My Next Life as the Neglected...

By idek5143

!!ORIGINAL STORY!! Chae-hee, a Korean woman that escaped her past pains by moving to America. Enjoying her li... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94

Chapter 66

8.9K 385 20
By idek5143

Irene pondered for a while, should she continue or finish this problem.

"Irene!"

Undine called out in a soft and quiet voice, "I know I know," Irene responded reassuring Undine, that she knows.

"The sun isn't even barely setting yet," Irene rolled her eyes, and side glanced towards the person.

"They could've followed me at night, is this their first time?"

Irene choose to ignore the person, "I just go to my last stop, stop the headache and go home," Irene already thought of a plan.

"I need to visit the dessert shop over there," Irene pointed towards a shabby store in the whole line of shops and stores.

"A-alright?"

Undine confused.

This cafe or dessert shop is ran by a commoner, their menu is simple and cheap, food is decent enough.

There was nothing special about this cafe, Irene just choose it at random.

She walked there slowly, taking her time, as she reached the door and opened the door to order something.

Irene felt sharp stares at her, which is expected. She is someone suspicious looking with a cloth covering her face and entering the shop with someone following them.

It's like a concern for their safety.

"Just your specials please," Irene said hurrying the process, it seems like she is like an uninvited guest.

"Sure! It's the strawberry shortcake with caramel drizzle?"

The shop owner greeted Irene with a bright smile, "Yes, I would like to order four please," Irene said to the owner.

"Coming right up!"

That shortcake sounds so fucking nice.

Irene stood near the counter looking at the displays, this place was nice and basic with nice neutral lighting.

Even though it seems shabby...it is one cozy cafe if only those stares could die down, Irene thought to herself as she still felt burning gazes.

And the person was also inside.

Why are they following me to the point into the shop?

"Your order is here, madam!"

The bright owner placed the box with Irene's shortcakes, and Irene threw 20 gold coins to the counter.

The owner's expression was not shocked but rather pleased and took the money without a question, "That person is following you, by the way."

"Yeah, I think I know that," Irene said slowly walking out again; however, the sun was going down and the stalls were packing up.

Wasn't it bright like fifteen minutes ago? Something is bound to happen at this point.

Irene rolled her eyes, the timing in this world is so funny, always on time for trouble.

She walked down an alley, dark and without anyone.

The footsteps start to speed up and catch up to Irene then they reached out their hands to grab Irene.

Irene quickly dodged and kicked them on the legs, "Who are you?"

Without a response, a blade was thrown towards her face, Irene quickly moved but she was cut a bit on her cheek.

A strong wind blew Irene's hood off, with her white hair coming loose.

Wow, the timing. I almost feel completely exposed to my identity.

Irene was thinking about how cliche this situation was, she took out her sword quickly and asked again.

"Who are you?"

The person did not respond again and another knife was used to fight with Irene, taken aback for a second.

This man is dangerous.

"You are not giving up?"

Irene asked, the person only showed a chilling smile, Irene put on the look of disgust and her eyes sharpened.

"To me, you seem like some psychopath," Irene commented, the person, of course, did not reply to Irene once again.

"No much of a talker?"

Irene liked silent battles anyways.

Without a second to prepare, the person had run and aimed their sword toward Irene's chest, Irene quickly blocked it with her blade.

What a force...

Irene did not know who the person was nor why they were attacking Irene when the second attack came, Irene was not the person who blocked the attack.

The person aimed toward Irene's neck this time, Irene was getting ready to block the attack but tripped backward over piles of paper.

"Josiah?"

Irene asked as she saw blonde hair in front of her, "Why are you doing in such a place?"

"Uh yeah..."

Irene only can answer and the person seemed to be in a panic and quickly dropped their knife to run.

"He isn't going to go far."

Josiah said handing Irene a handkerchief

"I think I know who he is now," Irene said to herself, looking at the piles of missing women's papers on the ground.

Then newspapers about how the bodies are found, "He is probably the serial killer," Irene said as she cleaned her hands with the handkerchief Josiah handed her.

"I was here to catch him anyway," Josiah mentioned and let out his hands to help Irene stand, she rejected the offer.

"I can stand by myself," Irene got herself up slowly patting the bottom of the cloth, "Crown Prince!"

A guard called afar, "We caught him!"

"You want to come with me and meet the killer?"

Josiah asked Irene, "No thank you, I was followed, I think I was supposed to be his next victim."

Irene put her sword away as Josiah pay attention to her actions, and she waved at him.

"Hello? Do you want anything else from me?"

"Why do you look like a suspicious person?"

He asked.

"I am a runaway."

Irene smiled and walked away, waving goodbye.

"Runaway...?"

Josiah was left standing there clueless.

"What an event," Irene said sitting on the bench near the fountain in the middle of the village, "I was about to be a victim of some crazed murder, and my strawberry shortcakes..."

"Wait!"

Irene realized she had forgotten her strawberry shortcake during battle, it had been crushed by Irene's butt, and she landed on them.

Irene felt sour and sat on the bench to think about what the hell just happened.

Josiah saved me like the male lead he is, "I just had some main character moment," Irene said laughing.

"Why do I need him to save me? I could've handled it perfectly," Irene complained.

Undine just sat on her shoulders nodding.

"I think it's time to go home now," Irene said looking at the almost settle sun, "Maybe after dinner?"

Irene walked to a little restaurant and ate a quick dinner, it was a simple dish of beef with salad and potatoes, "That was good...but plain."

The white-haired girl stretched her arms out and yawned.

"I'm tired anyways."

Irene arrived home later than she expected and sneak back into the window, took a shower, and flopped on her bed.

She slept like a bear.

Elle was already asleep and couldn't scold her the moment she arrived home.

Irene is going to have an exciting morning.

What happened to the mansion while Irene was gone?

~Author's Note~

Literally was having a whole mental breakdown while writing this halfway, my dog comforted me...

- ANMU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8M 462K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
513K 31.2K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
375K 15K 56
Male lead, why do you propose to the villain and not the heroine!? Having the strongest man in the empire as father, the most beautiful woman as mot...
10.2K 284 45
{If you like the Novel 'How To Get My Husband On My Side' it's similar with a little twist and more antagonist} I Haera Chu possessed a minor villain...