The Boy In Her Dreams

By Benzita13

Who would have thought changing schools could be the strangest thing to ever happen? No one, of course! But s... More

Author's note
🌺 PROLOGUE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER ONE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWO 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THREE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FOUR 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FIVE 🌺
🌺CASTS🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SIX🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER EIGHT 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER NINE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER ELEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWELVE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTEEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FOURTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FIFTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SIXTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER EIGHTEEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER NINETEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY ONE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY TWO🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY THREE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY SIX🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY NINE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY ONE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY TWO 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY SIX 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY NINE 🌺
🌺 EPILOGUE 🌺

🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY THREE 🌺

65 25 0
By Benzita13

I watched helplessly as the health prefects hurriedly carried Sara out of the library and away from the crowd.

Some of the students made attempts to go after them, but the teachers who had come to see what the commotion was about had blocked their paths and ordered them to go back.

I was among the students that made attempts to go after them and I was so confused.

Was she sick?

Students and teachers had began to leave the library entrance but I still stood there, contemplating on whether to go after them or not.

I felt Noah's hands on the sides of my shoulders as I looked ahead and watched the health prefects run hurriedly with Sara.

"C'mon." He said. "Let's go. We'll go see her when she's better. Don't worry, she's okay." .

I shrugged his shoulders off and shook my head on disagreement. "You don't know that.". I said.

I made an attempt to quickly walk past the library, hoping that no one would seen me, but I wasn't quick enough.

The Literature substitute teacher walked out of the library and blocked my path. "Where are you going?". She asked, just as the bell was rung for break over.

I sighed in frustration and stood on my tippie toes as I looked over her shoulders, and to my disappointment, the health prefects and Sara were out of sight.

I scoffed in annoyance.

Where were they when I had been falling unconscious?!

"I asked a question." She said, narrowing her brows at me. "As you can see, break time is over.".

I frowned as I brought my gaze to the floor. "Nevermind, I'll head over to class now." I said.

She nodded and looked on in anticipation as I turned around and walked back to Noah, a little suprised he didn't leave.

What a birthday!

•°•°•

The reason Sara had fallen unconscious must've been serious as there were rumors she was taken to the hospital.

I, of course, didn't believe those rumors, so I headed to the Infirmary with Noah. I wasn't stupid enough to go on my own when I knew Nnadzwa still had intentions to kill me.

When we had gotten there, the nurses had told us that Sara had indeed been taken to a hospital which made me worry more.

I had decided to go visit her after school. That was until Sharon had reminded me of our after school plans.

I told Noah everything about Evan getting locked up and he encouraged me to go with her, saying he would go to the hospital and explain to Sara.

I agreed, but deep down, I felt like a bad friend.

And now, I nervously stood at the front of the Achebe's building. I took in a deep breath and gave Sharon a small smile as we both stepped into her house.

There her father sat, chatting away on a phone call. He was just as cruel and insensitive as I remembered, and it just sickened me.

Sharon glared at her father, then marched angrily towards him. She stood in front of him at once, and when he had turned around to continue with his call, she harshly grabbed the phone from his hold and tossed it on the ground.

I could hear my heart pounding as I continued to watch Sharon's act.

"Father, I demand you release Evan at once! I know you're naturally just heartless and cold, but for the sake of mother, let Evan go. You've always claimed to love mother, prove it today!". She yelled.

I watched as her father stood up, easily towering over her and I gulped as if I were the one in place of Sharon.

"I can see you're mad! Very mad! Am I the one you're speaking to like that?!" Her father yelled.

I shoved a tape recorder in my pocket as I quickly rushed to the scene.

"Why did you hide your own son in a room without food, water and clothes for days?" I asked.

Mr. Achebe averted his gaze from his daughter and glared at me. "I don't see how any of that is your concern.".

"So you admit that you did lock your son up in a room for days?". I asked.

"This has nothing to do with you. Get out of my house!" He yelled. "I choose how I want to discipline my children, and you are not a member of this family.".

He harshly grabbed me by the arm and pushed me towards the door.

"I'll shout! I'll call the police!". I yelled.

"Get out!".

"Murderer! Murderer!" Sharon yelled.

He let go off me immediately and rushed towards Sharon.

I brought the tape recorder out of my pocket. "When I show this to the police, you will get arrested and they'll find Evan, wicked soul!" I yelled, waving the tape in the air.

Sharon gasped as she ran towards me immediately.

I took a bold step towards her father, then quickly drew back. I ran away from him and around the living room, but her father was suprisingly caught on fast.

I felt a pull at the back of my shirt and I was instantly pulled backwards.

"Ejiro hide the tape!" Sharon yelled.

I moved the tape around, but unfortunately, her father got a hold off it.

"It seems you children need to be kept in your places." Her father retorted.

He threw me on his shoulders and headed deeper into the house. I screamed in fear and called Sharon for help, but she stood there instead and stared at me in horror.

He went into a room and walked towards a shelf. I had no idea what happened, but next thing I knew, we were walking in a passage way behind the shelf.

Soon, I heard door noises and the sound of a door being pushed open.

"You want to see Evan right? Here he is.".

I was thrown into the stuffy room like some kind of toy.

I gasped in horror as I spotted Evan at the end of the room. He didn't look dead or anything, rather bored and tired.

"Ejiro." He let out lowly.

I crept towards him in relief, but then, the lights went off, and the door was locked.

I froze in place as I hurriedly looked around the room and saw nothing but black.

My heart began to pound in panic as I tried to find some sort of light source.

"Evan!" I shrieked, creeping around the room in a rather quick manner.

Silence.

"Evan!".

All I could see was darkeness, nothing but darkness. I was scared and the atmosphere suddenly seemed eery.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I crept around the place in fear.

"Evan!" I yelled once more. Silence came my reply and I half expected the nightmare guy to come creeping around the quiet dark room.

"Evan!!" I yelled again. I felt a slight touch on my wrist, and I stood up screaming, shouting, calling for help and yelling Evan's name repeatedly.

"Please." I whimpered as another tear came rolling down my cheek. I lay down on the cold ground and curled up into a little ball as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Ejiro." A voice called lowly. I felt arms being wrapped around my body as a rush of warmth followed it.

I wiped away my tears, and went deeper into his arms. "Evan?".

"It's okay." He said. "I'm here.".

I felt him slowly place my head on his laps as he brought his hand up to my shoulders, and rubbed it slowly.

For about five minutes, we remained in that position, and it calmed me down, brought me temporary peace of mind. And slowly, I came to my senses.

I reached for my trouser pocket and brought out my phone, then put it on. I sighed in relief as I saw the little light that came from the phone's screen.

I sat up and put the torchlight on. "Feeling better?" Evan asked, and I nodded.

I quickly went to a message app and sent a message to Jokpa.

I'm in. Bring in the police, I'll send you the directions.
5:03 PM

"What are you doing?" Evan asked.

"Getting us out of here.".

I sent Jokpa a detailed message about how to get to the hidden room in Sharon's father's bedroom.

It seemed Sharon's father had made this room a no network zone to prevent people from getting out or contacting people. No worries, the message app on my phone didn't need data.

"How?" Evan asked.

"Just sit and wait. You'll see." I said, as I laid back down on his lap.

About forty minutes later, I could hear noises behind the room door and I stood up immediately and headed for the door.

"Ejiro! Are you there?" I heard Jokpa yell at the other end.

"Yes! Evan and I.". I yelled back.

"Stand back! The police are going to try to break the door open!" Jomafu yelled.

I went back immediately and pulled Evan towards the end of the room.

Seconds later, the door was pushed open, and I slowly brought Evan out of the room.

Jomafu and Jokpa pulled me in for a hug immediately. "That's my sister." They chorused.

The police men instructed us to leave the room immediately and as we went out, I saw Mr. Achebe murmuring words as some of the police men handcuffed him.

I saw Sharon. Oh, I felt so bad. Poor Sharon had been beaten up mercilessly by her father. Cane marks, cuts, and bruises were seen all over her body as she ran to her brother in happiness.

And then, I saw their mother who looked like she had been crying for quiet a long time now. She looked older, weaker and thinner than I remembered.

What happened to her?

Sharon and Evan walked slowly towards their mother who embraced and hugged them in tears. Tears of joy.

Thank goodness my plan worked. Although, being left in the dark wasn't part of my plan at all. It never was, it still worked out.

I watched as the twins' mother, Mrs. Achebe stormed angrily towards their father, and within seconds slapped him on both cheeks, with her fingerprint lingering on one. That was how mad she was.

She began raining abuses and insults on him as he was led out of the house by the police men.

He came to an abrupt stop and sighed in frustration.

"I'll talk! I'll talk! Just please stop talking!" He yelled.

The environment became silent as everyone stared at him in confusion.

Eh?! Talk? How?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 6.1K 39
(ʙᴏᴏᴋ #1, ʜᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴ ʙᴏʏꜱ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ) Curiosity is a willing, a proud, and eager confession of ignorance. S...
17M 653K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
216K 29K 49
High school sweethearts. Victor- I think the perfection of marriage is that, it's not perfect. Suzy- And you have to weather many storms together. ...
82.8K 14.7K 43
Born into poverty, hatred, hustle and neglect, Aramide was forced to become matured at such a tender age. She always yearned for a mother's love and...