GO TO HELL, CAPTAIN (Preview)

By aishatu_xx

Copyright© 2022. All rights reserved. Two people forced to live under the same roof in the name of something... More

Author's Note.
PROLOGUE
1: LAYLA ABD AL-TUNAIJ
2: ZAYD AHMAD AL-HAFIZ
3: MISCHIEVOUS MRS. AL-HAFIZ
4: GREENWICH VILLAGE
5: R&F FACE
6: CAPTAIN Z. AL-HAFIZ
7: MELEE SHOWDOWN
8: SUPERNATURAL CREATURE.
9: FETE OR JIHAD.
10: ALLERGY x WINE
11: ECCENTRIC ODD BIRD
12: ENDORPHINS CURE
13: UNFURNISHED LIAISON
14: VIEWPOINTS
15: OLÉ' LOVE
16: LIQUID FIRE
17: RIVULETS OF MERCURY
18: SHANGHAI
19: BONE-RATTLING
20: SCHADENFREUDE.
21: BOTH RECKLESS
23: PERPLEXED
24: PTSD
25: BUTTERFLY WING
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Now Available On OkadaBooks!

22: HINTERLAND

723 203 82
By aishatu_xx

Comment on each paragraph for update(s) later😮‍💨

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Layla gave a large suspire the minute her feet landed in the cabin, she lean her back against the gates where the guards usually occupy but they are inside their room now though when she's left the house they were sitting right there. Her eyes rested on Zayd's car and her brows rise upwards in wonder since he's clearly been avoiding her for the last two days. Why is he now back when she is getting used to his absence?

It's been a week since the rendezvous and her period arrived right the next day, cutting off any sort of physical contact between them except mild kisses here and there that they cannot resist. Their relationship hasn't improve one bit, they cannot help what they got used to doing whenever they are around each other by shooting words as bullets. She is the one that is always the root of the fights like she's always does.

And she had tried her absolute best to keep him at an arm's length. She cannot be attached to him now that she's planned on leaving the country and everyone in it for good, he shouldn't interfere in her plan. With the way things are augmenting with full vigor between them, feelings will mess things up in no time and then all she's been planning will be ruined. Maybe even make their lives threatened by this unknown ruthless anonymous person haunting her dreams and everyday life when she has enough in her plate already.

Their conversation the day she stopped him from coming to her bed is still fresh in her head as it happened just four or five days ago.

They were fully in their aroused state when something suddenly got influx into her brain like anesthesia to the spinal cord. His hands were fumbling with her zipper when she held both hands to stop him from moving further. "No, we can't."

He frowned, his face contorting into a deep scowl that brought both his brows low to his lashes. "Why?"

She adjusted her shirt and manage to stand up from beneath him with great difficulty as the huge man is not ready to let her off the hook so easily and her leg too. She stood by the edge of the bed and crossed both her hands in front of her so her aroused bosom won't be shown to him and then things will go back to square one. She distanced herself away from him, took deep calming breathe to freshen her memory and think straight without desire clogging each pound of her heart.

When she regained her composure, she frowned. "We shouldn't be doing this. I think I am fine now. Free of all the reason why we are doing this and why we are even here in the first place. I've seen my period and it's ended without an ounce of pain, I'm fine."

Zayd raised a brow then stood up from the bed, questions marring his entire face and movement. He tilted his head to the side while looking at her from head to toe with mock intrigue. Slowly, he backed her to the wall and she unconsciously followed because of how intimidated she was at that moment. The way his eyes stared at her in this predatory way makes her stomach harden with something she cannot name but will definitely categorize as physical attraction to get matters straight and not convoluted.

She is already sensitive from their earlier rendezvous and needs friction so any movement from him will make her see stars. And then he attacked, she as the prey in this situation, a willing prey too because she instantly melted.

His body pressed hard against hers, as if trying to get inside her with many clothing in between. His fingers delved into her hair and massager her scalp in a way that never seize to make her knees numb and brain to shutdown. Her own hands grip hard on his shirt to stop herself from genuflecting, her legs aren't holding her weight. One of his hands waltz slowly down her thigh while tweaking and massaging along the way.

Nothing would've been able to stop another round of lovemaking if not for the slight pain on her lip. Normally, that would've aroused her further to the point of no return but this time around, she tore her lips away from his. She looked sideways and breathed hard through both her mouth and nose to make it fast. It took her forty good seconds before she got the pace of her breathing right and she glared at him through lust-fogged eyes.

"I told you we shouldn't do it! Why don't you listen? It's not good for both of us!" She scolded, her eyes wide while her forefinger flew to her lips to touch the small sting where he'd bit her sensuously.

He leaned down again ready to attack her neck when she moved away from him and left the wall. "Why are you doing this? Damn it!"

"Are you asking me that? Seriously?" He gave her a deadpanned look so she enlightened him. "Whatever this is that is happening between us. . ." she gesture at the space between them, ". . .should end now. We are going to risk so many things if this keeps going on."

"I don't know what you are talking about." He looks confused, curious, angry, turned on at the same time, unsure.

She placed her hand on her neck to stop herself from gulping hard. "We are going to risk our feelings, we cannot afford that. I'm going to leave soon and you probably have someone you want to marry or you'd better be with anyone other than me. You were forced into this after all. It should end before things gets out of hand."

His brows unknotted themselves slowly with more words she used to make the sentences. He mulled over what she's said for a few seconds then remarked. "Why do you think we are going to risk feelings? Many other had sex before us and ended things with no strings attached, why do you think we can be any different? You already hate me with every pore of your being and I don't like you too, it's not that hard."

Layla dragged both her hands down her face as she groan loudly for him to hear. With another quelling glare but not like her usual ones that can really kill, she exasperated.

"We are not fucking! We make love! And I would very much appreciate it if you already know the difference, I don't have to dive into it. So the risk of catching feelings is extremely high! It doesn't matter whether we hate, loathe or despise each other. Feelings don't care about what we want, it's a matter of heart and not brain. The heart, that organ that has no bone, that stubborn one!" She turned around to grip her hair in a hard knot.

Zayd kept quiet and waited until she calmed down a bit before wordlessly going to stand behind her, his hands coming to rest on the wall, on either side of her. Layla inhaled sharply, her hands lowering. Caged by his hard, warm body, she couldn't move as she felt his mouth touch the back of her neck. She closed her eyes, her senses mesmerized by the vital masculine strength of him. The heat of his breath stirred a stray wisp of hair that lay on her nape, the feeling so exquisite that she trembled.

"Turn around." He whispered, sweeping her red fiery hair to one side of her shoulder.

As if hypnotized, she turned around to look at him, her eyes settled deep within his. "We really shouldn't do this." She managed to whisper back as if afraid someone might hear them.

Her eyes unconsciously bounced to his punch pink lips. She knew she was doomed at that instant. They've reached the point she didn't want to look at to begin with. He saw that in her eyes because he firmly pulled her closer to his body with both hands on her waist. He trailed his right hand forefinger across her cleavage, trailing a green vein there. Seeing as that is getting to her, he stopped that so he can prolong it.

Now both his hands are on her forearms, gripping it gently as he licked his lower lip. "How about we stop after today? I promise, I'll try my best."

"Were you a virgin when we first fucked?" She blurted the question unknowingly then shrug her shoulders at his look of bewilderment. Why that question in the middle of something serious?

He cleared his throat with a smile. "I was."

She trudged forward, her heart palpitating oddly for the fight awaiting her inside the cabin now, she is looking forward to it. With more bounce to her steps, she tested her leg some more to make sure she can make an escape in case if things don't go the way she wants them to. Totally alright like before, she traipsed inside the house with a gargantuan smile to act oblivious to what is going on in the house. She wants to act like she doesn't know what is going on.

As soon as she stepped into the living room, she saw him walking out of the kitchen with a huge oval plate containing scrambled eggs, toasts and another huge mug in his other hand that's probably filled to the brim with the ketley tea he is obsessed with. She's tasted the green tea, lemon and ginger mixed together in the ketley from India, it's amazing but just not above her old black coffee.

He stopped walking as his eyes snapped to her direction since she is not easy to miss. Wearing rose poncho shirt and khaki shorts that stopped just beneath her knee with her hair tied in a high ponytail above her hair and white sneakers, she is a sight to sore eyes. Emotions snapped differently in his eyes from appreciation, to question and then slowly to pure distaste that caused the tips of his lips to curl in a sneer. He looks really scary like that but what? Layla is never scared.

But she is more confused as to why he is looking at her in distaste than anything. What's happened? Maybe she's lost her touch because she is all sweaty? That should be it because why else would this man be looking at her like she is some nuisance he wants to get rid of after they've slept together many times? Or he's finally succeeded in not getting aroused at the sight of her after avoiding her for two days? It is also possible but why does it sting so hard in her chest? She wanted that right?

"Where are you coming from?" He asked, placing the plate and mug on the nearest coffee table to his right where the couches are.

She raised a brow at the audacity but she found herself answering him anyway. "Where did you see me coming from? Outside right? So yeah, I am from there. Or should I describe what outside means too?"

He is not at all moved by her sarcasm though normally, he would've smiled or roll his eyes but today, he is still stern. Maybe he thinks he is still in the barracks?

"In that outfit?" Came another question that is slowly piling up and getting beneath her skin in a not so good way.

"Obviously. Or do you think I went out naked and dressed back when I came back? No, Meeky, I have enough freedom." She crossed her arms in front of her in a challenge, really expecting him to chortle or just do something to get rid of the tensed atmosphere but he did nothing.

"You think going out with your hair open, chest bare of any concealment and shorts barely closing your entire legs is freedom? Then you are sickly mistaken because that is illiteracy!" He spatted, took his plate of breakfast and mug ready to leave when she rushed to where he is in quick steps with her long legs and stood in front of him, blocking his escape.

Her eyes are wide, nostrils flaring in anger. "What are you trying to say? Why are you talking in riddles? Talk to me directly like a man. Say what you want to." She kept nodding her head while gesturing with her hands that he should keep talking.

Also not off his distaste and disgust horse, he scowled at her from head to toe then replied. "I am not talking in riddles, you just don't want to face the truth. I don't care whether the past few days had been great between us, I'm going to tell you the truth your friends and everyone around you are afraid of telling you! You are an illiterate! Whether you choose to believe that is your concern but you don't know what you are doing! The life you live in is full of darkness! You don't know anything about the religion you claim to be in. I sometimes doubt whether you know what religion means."

Her anger deflated only a little as she permits the words to sink in and make sense inside her head. Everything he's said is correct but the way he is talking about it makes her really furious and wrathful. How dare he judge her? Whatever she does with her religion is her concern because at long last, she is going to be buried alone in her grave. He doesn't have the right to judge her like he is doing and she'd be damned if she would let him match all over her like this.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" She moved closer to him, almost chest to chest while his hands stand by either side of him holding the plate firmly and the mug too. "You don't have the right to judge me, you judgmental bastard!" She poked her forefinger on his chest earning a wince from him because her nails are long and she is intentionally using them to poke him, to cause him physical pain and see it.

"Just because you know the little things you think you do about your religion doesn't mean you are better than me. You are no better than me. We are both sinners but we sin differently. You cannot judge me because the way I sin is different from yours. Only God knows what the fuck you do when you think no one is looking. You are no saint, you bastard. Can you hear me? You are no saint!" She hit his chest hard now with her palm, feeling the pain too as she continue to land slaps there.

"I would rather be known as an honest sinner than a lying hypocrite, you hear me? I don't turn blind eye to my own mistakes and sins, I accept them and wear them. And you know what you are? A toxic person! I hate you, fucker."

She pivoted and rushed out of the living room to her room while forcing herself to think she's got him back and even got the last word.

Zayd on the other hand mulled on what he's said to her and got filled with so much guilt that he had to sit down. He was filled with jealousy when he saw her walking in in those clothes knowing his men outside and maybe other had seen her. She is not supposed to walk around like that. He's never felt anything like that towards her even after seeing her under dressed millions of times. But today, something snapped within him and he couldn't keep quiet which lead to hurtful words they both won't forget easily.

He really shouldn't have said any of those things to her. Or maybe just not in that way. Maybe she would've listened had he talked to her in a more kinder way. In ways she would understand that her religion doesn't permit that especially from a married woman. Now he's ruined everything.

To think that he came back to coax her into becoming his friend. What a nice way to build up a friendship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 1.6K 18
UNDER EDITING! I started to edit all the chapters bit by bit. One is a pirate captain, one is a soldier of his government. They couldn't be more di...
75.6K 4.9K 52
How far can one go to protect their love and relations? How far till that thread breaks or become stronger? ____ "SHE IS ARNAV SINGH RAICHAND'S PROPE...
4.5K 396 3
People create boundaries but heart does not relent. It falls for the person without its knowing and when it does, it gets deeper till it falls in the...
19.1M 648K 70
Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, his brows touched together as he looked at...