other forever. They promised each other that their love with withstand the war, the pressure, the burdens of leadership, and the i...