more than friends [JohnnyBoy]

By CrUsTy_ToEs101

what happens when two boys fall in love? does it break the friendship? [warnings in intro] More

[ intro ]
Are you Okay? [Chapter 1]
Realizing [Chapter 3]
More Than Just An Art Lesson [Chapter4]
⚠️Wish You Stayed Home?⚠️ [Chapter 5]
I'm Here Pony [Chapter 6]
Like an angel from heaven [Chapter 7]
Sorry, not sorry [Chapter 8]
A dream come true [Chapter 9]
Who is it? [Chapter 10]
Whats it like to be madly inlove? [Chapter 11]
Pain filled tears [Chapter 12]
No more lying [Chapter 13]
Will he love or hate us? [Chapter 14]
Step By Step [Chapter 15]
Suspicion [Chapter 16]
Progress [Chapter 17]
Gone for a while [Chapter 18]
The need for independence [Chapter 19]
The Absence of Sunshine [Chapter 20]

Sleep [Chapter 2]

466 10 52
By CrUsTy_ToEs101

Johnnys POV:

We finally made it back to Ponyboys house after walking from the old lot. Pony had helped me walk since I had a sore leg from the stupid Socs.

Pony opened the door quietly and let me in first, how polite. He followed me inside after I walked into the house.

"What happened to you Johnny!?" Exclaimed Darry who was on the couch. That had gotten the attention from the rest of the gang. They started at me and the painful cut that was on my forehead.

"He got attacked by some Socs..." Ponyboy said sadly. While directing his glare to my face. I guess he didn't notice how close his face was to mine. The tips of out noses nearly touched. "Um...P-pony?" I mumbled as he was still staring into my eyes. Everyone who was in the living room glared at us weirdly. "Oh geez sorry man, I zoned out." Blurted out pony, he stepped away. Both of our faces were red because of embarrassment. I felt the top of my ears burn up.

"Need a place to stay Johnny?" Asked Soda.

"Oh, um... I don't wanna be a bother." I responded plainly.

I always felt bad when I stayed at the house. I felt greedy and selfish because I didn't even work or do anything to help.

"No, no you aren't a bother. Please stay, I don't want you to sleep in the lot or worse your own house." Protested Soda. He did care, I mean of course he did.

"If your sure, t-then okay." I felt welcomed for once.

"Let's eat dinner, then do what ever. Please go to sleep at a reasonable time." Instructed Darry.

We all took a plate and set it down. Me and Ponyboy sat at the table and the rest of them were eating in the lounge room and watching cartoons with Steve and Two-Bit. God, they were like children.

I started eating my food. It was delicious. Yeah, hadn't eaten a proper meal in days, weeks even. I have just been living off apples and other cheap food. This was something else though. Ponyboy was lucky to have these kinds of meals daily.

Ponyboy was shoving the food into his mouth. I was used to it by now. He ate like a horse. Well, at least it matched his name right? Ponyboy, yeah more like horseman right now.

I ate more politely because well, this wasn't my house. I was like a guest. I didn't want to be shoving my food into my mouth. It would be rude. Although that's what I wanted to do.

I finished the last few pieces of meat and put my fork down. "Um, where do I put my plate?" I politely asked Ponyboy.

"Oh just put it in the sink. Don't bother washing it." He responded while maintaining eye contact with me.

I slowly got up from the table and walked over to the sink. I placed the dirty plate into the stainless steel sink. Turned on the water on lightly rinsed the plate so it would be easier to wash for who ever was going to do it. I turned around and sat next to Ponyboy who was sitting on the couch. The rest except Darry and soda were on the floor eating cake and drinking alcohol, drunk. Typical night at the Curtis house.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom, be right back." I told my best friend. He didn't think much about it and slightly nodded.

I stood up and make my way to the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror that was placed on the wall, turned around and closed the door making sure it was locked. Then turned back to the mirror to observe myself. Geez, I looked so bad. My face was dirty from not washing my face for days. But even worse...

My body

I looked...unattractive in my opinion. Although lots of people thought I looked good, I think it was just to make me feel better. Maybe it was my parents. Maybe they brought my self esteem down.

My upper thighs were a little chubby. It didn't look right. It was all my imagination. I knew  this, but it still bothered me.

(A/N: Babe, your called JohnnyCakes for a reason. It's 'cause you got that cake 🍰 😍)

Tears formed in my eyes. They tricked down my tanned skin painting a red shade under my eyes. I practically started sobbing. My breathing was uneasy, making it hard to inhale air. I knew they would probably hear me from the other room so I turned on the tap so it would be hard to hear it. The water rushed down and going into the sink. It was loud enough to cover the heavy sobs coming from the bathroom.

I sighed and knew I was being a baby, over dramatic.

(A/N: Man period? 💁‍♂️🩸)

I don't know, I was just a pretty sensitive person. Most of the time I didn't cry, I just bottled it up. But when there was no more space in my heart to pour those feelings into, I had to let it out.

I couldn't help it

I was done sobbing my heart out. Finally. I rinsed my red face with the ice cold water that was from the tap. I slightly shivered at the feeling of it at my face. I turned off the silver tap and looked on the mirror. Oh geez, my face was all red, it was obvious I was crying. I regretted it instantly.

I just sat on the cold bathroom floor for a few minutes until I checked the mirror again. I looked better than before I guess. They might still be able to notice but it would be weird if I stayed in here any longer.

I stood up and stretched my legs for a couple of seconds then my hand grasped the chilly door knob and I unlocked it. The door creaked slightly at the force I applied to my movement. I walked back to the crowed lounge room and sat back down next to Ponyboy. He looked at me weirdly.

"What took you so long?" He asked curiously.

Oh geez, the worst question that he could've asked. I stayed silent for a few seconds thinking about what I should say. I better come up with something quickly.

"Oh, don't worry I was just washing my face and stuff." I lied through my teeth, like I always did. To be honest I would be surprised if he believed me. It was a pretty shitty lie.

"Oh, um, okay then." He replied.

It was so loud here. Two bit and Steve, drunk and laughing at the TV. They shoved food into their mouths without thought. Crumbs falling into the floor. Darry was telling them to go away if they were going to be like that.

"Wanna go up to y'know..my room. It's um, really noisy here." He suggested.

I hadn't though anything about it so I replied with "yeah, sure I guess."

We walked up into Ponyboys room he shared with Soda. It was decently clean. A few random books scattered across the floor but overall, pretty nice.

He let me in first and then closed the door behind me. I sat on the edge of the bed. He sat on the chair that was at his desk. He turned and stared into my dark eyes.

"Sorry it was too noisy in there with the tv and them being drunk and all." He told me. He rolled his grey eyes with annoyance.

"So, wanna go to bed or something." Ponyboy questioned. He looked tired.

Plus, Pony's bedside clock read: 9:24 pm. It was kind of late. I was tired too. I was barely awake. I agreed and he stood up steadily. He stood at the end of the bed with a puzzled expression.

"So do you wanna sleep on the couch or um..." he paused.

He looked nervous. Seemed like he was unsure of what to say.

"Sleep on the b-bed... with me?" Ponyboy mumbled under his breath.

His pale face soon turning bright red with embarrassment. His grey eyes quickly scanned around the room, avoiding eye contact at any cost.

I was flustered and embarrassed. No one had ever asked that before. I couldn't help but feel my face burn as he asked the question. I felt a heavy blush. I couldn't speak. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I wanted to say yes but didn't know how to.

"Y....yes" I managed to get out of my mouth. My eyes looked up to his eyes and he nodded.

I grasped into the sheets and slipped under the blanket. The bed felt cold to my warm skin. He flicked off the light and the room went pitch black. I could only see a faint outline of Ponyboy walking over to the bed. I felt the blanket shift as he got in.

I was still cold. It was the middle of winter and I was freezing. I felt shivers go down my spine it was that cold. I wanted to ask Ponyboy if he was cold too but I didn't want to annoy him. He was already tired.

My eyelids were heavy and I was just barely staying awake. Soon my tiredness took over me and I started to drift sleep.

...in the morning...

It was the morning and I had just opened my eyes to the sunlight blinding me. I wanted to sleep for longer but I couldn't. I could hear the birds chirping outside. I was going to get up as I felt something warm behind me. 

It was Ponyboy... 

Oof, damn Ponyboy 😏

Anyway sorry for not updating for a week. Thanks for reading! 😭💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 71 5
~C O M P L E T E D~ Ponyboy and Johnny had been married for a while now, the couple being together all throughout high school. Johnny loves his husba...
2.6K 46 11
a story about 2 boys (Ponyboy Curtis & Johnny Cade from "The Outsiders") running away from their hometown. they slowly fall in love together as they...
414 46 11
Two boys become close and develop a friendship as they deal with their family issues, bullying, and sexuality.
Brad & Nick By Lex

Teen Fiction

138K 7.3K 23
Two Bros. One Friendship. One may or may not be in love with the other bro's boyfriend.