The Vampire Detective

By BlueBooks016

Detective Christopher Magus isn't your ordinary detective. He's a Vampire unlike any other , because for one... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 | Detective Christopher Magus
Chapter 2 | The Case of Max Peterson
Chapter 3 | The Abandoned Building
Chapter 4 | The Secret Society
Chapter 5 | The Council of Vampires
Chapter 7 | The Confrontation
Chapter 8 | The Enhanced
Chapter 9 | The New Threat
Chapter 10 | Double Trouble
Chapter 11 | The Chaos
Chapter 12 | Jasmine's Prospective
Final Chapter 13 | Reality

Chapter 6 | The New Victim

21 4 20
By BlueBooks016

    "Hmmm......"  Jasmine hummed as she got a closer look at the dead body .

    After taking another closer look , Jasmine was sure this was a human body . She didn't show it but she was on the verge of puking . But for the sake of her dignity , she choose not too.

  "Yep definitely a Human body". Jasmine said at last as she cringed at the sight before her .

   "Really ? Thanks Jess I didn't know ." Chris muttered sarcastically .

   Nick on the other hand had just finished puking for the fourth time . He said : "3 years of service and you would think I had seen the worst .But this...  How are you guys not sick ?!" He asked in bewilderment .

    Jasmine replied : "Oh trust me when I say I have seen 'Stranger Things' ." 

    "Like the season ?" Nick asked confused .

  "Well duh . But I meant it as literally . Which reminds me , I hope we get this sick dude behind bars soon . I want to watch Stranger Things . Its coming this Friday . Only 3 days left ?! And Chris Umbrella Academy is coming next month . Can you believe it ?!" Jasmine replied excitedly .

    "As much as I love to talk about shows Jess , but currently we are literally in a murder scene ..." Chris spoke up .

    He continued : "What poem is it this time ?"

   Nick replied : "Judging by the three bags of the victim's real bloody skin...."

   Jasmine concluded : "Baba Black Sheep Have you any wool . Yes Sir Yes Sir 3 bags full ."

   "Jeez and I thought things couldn't get more twisted . Literally skinned a women alive and put it in 3 bags ." Chris shuddered . This was way above his pay grade .

     "How old is she ?" Jasmine asked as a chill ran down her spine.

    "20, Jennifer Chav, lived alone , no known family members as of know and no visible or known connections to the other victims other than the poem card and poem death . This serial killer has made themselves a name in the public . The media is calling them "The Rhyme Killer"." Nick stated .

     Chris sighed . 'The god damn council should do something know or else I-'  Chris was cut off from his thoughts when he spotted someone from the corner of his eye peeking at him, Jasmine and Nick .

   Chris sighed . 'Probably one of those snoopy teens' he thought with a shrug .

  He was about to say something when he realized .He couldn't use his enhanced senses to locate him. He couldn't smell him nor could he hear a heartbeat from where the allegedly 'teen' was .

     'Don't tell me....' Chris thought with shock as he fully whipped his head towards the place where he had seen the boy or man ? Or the Vampire......

    'Wait Maybe The Council sent him? No. The body was just found , no way did those old f**ks did something on time.' Chris thought . 

    He immediately ran out of the house in 'human' speed . He didn't want to show his inhuman speed to the other cops .

    Nick was confused and Jessica excused herself .

   Jessica ran out towards where she supposed Chris was and saw him staring at the window . She was confused . She asked : "Chris is everything all right ?"

   Chris looked at her with a look she remarkably could not comprehend . He said in a panicked voice : "Jess, I think I saw the killer ."

   "What ?!" She practically screeched .

  "No time to explain . We need to go in the car .NOW" Chris responded firmly .

   There was something in his voice that Jess found a bit odd . She thought for a second he saw a ghost of some kind , or a vampire..... wait . yeah he did actually. 

  Chris told her to floor it and she did and drove full speed to god knows where . She asked Chris : "Where am I supposed to be driving again ?"

   "Towards my house ." He said , his voice seemingly shaken .

   Jess nodded . Chris sighed and asked suddenly : "Jess , I found a note , It scared me . I saw someone at the window and when I got out , no one was there , except a note."

   "Well don't keep me in suspense , what did the note say ?"  Jessica asked impatiently .

   "It said : "Ask your friend , Jessica what her favorite nursery rhyme is...."" Chris replied with tears in his eyes . Jessica's breath hitched .

  She immediately made a U-turn , not towards Chris's house but towards the basement where they found the Itsy Bitsy Spider Victim.

   She knew Chris knew where they were headed but she didn't bother explaining it to him . Chris did raise his eyebrows despite the tears dripping from his face and his shaky breaths .

   Jasmine spoke up : "I know you are taking me home to convince me to drop out of the case but no. I won't . We are going to investigate the third victim's death place at that abandoned Building and I am going to hear no complaints ."

  Chris just nodded and looked away seemingly lost in his thoughts .

_________________________

    Nick sighed Jessica and Christopher left a few minutes ago . He saw them leaving and sighed . The forensics were about to arrive soon as well. In all honesty Nick was getting sick of these murders .

   He stepped out of the house and went to the backyard curiously because he had seen Chris run there earlier for some reason . 

   He went there and found absolutely nothing .

   Nick sighed .

  He was about to leave when suddenly he felt an intense rush of wind behind him. It was as if a car ran past him barely missing him.

   Nick practically flew four feet up the ground and screamed .

   He took out his gun and was shocked to see .... Chris ?

   He immediately put the gun away and said : "Chris what the HELL ? You scared me . When did you get here and where's Jessica?"

   Chris looked at him confused and asked : "What do you mean ? I left her here ."

   It was Nick's turn to be confused . He replied : "What ? What are YOU talking about . I literally saw you and Jessica leave and go to God knows where . Are you okay ?"

    Chris at the moment was shocked , angry and most of all horrified.

   He had left at inhuman speed to find any signs of the boy he spotted but no one was there . 'Oh No ....' He thought .

   The person who had left with Jessica wasn't him . It was the Vampire Serial Killer....

   Realization dawned on his face and he immediately left confusing Nick even more , because Chris knew , Jessica's life was in danger.

___________________________

 In about 10 minutes they were there . Jasmine practically threw open the door and immediately marched inside .

   Meanwhile 'Chris' smirked . He immediately rubbed his tears away . And opened the door and stepped outside and closed it . And he followed Jessica inside .

   As soon he was inside 'Chris' transformed. His eyes turned a deeper shade of Dark Blue, his teeth became sharp , and two fangs formed , and his nails got sharper and all his instincts and senses became further enhanced .

   And soon his face morphed into something or rather someone else . He turned into his Vampire state . The only thought in his mind was :

   'Time to kill Victim #5 . What rhyme should I choose.... How about 'Pop Goes The Weasel' ?'

    The man , who imposed as Chris , grinned . He went further inside to kill Jessica once and for all .

________________________

    END OF CHAPTER 6

________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 123 60
"How do you feel now, Morgan?" She says, more pointing something out than asking a question. She grabs hold of my wrists and tightens them. If I coul...
128 34 17
I will kill him. I will mutilate him. I will make him hurt. And he'd never want to be alive again. After Luna was almost murdered by the doppelgänger...
4.8K 797 44
When a male stripper falls in love with a priest, he will do anything to get closer, even risk the wrath of God and the prejudiced congregation. * *...
Angels of the Underworld By

Mystery / Thriller

173 46 23
Vincent was a normal guy. An ordinary student until one day, he killed someone... Things take a dark turn when he discovers the shadows that he talke...