We're Different Than the Rest

Από Chuch1ofPant0ra

Aayla and Bly grow closer to one another every day of the Clone Wars. An AU of Blyla where the Clone Wars end... Περισσότερα

Chapter One: The War Begins
Chapter Two: Corellia
Chapter Three: Maridun
Chapter Four: Chat
Chapter 5: Aftermath of the Zillo
Chapter 6: Battle... Again
Chapter 7: Are You Okay?
Chatper 8: Training Sabers
Chapter 9: Holo Night
Chapter 10: Sparring Tournament
Chapter 11: 79's
Chapter 12: Food Fiasco
Chapter 13: Afraid, General?
Chapter 14: Undercover
Chapter 15: The Gala
Chapter 16: Injured
Chapter 17: Safe At Last
Chapter 18: Medbay
Chapter 19: Promoted
Chapter 20: Leaving
Chapter 21: Gone Away and Back Again
Chapter 22: With You Till the End of the Line
Chapter 23: Chancellor Defeated
Chapter 24: Stolen Moments
Chapter 25: Going to Sicemon
Chapter 26: The Perfect Start Part One
Chapter 27: The Perfect Start Part Two
Chapter 28: A Warm Welcome
Chapter 29: Lothcats In the Meadow
Chapter 30: Payback
Chapter 31: The Invitation
Chapter 32: The Scheme
Chapter 33: Coruscant
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 36: Before We Leave
Chapter 37: Going Back Home
Chapter 38: Work in Progress
Chapter 39: The Crushing Palace Wall
Chapter 40: The Offer
Chapter 41: The Answer
Chapter 42: Setting A Date
Chapter 43: What We've Been Waiting For
Epilogue: Two Years Later
Sincerely, The Author

Chapter 35: The Zothique

206 6 28
Από Chuch1ofPant0ra

Aayla woke up the next morning laying comfortably in Bly's arms. The Coruscant sun was shining through the window curtain. Air speeder horns created a concert outside, which made Aayla groan in frustration as she woke up. She had grown up waking up to that sound everyday, but the noise made her realize how much she loved Sicemon's quiet mornings. Aayla had been laying awake in Bly's arms for ten minutes when she heard her datapad buzz. She used the Force to bring the datapad to her hand, and see what the notification was. Aayla opened her messages and had a single message.

Hi Aayla! It's Ahsoka! Would you and Bly want to do something with Rex and I today? :)

Aayla smiled at Ahsoka's message and set her datapad down.

"Bly." She ran her thumb across the tattoos on Bly's face.

He smiled as he woke up, "morning." Bly refused to open his eyes.

"Ahsoka asked if we wanted to do something with her and Rex today. What do you think?"

Bly pulled Aayla closer before answering. "Is it like the double date from the movie Wolfpack made us watch?" He chuckled as he asked.

"I think so."

"Okay."

The two laid in comfortable silence for a minute.

"Do you realize that will be our first official date?" Bly asked.

"No, we had the one dinner in the LAAT." Aayla protested.

"That was a bet that I lost, cyar'ika. We weren't together."

"Yeah, then I guess it is." Aayla moved her head from under Bly's chin and looked up at him. "We need to go on more dates, I guess."

"I guess so, cyar'ika." Bly kissed her forehead.

"Okay, so we're meeting Ahsoka and Rex at Zothique at 13:00 (1pm). So we can't be late." Aayla instructed Bly as she walked back into their room from eating her breakfast. "It's a very fancy restaurant, so dress nice." Aayla paused as she scanned her clothes. "Do you have a suit that you could wear?"

"I do actually." Bly walked up behind Aayla, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I got it at the mall."

"Look at you being prepared." Aayla laughed.

"I'm responsible sometimes." Bly stressed 'sometimes.'

"I'll be right back." Aayla left the room and walked into Faylin's. "Hey, Faylin. Can I ask a favor?"

"Yeah, of course!" Faylin smiled sweetly and set down the holobook that she was reading.

"Do you have any fancy clothes I can borrow? Bly and I are going to a fancy restaurant and I have nothing to wear that's nice enough."

"Ummmm. Let me check really quick. I think I bought a dress at the mall that would be perfect." Faylin quickly scrambled to her wardrobe and searched through her clothes. "Ah ha! Here we go!"

Faylin pulled out a dress. "Try it on!" She handed it to Aayla and shoved her in the bathroom.
A minute later, Aayla walked out.

"Yes!! You look so pretty!" Faylin complimented Aayla.

"Thanks! Are you sure I can borrow it, though?"

"Yeah, of course!"

"Do you know how to do makeup?" Aayla asked, slightly embarrassed. "I've only done it once, when I was undercover."

"I do! My sister went through a phase where she was obsessed and she taught me how to do some."

"Would you mind doing some for me?"

"Sid! Reno!" Bly walked out of his suite and into the main room.

"What di'kut?" Reno said while eating some
Mantell Mix.

"I don't know how to tie this thing!" Bly said as he attempted to tie his tie for the eight time.

"Ha!" Reno shouted. "I can do something that you can't!"

Bly rolled his eyes at Reno.

"Come here, di'kut." Reno tied Bly's tie very quickly.

"You need to teach me how to do that." Bly complained.

"Nope!" Reno popped the 'p' and continued eating Mantell Mix. "I like being able to do something you can't."

"Whatever." Bly laughed and stole some of Reno's popcorn.

"Yeah, fair enough. I honestly deserved that one."
Bly sat down next to Reno, who was at the dining table.

"Why are you so fancy?" Reno raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Aayla and I are going to Zothique with Rex and Ahsoka."

"Isn't that the super fancy one?"

"Yeah."

"Have fun paying that bill." Reno joked with his vod.

"Yeah, well Ahsoka suggested it so we couldn't really say no."

"Have fun." Reno gave a sarcastic smile, with a grin.

"I plan on-"

Faylin's bedroom door opened and Bly looked over. He was speechless.

Aayla walked out in a fitted navy blue gown. Only one shoulder had a sleeve, which covered her entire arm with navy blue and silver embroidered flowers. The skirt just barley brushed the floor, and had a slit that went up to Aayla's knee. Her shoes, which she had also borrowed from Faylin, matched the dress perfectly; they were tall navy blue stiletto's. She didn't have much in term of lekku wraps, but she had found a beaded strand that was silver to accompany the outfit.

"Ready to go?" She asked Bly.

"You look beautiful. Not that you don't always- but..."

"Thank you, Bly." Ayala took Bly's arm as he offered it to her.

"Wait!" Faylin said. "Pictures!"

"Oh yes! My little baby is all grown up." Reno said in a fake sad voice as he grabbed his data pad.

Once Faylin and Reno were content with the pictures they got, Ayala and Bly were allowed to leave.

.oOo.

When Aayla and Bly walked into Zothique, the hostess led them to the table where Rex and Ahsoka were already sitting. After fast greetings, the group dove into conversation quickly.

"So where are you guys..." Ahsoka struggled to find her next word, "stay-liv-ing?" Her voice got quiet.

"We are living on Sicemon. It's a small planet in the outer rim." Aayla answered with a smile.
"It is really peaceful, especially compared to Coruscant." Bly looked over at Aayla and smiled sweetly.

"That's awesome!" Ahsoka's smile radiated with happiness.

"What about you two?" Aayla asked. She felt weird asking, since Ahsoka was much younger than her.

"We moved to Naboo with Anakin and Padmé. It's not permanent, but we're living in the guest suite of Varykino, which is the name of Padmé's lake house". Ahsoka explained.

"That must be gorgeous!" Aayla said.

"It really is. The best part is that we get to play with Luke and Leia all day." Rex chimed in.

"Luke and Leia?" Bly asked.

"Anakin and Padmé's twins." Ahsoka answered.
Bly nodded in understanding.

Their food came quickly after it was ordered. Along with the food came more conversations about important topics and miscellaneous things.
The group sat at the table for an hour after they finished eating, when they decided to go do something else. Due to all of their outfits being formal, not much was on the list of possibilities.

The Zothique had a ballroom for open dancing for those who ate at the restaurant, so the group decided to go dance.

"Oh! Sorry!" Rex said when he stepped on Ahsoka's small foot.

"You're fine, Rex. Just follow my lead." She laughed.

"Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?"

"Only if you're sexist." Ahsoka gave her infamous smirk.

"Then lead the way," Rex said with a little smile.
Rex tripped over Ahsoka's long sparkly maroon skirt multiple times, but managed to not fall every time- of which he was quite proud.

"You're getting a lot better!" Bly said, seeing as how Aayla had only stepped on his feet twice.

"That's good, because I am concentrating so hard right now." She continued staring at her feet, never looking up.

Aayla felt a warm hand lift her chin up.

"Hi."

"Hi." She said, immediately looking back down.

"Aayla."

"Yeah?" Aayla kept staring at her feet.

"Look at me, cyar'ika."

"But then I'll step on your feet."

"I'm okay with that." Bly smiled as Aayla looked up at him.

They had made it multiple steps without Aayla stepping on Bly's feet.

"There you go." Bly smiled.

"Did I ever tell you that your eyes are amazing?" Aayla said randomly after a few seconds of silence.

Bly blushed and looked down.

"Hey, look at me." Aayla said, teasing him with his own words.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

The group danced for about an hour when their feet started to hurt. They said their goodbyes, which were a little emotional, before going their separate ways.

"It was nice to see them again." Aayla smiled as she rested her head on Bly's shoulder in the sky taxi on the way back to the hotel.

"It was."

"I like Faylin's heels, but my feet hurt a lot after dancing." Aayla said.

The rest of the ride was spent in silence. Not awkward, but comfortable.

When the taxi stopped on the landing platform for their hotel, Bly picked up Aayla bridal style.
"Bly, what are you doing?"

"You said your feet hurt."

Aayla relaxed in his arms. "Thank you."

"Of course, cyar'ika. Anytime."

.oOo.

Hi readers!!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's a little different than my normal, but I really had fun writing it.
By the way, the Zothique is a real restaurant on Coruscant. I do not know if it's actually fancy, but go on Fandom and find restaurants on Coruscant. The Zothique is the last one on the (very) long list.
Thank you @111206ad for the chapter idea!
If anyone has cute chapter ideas, let me know! I'll try and incorporate it into the story! 😊

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

36.4K 897 29
"𝑂𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑎𝑙𝑎𝑥𝑦, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑒?" "𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑜𝑛." [I do not own the clone...
1.7K 68 30
Star Wars the Clone Wars Fanfiction, Mostly Focused on female OC and Captain Rex, and their experience falling in love, but also telling the growth o...
426K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...
509 5 11
A bunch of mini-stories / one shots over a variety of settings/scenery's set in the Clone Wars. From modern to celestial to fantasy to anything in th...