Mistaken For A Guy

By Porshford

Having to bear a name that resembles that of a guy when in actual fact you're not one has its own effects. ... More

WELCOME FELLA 🤝🏻
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
The Chapter nobody asked for...

Chapter Fifty-six

187 21 3
By Porshford

Sam Lewis 🍓.

   "Don is really spoiling us." Auntie sighed as we glanced at the parcels his messenger left for us this morning too.

His give–aways had started consistently since last week, ranging from foodstuffs to cookware, brand new clothing specially selected from Victoria's secret, home appliances, a cheque for my aunt and uncle, and the plasma flat screen television he sent just yesterday which Auntie had arranged for  to be pushed up at the living room without further ado. The old one was currently at her bedroom.

"If he continues like this, he's gonna hit bankruptcy."I slumped on the sofa, looking at the black credit card he sent for me, attached to the yet another apology note he had written.

    "Don't be worried about that at all! Bankrupt? Do you know how freaking loaded their family lineage is? Spend his money, girl!"

   "It's too much... he's spending too much. I don't want it to seem like we've become some burden on him or something."I mumbled because the fact that he was spending too much on me was enough to generate mixed feelings and make me uncomfortable.

Like I was imposing on his wealth.

"Ho! As for you,"she shook her head, goggling her eyes at me,"you're his daughter oh. It's his right to take care of you! Something he should have done a long time ago. So if his sense is now back and he's showering you with his money, allow him! Did you go beg him you wanted all these?"

I shook my head quietly.

"Aha! So if he is doing it willingly, let him! Besides aren't you his responsibility? Clear your doubts and enjoy cause— it's your time!"

  "Alright, alright,"I sighed in agreement so she'd stop shouting and disturbing the neighbouring houses.

"I'm just not used to such a life that's why but I'll adjust."

    "Better!" She smacked her lips.

"Don't feel the slightest pity when spending his money because he has moneyy and so far as he is willing to pamper you with it, don't you dare make it slide. You should consider this as his way of appeasing you for all he has done."

   "Mmm. Le sigh, do let him know I'm thankful when he calls."

   "Sure, sure. He left for India yesternight or so, I think. These money thirsty people,"she shook her head,"they can't sit their butts at one place."

I snorted, picking briefly at my nose.

"Talking of travels, my friends and I are planning to hang out and have a sort of sleepover from Thursday to Sunday so..."I trailed awkwardly.

   "Friends? Funny, I thought the white head was your only friend."

                           💀🙂

"Nay. I got other friends too. Um, we'll be hanging out at Florida. For three days."

  "Florida? Why the distance?"

"Er, that's where my friend's beach house is and there'll be a party which we got an invite for."                                                                                      I went on to explain the nature of it to her.

   "Ohh... so you'll be sleeping over afterwards, correct?"

I nodded.

"Yeah, they have rooms. We can't possibly be on the move from NY to Florida and back for three days. It'll be stress."

She hummed, tapping her foot softly against the floor.

"Ivy will also be going?"

"Yeah."

"Who else?"

"It's actually an anniversary party so friends of the couple might be there and yeah, my friends too."

"The other friends you'll be hanging out with... are they guys?"

I scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah."

"Mm. So I get it, two girls and four boys hanging out and sleeping over?"

   "Erm, three girls actually,"I corrected, remembering Chris was going to bring Melanie along.

    "Still, they outnumber you. Where do you know those guys from?"

"From school. I mean, Noble boys. Three of them were my roommates..."

Her eyebrows flew up slowly.

"Hmm. So them guys have now realized you're a girl and then planned a three-day hangout and chill.  Are you sure they're not just planning on... y'know, offing your pants or something?"

Oh,god, I shouldn't have started this conversation.

🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

It took approximately half an hour and 20 seconds for my aunt to understand that the reason for my going was merely to hang out and have decent fun. No immoralities whatsoever. What she think?

Snort. As if they'd even bat an eye at my change of appearance.

I don't think the way they relate with me will change just coz my real gender has been revealed. I mean, the way we communicate is just the same as we used to do when I was in the disguise.

Only that now, they no be calling me boy and bro then things.

I gathered my hair atop, fixing it in a bun as I opened the laptop my father had gifted to me amongst other things. Setting it on my desk, I took a sip of my coffee latté and clicked on Google as I happily typed Oxford university into the search bar. I switched to the images side to familiarize myself with the view of the place I was going to constantly be for four years.

There was a reason I had always dreamt of attending that university. Their campuses are so large and beautiful. The buildings, the landmarks, everything looked so perfect and exquisite. They were actually second in the worldwide ranking of best universities and they're exceptionally known for their advanced educational facilities.

Surprisingly, they had affiliations with Noble boys and another university at Ohio but all the same, I was feeling way too giddy for this opportunity thrown on my laps. With the scholarship too, being the icing on the cake, I mean... saying I'm happy raw like that is very an understatement.

I'M CRAZILY EXCITED!

I breathed out in satisfaction, relaxing myself as I continued to surf the internet.

Fifteen seconds later and Auntie was calling me out with her loudness to go check who was at the door.

I bounced on my steps, crossing the parlor and made a beeline for the front door.

And guess who was waiting out with a meh face when I opened?

"Good afternoon babe!"I greeted cheerily.

    "Mm-hm, see who's in a great mood today,"Ivy smiled, wriggling her brows.

   "You may come in milady." I did the royal bow cuz why not 😌.

Ivy and I went to my room after grabbing a tub of vanilla ice cream and it didn't surprise me she immediately made for my closet when we came in.

   Obviously there was a reason she was here.

I let her do whatever she was planning to do with my closet as I set to play one of the best games ever made on this planet— GTA.
That game is super, bro!

   "Now listen up, girl."

"Yeah, what's up?"my eyes never leaving the screen as I directed my avatar to a certain rastafarian dude.

Ivy walked up to me, catching me off guard when she reached for the main socket and switched it off, thereby shutting down the device.

   "Hey!! At least inform a girl? You could've even asked me to pause it if you wanted my attention so badly." I crossed my arms, giving her a defiant look. Ugh, I nearly threw that dude out of his Volkswagen beetle...

"I never bragged of been merciful,bwahahaha! Why are you even playing Grand theft? It's for boys – ah, forgot you're a tomboy."

   "That's so sexist of you! And I am not a tomboy. Do you see me wearing men's clothing?"

"Uh-huh, uh-huh,"Ivy nodded mockingly,"if you insist you're not, please tell me the frizzly prickles why I don't see a single dress in your closet!"

I stared at her ludicrously.

"Dress?" Had she officially gone nuts...

"You mean you don't see dresses in my closet?"I asked again, just to be sure.

    "Not even a single one."

I moved towards my closet, balancing a confused stare at Ivy and my wardrobe as I pulled one of my leggings out and a yellow tee.

Frowning,"wait, how many are these?"I held out four fingers.

Now it was her turn to look puzzled.

"Are you trying to label me blind?"

"I just want to be sure because it's messing my mind. You can't really see the dresses I have in here? For real?"then I held out the ones I had in hand to her,"you can't see this?"

Ivy deadpanned.

With long strides, she snatched them from me.

"My whole life, I've not come across a person who is so an idiot but is not aware of! Sam, is this a dress? These are leggings for Christ's sake!"

Aren't they all classified as dresses?

"Of course not!"

Oops I said that aloud.

"A dress involves a skirt below the waist. From that definition, there is nothing skirty in your clothes! All I find are baggy polo shirts, T shirts, jeans trousers, leggings and shorts,then the cycle begins.  Nothing bores me than the fact that they're all XL too. Now lemme ask you this question, are you a boy?!"

"I'm just not the skirty type."I said with a sigh face.😌

"Are you a BOY?!?"

she was practically clawing at my head now.

"Whoa, no! I never said I was? I love my gen–"

  "Then tell me why the hell you keep hiding in these sacks!"

"I'm not hiding,"I drawled, running a palm on my face,"and those ain't sacks."

  "You are hiding. I remember you used to wear your size until you started developing the physical signs of adolescence and then bam! Sam Lewis took pleasure in wearing XL shirts and pants and it has forever remained to this day. Whatever crawled up your ass and stayed there?"

    "Fungi?"I offered while she gave me the poker face in return.

"Okay, okay. Why the sudden fuss,boo? Why are you on my tail all of a sudden?"

"Sudden? What day is today."

   "Tuesday."I answered.

"Thank you! Which means we have only a day and a half left to prepare for the Florida trip! Right? Have you even packed?"

"I'll pack this evening ... not a biggie."I shrugged.

"Yeah it isn't, unless you don't have a single swimsuit! We're going to be at the beach, Sam, not some tennis court. So don't even think of bringing those sacks you call shirts along."

    "Jordan didn't emphasize on dress code."

   "Of course he didn't, but he did state it was their parents' anniversary party right? Who attends a freaking anniversary wearing flip flops, baggy shirts and pants?! No hands?"

    I raised my hand, giving her a meek smile.

"Imma set the record."

"I cease to be Ivy Thompson if I allow you to come along with those! We can place a bet on my right arse if you want."

   "Chill, chill. Stop worrying about me dearie. If you feel my dressing is gonna embarrass you, I can skip the anniversary party —"

   "Hell to the N.O. you are skipping nothing! And you will wear a dress, understood? We could go dress shopping if you like or you're welcome to pick an outfit from my closet."

She dropped beside me on my bed, clasping her fingers together.

"Promise me you won't dress like a fashion deprived dude throughout this hangout. Let the world see the beautiful you –"

I snorted at that which made her slap the back of my head.

  "I am for real, like, all drama aside. You can have some of my dresses."

I sighed, spreading my hands on the bedsheet.

"I do have dresses my size."

"Really? Then why don't you flaunt them, babe."

"You don't get it, do you? I'm honestly very comfortable in what I wear and that's what matters to me most than what people will say or think. I dress to impress no one but myself. That aside...,"I scratched the back of my left ear,"I might have a kinda slighty insecurity concerning my tatas,if you get what I mean."

Ivy did a double-take at my words and burst into laughter, shaking her head like it was the foolishest thing she ever heard.

"Sam Lewis! What's there to feel insecure about? Do you know how hot guys find ladies with ample bust to be? My girl, embrace it! You be hiding in these XL shirts because of your breasts? Oh God, if only you granted me much bosom like you did for my arse, like the whole world will hear from me!"

There, there, she goes dramatic.

"I think you have zero idea of how beautiful you are. Where are the dresses you claim you have?"

   "Inside that suitcase on top of the wardrobe. Why, you want some?"

   "Silly. We gonna get you trying on those ASAP. Be up standing sweetie."

  "Ivy this is ridiculous–"

"Go wear it!"she demanded as she threw a peach colored gown to my face.

I rolled my eyes, stomping off to the bathroom, leaving her to continue scouring through the suitcase and pack up on my behalf. The outing wasn't even until Thursday yet, she insisted on packing for me because my procrastination was going to land me a serious problem.

Ivy could use the stern mommy look if she wanted and I knew better than to disagree and throw tantrums with her.

It'll just be cos 90 and waste of energy.

With a huff, I stripped off my top, examining the gown as I clipped my bra and changed into it. I loved how the material felt soft against my skin. It's color and attractiveness is what made me purchase it like a year ago but I never wore it.

After successfully zipping it up, I turned to look at my self in the mirror.

Given it was off-the-shoulder and had a low neckline, it exposed my collarbone and bit of cleavage– not too much but it actually made my boobs look appealing (for our ears only). I never thought I'd say this but I looked... beautiful in it. I felt like a woman.

It was close-fitting up to my waist and then flowed freely down to brush my toes.

I twirled, imagining I was dancing in a ball.

It was all in my head don't worry, in reality I didn't have any ballet moves to begin with.

I marched back to my room, facing Ivy.

"What do you think? I feel like it's nice." I twirled again– almost tripping on my toes.

   Ivy gasped dramatically.

"Oh. My. Pineapples. Sam! You look fabulous!"

"Really?"I smiled, trying to hide the fact that I was a little on shy with the way she stared mesmerizingly at me.

   "Really! You look so wow! Boo, can I tell you something?"

    "Yes, what is it?"

"You're a nice girl. I know you sometimes don't take my words seriously because you think I'm just being overly dramatic but I mean this. If only you could see yourself the way I see you, all those doubts in your head will vanish. I'm so giddy to witness J. Walterz' reaction when he sees you in this."

  "It's okay, it's okay, let's switch!"I covered my cheeks which were starting to feel warm when she mentioned his name.

"This dress is perfect!"Ivy assessed me with a smile,"we're definitely wearing this to the party."

   I felt confident enough to agree.

🌺🌺🌺

The night before Thursday, Jordan and Jude made some arrangements with their driver and it was settled the driver will be picking us to Florida the next day.

Which is why on Thursday, by 6AM, my best friend and I were seated at the back of a blue Hyundai Elantra gt with our stuffed backpacks, on our way to Florida.

We actually scheduled with the driver to leave NY by five in the morning but Ivy's father delayed our going by still standing his grounds that his daughter wasn't leaving.

It took a lot of pleas and begging before he finally relented but his face still held the forlorn expression. He was very overprotective of Ivy and it wasn't surprising.

She's his only daughter after all. He had to make Ivy swear she was not gonna come back carrying a fucking grandchild— his words, not mine.

   "Your aunt is honestly very crazy,"Ivy said after a while, breaking the silence that lingered in the car apart from the low Tupac music playing.

   "Very."I sighed, referring to how she succeeded in embarrassing me an hour ago.

If I said Ivy's father had made her bashful, then make it times two for me.

Before we could depart, my aunt openly handed me a pack of frangers in the presence of Ivy and the driver, stating I needed to be prepared for what could possibly transpire during the hangout. And added with a wink,"protection is the key."

I felt like crawling under a stone and staying there forever.

She didn't even have the decency to tell me in a whisper. Absolutely no filter like that.

"So where are the condoms?"Ivy snickered, clearly finding amusement in my embarrassment.

   "I disposed it off immediately I spotted a bin."

Ivy laughed harder.

"Seriously? Why did you throw it away! Anything could happen."

The driver casted a swift glance at us through the rear.

I elbowed her,"lower your voice."

  "Duh. Hey driver! How many hours more to our destination?"

"With minimal traffic, approximately fourteen hours, ma'am."he said like he had been programmed.

"Great." Ivy started curling her body comfortably on the seat as she whispered to me,"wake me up when we reach,kay. I'm visiting slumberland in the next few minutes."

I sighed, positioning her head on my lap,"farewell boo."

_____________

    Throw me some orange stars babes!!😌❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 222 33
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
49 1 15
Cress has been kicked out of every boarding school on the west coast, so when her uncle enrolls her at Curtain Academy, she doesn't hold out much hop...
96 0 30
Alex is sent to boarding school cause he keeps getting expelled and his parents are over it so they send him to boarding school. He's anxious about e...
339K 10.6K 28
"You're going to boarding school." These are the words Kate Anderson thought would ruin her life. She soon finds out though, that her trecherous pun...