Let's change their future!

By Sch141

[Discontinued] Title of rewrite: That slacker can't slack for the life of him ^ Same user What's more to it... More

Prologue.
Smart Rosalyn. (Rosalyn)
Human, I'm famous! (Raon Miru)
Aye! Where's the alcohol? (Bud Illis and Glenn Poeff)
What? There's a bombing?
Someone's supposed death. (393/394/395)
The island is off the map now? (1)
The island is off the map now? (2)
Meeting the sage. (Pendrick)
Who are you? (172)
Not a chapter.

I finally escaped from that place. (Cage and Taylor)

7.4K 328 202
By Sch141

The TOTCF people are now in their respective rooms. And with their respective roommates. Yes, roommates. The roommates Amelia choose out herself, she, herself wanted these exact people to get in contact.

She, of course, left them with games to play. It was for them to play because she knew a few people wasn't going to rest as soon as they were sent into those rooms. Maybe she should put TVs in there next time?

But anyways, she also made sure they had their necessary accessories.

[A few minutes in]

[Sheritt, Raon, Cale, and Eruhaban]

Raon and Lord Sheritt are having a family Reunion. Lord Sheritt chose not to approach her son while she was in that screening room. It was the least she could do for the moment. But now that they put her in a room with him, there's no way she would ignore him.

"My son... I've always wanted to be in contact with you. I'm glad you're living a joyful life. " Sheritt decided she would hold off on telling her son everything (as in her past and what happened). Especially after hearing and knowing about his past. She would not want to pain him even more.

"I,I, M,My name is Raon! Raon Miru!" Raon burred out. He knew she must have known his name, but he wanted to say it again. He wanted to make sure she heard it from him.

It's seem this is his mother. How foreign. I tightened grip on my human's chest.

"Yes, I'll remember it well. It's a wonderful name." Sheritt says, smiling slightly.

Eruhaben, who did not have time to question it before and has wondered this ever since the little kids information. How did this baby dragon end up in that bastard's territory? And how is the dragon lord here, living?

[Ron, Beacrox, and Fredo]

Ron and Beacrox are with Fredo. Yes, Fredo,  discussing some 'information'.

Fredo was not expecting such familiar faces.

... Extremely familiar faces. Especially that butler.

Survivors of the Molan family?

How could he not remember them? The runaway Molans was in the lookout throughout the Arm Organization for years. They survived all those years? And it seems like they work for that 'Cale Henituse'.

How interesting.

[Harol, Toonka, Bud, and Glenn]

Harol is actively trying to hold off Toonka. How can such a situation happen to him? Whoever put them in here, with these exact people, really does have something against him!

"Harol! Stop holding on to me! These people are strong, let's fight them!"

"Are you crazy?! No, let's not fight them!"

"Fight? No, let's be civil." Bud voiced out while nodding to himself. He just wanted to sleep for now. Glenn, the guy next to him, agreed with him. Yes, there are times where he does agree with his friend, Bud.

[Archie, Witira, Paseton, and Clopeh]

Archie, Witira, and Paseton are just looking at Clopeh in silence. Well, maybe not, in exact 'silence' because Archie keeps muffling stuff (loudly) into Witira's ear.

"Witira, why is a priest looking bastard here?"

"Archie, stop being so disrespectful!"

"So, ... What are you folks?" Clopeh was the first to speak up in the room. He realized after observing them that they weren't human. He was wondering if these beings would be of any help for his legend.

"Ahem, we are whales."

"Whales?" Clopeh knitted his eyebrows together," Ha, how can these beings be of help?"

Archie raised one of his eyebrows at that comment, "Be of help?"

"Do you think beings as magnificent as us would help a human like you?"

"Archie!"

"Magnificent?" Clopeh had to sniffle in a laugh. There's only one being who could be called magnificent and that is, I. Me, Clopeh, that would have his name known all throughout history and passed down through generations, "You?"

"You dare disagree?" Archie is and will beat some sense into this guy. It will be easy since the king isn't here to stop him.

"Archie, just ignore him." Witira thought it was clear that this guy is trying to provoke us in some way and it's working. Well, it's working for Archie.

"Hm, that one seems the most feeble."

"You dare say that about my brother?" Witira changed her mind. She decided to beat some sense into this guy along with Archie.

"Archie, noona, quit it!"

[On, Hong, and Rex]

On and Hong are with a mysterious, uh-huh, other cat. They know this cat is a beast person because they, themselves, are from the cat tribe and can recognize other cats that are clearly from the cat tribe.

"Noona, who is that guy?" Hong whispered. He glanced suspiciously at the guy across from them.

"I don't know, Hong." On whispered back. She has never seen this guy back when they were members of the cat tribe.

But Rex is just confused why he was in his cat form. Or in the room with other... beast people?

[Mary, Tasha, and Alberu]

Mary, Tasha, and Alberu are in a room together, trying to figure out how to play this game named 'uno'. They have never seen this game anytime in their lifetime.

Before they started to play this game, they found out the room was connected to another room with Cage and Taylor in it. It was obvious that they wanted Alberu to give his ancient power to Taylor and make the deal that was spoken of, on the screen minutes ago.

"How do you play this damn game? There is only numbers and some weird symbols."

Tasha had to sniffle in a laugh, she couldn't believe her smart yet dumb nephew, "Alberu, I think it's shown on the back of the box you threw."

"Ah, really?"

Mary is just sitting near them, very eager to play.

[Taylor, and Cage]

Taylor and Cage, in the room next door, are ranting about the God of Death. And when I say ranting, it's just Cage. Taylor is just there for emotional support.

"Ugh, Taylor, you see what I go through? That damn God of Death has the audacity to make us up next!"

"Yes, Cage. I think I have more of an understanding of why you hate him so much."

"Mhm." Cage nodded her head along with Taylor's statement, "I do hate him! I don't know why he keeps talking to me, it's so irritating!"

[Pendrick, Rasheel, Mila, and Dodori]

Pendrick is freaking out because he's in a room of three! Yes, three other dragons! He thinks he might pass out soon.

"For me to be put in a room with these majestic beings..." Pendrick trembled (He's knees were ready to buckle at any moment). The past him would have never believed him if he ever told him a moment like this would happen sometime in the future.

"Hm? Shall I break your legs?" Rasheel was already listing the options in his head if he would so happened to break every bone in this elf's body.

But that, of course, did not happen. Mila and her threatening stare is here.

[White Star, Dorph, and Sayeru]

White Star and lieges were doing a night skin routine. White Star requested (threatened) that they do it with him.

"But liege, why do we have to do this?" Dorph asked while putting a cut cucumber slice on one of his eyes. His liege spoke of it being for relaxation. It is kinda relaxing, though.

"Lieges, do you know what the most important thing is after world domination?"

Dorph and Sayeru gave each other a side glance but they did not dare say anything to answer that question. They didn't have any answers that would fit the situation.

"HAHA! No answers, right? It is, of course, skin care. You have to have your priorities straight before deciding to take over the skies."

"Uhm, okay."

"Uh, sure."

Everyone else is, well, sleeping. Obviously.

[After the rest]

A majority of the people were now awake in there respective rooms. It was about time for the people to come back to react because it has been about seven-ish hours. It's good that they had this break because they would not have a break like this in a long while.

But there is one problem. Amelia is not able to be here as of yet. So, one of the gods decided to take matters into their own hands.

The god was, of course, the God of Death.

They are soon going to react to one of his favored, after all. Why wouldn't he take care of it? But it was a bit hard taking this opportunity as the Sun God kept bothering him.

Never-mind the Sun God. It was time for the people to come and react.

The room shook for a second as the God of Death did not have to use much of his powers to bring them back. It didn't take much for him to make them come back here.

The seating arrangements of course changed. Well, it was not much of a change, though. Lord Sheritt and Eruhaben are now sitting next to each other. They were seated to be more closer to Raon.

"What? We're back all of sudden."

"But where is Amelia?"

"Yeah, where is she? She supposed to be host of this place."

There was a rise of commotion. He, of course,  had to stop this.

[Ahem, Amelia is not here at the moment.]

[I, the God of Death, will help put the scenes on the screen.]

Many people in the room shuddered slightly. The God of Death? He will help us? Us? Why would a god do something so bothersome?

"What? Why couldn't you just send another servant?"

[Hm, Amelia was right. You humans sure do have a lot of questions to ask. Why would I send someone else? This is Amelia's job]

"...Amelia's job?"

[Yes, now hold your tongue and watch the screen]

Cale wasn't listening to the supposed 'God of Death' as he wanted to know where On and Hong were. He was in a room with the 'Dragon Lord' and two other dragons (that includes raon). He did not get much sleep.

"Where were you two?"

"We were with that guy! He's like us!"

"Nya! He's a baby like us!"

Cale turned his gaze to a grown ass man. Yes, a grown man. He looked to be in his twenties. What nonsense are these children saying? This guy does not seem to be a 'baby' like these children are saying.

Little did he know, On and Hong were actually talking about how this beast person did not go through his berserk transformation yet. The two of them were talking about how they were similar in that area.

NAME
Cage

"Damn it! I'm seriously going up next!" Cage groaned. She honestly didn't want to be shown up on the screen this soon.

ALIASES
The Crazy Priestess

"Huh? The crazy priestess is her nickname?"

"I wonder what she did to get that title."

OCCUPATIONS
Priestess (former)

AFFILIATIONS
Church of Death (former)
Taylor Stan
Cale Henituse
God of Death
+ More

"Even seeing it and hearing it for a second time feels like a blessing! I'm finally going to be free from that church!" When Cage saw the 'former' in both the 'Church of Death' and 'Priestess', she felt like she could jump in joy.

"But isn't it an honor being affiliated with that church?" Amiru felt conflicted. Isn't it a blessing to be associated with the church? Especially as a priestess?

"No? Why in hell would it be an honor?"

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
MARITAL STATUS
Single

PLACE OF BIRTH
Western Continent
Roan Kingdom

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
SPECIES
Human

GENDER
Female

HAIR COLOR
Brown

Cage is the priestess of the God of Death and Taylor Stan's close friend. She eventually becomes an ally of Cale Henituse. She is favored by the God of Death much to her displeasure, and is often talk directly to by him.

"Why would that God of Death favor you if dislike him so much?" Hannah questioned. Like why would this god favor her when she throws curses at him every second? So goddamn weird.

"I don't know." Cage shrugged, she does not really have an answer to that, "I think you would get an answer if you asked that son of a bitch."

[Cage, what's with you?]

"Haa? What do you mean? You should seriously go and ask yourself that question."

[Did I not answer that question already? I answered saying I'm perfect. Don't you agree?]

"So annoying!"

She is also a master of mental torture and specializes in curses.

Beacrox's eyes twinkled slightly at the mention of torture. It seems he has some competition.

"How bad is it?" Beacrox inquired. He wanted to know how deep her torturing and curses go for the person who is receiving it.

"How bad is what?"

"Your torturing and curses."

"Oh!" Cage thought back to the last time she tortured or cursed a person, "Uhm, it could bring a person to the bridge of death? Or they would be unstable mentally for life?"

"Honestly, it really depends on how I do it."

Beacrox just nodded his head at her statement. It appears the new competition he has is undoubtedly good at torture, he, himself can't deny that.

Appearance
She has short brown hair.

"That's it? Isn't there more to her appearance?"

"Yeah? She is very good-looking, though."

"Truth."

Abilities
Although she was not as sensitive as real mages, using divine powers allowed Cage to be pretty sensitive and perceptive toward her surroundings. She would be able to feel if there were any curses or negative energy surrounding an item or a place. She was, after all, a servant of the God of Death.

"Jack, it's like that for you too, right?" Hannah understands that her brother is only a half saint but he should be able to feel holy light or positive energy similar to how Cage does.

"Yeah. I believe it's only faint, though." Jack hasn't been around positive energy much (items or places that are surrounded by positive energy). So, he does not really know right now.

Her curses are said to be really scary. Some people even said her curses were at the level of a necromancer, the cursed profession.

"How fascinating." Tasha was amused. To know her curses could be at the level of a necromancer? Of Mary?

"I haven't cursed anyone, though..."

"Yes, Mary. That's true."

Original Plot
In the novel The Birth of a Hero, she was excommunicated due to going on a rampage after her best friend, Taylor Stan's death.

"W-What?" Cage exclaimed, "You can't be serious! Taylor was originally supposed to die?"

"Cage, calm down." Taylor stated with a shaky breath, "I'm still here, aren't I?"

"Yes, Taylor, I understand that but..."

Current Plot
In the current world, she was excommunicated from the church following Taylor Stan's deal with Crown Prince Alberu.

Alberu nodded his head along with statement on the screen. He also made the deal with Taylor and traded his ancient power like his future self. He did it back when they were in those resting rooms.

"See, Cage! I changed my fate. And I already made that deal with the crown prince and healed my legs back in those rooms."

"Yeah, it's good that your fate was changed."

The God of Death spoke to Cage from time to time. This had suddenly happened one day and would sporadically appear like this. Cage had hidden this fact from the church, and only Taylor and his three subordinates knew about it.

Many people still couldn't believe she wanted to hide something like that. To hide the fact that she could talk to the God of Death from time to time. Why would she hide it?

"Why would you hide it?"

"I don't want to be a Saint or the Holy Maiden! The people from the Church of Death would most definitely label me as one. They would do it as soon as they find out I could talk to the God of Death every once in a while." Cage is getting annoyed just thinking about it!

Before the beginning of the current plot the God of Death usually spoke to her about once a year, but is started to happen more often before Taylor and Cage's arrival to the Puzzle City where they received a mail from Cale Henituse.

"Oh? Cage, maybe we were right!"

"They'll surely show it on your Wikipedia, Taylor! We'll see then."

In the past the God of Death only came to Cage when she was sleeping. Sleep was similar to death. That was why sleep was a path of sorts for the God of Death. However, at the Puzzle City for the first time she had heard her lord while she was drinking.

"Wait, what?"

"He talked to her while she was drinking?"

"Wait, so, how was it like?" Glenn questioned. He wanted to know how it would be like talking to a god in broad daylight.

"I was just drinking and poof, he startled me by talking to me when I was drinking. My alcohol even fell out of my hand!"

"That god ruined your drink?" Bud couldn't believe that god would ruin someone's alcohol. Couldn't he come talk to her at a later time?

"Yeah, he did! He's such a bastard!"

Glenn wanted to ask more about it but he just slammed his mouth shut. The conversation they were having here changed into a completely different one.

Trivia

She finds the God of Death annoying and would always swear at him. She wanted him to stop paying attention to her.

"Yeah! He should stop paying attention to me!"

"It's so tiring how he always talks to me!"

Cage likes to drink. She also carries shot glasses in the wide sleeves of her priestess outfit.

"Uh-huh, how unique. Do you have some glasses in your sleeves right now?" Harol says, bewildered.

"I sure do!" Cage pulled out a few cups from her wide sleeve priestess outfit, much to everyone's surprise.

A majority of people around the room were just wondering if she was actually is that crazy for alcohol? Well, maybe, she is. She did voluntarily join in on that drinking competition a little while ago.

Cage is good at acting.

Cage rarely engaged with people other than people from the temple or her close friends.

She was someone who frequently cursed the temple of the God of Death but was still loved by the lord.

She was someone who had experienced death many more times than anybody else because she was a priestess of the God of Death, thus causing her to be very clear about the value of life.

"She really must've experienced a lot of deaths."

"Especially since she could even hear the God of Death from time to time."

"And is favored by him."

Cale begin to slightly reminisce about his past as Kim Rok Soo after hearing that statement on the screen. He, too, was a person who had a lot of experience with death.

As a priestess she needed to act all nice and innocent, even though she found that to be very annoying. That was the number one reason she wanted to be excommunicated.

"Oh, is that why?"

"It even said earlier that she was good at acting."

The God of Death has asked Cage many times if she would like to become a Holy Maiden.

"Holy fucking maiden? Is that god out of his goddamn mind?" Cage wondered if the God of Death had a working head. Me? As the Holy Maiden? Couldn't he ask someone who, you know? Actually wants the job?

"He might be." Taylor didn't understand that god. Why would he ask her something like that when she clearly doesn't want it?

Hannah looked at Cage in understanding. She, too, doesn't like the position of the 'Holy Maiden'. It's nice to know there's someone else who has similarities in this aspect.

[...Next participant Taylor Stan will be
shown on the screen soon...]

"Ah, it must be my turn now."

"Are you nervous?"

"No, not really."

NAME
Taylor Stan

ALIASES
Marquis Taylor Stan

RELATIVES
Former Marquis Stan (father)
Venion Stan (younger brother)
Unnamed Younger Sister #1
Unnamed Younger Sister #2
Unnamed Younger Brother #1

"I did it!" Taylor felt thrilled. It's good seeing it for himself that he indeed got the position back as the rightful heir. He had enough confidence in himself to get the position back after healing his legs. There's not much competition anyways.

"Yes, you did, Taylor!" Cage cheered, "It was obvious that you would get the position back. You deserve it!"

OCCUPATIONS
Marquis of Stan

AFFILIATIONS
Stan Family
Alberu Crossman
Cale Henituse
Cage
Roan Kingdom

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
PLACE OF BIRTH
Roan Kingdom
Western Continent

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
SPECIES
Human

GENDER
Male

Taylor Stan is the eldest son of the Stan family and the only good person in the family.

"Wow, ok then."

"Ha! I guess every noble household has some secrets."

"For him to be the only good person? Damn, that really says a lot."

Taylor agreed with the statement on the screen. During the time he lived in the Stan family household, he remembers it not being fun with his siblings and father around the place. Living in that household was more like a ticking time bomb than a 'home'.

...He hopes he can change that.

He was originally the heir, but was forced out of that position after the lower half of his body became paralyzed due to having both his knees destroyed by a hitman. Said hitman was sent by Taylor's younger brother, Venion Stan.

"So, it was him!" Cage stated while gritting her teeth. She just knew it was him! She should have joined in on that beating earlier that involved Venion. She just hopes he is still alive so she could curse him!

Taylor hummed to Cage's statement quietly. It wasn't much of a surprise that it was him who did it, just to get the heir position.

Their father didn't even bat an eyelash even though he knew Venion was responsible, as it was the tradition in their family that only the most ruthless could be the Marquis. To him it was an exciting sport.

"Is this how human families work?" Dodori questioned. Do humans just go around hurting their siblings? And their parents find this 'an exciting sport'?

"Hm. Not all human families work that way, my son."

"It's just that type of noble family."

Taylor had always had a fragile body, even before his legs became paralyzed, and therefore was weak-looking. He has pale blonde hair that hangs down past his shoulders and green eyes.

Original Plot
In the novel The Birth of a Hero, Taylor found an ancient text in an old bookstore and was able to decipher the words: Restoration and Rock Tower. Following those clues, he headed to Puzzle City and obtained Vitality of the Heart, but discovered it could only heal injuries that occurred after obtaining it. The discovery caused Taylor to fall into despair and only a month later, he was killed by an organization Venion had sent. His death caused his best friend Cage to kill half the assassins, and as a result she was excommunicated from the Church of the God of Death.

"Venion Stan truly is a horrible person."

"Right? I'm glad he didn't get his way."

Taylor quickly grasped Cage's hand before she could say anything. He wanted to bring reassurance and make sure she knows he's still here, alive

Cage soon felt the warmth in her hand. She gave Taylor a slight smile. Yes, Taylor is here, living. That Venion truly won't get his way!

Current Plot
In the current world, Cale Henituse obtained Vitality of the Heart instead of Taylor. He also left Taylor with an anonymous note informing him that the Crown Prince Alberu Crossman had a one-time-use Ancient Power he was willing to trade for a way to keep the Second and Third Prince in check.

"Taylor, we were right! He was the one who helped us!" Cage believes Cale Henituse truly did change their lives for the better. He was the person who even left the note informing them about the ancient power that's from the crown prince.

"Yes, we knew it all along!"

"Thank you so much, young master Cale." Taylor thanked Cale with all his heart. How could he not thank him? With young master Cale's help, he was able to heal his legs.

Cale just nodded awkwardly. He did not know the screen would even show this.

The Ancient Power was called The Star of Healing and could heal any injuries.

"How did the crown prince get the ancient power anyways?"

"Yeah, where did he get it?"

Alberu heard how the people around him was questioning him having an ancient power and he is not planning to reveal too much information. He guesses he will just tell them this one thing, "I got it from my deceased mother."

The people in your room clamped their mouths shut after hearing that. They decided not to ask anymore questions.

With this knowledge in mind, Taylor and Cage began heading towards the Capitol of Huiss, running into Cale on the way and traveling with him for a bit. Not long before they reached the Capitol they talked privately with Cale, hoping to obtain some money since their resources were limited. Cale not only gave them money but also helped smuggle them into the Capitol.

Litana couldn't help but feel more and more admiration for the noble. She, herself, hasn't met many nobles like this man.

"Young master-nim is such a kind person." Hans, the Deputy butler of the Hesituse family, stated. He knew that he helped them when we ran into them, but to think he even helped them get into the capital!

"Wow, he didn't have to do all that..."

"He helped them quite a lot."

Cale had made the two of them making a Vow of Death to not tell anyone about his help.

"Why though?"

"Maybe he didn't want people to know about his kind act?"

"Huh?"

"Yeah."

Taylor and Cage later showed up uninvited at the banquet held by the Crown Prince at the Capitol and were seated next to Cale.

On the day of King Zed birthday celebration, Taylor showed up in front of all the nobles with his legs healed, much to their surprise, and shared a carriage with Cale. During a moment alone, he explained that he got his legs healed by promising to become the head of the Marquis Stan estate, though he stated he did not promise his loyalty but instead made a deal.

Many people around the room looked at Taylor to see his legs are indeed now healed. He must have healed them when everyone went to those rooms to rest.

"Young master Taylor, what was included in the deal?"

"To keep the third and second prince in check and make sure I get the position as the Marquis on his end. To help get my legs heal and to help get Cage excommunicated from the Church of Death on my end." Taylor shared the information that deemed was necessary. It is about the important information that matters.

He help to make fake ancient text for Cale, to trick the White Star.

"White Star?"

"Damn, he's the leader."

"For Me? To trick White Star?" Cale wondered why he would need such a thing. Is this 'White Star' getting in his way of his slacker life? He must be with the amount of times he is mentioned.

"Hm, I guess it would make sense to ask me to cooperate in making a fake ancient text since I'm quite knowledgeable in that field but why is it to trick this so-called 'White Star'?"

"Taylor, we'll probably know more about later it."

"That is true, Cage."

"Ha!" White Star cannot deny it, doing something like that is smart. But he now knows about this information, "Sayeru, write that down."

"Yes, yes. I'm already on it."

Trivia

He respects Cale and he is one of his role models.

"I should not be your role model." Cale stated, weakly.

"Hm, why not?" Rosalyn asked. She felt like it was understandable after all. Cale has done quite a lot to help young master Taylor.

"Huh?"

"With how you helped and supported both Cage and Taylor, I feel like it was understandable. Understandable if he thinks of you as his role model or respects you."

"What are you talking about?"

"You obviously?"

He thinks that Cale is a symbol of luck for him ever since the moment he met Cale.

"...And I'm not a symbol of luck."

"You are, young master Cale. That's what I believe at least." Taylor believes so because everything has been going his way ever since he met the guy.

"Me too, Taylor. I believe he is a symbol of luck, too."

Cale signed. Now he is also hearing the children adding on to the statements.

"Yes, I believe you are a symbol of luck! My brother and I now have food to eat everyday!"

"Me too, I won't get hurt anymore along with my noona!"

"Yes, the human has helped all three of us!"

He knows and research about ancient powers.

He is very close with Cage, they are always together.

"Cage, do you remember the first time we met?"

"Yes, Taylor, I miss those days. I miss those chubby cheeks!"

"Cage, shut up!"

He is the type of person that worries more about the citizens than himself.

"He would make a good Marquis."

"Yes, absolutely. Especially knowing he worries about the citizens on that level."

"Yeah."

Although he looks weak he has the strongest alcohol tolerance out of the three of him, Cage and Cale.

Compared to his gentle appearance, Taylor is a risk-taker. That was how he was able to be in front of Venion, even with his ethical personality, before he was attacked.

"Me being a risk-taker got us somewhere. Right, Cage?"

"Correct!"

The screening was, of course, done. People just started talking among themselves. It was the only thing they could do in their spare time besides eating or drinking anyways.

A few minutes passed before they heard a voice resound in the room. It wasn't the voice they were hoping for.

[Hello, everyone]

Everyone shut their mouth after hearing that voice. It's the God of Death. Once Again. Amelia must not be finished with whatever she is doing at the moment.

[Cage and Taylor are done, right? We should continue on with the next screening]

"Wait! I have a question to ask before that!"

[Cage? Okay, go ahead]

"Why exactly do you favor me? You do know how much I dislike you, right?"

[Hm? A question for me? Wow... such improvement. Do you want to see something? It is something very interesting]

"Huh? Is it to answer my question? ...Sure, show it to me."

[...The screen is turning back on and in the process of changing. Please wait for it to load...]

Episode 393 – The crazy one, the innocent one, and the laughing one (3)

"What? This is what you want to show me?"

[Yes, watch]

"Such an interesting title."

"We should should see who's the crazy, innocent, and laughing one at the end."

"Heh, for sure."

Knock knock knock.

Some quiet knocks were coming from the bedroom door.
Raon slowly turned invisible and flew over to Alberu's bed.

"My bed? Are you guys in my bedroom?" Alberu couldn't believe this development. These people are in his room. His room. What on earth is going on? He knew that he was going to have some sort of relation with Cale Henituse but what are they doing his bedroom? What?

'What is Raon doing there all of a sudden?' Cale did not like this. If Raon is there. He, too, might be over there.

...In the crown prince's bedroom.

Plop.

One side of the bed was pressed down, but it was not very visible.

"Come in."

The bedroom door slowly opened. One of Alberu's trusted Dark Elf subordinates in his human form walked two people into the room.

"Trusted subordinates?!"

"The crown prince has Dark Elves on his side?"

"Do they live in hiding?"

"Long time no see, everyone!"
"There's someone I'm not familiar with as well as some people I have not met in a while."

"Aye, Taylor, it's us!" Cage stated, enthusiastically. Is the God of Death actually going to answer her question by showing her this? And it also seems like he will also show us some more important information for the future.

"Hm, it is us...?" But why are we in the crown prince's bedroom? How bizarre.

Cage was greeting everyone with excitement.
Although she was given the title of the crazy priestess in, [REDACTED] , she just went by Cage now.
She had been staying with her close friend Taylor after leaving the Sun God twins in the Mogoru Empire.

"Huh? In what? Who gave me the title 'crazy priestess'?" Cage didn't really understand the sentence. It seems like they're taking out some words or something?

"And the Sun God twins? Like the Holy maiden and the Saint? Do we become allies or friends in future...?"

"What? Do I go back to that damn empire?" Hannah didn't want to believe what she was seeing on the screen. Does she go back? Why would her future self go back to that place? She now has people she could actually call family outside of the empire, so why would she go back to that place?

"Sister, maybe you do...?"

Taylor Stan calmly greeted everyone from behind her.
The firstborn of Marquis Stan's household who had hurt his legs. The trashed heir had healed his legs and had now become the central figure of the Roan Kingdom's Northwest region's nobles.

"Woah, the central figure?"

"He's the real deal!"

"But what's with the trashed heir part?"

"Young master Cale-nim."

Taylor Stan reached his hand out to shake Cale's hand.
He was still speaking respectfully to Cale even though he was a Marquis now.

"It's been a while, Marquis-nim."

No fucking way. He's there? With Raon? In the crown prince's bedroom? He, him, is apart of this secret meeting.

He can't deny it now, he will, he will be apart of something troublesome in the future.

Cale happily shook Taylor's hand.
Cale had contacted many people in the Roan Kingdom after chatting with Witira.
Alberu, Cage, and Taylor were some of those people.

'My, chatting with me?' Witira recalled when Cale Henituse was going to have that meeting with her, her father and Archie. They did not show that meeting on the screen but it was clear he was doing something important with us. And for him to have direct contact with me?

She wonders what exactly is happening. Do the whales get involved with land matters?

"The young master was the one who brought all those people together?"

"Wow, amazing."

"He has great... connections."

"Everybody, take a seat."

Alberu sat at the head of the table and the others sat down as well. Taylor Stan was the first to speak.

"I'm happy to see you after such a long time, but I never expected you to suddenly contact me like this."

He was looking at Cale. There were many complicated emotions in his eyes.

Shock, delight, joy, and respect.
They were all quite positive emotions.

"...I don't not blame my future self." It seems like the Taylor on the screen hasn't seen the man in long time. If I think of Cale as one of my role models I, of course, would react that way.

"Yeah, it seems like you haven't seen him ages."

It could not be helped.

He had traveled to many places around the Roan Kingdom with Cage in an attempt to heal his legs. Everything had worked out for him from the moment he met Cale.

Cale was a symbol of luck for him as well as one of his role models.
That was why Taylor happily traveled to the crown prince's bedroom today.

"Haha! It's saying the same statement here as what it stated before." Amiru exclaimed.

"Yeah, that he is one of his role models." Eric followed up with Amiru's statement.

"You were shocked because of the sudden call?"

Taylor smiled at Cale's question.
Cale's weak-looking but firm expression was still the same.

"Yes, I was a bit shocked. I especially did not expect you to contact me about ancient powers."

"Oh, maybe they're talking about the tricking White Star thing?"

"Oh, yeah! That's right!"

"Ah! The ancient text...?"

Cale started to smile.

Wind Island where he got the golden top's whip.
Once he looked at the black temple's ceiling art and heard the story about the ancient White Star...

"Golden top's whip? What's that?" What Cale is doing right now is asking question after question to questions he won't get the answers to, at least not at this moment. Heh.

"Wind Island? What was he doing there?" Bud stated in a state of shock, "The last time I went there I almost died! Did he manage to go on that island and come back alive?!"

"Bud, calm down. We will know soon enough."

Cale had decided that he needed to find the most knowledgeable person about ancient powers and immediately thought about Taylor Stan.

Taylor touched his knee.

"Whatever this is, it's quite detailed. They did not need to show the 'touched his knee' thing."

"Maybe it's to comprehend it better?"

"What? Comprehend it?"

"Yes, comprehend it. Like to know more of what is going on."

"I did quite a lot of research on ancient powers and ancient times. I believe I know the most about ancient powers in the Roan Kingdom."
"You are correct. Do you remember telling me about the Guardian of Boulder in the past?"
"I do. We traveled together to the capital at that time."

Alberu had his chin in his hand as he quietly watched Cale and Taylor chat.
It was a nice and gentle atmosphere.

"Are you bored on the screen, your highness?" Tasha teased.

"Huh? No. It doesn't seem like I'm bored."

"Maybe lonely?" Tasha tried to sound as dejected as possible. She continued to tease her nephew, "You don't have anyone to talk to."

Alberu wanted to roll his eyes at his aunt's sentiments but he decided not to as he still wanted to uphold his image as the crown prince of the Roan Kingdom.

He saw the excommunicated priestess Cage start to pull something out of her baggy sleeves before putting it back just as he was about to be enchanted by this atmosphere.

'Wine glasses?'

He wondered if he had seen it correctly, but there was no time to think about that for a long time.
It was because he heard Taylor's voice.

"See, the crown prince can't believe it either!"

"That she carries wine glasses around!"

"Heh, it's kinda funny."

"You want me to create a fake ancient document?"

Cale started to smile.

"Is it not possible?"
"It is illegal."

Taylor looked toward Cale with a serious expression.

"But I will give it a go."

"We were right!"

"Yup, we were! We were right about them referring to the fake ancient texts!"

Alberu started to chuckle.

"Look at these nobles talking about breaking the law inside the crown prince's bedroom."

He then shrugged his shoulders as Cale and Taylor looked at him.

"You ruined the atmosphere!"

Alberu wanted to ask 'what atmosphere?' but he decided against it. He decided to keep his mouth shut and continue to watch the screen.

"Well, I'm not saying that I am against it."

Cale turned back away from Alberu and continued to speak to Taylor.

"Oh, nevermind."

"Marquis Stan-nim, you should know better than anybody else how ancient documents look like."

The types of paper used in them, how old the papers are, and even the wording used inside them.
Taylor was top-notch when it came to those things.
He had researched those ancient documents day and night to be able to find an ancient power that could heal his legs.

"Day and night? Your dedication goes a long way." Jopis exclaimed.

"Of course."

"What do I need to put in that ancient document?"

Cale pulled a document out of his pocket after hearing that question.
Taylor opened the document after receiving it from Cale.

"...This is?"

He started to frown.
He stared at the document for a long time before looking at Cale and asking a question.

"What language is this?"

Choi Han's eyes shook once again at the familiar language on the screen. Korean? On those documents?

Cale also freaked out a bit, but he quickly regained his posture.

"Is that the 'Korean' language they talked of earlier?"

"Maybe? Why is it showing up now?"

There were about twenty pages of text.
Each page was divided in half.
Taylor pointed to the bottom of the pages.

"This is the Western continent's common language used since ancient times."

His finger slowly moved up.

"But these letters on the top half of the pages are something I have never seen before."

A thick smile appeared on Cale's face.

This document was something that Cale and Choi Han had created together.
Each page had Korean on the top half and the Western continent's common language on the bottom half.

Cale and Choi Han quickly glanced at each other, but then just as quickly avoided eye contact. They both were freaking out again and had different reasons for freaking out.

'Did I tell Choi Han that I used to come from Korea? That I used to be Kim Rok Soo? I never planned doing that nonsense!'

'Cale-nim really does know Korean. But how...?'

Taylor looked back at the document after seeing Cale smile without responding.

The bottom half of the first page of the document.
The words written in the Western continent's common language underneath the mysterious language were the following.

< This is I, Nelan Barrow's other record. >
< I am leaving behind a record in the West just as I did in the East. Those living underneath the light will never be able to find this. >

"Nelan Barrow."

"Nelan Barrow?" Cale felt even more conflicted. Is this a mere coincidence? I remember when I read 'Birth of a Hero' that the author's name was, in fact, Nelan Barrow.

...What the hell?

"How does he know of that person's name?" White Star knew who that person was. The name of the first dragon slayer. Does this 'Cale Hesituse' somehow get to his hometown? And he also recognizes the language on the screen as he was unable to read that language on the first dragon slayer's record.

He was not able to find out what that language was even after searching for years upon years.

Taylor mumbled that name.

"...Young master Cale, who is this person?"
"I'm not sure."

"Lies!"

"He's lying!"

Cale did not respond this time either. He then leaned toward Taylor and started to whisper.

"What I can tell you is that it is fake to us, but it needs to be real to everyone else."

Taylor did not care about the contents of the document anymore. Now that he knew what he needed to do, he carefully placed the document in his inner pocket.

"Only the people at this table will know the truth."

"Ah, so the crown prince, miss Cage, young master Taylor, and young master Cale?" John questioned.

"It must be so." Valentine believes so. Maybe that little dragon could be included?

Cale smiled with satisfaction after hearing Taylor's response.

"Do you need anything else?"

Cale did not hesitate to respond to Taylor's question.

"I need information about the ancient powers within the Roan Kingdom. I don't need specific details, just short versions of the legends."
"Mm, within the Roan Kingdom."

"Information about ancient powers within the Roan Kingdom?"

"Why? Why does he need such information?"

"Not sure, nobody is sure."

Pat. Pat.

Taylor patted his knee a few times before nodding his head and asking a question.

"Around when do you need it by?"
"It would be best if it is completed in the next month or two."
"Then I will give it a go."

"In a month or two?"

"Wowie, that's quite short."

Taylor quickly responded and Cale smiled to show his gratitude before looking away. He could see Cage sitting there with a smile on her face and her hand in her sleeve.

"Miss Cage?"
"Ahem, young master-nim. Aren't you craving alcohol?"
"I am okay."

Cage looked disappointed at Cale's quick response. Someone started to speak into her mind at that moment.

"Of course, I would be disappointed! The me on screen wanted a drinking buddy!"

"I could be your drinking buddy." Bud suggested.

"Aren't you already my drinking buddy?"

"Ayeeee!"

– Cage! Lately, we have this guy named Bud who loves to drink! The great and mighty Raon Miru will introduce you to him next time!

"That dragon knows his stuff!" Cage loves how this dragon is trying to cheer her up. How precious!

"He sure does." Introducing me to a new drinking friend? Count me in!

Cage's expression quickly turned bright after hearing Raon's voice in her mind as he was hiding from Taylor who did not know about him.
Cale felt iffy about how quickly Cage's expression changed, but he still started to speak.

"Miss Cage, if possible-"
"What is it? Do you want me to come with you? Or do you want me to answer your questions if possible? Is it related to an oath of death?"
"Excuse me? Ah, well. Yes, that is the case. How did you know?"

"Ah, Am I going to hear the answer to my question now?" Cage was extremely eager to hear the answer. She just wanted to know the answer to her question! It might just show up on the screen now.

"Maybe? Since it's getting into the conversation of the 'God of Death' type stuff."

Cage started to smile toward Cale who was asking with a confused expression.

"Young master-nim, my dreams have been quite memorable for the last few days."

The God of Death had been visiting her quite often lately after being gone for a while.
Cage, who was excommunicated but still cherished by the God of Death who did not take her abilities away, was tormented by the God of Death the last few days.

"He told me something in my dreams. He said that you would come to look for me. He said you would ask about an oath from 1,000 years ago."

"1,000 years ago? Are they perhaps going to talk about me...?" Sheritt did make an oath with a dragon slayer through the God of Death about 10,000 years ago.

"You made an oath through the God of Death 1,000 years ago, madam?" Eruhaben inquired.

"Hmm, not necessarily, I'm sure they will show it on the screen when the time comes."

Cale's expression stiffened up.

She was right.
As she mentioned, Cale was curious about the oath that Lord Sheritt had made with the Dragon Slayer through the God of Death.
He was curious about the God of Death putting a curse of reincarnation.

"Ah, they are talking about me."

And most importantly.
He wanted to know if he could lift the curse since he could cast it in the first place.

"Haa? Lift the curse?" White Star was sure the man on the screen was talking about him.

"This man sure is idiotic."

"Right, liege?"

"He told me in my dream."

Cage put her hand into her sleeve. Alberu flinched again, but nobody noticed as everybody was focused on her hand coming back out of her sleeve.

"Goodness, your highness! It's funny how you're the only one noticing!" Tasha stated while chuckling.

"Right?! Everyone in that room seems to be focused on my words and here is his highness worrying about my sleeve!"

"He said to give you this picture when I saw you again."
A rolled-up paper was in Cage's hand.

"He also said to give you this book."

The black book was in Cage's hand as well.
This was the God of Death's divine item that Cale had found in the Mogoru Empire.

"Will I, too, get associated with that damn god in the future?" Cale couldn't believe his future self. Angels, Demons and Gods were the beings he wanted to say away from the most. And here he is voluntarily getting a message from this god and that includes the black book!

"Young master Cale, you're not associated with him. You just got some stuff from him."

"Same-difference!"

It was the book that only had one sentence written over and over when priestess Cage read it.
She quietly started to read.

"Are you curious about the method to kill death?"

She then looked toward Cale.

"That is what the book says. My dream told me to hand these two things to you. It also told me to not ask any questions."

'Don't ask any questions?'

Cale started to think while looking at the black book and the rolled-up paper in Cage's hand.

"Huh? Is it a personal thing?"

"Possibly."

"How bland. Just saying to 'not ask questions'."

'Should I take those or not.'

However, he needed to take it.
Cale received the two items that were in Cage's hand.
Cage started to speak as she handed them over.

"No, don't take it! Burn them!"

"Haa? Cale!"

"To be honest with you, I can't tell whether what is written on the paper are words or images."

She just copied what she saw in her dreams.

"However, he said that you need to look at it alone, young master-nim. He said not to show anybody else. The paper will burn and disappear as soon as you show it to someone else."
"...What kind of..."

Rosalyn was about to complain before stopping herself.
Cale got up from his seat.

"Oh? I'm there, too?" She was in the little grouping (aka party) of being in the crown prince's bedroom in the middle of the night and being in this secret meeting.

"But anyways, what kind of sketchy thing is that? To not show it to anybody else and if he does, it will disappear?"

"I will go read it in that corner. He said to look at it alone, so I'll have to do that."
"What?"

Alberu started to frown.

"No way he said he would read it in the corner! Does he not have self-awareness?"

"What a crazy bastard."

"You don't even know what it is, but you're going to go open it in the corner?"
"What's wrong with that?"

Cale made it sound as if it was nothing as he headed to a corner of the room.
Nobody was around him.

"Young master Cale, I understand you and then I don't understand you. How can you go to the corner like that? You really are making it sound as if it's nothing." Rosalyn becomes speechless every moment she reacts to this man on the screen.

"Cause, it is nothing?" Something from those gods will not make him react in an old fashion.

The screen was now done rolling, so the screening was finished. Is this all that god wanted to show us? But many people are complaining about it being shut off, can't they continue it? They cut it off way too soon.

"What?! Why is the screen closing down?"

"What the... aren't we getting to something important?"

"Right? Why did they leave us hanging like that!"

[Done? How was that, Cage?]

"Uh, that did not answer my question at all."

[Your question? Why would that be answering your question? I was just showing off one of my biggest entrances.]

"You bastard! Are you serious?! If you are not even going to answer my question, can't you at least continue the showing on screen? We kinda want to know what would happen next."

[What? I can't show that part unless they are here. Sorry not sorry, Cage]

"You... you! You damn god!"

*********

Another early morning post.

Was the roommate thing enjoyable to read? I don't really know if I liked it.

I'm on summer break by the way! I don't really know if I'll post more than what I do now though.

Bye, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 625 5
The S-Class that I Raised x Trash of the Count's Family Fanfiction Crossover . . . Getting a chance to live in peace (maybe), after dying in the last...
2K 97 24
Disclaimer: 백작가의 망나니가 되었다 - 유려한 | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction. ...
3.4K 180 18
The infamous Count family, the wealthy aristocrat that have been protecting Roan Kingdom from the Forest of Darkness for generations. Rumors have spr...
2.7K 179 4
Maybe if he did things differently... Maybe he wouldn't be standing here again. In front of a grave. No. It wasn't 'A grave ' anymore. Not anymore...