Wayward Heart: Book 1

Av amaryllisartisan

Damon Salvatore begrudgingly accepts a request from his friend Alaric to watch over someone important to him... Mer

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38

Part 34

100 2 0
Av amaryllisartisan

Stefan's phone buzzed and he looked at it briefly, "Abby is at the boarding house."

"Good," Klaus leaned back in his seat, "perhaps this plan won't be an epic failure after all. You know, if this does go off and we drop the history teacher in the Atlantic, I'm still leaving with Elena."

"I'll go with you," Stefan told him.

Emma remained silent in the back seat.

"Really?" Klaus seemed genuinely surprised, "What's the catch?"

"There is no catch," Stefan explained, "I'd turn my back on everything here to make sure Elena was safe."

"And that is what makes you her better option. It's a shame it's not easier for Elena to see that," Klaus turned slightly in his seat so he could see Emma too, "I mean, personally, I think she's wasting her time with Damon."

Emma scoffed, "That is exactly what she is doing, wasting time."

"You know, all this time and energy you've spent trying to get me and my brother to hate each other. It's actually had the opposite effect," Stefan grinned.

Klaus laughed, "Has it? Has it really? Well, then perhaps I should let Elena decide which Salvatore joins us, being as you and Damon are so close."

"You're mind game isn't going to work Klaus," Emma sat up, "she only has two options, Stefan Salvatore, or no Salvatore."

Emma got out of the car and walked over to a picnic table.

"Keep it up Klaus, Damon and I have been through a hell of a lot worse than you," Stefan got out of the car and went to join Emma.

Emma stared at the front door of the school, tossing her options around in her head for how to help Alaric after he was desiccated.

"Can we take Ric to the bunker in Kansas after all of this?" She asked Stefan.

"If it is as secure as you say it is, then that is probably the best place anyway," Stefan deduced, he sighed before he added, "don't let Klaus put doubt in your head, Damon loves you."

Emma looked over and smiled at Stefan, "I know."

"Do you though?" Emma felt Damon's arms snake around her as he sat down next to her.

"If you don't think I know enough, you are more than welcome to show me later," Emma teased before she kissed him.

Bonnie rolled her eyes as she walked up, "Anyway, I just got this app, it connects me to Caroline and Elena through our phones. They're in Alaric's classroom, you should go through the South entrance."

Damon scoffed, "A digital locator spell, why the hell would you need that."

"You're age is showing grandpa," Jeremy joked.

"That's great, great, great..." Damon looked at Emma, "is it three, four, or five greats?"

"I really, really don't want to think about it," Emma shook her head.

Damon saw Jeremy's resurrection ring on his finger, he held his hand out towards him, "Hand it over."

"I'm not giving you my ring," Jeremy said defiantly, "let me do this."

"By my math, you've already bit it once, this will be twice, wearing that thing; and if for some reason, Bonnie can't restart your heart and you do indeed die, then before you know it, we have another psycho alter ego case on our hands, which is bad so give me the ring," Damon put his hand out closer to Jeremy.

"This is my ring and Elena is my sister, no one is going to fight harder for her than me," Jeremy continued to argue.

"Fine be stubborn," Damon pursed his lips before he looked at Bonnie, "try not to kill him, will you?"

"Damon," Emma sighed, before she turned to Bonnie, she took off her broken Phoenix ring and handed it to Bonnie, "use this to channel me if you have to."

Bonnie nodded and smiled, grateful for such a major boost to her magic.

"Look at this, one big, happy family," Klaus walked up.

"Drink this," Bonnie handed each of them a small vial of blood, "it's my blood. It bridges us all together so that when I stop Jeremy's heart, you'll have the power to stop Alaric's. You need to make a physical connection to his bloodstream; a vein, artery, something connected to his heart."

The three vampires easily downed their vials while Emma continued to work up the courage to drink hers. Damon fished out a flask from his jacket and handed it to her, she thanked him with a smile and unscrewed the top. She quickly downed the blood and chased it with a swig of Damon's bourbon.

"If one of us get's a clean shot at him, take it," Stefan went over the plan again, "the other's hold him in place."

"Before we all walk through these doors, let's get on the same page, shall we? I was the one who created your vampire bloodline, therefore I am responsible for your lives and Tyler's life, Caroline's life, and of course, Abby's life, should anything go wrong," Klaus told them all.

"Or you're lying to save your ass," Damon called him out.

"I'm not lying, but go ahead and call my bluff. Let the teacher kill me, you'll all be dead soon after," Klaus scowled at Damon.

"Let's just get this over with, shall we?" Stefan said as he walked towards the school.

As they all quietly walked down the hall they saw a panicked Caroline running across, Klaus took off after her, leaving Emma, Stefan, and Damon alone. Emma put her hand up to stop the men when they got closer.

"Do it, kill me!" Elena yelled at Alaric as he pinned her up against the lockers.

"Now!" Damon shouted, signaling for everyone to move.

Stefan and Damon both grabbed Alaric and held him still for Emma to grab him, but Alaric over powered them and he pulled Stefan in front of him, he broke his back with his leg, killing him instantly. Damon backed away towards Emma quickly.

"Emma," Alaric looked her up and down, "you have all that power to take down any vampire you want. I thought I taught you better than this, a monster is a monster, instead you sleep with the enemy."

"Well, then come on," Emma egged him on, trying to get him to attack, "bring me to justice."

Alaric charged at her but Damon stepped in-between them, Damon didn't even have a chance to fight back before Alaric had him in a head lock. He snapped Damon's neck like it was a toy and he fell to the ground dead. Emma couldn't help but wince. She had never seen Damon dead before, and although she knew he would be fine, her heart broke slightly. She imagined it was how Damon felt every time he had to see her dead.

"Now that he is out of the way..." Alaric continued towards Emma.

Emma kicked her leg out and managed to knock Alaric back for a moment. Klaus stepped up and shoved his hand through Alaric's chest, grabbing his heart. Emma felt her strength falter slightly as Bonnie channelled her, she fell to her knees and gasped.

Alaric got the upper hand on Klaus and pushed him off, he pulled out the white oak stake and began trying to shove it into Klaus's heart.

"Stop!" Elena screamed from down the hall, she held a knife to her throat, "Let him go, or I'll kill myself."

Emma suddenly felt her power surge again and she was able to stand, she started looking for an opportunity to take Alaric down.

Alaric scoffed at her threat, "Put the knife down Elena."

"Why? Because you still need me alive? There's a reason why Esther used me to make you, isn't there? She didn't want you to be immortal, so she tied your life to a human one, mine. That way you have only one life span to kill all vampires and then you'll be gone. So, when I die, you die too," Elena's eyes widened, "that's it, it has to be!"

"You're wrong," Alaric dismissed her accusation.

"Am I?" Elena began drawing the knife across her throat slowly.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" Alaric panicked.

Both Klaus and Emma saw their chance, but clearly they had different goals. Klaus ran for Elena and grabbed her, disappearing. Emma rushed Alaric and shoved him to the ground, she used the hole that Klaus had already created in Alaric's chest to reach his heart.

As soon as Bonnie felt the connection again she started chanting the incantation, but Emma quickly felt weak as Bonnie used her as a siphon. Alaric noticed Emma's weakened state and he reached up, snapping her neck in an instant before throwing her to the side.

"Ugh," Damon groaned as he rolled over, "why I'm I still alive?"

"Get up," Alaric kicked Stefan's boot and he started to move, "I said get up, Klaus is gonna kill Elena."

Damon heard Emma gasp a few yards away, "Em?"

He rushed to her side as her brain cleared and she remembered what had happened.

"You are a massive dick as a vampire Alaric," she looked over Damon's shoulder at Alaric.

"What do you mean he is gonna kill Elena?" Stefan finally asked as he stood up.

"The witch bound my life to Elena's. If she dies, I die. Klaus figured that out and now he's taken her," Alaric explained, "now, I'm trapped here until the sun goes down, so you two better get doing what you do best; saving Elena's life."

Emma let herself fall back to lay on the floor, she stared up at the ceiling, "Or we kill two birds with one stone."

"Emma-" Stefan started to protest.

"Relax Stefan," Emma waved him off and sat up on her elbows, "I was joking...mostly."

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

811K 24.7K 75
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ› ๐’”๐’Š๐’™ ๐’‡๐’†๐’†๐’• ๐’–๐’๐’…๐’†๐’“ โœ โซ โŸจ ๐–ฉ๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ค๐–ฌ๐–ธ ๐–ฆ๐–จ๐–ซ๐–ก๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ณ ๐—‘ ๐–ช๐–ฎ๐–ซ ๐–ฌ๐–จ๐–ช๐– ๐–ค๐–ซ๐–ฒ๐–ฎ๐–ญ โŸฉ โ– ๊’ฐเฐŽ โ› ๐—๐—ˆ๐— ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—‡ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐’…๐’Š๐’† ๐—Œ๏ฟฝ...
15.8K 360 23
Mystic Falls had a history that Amity Romero was unaware of in her move back to the small town. Being convinced for years by her cousin, Caroline, to...
979K 18.2K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
426 2 11
Allison Salvatore, the youngest of the Salvatore siblings. She was only 16 when she died, unlike her brothers she chose this life the second she foun...