Spy x Family One Shots

By Erska-chi

A series of one shots of the manga series, Spy x Family! I will take requests and will do reader x character... More

Requests Page
Making Pie For Mama
Habits (Yor x Twilight)
Spoilers
Knight In Shining White Armor (Damian x Anya)
Dandelions (Yor x Twilight)
Trauma and Secrets (Yor x Twilight)
Truth's Revealed (Loid x Reader)
Storm(Damian x Reader)
Life Without STRIX (Yor x Loid)
Oleander (Yor x Twilight)
The Same (Yor x Loid)
Moving On
Injuries (Damian x Anya)
Spoiled Rich Kid (Reader x Anya)
Magic Potion
New World (Damian x reader)
A Symbiotic Relationship (Yuri x Reader)
Three Little Pigs (Reader x Damian)
The Winds of Revenge
Where I've been...

Birthday Wishes

1.4K 27 56
By Erska-chi

This was a request by @ajredtra . I don't know what Anya's birthday is so for the sake of the story, FOR THE SAKE OF THE STORY, I will say that it is May 13. Also Damian is 14 and Anya is 12 so they are in 8th grade. Anya is turning 13 in this story. Anya is the italics and Damian is the bold.

Without further ado, THE STORY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sakura blossoms were in full bloom and all the students on campus were getting nervous for the upcoming midterm exams.

This was no exempt for Damian, his heart was racing at 100 miles per hour, but for a different reason. It's almost Anya's birthday, how do I give her the present without making it seem like I like her???

Damian Desmond, the second son to the Desmond group had black hair that was styled to look partly messy, partly clean. He had grown quite a bit since his toddler years and exuded a domineering aura to all those around him.

Currently that same boy was worried about a present for an 8th grade girl.

I can't just give it to her, cause that will seem like I like her. I can't admit it or else I will lose the love contest!

Anya, Damian believed, had agreed to a silent contest on who would confess first. The person who got the other to confess would be the winner and get all the benefits including being the dominant person of the relationship.

Father always says that I must rule over my women, Anya is no exception! I can't lose this contest, so how do I give her the gift.

The second son of the Desmond group pondered furiously while a certain psychic stood puzzled at his inner turmoil.

Sy-on boy and I are in a contest? What's the contest about? I don't get it, why can't he just give me the present?

Anya Forger, daughter of the notorious spy, Twilight. Her pink hair had grown to her lower back area and her green eyes was as clueless as ever. Her psychic abilities hadn't changed, just as her horns that poked out of her cute hairdo.

Contrary to Damian's belief, Anya had no clue of their 'silent agreement' of a contest.

"If you want to give me a birthday present, you can just give it to me." Anya said bluntly at the black-haired boy.

Damian blushed a deep red. How could she tell what I was thinking? She must be mocking me! Calm down, if I give it to her now, then that would be the same as saying that I prepared it before hand, but if I say no that would be like pushing her away... I can't do that.

Sy-on boy's confusing.

"I don't quite remember your birthday," lies "I don't usually remember birthdays unless something extravagant goes along with it." The boy said coldly, inwardly wincing at his own words. Goddamnit! Why can't she just confess and get this over with.

What's there to confess? GASP! Did he figure out that I stole his peanuts during recess? I can't say that! I'll just play along...

"Extravagant? Do you mean like a party?" Anya says smoothly. Her lying skills were exceptional after she watched her father lie multiple times with no hitch. Since she was able to nitpick at all the details with her psychic powers, she was able to become the BEST liar there was.

"Did someone say, PARTY~!!!" Becky butted in with a swish of her hair.

The daughter of CEO Blackwell, Becky Blackwell, was Anya's number 1 friend. Her hair draped down her back. Her sophisticated air had disappeared along with her reasoning when talking with her best friend. Now her black eyes twinkled at the thought of hosting a party.

"Tell me! What party? When is it? Can I help with it?" Becky excitedly chattered.

"Uh, I don't know what's it's about," Anya said honestly, "I think that Sy-on boy might."

What! This little- I see what you are doing there, trying to make me admit that I wanted you to have a party...

Sy-on boy's gone crazy...

"I just thought that it was pathetic that a commoner like Anya couldn't afford to host a birthday party." How's that! I used the pity card. Damian smirked smugly.

"What-" Anya started.

"Ohhhh, that's so sad... I know! We can host the party at my house! It will be spacious and we have delicious food so you don't have to worry about the quality." Becky said excitedly, "Then I can help preparing for the party! Oh, it's gonna be so fun Anya. The confetti will be pink and..."

Unknowingly, Becky had dragged Anya away from a speechless Damian. What the heck? They're actually gonna host the party? Huh? Damian was speechless to say the least. He watched as the Blackwell daughter chattered away with his pink-haired crush. Am I misunderstanding something? He shook his head, he swiftly turned the opposite direction, his lackeys already by his side. No matter, I may have lost the battle, but I will win this war. The next battlefield is the party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shoot should I have worn the white suit? Damian fretted over his clothes, pulling his tie to the side as his sweaty palms reached for the doorbell.

He was wearing a traditional tuxedo as the invitation had asked for formal clothes. His normally lazy hairstyle was pulled back slick and he had tried a new cologne. I can only hope this is enough to get her to say she likes me.

"Damian! Welcome, welcome to Anya's birthday ball!" Becky said with a bright smile. Her eyes wandered to the bouquet of flowers in his hand. "Someone confessing today?"

"Absolutely not!" Damian strictly stated, "It is only customary to bring flowers to the birthday girl at a ball..."

Becky rolled her eyes in understanding. Beckoning Damian in, she closed the door behind him as he made his was to the ballroom. After entering the ballroom, he realized that Becky Blackwell hadn't just invited the entire class, she had invited the entire grade level and their families!

This is sure to be a pain. Damian thought as the first of the suck-ups approached him.

"Hello, Mr. Damian. I'm not sure if you know me but my son is in the same grade level as you..."

"Mr. Damian, I met you at the party last week..."

"It is a late introduction but I am Hansel..."

An onslaught of people wanting to get on the good side of the second son of the Desmond group surrounded the poor Damian. Just as he was getting tired with putting on his fake smile and polite greetings, his pink-haired light came to save the day.

"Sy-on boy! Welcome to my birthday ball!!" Anya greeted him with a smile.

Anya was wearing a 70% sleeve green dress that matched her eyes, and a gold diamond-shaped necklace. Her hair that was usually down was styled in a fashionable bun. Her face was dusted with light makeup that complimented her natural beauty and her smile made weird things go on in Damian's chest.

Damn that smile!

"Thank you for inviting me," Damian said smoothly. He reached out his hand, "May I?"

Confused, Anya offered her hand to Damian. Damian brought her hand to his lips, softly kissing them with a delicate air. Flustered, Anya's ears turned bright red as Damian lowered her hand and smiled softly at her.

Ha, how's that! My ultimate gentleman power taught by my brother. Now fall over me and confess how much you like me.

Wh-what? What was that? I thought he wanted a high five???? WHuasjhw?!?!

"Anya! We have cake!" Becky called through the crowd.

"Excuse me, I have to go..." Anya suddenly turned polite as she rushed away from a crestfallen Damian.

Did my attack not work? But I clearly saw the blush on her face....

"Excuse me, Mr. Damian..."

"Shut up." Damian growled at the person who dared call his name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anya was out on the balcony, away from the chatter and noise of the ballroom. Away from the invading thoughts of the party. Away from the confusing Sy-on boy...

Why was he being so weird? I don't know he likes me or not... Anya sighed as she rested her head on the balcony fence. It'd be easier if he would just tell me directly if he likes me. Cause I think I like him too...

The night was silent, no wind, no cicadas, just the bustling ambient sound of the party. Anya was looking back at the sky, her hair pushed back behind her ears, and her feet were crossed as she leaned on the fence.

The intruding thoughts of a certain someone came before the clicking footsteps. Anya turned around to find Damian standing with his hands in his pocket, the same smug smirk on his face as always.

Today is the day. I will get her to confess to me! She can't run away any longer.

Too frustrated with the ordeal, Anya glared at Damian and spoke in an annoyed tone.

"What do you want Sy-on boy."

What the- Why is she being so cold to me? No matter, let me just...

"Is it wrong to come wish the birthday girl a happy birthday?" Damian asked gently, "Happy birthday Anya, you're turning 14 right?"

It's actually 13, but Father wouldn't adopt me if I was below 6 so I lied about my age. Anya sighed. Even this whole birthday is a sham, I don't know my real birthday so I made one up. The day I got adopted, the day I was born into a new world... The lying world...

"Yeah I'm turning 14," Anya said smoothly.

"So you're turning to same age as I am."

"Yeah," As close as it will be.

They stand in silence, observing the features of the other. Damian's normal smug smirk was wiped off his face as he looked concerned. Anya's normally bright smile looked tired and her eyes conveyed her exhaustion with life.

Is Anya ok? She looks tired... Ahhh Goddamnit! Screw this contest, I can't keep her this sad.

"Anya?" Damian tried gently.

"Yeah?"

"Anya, do you mind if I give you my present myself?" He said softly, observing her features as if scared that if he moved the wrong way, Anya would disappear.

"There's a table inside-"

"Yeah but I wanted to give it to you myself." Damian scratched the back of his neck, his ears tinting with pink. This is so embarrassing.

"You wanted to give it to me yourself?" Anya asked cocking her head, "Is it that important?"

"Kinda." He reached into his suit and pulled out a small box. It was small and was the color green.

Wait... A box? A weird situation? Don't tell me...

"Are you trying to propose to me?" Anya asks in disbelief. To which Damian's face goes completely scarlet.

"NO!! Nothing like that!!"

"But a box-"

"Ahhh Damn it!" Damian throws the box to Anya, who fumbles to catch it, "Just open it idiot!"

Why's he being so weird about this? Is there like a bomb or something in here that activates when the box is opened?

Anya opened the box cautiously, to find a beautiful pearl on a thin gold chain. It was a very simple necklace but it matched Anya perfectly and was perfect for any occasion.

It seemed that Damian had thought very hard before buying this necklace for her.

"Do you like it?" Damian asks with a trembling voice. Did I mess up? Should I have gotten the diamond one? But I thought this would match her the most. I had chosen this hoping that this will make her confess but... AHHHH!! Why can't she just confess????

Confess what? What the heck is Sy-on boy talking about? He keeps talking about confessing something? It's so confusing? Is it the peanuts again?

"Do you have something to confess?" Anya asked bluntly, "You keep saying weird things..."

What the heck? How did she find out? I'm so screwed!!!

"Don't you have something to confess as well?" Damian said with a fake confidence, "Why don't you tell me that?"

"Ca-cause you might hate me for it!!!"

"I won't hate you for anything!"

"Well if that's the case! Why don't you tell you secret?"

"Why don't we tell the secrets together??"

Damian blushed at the thought of confessing his love. Anya paled at the thought of confessing her sins.

"F-fine!" Anya replied unenthusiastically, "3 counts! Ready!"

"W-wait what!!"

"3!"

"Hold on Anya!"

"2!"

"Ah, goddamnit!"

"1!"

Damian closed his eyes, here goes nothing!

"I LIKE YOU!"

"I STOLE YOUR PEANUTS DURING RECESS ON FRIDAY!"

"..."

"..."

WHAT THE HELL??? I THOUGHT WE WERE CONFESSING OUR CRUSHES ON EACH OTHER??? DON'T TELL ME SHE DOESN'T LIKE ME!?!?!?

Oh, shoot. He didn't know about the peanuts. I am going to die today... I apologize Mother, Father, please grant my wish and bury me with Mr. Pengui- Hold. On. Did he say he likes me?! WHATTTTTTT!?!?!? AHDsjhfWUHEF

"Uhhh," Anya stuttered nervously, "You... like me?"

"Forget it! It was a stupid crush anyway!" Damian tries to weasel his way out of the situation, "Nevermind, forget I said anything. I- Nevermind..."

That hurt, that kinda hurt. I thought- well guess I thought wrong. Things are going to be awkward now... It was just a stupid crush. There are better suited girls for you. It doesn't have to be that stupid commoner girl. Ah shit. I can't.

"I'll be taking my leave," Damian stated, completely masking his hurt with his perfected poker face.

He's leaving? WAIT DAMIAN!

"WAIT DAMIAN!" Anya shouted at the retreating figure.

For a moment, it looked as if he hadn't heard her. Then, he slowly turned around and walked back to his place in front of her.

"Did you just call me Damian?" he asked.

"Uhhh yeah?"

"Goddamnit."

"Sy-on boy?"

"You don't know what you do to me you little minx." Damian took a shaky breath, "Calling my name like this makes me nervous like this? Oh how low has the great Desmonds fallen."

"Da-"

"I can't even tell if you like me or not. And I hope it's the latter because, goddamnit I like you so much. You make me crazy Anya, absolutely nuts. Your smile, your eyes, your naïve personality make me go insane. Good God Anya, I like you so much."

Damian's trembling on the spot, his hands shaking as he uttered the words he hadn't known that he had been holding back. I said it. I finally said it.

Sy-on boy's insane. Genuinely insane. But... Anya blushed fiercely. I think I like this side of him.

"Well? Tell me," Damian said fiercely, "Do you like me or not?"

I bet she doesn't like me. That's why she hasn't been talking at all. Ahhhh I screwed up this friendship. I screwed up so much-

A sudden soft feeling enveloped his lips. The soft, fluttery, cloud-like feeling went as soon as it came. Anya had kissed Damian. She kissed him shyly, pulling down his tie to get at the same height, but she had kissed him.

Anya kissed me. Anya kissed me. ANYA KISSED ME!!

Sy-on boy's silly.

"Does that answer your question?" Anya asked shyly. A shy smile lit up her face, her eyes moving down towards the floor.

"Yes, yes it does." Damian said dazedly.

HOLY COW ANYA KISSED ME!

Yeah, I kissed you get over it Sy-on bo-... I kissed him. I KISSED HIM!!! AhDHKAHFJWEHFJS

The two stood in awkward silence cheeks dusted with red. They stood for a while not knowing what to do.

"So?" Anya asked hesitantly, "What now?"

"Well," Damian said, "I mean, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes!

Silly Sy-on boy.

"Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, YES!!!" Anya squealed with glee, "Of course I do, Sy-on Boy! Of course, I do!"

And then Damian captured her lips in another kiss. The sweet night left an everlasting impression of both of them. No wind, no cicadas, no sound. Just them. Just the two of them. In their everlasting kiss.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 67 22
//SPY X FAMILY// (ONE SHOTS STORIES) A fan fiction..
3.4K 100 16
Follow the Forger as they encounter troubles while getting along and being the quite unusual family. A spy which is a good father. An Assassine whic...
27.9K 1.1K 57
Where an anime obsessed freak enters the spy family universe. Nothing here, with the exception of my oc, is mine. P.S. This will follow the origi...
956 12 11
I will only be doing 'x Readers' and some 'character x character' for now and here are some things to keep in mind what i CAN write about -Fluff -Ang...