Lavender and Lilac ( Yurika )

By PurpleWallflower_14

Monika was popular, intelligent and perfect in every way. And she would do anything to maintain that reputati... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Announcement!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Hi.....
Chapter 13

Chapter 3

214 7 23
By PurpleWallflower_14

Ring ring
Ahh... the sweet sound of the bell... I get up from my desk and stretch a little.

Time for club.... I wonder who Sayori bought.....

I head out; people in the crowd move apart to let me come through. Huh. I guess being popular has its perks... I swiftly make my way to the room... 211B.... Nobody is there... I open the door and make my way to the desk.

When will they come? Did Sayori just make this up and is pulling a prank? Did she find out about what happened at lunchtime and now hates me?!?!!? I hope not... dear god, if anyone saw that....

Nonono... you see this all the time, Monika! It isn't a big deal.....

Big breath in, big breath out.

Inhale, exhale.

...I should write a poem to calm down...

Regret:

Regret.

That's what I feel, when I look into your eyes.

Once the bright orbs that were the light of my life:

Now dull and darkened,

The consequences of my actions.

I want to apologise

But the words wont come.

You step away, into the shadows.

Away from me, away from the light.

"Stop!" I want to call

But my vocal chords have been silenced.

You utter not a word.

I collapse onto my knees, clutching my side in agony.

I am the cause of your silence, your disappearance.

I want to see the light in your eyes again.

Yet it pains me to watch you smile

When you're not smiling at me.

( AN- I'm not a poet so I'm really sorry if you had to read that crap. I know it sounds like something I should put in later but I just thought why not. Anyway, I'm not Monika and this is actual shit but yeah. I wrote this in about 5 minutes anyway )

What? I have no idea what caused me to write that... I guess I have been feeling a lot of pent up emotions....

"Here we are~!"

Sayori cheerfully flings the door open, and behind her is a shorter girl, with pink hair and clips.

"Monika! This is the new member!"

The bubblegum-haired girl scowls at me.

"Ugh! Sayori! I'm not the 'new member'! I never even said I would join!"

Damn, this girls got attitude... and not the type I like....

"Ehe, sorry Natsuki... Anyway... Natsuki-Monika! Monika-Natsuki,"

She points at both of us as a sort of introduction, I think?

"Nice to meet you, Natsuki,"

I force a fake smile on my face as I walk up to shake her hand.

".... You too,"

"Yay! I'm so glad! You guys are gonna be great friends in no time!!"

Sayori exclaims, whilst jumping around in excitement.

I, myself, am not so excited about this. Natsuki seems to have a short fuse, and, well, if I am being honest, I would prefer someone quiet and soft-spoken than someone well... loud and brash.

"So, Natsuki, tell me a little about yourself, why don't you?"

"Well... I like cupcakes, manga, the colour pink, I sometimes write poems, and I hate school,"

Ugh, typical stereotype for an anime-loving web girl. She's gonna be soo predictable. In fact, I'd bet you anything she's probably some sort of tsundere who is super insecure about herself, hates being called 'cute', is incredibly stubborn and judgemental whilst accusing others of doing that and, well, you know the rest.

"Why do you hate school?"

"It's just so, like, boring!"

Ah, there we go, the 'like' bit. In modern times, it seems nobody can escape this 'like disease' and often it seems that I am the only one aware of this.

"I mean, all the teachers suck, and, like, yeah! The subjects are dumb and stupid and I won't even need them later on!"

Natsuki carries on her rant whilst I just try to entertain myself by picking up on details around the room.

I've never noticed that crack on the ceiling before...

Oh who am I kidding! Let's just do this-

"Hey Natsuki?"

"Yeah?"

"What's in your manga?"

My bets on slice-of-life, probably something she can 'relate to'

"... don't laugh, I swear to god, everyone judges me on my manga... but anyway.... I enjoy slice-of-life, it's just, like, really relatable, y'know?"

Ha. Like I said, predictable.

"Oh really? I always thought you liked the action genre!!"

Sayori says cheerfully.

"How did you come to that conclusion exactly..?? Okay, you know what, never mind. What do you like to read?"

"Oh? I enjoy reading something challenging, something that can possibly even impact my perspective- philosophical literature can do that, so I tend to enjoy reading literature of that kind, but really, I'm open to all kinds of stories."

She snorts.

"Typical..."

I choose to ignore that.

I then glance up at the clock, which reveals that it is almost 4.

"Ahem! Okay everyone! We had better get going now- it's almost 4!"

"Okay Monika! Natsi, wanna walk with me?"

"Ghh-! I told you not to call me that!!"

I giggle to myself as I watch them leave.

Once they are gone I sigh to myself. Ugh, I feel horrible. I gather all my stuff and lock the door. Dammit. I still have Spanish homework to do....

I slowly make my way out of the school.

Stem changing verbs, huh? Okay... what did Yuri say again? Oh, right! Its changing the stem of the verb isn't it? She conjugated Juegar, didn't she..... okay okay...

Dammit. How did she do it???!?

I enter my house and go to my room.

I hate Spanish....

Okay... let's do biology then.

I open up my exercise book.

Cells.

Okay so... from what I remember... the nucleus is the site of protein synthesis, mitochondria contains dna for reproduction, ribosomes release energy into the body using aerobic respiration and... and...

I open my eyes to check the answers.

Wrong.

Dammit! I bet Yuri would know this..... She seemed very oriented in Spanish class....

Not that she would want to speak to you.... Or help you with anything....

Stupid. Stupid damn idiot!!

Bzzt! Bzzt!

I pick up my phone.

One message from Lil Cinnabun UwU

Huh. She changed her nickname. I sigh and scroll to contacts.

Lil Cinnabun UwU
Hey Monika! Me and Natsuki decided to create a group chat for the club! I added you already, just letting u know!!

Huh? Okay then. I scroll through the contacts. Ahh... there it is:

LIT group chat 0w0

Buffsuki is typing....

Buffsuki
Yo guys, sup?

Lil Cinnabun UwU
Im good!

Buffsuki
Soo... whyd we create this chat again?

Lil Cinnabun UwU
For the Literature club of course!

Buffsuki
No, really, why?

Lil Cinnabun UwU
Well.... I might've needed a little bit of help on my History HW

Buffsuki
Bold of you to assume I did the homework!

Lil Cinnabun UwU
Wahhh!!! Monikaaaaa, can u pls help me
DDDDD:

Ultimate_Deleter78
You're doing Artemisia Gentileschi, right?

Lil Cinnabun UwU
Ya. Help me :(

Ultimate_Deleter78
Idk too much about her, but she was said to be a very influential painter in the renaissance period. Her works were that of blood and surprisingly she also was a feminist, and many of her paintings were depicting the suffering of women in the sexist society she lived in.
This was most likely because of the fact that at age 17, Gentileschi was raped by her tutor Tassi, which inspired her to paint in such a daring style.

Lil Cinnabun UwU
Oh no!! That's soooo sad!!

Buffsuki
Ha.

Lil Cinnabun UwU
What's so funny Natsuki?

Buffsuki
NoThiNg

Lil Cinnabun UwU
No srsly...

Buffsuki
DoEs Lil BaBy SaYoRi KnOw ThE mEaNiNg Of ThE wOrD rAPe????

Lil Cinnabun UwU
Yes.

Buffsuki
*Dies of shock* SAYORI YOURE SUPPOSED TO BE INNOCENT!!!

Ultimate_Deleter78
Lol. Anyway, gtg. I still have HW...

I shut off my phone.

Right, I was revising cells....

AN- hey guys! Whaddya know? Chapter 3 is out!! Anyway, it's my revision break so updates will be irregular, BUT! In a weeks time I will start posting more often, as my end-of-years will be done by then. Also, if you're wondering why there's so many random facts, that's because I am STRESSED, and will say the most RANDOM things.

*whispers*
And they say Y7 is easy......

Also- 1382 words!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 210 5
It is no secret to anyone that Natsuki and Yuri don't get along too well, despite one of them crushing hard on the other. During another argument be...
24.7K 299 19
Monika brang back her friends and started to develop a crush on one of them, but things starts to happen that are unexpected .Mabey they will have a...
1.7K 34 35
Ever wondered what Doki Doki Literature Club! would have been like if Monika wasn't self aware she is in a game and everything played out normally...
8.7K 316 19
Y/N L/N joins an academy. He meets a girl. They fall in love. I've been craving a DDLC fanfic that lets all the girls just be normal and happy within...