AMARANTHINE 💫

By Notions_by_Sam

When the demons of seven deadly sins start leeching on humans, Asil, the Prince of Immortals, sets his missio... More

Prologue
Chapter-1 AMARUS
Chapter-2 Humans
Chapter-3 Zuersha
Chapter-4 The Prophecy
Chapter-5 The General and an Angel
Chapter-6 Deviares
Chapter-7 Bounded
Chapter-8 Witty Angel
Chapter-9 Ciradyl
Chapter 10- Devil of lust
Chapter-11 Volupdeus
Chapter-12 Calm before chaos
Chapter-13 The Advisor
Chapter-14 The Angel has a plan
Chapter-15 His Highness's plan is a hit
Chapter-16 Iyayi and Mihael
Chapter-17 I have no regrets
Chapter-18 Invideus
Chapter-19 Our General is very handsome
Chapter-20 Am I allowed to do so?
Chapter-21 A white bird
Chapter-22 You are special
Chapter-24 Carry me
Chapter-25 The unusual feast
Chapter-26 Should this Angel blame you for it?
Chapter-27 Laphleus
Chapter-28 Adapheus
Chapter-29 His Highness is so good with kids
Chapter-30 Kingdom in ruins, heart at unease
Chapter-31 A hungry hamster and a generous master
Chapter-32 The devil wants to bring him back
Chapter- 33 The road to righteousness
Chapter-34 The siblings
Chapter-35 The wrath of Xerith
Chapter-36 A farewell to Zuershians
Chapter-37 I miss you
Chapter-38 Prince can see you
Chapter-39 Angels fall hard
Chapter-40 The last Zuershian
Chapter-41 You are pitiful!
Chapter-42 Let's leave for Amarus
Chapter-43 His Highness Araqiel
Chapter-44 Can you show me your angel form?
Chapter-45 The last goodbye
Chapter-46 The 'fallen' angel
Chapter-47 Samsara
Chapter-48 A Future with surprising possibilities
Epilogue
Special Chapter

Chapter-23 My dear General

2 2 0
By Notions_by_Sam

Raik sniffs registering the fragrance of flowers, it is comforting and feels like home, he smiles, inhaling deeply, filling his lungs with the sweet scent. He was having trouble sleeping, whichever side he tried to sleep it didn’t work, his mind was filled with thought making him unable to get rest, uneasiness and disappointment filled in his heart, he was sure he won’t be able to rest but his mind took pity on him and finally he went to a deep slumber and the next moment the fragrance filled his room, senses, and mind.

 “Are you not going to open your eyes?” 

The velvety voice of Asil makes him open his eyes in shock. The first thing that comes to his view is the pale tint of orange in the sky caused by the setting sun, the clouds greet him, moving happily to wherever the wind takes them, white and soft like the voice he heard, suddenly remembering the reason he opened his eyes he turns his head to the right and finds Asil lying next to him looking at the sky above. Raik was bewildered, he glances at his surrounding, they were lying in a field full of white flowers. He stares speechless, remembering clearly where they were when he went to sleep. Asil turns to him with a smile on his face, bright and beautiful like the field. 

“I am dreaming again?” He mumbles to himself, like a scolding for thinking of the angel again in his dream. Asil says nothing but his smile widens, he was holding the stem of the flower, looking at the bright petals, and hits on Raik’s forehead with it, bringing the General out of his thoughts.

“Have you ever been to a beautiful place like this before?” Asil asks him, inhaling deeply the scent of flowers around them, he seemed to be liking the place. Raik stares at the handsome man in front of him and nods hesitantly.

“Behind my house in Amarus”, He answers. Asil chuckles hearing it and turns to look at the sky again. 

“It is beautiful,” He says while smelling the flower in his hand.

“Am I dreaming of you?” Raik asks lost in the view.

“Are you disappointed? You looked uneasy a while ago, were you not able to sleep?” Asil enquires looking at those dark, clear eyes.

Raik hesitates, he was not sure how the angel knows and asked this question but if this is his dream he can make Asil ask that and even show concern for him, his ears turn red thinking about it “No, you are just my dream…I…I am happy it is you I am seeing” Asil stares at him, he turns his body facing Raik, resting his head on his palm, and again hits Raik on the chest, several times with the flower.

“You are very interesting,” Asil says a little amused as if knowing what is going on in his head “Why didn’t you show this place to me when we were at your house?” He raises his brow, blue eyes showing a hint of teasing, looking like the waves occurring in an ocean.

A silly question but Raik still answers, it was his dream and his thoughts that he can’t ignore, “We were not friendly” he meets the eyes of Asil that were serene like the sea.

“And now we are, very friendly and close?” Asil asks, his amusement reaching the eyes.

“Whatever you want it to be” Raik answers. Asil’s gaze deepens as he tries to understand the meaning behind these words, then hits Raik again. Raik holds his hand this time, showing his bold side that he very much resists in front of real Asil to not scare him away.

“What do you want me to be?” He asks, meeting Asil’s eyes, looking deeply into them, and then to their hands, his gaze returns to Asil “Can I?” He asks. Asil frowns hearing it but nods.

Raik intertwines their fingers, looking happily at Asil who raises his brow “What is this my dear General? Are you slipping from your character? You know this Prince can crush you at any moment” Asil's words and voice don’t match with each other making Raik smile and tightening the grip.

“I know but since it is my dream, you won’t harm me…I wanted to just hold your hand” Raik says honestly making Asil’s heart itch. This cub is very dangerous.

He pulls his hand and lies down on his back trying not to smile “Time up” he says, making Raik disappointed and staring at his now empty hand. Asil briefly glances at Raik who was quiet. “What is in your mind?”

Raik shakes his head, looking at the clouds moving slowly, “Just wondering what will happen to us humans, of my sister, my master”

“Hmm…hard to say and think of…why are you indulging in these thoughts?” Asil asks seeing the flock of birds flying back to their home.

“Aren’t you afraid of me?” The General asks.

Asil chuckles hearing that “Should I be?”

Raik nods, he is hiding many secrets and it is becoming a burden to carry, for this once in his dream he wanted to speak it out “I am deceiving you, how will the real you feel when I tell him that I am there to take him to the King”

Asil stares at him, not expecting him to say this, the smile wipes out off his face completely, looking serious and attentive, Raik didn’t know what was going on in his head but knows he has got full attention “Then why didn’t you?”

“My conscience is not allowing me to” Raik chuckles “Isn’t it funny of me to speak of conscience but it is the truth we should be thankful to you for helping us, moreover” Raik feels bitter but lays out his thoughts “Your home is not here and will leave one day…I want to make sure you reach there safely”

Asil becomes quiet hearing it, gaze fixed on the clouds, they both become silent only the sound of birds chirping could be heard.

 “What if he already knows?”

 Asil breaks the silence growing longer between them. Raik’s heart feels a thump he turns to face Asil, scared if this is not a dream but then realizing where they were he exhales a sigh. He doesn’t know the answer to this question, it is all for Asil to decide.

Asil stretches his hand towards Raik, the General looks at him confused, Asil smiles “Hold it if you are feeling stressed” He says “A limited time offer again” He adds amused. Raik looks at the long and beautiful fingers, the urge to hold them grows strong again but he controls himself.

“Are you treating me like a kid?” He enquires narrowing his eyes.

“Oh! was I obvious?” Asil plays along. Raik pushes his hand away. “I don’t need it now” He turns to the other side like a sulking kid.

Asil laughs at that “Are you sure, the limited period offer will expire in….” He looks around and then at the cloud and smiles “As that big cloud reaches that spot” He points in the sky, subconsciously Raik checks it as soon as Asil says it, making Asil chuckle.

“Afraid?… You won’t regret it right?” Asil teases. Raik doesn’t look back at him, watching the stubborn General like this was really funny. Asil looks at the cloud and then at Raik. He felt this moment of calmness to be very therapeutic, since the day he came to the mortal realm there is uneasiness around him regarding the people and the devils but right now at this moment he wants to let that all go and relax.

“Okay okay…this Prince gives up,” He says and moves close to Raik almost touching his hair, “Can this Prince have the honor to hold your hand?” He teases. Raik doesn’t move but his heart starts beating fast hearing those words. He so badly wanted to face the angel and look into those blue eyes. 

Asil waits for a response, seeing no movement he was about to accept his defeat when a hand is stretched. He smiles wide but the General was still not looking back or moving. Asil, without wasting any more time intertwines their finger, almost hugging Raik. The General feels his body going warm as he registers it, his breath hitches, and his fingers tremble but Asil holds him tight, assuringly and gently.

“Close your eyes and open again, we will be out of our dream” He whispers “It’s time to wake up” 

“Wake up” Hansen calls loudly making Raik open his eyes and look around, disappointment fills his heart as he sees the surrounding, he was woken up from the beautiful dream, and he glares at Hansen making the Zuershian step back. “We can’t delay anymore” Hansen clarifies and walks away.

Raik sits up, sighing and covering his face in his palm in shame, what kind of dreams is he seeing recently, composing himself he gets up.

___________

The four meet outside the inn and decides to carry on with their journey, they were not far from the borders of the next Kingdom Yerez and their destination seems to be there, it was a half an hour journey for them to reach Yerez.

Yerez is ruled by Emperor Varhara’s son, Etel, this Kingdom has everything but nothing, the land is rich in resources but there is too much exploitation of it to care. Etel is infamous for keeping slaves, he doesn’t like Rielel but has sold him quite a lot of slaves in Ciradyl, Etel has made ties with Rielel for-profits, and got a land close to the sea makes it easier to trade with other Kingdoms. This place has seen corruption, slavery, cruelty, greed, and fake believers of God, in form of their King and higher-ups.

After riding their horses into the Kingdom for several hours, none of them sees any human presence, the situation in itself was awkward what added to it was the behavior of the General, who avoided Asil throughout the way, not sparing a glance or speaking a word. Asil was not bothered, he just smiled while Hansen and Mais were not able to understand this moody General, they didn’t say anything afraid that the General will lose all his control. 

They cross the forest area and stop at a mark showing the sign of a small town named Fallyer ahead, happy that finally, they found someplace to rest and know about people here, they speed up. The group reach the town when the sun was above their heads, it was very hot and humid in the area, as they enter the town, the pungent smell makes them halt and look at each other. Raik hesitates and finally glances at Asil, he feels something was odd about the place.

“What does this mean?” Mais asks confused, Raik was not the only one feeling that way.

Asil looks around “This means luck is on our side we don’t need to go to the palace, like we planned, beware, I can sense him” 

The three nod, getting down from their horses they leave the animal to rest at the entry, walking inside, and hear the loud thud sound echoing in the silent place. The town was very strange, the houses were built on both sides, there were also several trees none having the leaves just naked branches moving with the harsh wind, they cover their eyes as the large cloud of dust floats in the air. Brushing the dust off their clothes they move their gaze around to what seemed like a market area, there was no one out on the street in the daytime, the houses were closed and many eyes were looking at them from the windows.

 A man was cutting meat on the board and the strike of the blade was so loud and harsh that it can cause chills to whoever is present there. He keeps chopping without looking up busy with his work not even registering their presence. The group stands in front of him and sees the table dyed in red. Hansen’s gaze falls on the fingers in the tub, it is not just the animal that is being slaughtered here, he feels the chills down his spine.

Asil was also not doing well, his head was spinning, he holds Raik's arm to support himself. Raik looks at him in concern wanting to ask what happened when the man stops his action and meets their eyes. He  is a middle-aged man with a buffed figure, his clothes look filthy covered in blood and tiny pieces of flesh he was cutting, a strange odor coming from him that could make anyone nauseate, he smiles eerily at them “Just on time...Are not you hungry?” He asks, yellow teeth and shining eyes looking at them.

Asil was about to warn them again but was taken by surprise as the group hear their stomachs growl in hunger. The man laughs in satisfaction stopping his work and leaving to somewhere unknown. They hear the chattering and turn around to see the place that was quiet before was now bustling with people. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 52.3K 22
[Book 18] Starting over again can be a huge pain in the ass. Something Xiphrus completely agrees with as he attempts to settle in this new world. His...
11.1K 1K 45
"What do you mean by that? What right do you have to take him with you?" Steve pressed. The demon looked at him with glowing eyes, his bestest friend...
57.8K 3.6K 24
After an attack on his village, by his own kingdoms army nonetheless, Asman is injured and stolen by a group of people. As his own home is Felias, As...
701K 37.3K 29
{OLD VERSION} [~BOOK 1 : Caster's Council series ~] Desperate times called for desperate measures. When all else seemed lost he saw only one road,one...