i dont believe in love โ™ฅ๏ธŽ seu...

Da happinesplzstay

"I'm not going to ask you to bring me down the star that you say illuminated me. I'm no longer the one who f... Altro

Intro โ™ก๏ธŽ I Dont Believe In Love
Disclaimer โ™ก๏ธŽ I Don't Believe In Love
Cast โ™ก๏ธŽ I Don't Believe In Love
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Update

24

217 17 4
Da happinesplzstay

*not edited*

♡︎

"Why can't you can't just fire her?"

Chan softly laughed at the younger angrily entering his office like he usually does after his encounter with the front desk. "She's actually nice to you. If I forget my badge she won't even let me in. She gives all the staff and lawyers a hard time everyday too, it's not just you baby."

"So why haven't you fired her?" Jeongin was annoyed at the receptionist who makes a big deal every time he visits Chan. "You do know your Papa hired her right?"

"No. Why would he do that?"

"He was the one who gave her that position. When I questioned it, they said he was impressed by how she  followed protocol for everyone and made no exceptions for anyone. Think of it this way, if she gives you and even me a hard time entering the courthouse, do you think she'll let anyone suspicious in? She keeps the building and everyone in here safe." Chan explained while signing a few checks for the finance department not phased with the eyeroll he got from Jeongin because he had just proven his point.

"I'm starving. Can we go get food now?" Jeongin asked, already getting bored of sitting and watching the older work. Chan shook his head amused, if you would have told him that this is how the younger would be when they first met he wouldn't have believed it. "Okay let me just finish this. Do you know where you want to go?"

Jeongin nodded and pulled out his phone looking up at the new cafe he had seen on social media. "It's on eighth avenue, it's called Wonderland café. Everyones posting about how pretty it is!"

Of course Jeongin would choose a place based on aesthetics, something Chan found out a few weeks ago. It's like he finally got to know the real Jeongin once they didn't have to worry about Hyunjin anymore.

Chan wouldn't trade the pretty ravenette for anyone in this world. Something the blonde didn't think he could ever think after what happened five years ago. Even if Chan hadn't had the closure he had wanted from his past relationship he wasn't going to let it interfere with his current relationship.

Which is how the two ended up walking hand and hand down to the said café through the people filled streets. "How was your class?" Chan asked while they stood waiting for the crosswalk sign.

"Horrible.

I don't understand why I still have to take math, science, history, and literature. It doesn't make sense. My professor can barely walk and you expect me to pass the class?" Jeongin was blaming the lack of sleep for his mood but he was probably just used to complaining to the patient dreamy Australian about his day.

By the time they reached the street Chan was thankful for the beautiful sunny weather. Indeed, the café was aesthetically pleasing to the eyes with white painted brick walls, navy blue trimmings, plenty of green vines and flowerbeds all over the exterior. The long walk was worth it as he noticed how Jeongin's eyes lit up looking at the gold letter sign in amazement. Being the gentleman he was, Chan opened the door getting a blushy thankful smile in return.

"Chan!"

The couple stopped in their tracks and turned to the voice until they saw Jaehyun running towards them. "Channie, I'll wait in line while you two talk." Jeongin said looking at the long line inside and also because he was not interested in listening to the older two speak of law, he had heard enough in his lifetime already.

The café was beautiful inside as it was outside, the same vines running through the walls and ceiling. Jeongin was impressed by how quickly the line moved because before he knew it, it was his turn to order. He glanced back seeing Chan and Jaehyun still talking which he sighed. Having to guess what Chan wanted was difficult because the man did have a questionable taste palette. "Welcome to Wonderland café! What can I get for you?"

Jeongin fought back the gasp when he saw the cashier, he was beautiful enough to be a model. "I'll have a hot chocolate and a slice of strawberry cake." Jeongin ordered before turning once more to see if he could usher Chan in but was startled when he almost crashed into the olders chest. "Make that two actually." Chan said with a smile.

Immediately after Jeongin turned back to the cashier he noticed that the male wore a nerve wrecking expression, as if he had just seen a ghost. "That'll be $18.58." Jeongin was about to reach for his card when he heard the card reader accept chime, he pouted and looked at the older upset "you promised I could pay this time!"

"Only if you could beat me to it." Chan chuckled at the youngers expression he secretly loved. "Here's your receipt and table number." The cashier placed the items on the counter shakingly.

"Seonghwa, do you have a minute?" Chan decided to ask, noticing how the red haired looked like he was about to faint any second now. Jeongin furrowed his eyes wondering how Chan knew the cashier's name, he didn't have a nametag. "Chan, I'm so sorry. I really am sorry for-"

Chan immediately shook his head silently pleading the redhead to stop as he turned to a confused Jeongin looking between the two. Obviously things like this happen when everything is already as complicated in his life.

"Innie, do you mind if I talk to Seonghwa for a minute? You can get us a table anywhere you'd like and I'll be right here if you need me."

Jeongin nodded understandingly once he had noticed that the cashier had a wedding band on; he trusted that Chan would explain later. "Of course Channie, I'll be over there." He pointed to the left side of the cafe and excused himself.

"Seonghwa, you look like you're about to pass out, please take a seat and then we can talk." Chan said concerned to which Seonghwa complied and took a seat on a stool on the opposite side of the counter not knowing what to say. "I'm not upset about what happened if that's what you're worried about. I'm more worried that you might pass out any second. I think we're both mature enough to have a conversation about it and maybe get some closure. I'm not going to lie, it's a bit overwhelming seeing you again."

Seonghwa felt awful, as if his painted world crashed down showing his past and everything he'd done. He felt his stomach twist when he saw Chan was still the same caring and understanding person he was. "Chan, I'm so sorry. Don't be nice to me. I'm sorry. Please let me apologize for what I did.

I know it happened five years ago but that doesn't change anything. I feel awful. I'm the most horrible person in this world and I don't even deserve your kindness right now.

I never got to explain what happened. Why I did what I did. That's-

Gosh Chan. That's so fucked up of me. I'm sorry."

Chan took a deep breath trying to keep his composure but the more he saw the redhead ramble on about how apologetic he was, he didn't know what to think anymore.

"Seonghwa.. I know you like you know me. It kills me to see you like this."

Seonghwa shook his head and reached for a napkin nearby to help with the tears he was fighting back.

"I left you.

Chan, I left you at the altar of all places.

And don't you dare say that it's okay when we both know it's not."

Five years ago, everything was well between the two. In Chan's eyes they were about to get married and while he waited for Seonghwa to show up at the wedding all he got was the wedding planner, handing him a letter that said the wedding was called off and so was their relationship. Nothing more.

No explanation, no form of communication, nothing.

"If we're being honest, I was upset and even angry at one point but I'm not anymore. Obviously I was confused about why you had left like that, I wondered if it was because of me or something I did or said. I just wanted an explanation. A reason. Something. You should've known that I would've understood but you left me in the unknown. It took me a while to finally sort all those emotions. It wasn't easy to let go of a ten year relationship and also a ten year friendship.

You were literally the only person I knew. You were the only person who really knew me.

But I don't think I could ever be mad at you.

Sometimes soulmates aren't meant to get married.

You'll always be my best friend Hwa.

Now that I'm with ...." Chan trailed as he looked at the table Jeongin was sitting at he smiled unconsciously

"Innie, my Innie, everything makes sense. It makes sense why we didn't work out. I got my answer. I'm sure you realized that we weren't meant to be by the rings on your left hand."

"You're too nice for this world Chan." Seonghwa sadly said looking down as he anxiously messed with his wedding rings.

"It was because of him.

I met Joong at work and I promise we didn't do anything behind your back. He actually was very respectful. I invited him to our wedding but that's when he told me he couldn't go because he had developed feelings for me.

I didn't mean to but naturally I felt the same way but I couldn't accept them because why would I leave a perfect relationship like ours over someone I had barely just met.

The more I thought about it, the more it worried me and I was driving myself insane until I finally accepted that I had also developed feelings for him.

You know I believe in love at first sight, and for some unknown feeling it all pointed to him.

The last thing I wanted to do was cheat on you and before I could figure it out and have the courage to tell you the wedding day arrived.

I couldn't marry you, I couldn't do it Chan but I also shouldn't have hurt you like that.

I'm so sorry for not being honest with you. I'm sorry for humiliating you like that. I'm sorry for everything."

"It's okay Hwa, I accept your apology. That's all I needed to hear from you, an explanation and you gave me that, so thank you for that-"

"Seonghwa, sweetheart are you alright?"

Both Chan and Seonghwa turned to the worried voice that reached them and quickly embraced the red haired in a back hug looking at the stranger suspiciously. "Joong, this i-is Chan. The one I told you about..."

"Please don't blame Seonghwa for anything. Blame me and I would like to apologize for-"

Chan shook his head and stopped the male "It's all sorted out. Thing's happened for a reason. I'm content with my current life and I'm glad to see Hwa is too. We're adults, not teenagers in high school. Let's get some closure and move on. Life is too short to live with anger and sadness."

Hongjoon looked at his sweet husband who nodded agreeing. "We need more people like you in this world. Thank you." Hoongjoon offered his hand which Chan shook.

"Daddy!"

Chan looked as the kid ran up to Hongjoongs arms and then towards Seonghwa lovingly glancing at the father son duo. "Daddy I made a friend!"

"Yeosang, how many times have we told you not to talk to strangers?"

"But he's nice daddy! He's mommy's friend's friend!"

Chan turned to look for Jeongin and sent him a small thankful smile. "That's him!" Yeosang points to his new friend waving.

"You know him?" Hongjoong turned to look at his husband who was about to respond when Chan answered "He's with me."

The couple couldn't help but notice how the Australian in love looked at the blushing ravenette across the café. "Why don't you three go with him? I'll take care of the front." Hongjoong offers and before his husband could refuse he started taking orders.

Yeosang didn't waste time and ran up to the table with his new friend. "Jeongin, this is Seonghwa and his son Yeosang. Mind if they join us for a bit?" Chan asked immediately looking for any discomfort from the younger but all he got was a smile before Yeosang took a seat next to him and started talking about his drawing that was framed by the door.

"He's definitely the one."

"People fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe it's all part of a plan. Making the same mistakes hoping one day they'll make sense."

♡︎

Next chapter will be the one to get your tissues ready for..

I'm finally back from traveling and I haven't been able to recover. I think I got a bit sick and I'm still jet lagged ☹︎

I'll rest up soon and post asap. I promise.
This is also me trying to drag out this story because were so close to end and I'm not ready to finish this one ☹︎

Thank you so so much for still being here.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

75.1K 2.4K 37
"I can be as real as you want." [[[------------]]] "Your imagination is our wonderful reality, but sadly, all good dreams must end at some point, cor...
18.9K 836 13
โžธ ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜๐˜บ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ซ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ Last update - 20.10.23 #4 in bottomhy...
49.3K 1.5K 17
Don't go Don't leave me Please turn around and look at me Please don't go If you go further away I might fall apart by myself... [ Completed โœ… ]