Snow and Ice || 태국

By s_chiena

Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook shared a desk for six years of primary school. Taehyung had tormented Jungkook... More

My Deskmate
Retaliation
An accident
A spectacle
Becoming a father
The source of his happiness
Winter activity
So what happened next?
On to university
A plan
Athlete assistant
Old classmate
Standoff
Shameless
Stirring trouble (1)
A business transaction
Life Coach
A chance encounter
Made a loss
A pervert
A competition
The third time
Different wavelengths
Ruin and provoke
A ticket
The competition and being drunk
A huge trap
Second parent
Music room
Music room (2)
Three musketeers
The audience's silence
Top Ten singer
Those times
Regret
Bury the hatchet
Ups and downs
Difficulty: Hard
Little left to the imagination
See how it goes
PR crisis
Touched
Repayment
Bunch of devils
Convince by actions
Anecdote
Departure and arrival
Faint longing
Face-to-face revision
I like you
The most familiar pervert
Jungkook-ssi's return
Flowers for you
Bedtime story
Bite you
The perils of Jianghu
Pig farm
A kiss
Obedient Taehyung
Daddy loves you
Our Green Ice
A chance encounter
Pounded with excitement
Angry?
Not a decent fellow
Temple fair
The figure's not bad
The logic of psyching someone out
Time
True love and lies
Ice God
Fan group
Gift
Rock Sugar And Pear Stew (not a chapter)
Infuriate by teasing
A lame joke
Contrary to expectation
Courage and drive (1)
Resolution (2)
The joy of being attached
A late gift
Mystery solved
Fate's arrangement
Idol pays the price
A Flower
Meeting their son-in-law
Natural charmer
Here to serve
Chapter 88
(Censored) - Side story: The cheating crisis
First competition
A battle to make his name
A visit to the parents
Swept out of the house
Side story: Childhood elopement
(Censored) - Poor condition
Roses
Mysterious boy
Sunshine and confession
Ultimate hero
Palace drama
Inevitable encounter
New Year's Eve
Unique logo
That's true love
Like a pervert
~ Finale ~
Bonus Chapter 1 - Side story: The funeral of roses
Bonus Chapter 2 - Taehyung x Jungkook

Pig brains and couple of watches

193 10 4
By s_chiena

After they finished the stick of ice cream, Taehyung finally received his mother's call.

When he picked up, Taehyung groused softly, "Mom, it's not that I'm scolding you... It's just that, how do you discipline your husband. He went crazy upon seeing Jungkook and gave me a terrible fright."

"You really can't blame your dad this time."

"What's wrong?"

"We'll talk about the issue of you opening a room with Jungkook when you come back. First, can you tell me why you kept the room receipt? As memory? You're even more brainless than your dad."

"No... wait, I didn't open a room with Jungkook?"

"No guts to admit your actions? 30 August, one double room at Rain City Airport Rest Room, signed by Jungkook. So it wasn't you and him who opened that room? It was him and someone else?"

When Taehyung heard the words "airport restroom", his mind went blank. He immediately said, "That, I can explain..."

"Oh, how are you going to explain it? The two of you opened a restroom purely to chat? Are you sure that nothing happened at all?"

That... Taehyung was unable to give her word on it. After all, it was not the case that they did nothing either. After all, they did kiss and hug and raise high...

Sejeong immediately read the situation from his silence. She continued grumbling, "I still don't understand. Why would you keep that stupid receipt?"

"Ah, I didn't know that the receipt was there." Taehyung was a little aggrieved as well. "I've never seen it before."

"Oh, so the receipt ran into your bag by itself?"

"No..." Taehyung looked at the sky. Suddenly, his brows twitched slightly. His eyes darted and landed on Jungkook.

Jungkook pursed his lips and dodged Taehyung's gaze.

Taehyung finally remembered what happened. The receipt was stuffed in by Jungkook. He was not paying attention at that time and did not look at it afterward as well. Thus, he simply forgot about it.

Why didn't he see it?

It must be because Jungkook stuffed the receipt into the inner slip pocket. He did not have a habit of using the inner slip pockets in his bags as it was too troublesome.

And that was how the tiny receipt stayed hidden in his bag for a month before meeting his father.

Taehyung quickly said a few more words to his mother before hanging up. Then, he crossed his arms and stared at Jungkook with an expressionless face.

"I thought you already threw it away," Jungkook replied feebly.

"It's just a piece of waste paper. Why did you stuff it into my bag?"

"I don't know... Didn't think too much at that time."

Taehyung dug through his memory. It seemed like Jungkook loved stuffing things into his bag? Taehyung had kept for him receipts, his meal card, keys, his handphone... good grief! As for his dog boyfriend, Jungkook would stuff even an empty tin can he picked off the streets into his bag.

He was puzzled—how in the world did this nutcase manage to get himself a boyfriend?

Taehyung used his index finger to jab Jungkook's temple. He asked, "Jungkook, do you know what's in here?"

Jungkook's face was docile. "Pig brains."

Taehyung, "..."

Can you have some pride? How can you be so spineless as a public figure, making it impossible for me to get mad at you!

Taehyung was unable to vent the frustration in his chest. Finally, he pointed at Jungkook and said, "You're an idiot."

Jungkook was silent for a while. Then, he whispered, "I'm only an idiot when I'm with you."

——

After hanging up the call with her son, Sejeong came back from the balcony and looked at Hyoseop who sat on the sofa. After looking at him for a while, she suddenly burst into a soft chuckle.

Hyoseop stared at her. "You're still able to laugh?"

"What else can I do? Will crying help?" Sejeong walked over and sat down next to her husband. "Things have already happened."

"Say, how do you have such a big heart?"

Sejeong sighed. "Do you know how many children there are in the hospital aged from five to eight? They can't be cured and their parents can only watch in vain as they pass away. They're only around five, six, seven, and eight. That's the span of their entire life."

"Can you think of more positive things?"

"It's pretty good... that's what I often think: everything is well as long as he's alive. If he's healthy and safe, that's already our blessing."

Hyoseop could not help but scoff, "With this enlightenment of yours, you can be ahead nun at a temple."

He was not in a good mood. Sejeong did not retort and merely said, "What has been done. Your reaction will only distance you from Taehyung. Aren't you familiar with his temper as his dad? We'll have a good talk with him when he comes back... Don't fight."

......

Before Taehyung went home, he went to the mall with Jungkook and bought two Tudor watches of the same style. When paying for it, Taehyung used the edge of the bank card to poke Jungkook's chest. "Jungkook, does it hurt?"

"Mm?" Jungkook tilted his head

Taehyung elaborated, "Does your heart hurt? It's more than 40 thousand won."

"Nope." Jungkook shook his head.

"I haven't spent a single cent from this card of yours. I only helped you to buy some savings plans... But this time, you need to pay the price for being stupid."

Jungkook said, "How about... we get Rolex instead?"

"Don't, it's my heart that will hurt if we get Rolex."

Jungkook quirked his lips and looked at Taehyung. "I'll follow you back to beg for punishment."

"You're indeed an idiot. Your idiocy is enough to contaminate the air for miles... Why would you send yourself up for a beating?"

After making payment and receiving the goods, Jungkook piped up, "I want to wear a couple of watches with you as well."

Taehyung was once scoffed at by Eunwoo for not having a heart befitting a teenage boy. Now, he could face this issue head-on and retort, "So what. My boyfriend has it."

Taehyung did not think that his hand was worthy of a watch that cost more than three figures. Thus, they went to the fifth floor and found a relatively remote shop selling inexpensive accessories. Using 268 won, they bought a pair of discounted couple quartz watches

Though the watches were cheap, they did not affect the delight they felt when wearing them. The two of them held hands and snapped away at the couple's watches. 

......

Taehyung brought the watches back. When he entered the house, he saw his parents. Without waiting for them to say a word, he struck first. "Tada! Look what I bought for you two!"

Hyoseop gave a loud "humph" and did not say a word.

Sejeong asked curiously, "What is it?"

"Here, try it and see if it fits." Taehyung maximized his charm and fished out the watches. He helped his parents to put it on before putting their wrists side by side. He complimented, "What. A. Match. Do you like it?"

Though the watches were nice, Sejeong's focus was elsewhere. She asked, "Where did you get the money from?"

"I swiped Jungkook's card."

When Hyoseop heard this, he immediately tugged off the watch and tossed it back to him. "Outrageous! Do you think we're selling our son?"

"Ah?" Taehyung startled before shaking his head. "Dad, what are you thinking, Jungkook's bank card is in my hands. I can swipe it however I like."

Sejeong asked, "What are you doing with Jungkook's bank card?"

"He gave it to me willingly, not because I forced him to."

"Then what about his expenses?"

"He claims it from me."

Sejeong felt her head hurting. "How is it that the two of you are already acting like a married couple..."

Hyoseop rapped the coffee table. "Don't try to divert our attention. Let's talk about the 'good' thing that you've done."

"Dad, I'm already 20."

"That's your Korean age."

"Fine, fine, fine, 19. I'm already 19. In ancient times, people would already be having their second child. In contemporary times, I'm also already an adult. What's wrong with an adult doing adult things? It's not like the two of you have never dated before."

Hyoseop scowled at him. "When we were 19, we weren't like you two."

"That's because times have changed, dad. When you were 19, it was the norm to copy song lyrics by hand. We didn't mock you all for doing that, did we? Everyone needs to be a little more open-minded."

"What nonsense! How can hand-copying song lyrics be the same as opening a room?"

"Dad, my point is that my generation's view is more liberal. I hope that you can understand. Opening a room with Jungkook was of my own accord and I was not forced. I know what I'm doing."

"I'm just worried—"

"I know, I know." Taehyung hugged Hyoseop's arms and rested his head on Hyoseop's shoulder. "I know that you two are concerned about me. But don't worry, Jungkook is very obedient. If I point to the east, he won't dare to venture west. His bank card is with me and all his finance is in my hands. You probably don't know that he earns way more than drug traffickers these days."

Sejeong scoffed, "What in the world is this comparison of yours..."

Hyoseop said, "Both of you are still young and the future might change greatly. Though you're on good terms now, what if things change?"

"Everyone will ultimately die. Despite so, aren't everyone still living life optimistically? It's most important to enjoy the process. Even if we do break up one day, the beautiful memories will remain. Besides, a relationship is maintained through effort, just like you and your mom. The wonderful relationship between you two didn't simply fall from the sky. It's the result of your dedication and effort together... isn't that right, mom?"

Holding back her urge to laugh, Sejeong looked at him. "You're very eloquent today."

Hyoseop's expression had just relaxed. When he heard this, he huffed, "Don't tell me that Jungkook taught you to say this?"

"This was something I discussed with him but it also represents my thoughts. Also, what I am going to say wasn't taught to me by anyone." Taehyung steeled his expression. "My opinion on chastity might differ from you and perhaps numerous other people. At this point, I have confidence that I can do it." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

877K 42.6K 55
Jungkook is innocent and Taehyung is experienced. Jungkook is pure and Taehyung is complicated. Jungkook is kind and Taehyung is merciless. Jungkook...
108K 7.3K 36
Story by cutegir2002 ______ A story of Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. The two souls studying in the same school, in their last year before entering...
17.4K 551 14
Jeon Jungkook has spent his whole childhood with his beloved hyung kim Taehyung things begin to change when Taehyung comes home after years and worse...
46K 2.2K 42
If Taehyung and Jungkook were to describe in colors; they would be found on the opposite side of a spectrum. They never see anything eye to eye, And...