Jealousy - Iwaoi

By WALK3R105

Iwaizumi has been in love with his best friend for the majority of his life. When one of his female friends c... More

Fresh start
Unceratainty
Space
Growth and repair
Sleepover
Water fight
How it used to be
Stalker
Stronger together
Care
Free
Trust
Gone away
Guilt
Scheme
Perfect pair
Consequence
Emiko
Peace
Rest
Back to normal
A little nudge
Subtle
Plan
Feelings
What if
Forget me nots
Bloom

Afraid of change

267 6 10
By WALK3R105

TW! Slight homophobia

Oikawa walked to school alone the next day. He walked with his head down and his earphones plugged in. He didn't want to show it, but he was still upset about the events from the previous day. Of course he was happy for his best friend, but he couldn't help but feel a little bit upset.

The previous night, he went home and cried a little bit. Oikawa always felt better after crying and letting out his emotions. He'd always thought that people see crying as such a negative thing but crying was actually what helped him the most.

The reason he was walking alone was because Iwaizumi had promised to walk with his new girlfriend. He said to Oikawa that he promised to walk with her in the mornings but he would still walk home with Oikawa after school as they still had practice together anyway.

Oikawa walked through the gates of Aoba Josai to see that girl clinging on to Iwaizumi. He looked stiff and slightly uncomfortable, but there was a smile plastered on his face. This made Oikawa feel a slight pain in the pit of his stomach at seeing his best friend smiling with someone else, but he brushed it off

Oikawa walked past them and smiled at Iwaizumi but he didn't seem to notice as he was focussing on his girlfriend. Oikawa went to his first lesson, feeling slightly hurt and upset but he soon cheered up as he focussed on his work.

His next lesson was with Iwaizumi and luckily, the girl wasn't in that class, so Oikawa could spend at least some time with Iwaizumi. Oikawa knew he was being a bit dramatic, Iwaizumi was allowed to have other friends besides him and date whoever he pleases. But he still felt a little bit jealous. (Kinnie moment)

He met Iwaizumi in the classroom who was already sat down and was texting someone on his phone. Oikawa didn't need to think twice about who he was probably texting. He sat next to his best friend and put on a smile.

Iwaizumi looked up at him and greeted him before looking back at his phone. The teacher arrived a minute later and settled the class down.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa didn't talk that much during the lesson. Iwaizumi noticed that Oikawa wasn't his chatty self but was stuck on how to address it.

"Oi shittykawa!"
"Hm?" Oikawa replied, not even looking up.
"You're acting weird."
"What do you mean?" Oikawa still wasn't looking at him.
"Well I just called you Shittykawa and you didn't yell at me for being mean. What's wrong?"

"...nothing, sorry I'm just a bit tired today." He replied, still looking at the floor. Suddenly, Iwaizumi grabbed Oikawa's chin and forced Oikawa to look at him. "Look at me when you speak." Iwaizumi said, sternly.

They were looking deep into each other's eyes. Oikawa felt a blush creeping on his face. "N-nothing's wrong." He said it quieter this time and his voice cracked slightly.

"Oh really? Because you seem pretty flustered right now." Iwaizumi teased, smirking. He didn't realise what exactly he had said in that moment. "Well, just because I'm your best friend, doesn't mean I have to tell you everything." Oikawa said, completely red in the face.

They continued with their work for the rest of the lesson and nothing else was said about their conversation. That didn't stop Oikawa from thinking about what had happened. He continuously replayed the events in his head, the red colour of his cheeks failing to disappear.  Iwaizumi was still worried about Oikawa and although he still loved him, he had a girlfriend now so he could only see him as a best friend.

So why did he still get butterflies around Oikawa? He thought back to what he had said to Oikawa and suddenly realised that he had flirted with him. Now it was Iwaizumi's turn to blush. He began to lose focus on what the teacher was saying, only thinking about Oikawa and how much he wanted to-

"Class dismissed." The teacher called out seconds after the bell rang. Iwaizumi and Oikawa walked off to lunch together, their conversation being back to normal.

The two of them were joined by Iwaizumi's girlfriend (I should probably come up with a name for her lol). She completely ignored Oikawa, only talking to Iwaizumi. And every time Oikawa went to say something, she would interrupt him.

Eventually, Oikawa left and went to eat lunch with Makki and Mattsun in stead. Iwaizumi noticed Oikawa leaving but didn't say anything, assuming he was just having an off day or something.

"Room for one more?" Oikawa asked as he slumped down in a seat next to Hanamaki. "Sure, but why aren't you with Iwaizumi?"
"He's with his girlfriend and I thought I should give them some privacy. Besides, it seemed like she didn't want me there." Oikawa said, sadly.
"How so?" Matsukawa asked.

"Well she kept ignoring me and interrupting me. It was honestly quite rude!" Oikawa said, slightly annoyed.
"Really? Are you sure you aren't just jealous?" Matsukawa asked, half teasing him.
"Pfftt me? Jealous? Not a chance." Oikawa said, chuckling slightly. The three knew how easy it was sometimes for Oikawa to get jealous. He would always get over it eventually though.

"Seriously though, it felt like there was something off about her." Oikawa said as their laughter died down.
"That makes sense, I don't like her either, she was a bitch to Mattsun last year so I can see where you're coming from."

"I'm glad we can agree. But as long as she's nice to Iwa-chan, that's all that matters. I swear to god if she breaks his heart though-"

"You're very protective over Iwaizumi aren't you? Is it possible that you like him?" Makki said, smirking.
"I- now hang on a second!" Oikawa said, getting flustered not for the first time that day.
"Now that you mention it, you two are extremely close. I think you do like him!" Mattsun teased, causing Makki to chuckle.

"Come on guys, that's ridiculous! You know I only have eyes for my fan girls." Oikawa tried to sound casual, but his voice came out in a bit of a squeak and it cracked a couple of times. He cleared his throat, his face turning an even deeper shade of red, if that was even possible.

"He definitely likes Iwaizumi." Oikawa realised that he wasn't talking to a couple of idiots. "Well, maybe, but please don't tell anyone!" Oikawa was sweating profusely at this point, not knowing whether to trust the two troublemakers. "It's ok, we won't tell anyone." Oikawa thanked them, breathing a sigh of relief.

The bell rang soon after their conversation ended and they all parted ways. Oikawa was dreading this next lesson, as it was with the girl. Luckily, they didn't sit next to each other, otherwise Oikawa probably would have just gone home.

The lesson dragged on as it was one of Oikawa's least favourite subjects. He kept looking at the clock, waiting for it to end so he could have his last lesson which was with Iwaizumi again.

Once the lesson finally ended, Oikawa went to pack his things away. The teacher and the rest of the students had left the class and eventually it was just Oikawa and Iwaizumi's girlfriend. Oikawa was about to leave when the girl called out his name.

"Hey Oikawa? I need to have a chat with you about something." She said, smiling innocently. "Uh, sure. What is it?" He replied, wanting to get this conversation over and done with.

"You see, I noticed how close you are with my Iwa baby. Don't think I didn't notice all the longing looks you gave him you little gay freak! You'd better stay away from my man, or I'll come for you and tell the whole school about your dirty little secret. Got it?"

At this point, she had Oikawa pinned against a wall and was staring angrily at him. Oikawa was at a loss for words. He probably would have laughed if it weren't for the whole "gay freak" part. In stead, he felt like crying. He just nodded his head, his lip trembling slightly.

"Good." She said with narrowed eyes and just walked off like nothing had happened. Oikawa felt even worse than he had before. In stead of going to his next lesson, he went home and told the school he felt sick, which wasn't entirely wrong.

He cried in his bed for about an hour before receiving a text from Mattsun.

Mattsun🤓
Where r u? Iwaizumi is lonely without you

Alien nerd 👽
At home
I felt sick so I went home

Mattsun🤓
U ok?

Alien nerd👽
No but I don't want to talk about it

Mattsun 🤓
Well, I'm here if you need me <3

Alien nerd👽
Thanks ❤️

Oikawa turned off his phone and decided just to go to sleep, hoping he could dream away all of his worries. But as his thoughts consisted of the events of that day, he found himself struggling.

So in stead, he went outside to practice volleyball. He felt that playing volleyball could always calm him down. And it worked, to some extent. And due to the exercise, he found himself felling more tired and more hungry.

He ate some food before finally laying down comfortably. He watched some ASMR to help him fall asleep and take his mind off of his troubles. He would have to deal with them the next day.

Hiii!! I'm not sure if Iwaizumi and Oikawa have any classes together so I'm sorry if I got anything wrong. Also, feel free to leave name suggestions for the girl, still not sure what to call her other than "iwa's girlfriend" or "annoying bitch" oh and I headcannon that Oikawa listens to ASMR to help him fall asleep and if you disagree, ur wrong /j. Anyways, I hope you guys have an amazing day/night! <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 1.4K 51
Iwaizumi finds himself realizing that he loves his best friend. But he doesn't know how to approach Oikawa about since they never talked about their...
168K 6K 75
As Iwaizumi came closer to room 103 he could hear Oikawa whining. "DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD IT HURTS?!?!" He continued "I think it's broken! I'll never be...
49.5K 1.2K 41
Oikawa isn't coming to school or practise, what the heck is going on!? (just pretend Iwaizumi is taller then Oikawa) btw there is a little bit of ang...
21.1K 902 30
After a big rift in high school, Hajime Iwaizumi and Tōru Oikawa thought their friendship was permanently broken. For the rest of their teenage years...