The tarnished trio (vanoss cr...

By wildyo

during the summer vanoss, wildcat, and delirious were checking out some museum stuff of fun. until vanoss bum... More

Author's note
chapter 1: the hooded figure
chapter 2: the golden invite
Bio
chapter 3: the lands between part 1
chapter 4: the lands between part 2
chapter 6: storm hill
chapter 7: margit the fell
chapter 8: The roundtable
chapter 9: The sorcerer
chapter 10: Stormveil castle
chapter 11: the witch and the knight
chapter 12: The grafted king
chapter 13: path of dragons
chapter 14: the mystic lake
chapter 15: the glintstone beast
chapter 16: academy of sorcery
chapter 17: the full moon queen
chapter 18: power of remembrance
chapter 19: a call to castle morne
chapter 20: the old warrior
chapter 21: exploring the south
chapter 22: Caria Manor
chapter 23: exploring the Manor
chapter 24: the witch quest, part 1
chapter 25: the witch quest, part 2
chapter 26: the witch quest, part 3
chapter 27: Siofra River

chapter 5: the lands between part 3

136 5 0
By wildyo

Vanoss and his friends finished buying what they wanted. Wildcat bought a chain armor chest piece and hid it under his jacket. Delirious bought two cookbooks to craft new things on the go. Vanoss bought a telescope and a torch for him to travel at night. Today the guys head to the right of the church to see what else they could fight. There was a soldier that looks like the one they killed in their world, but since they have weapons and magic they killed him easily. Vanoss was trying to see how his magic works, so he looks at his paper to see how he does it. Apparently it involves that keychain that is called a deal, just like delirious staff he needs to hold it tight and concentrate his power. Tho the paper one that has healing involves praying in order to activate it.

Vanoss notice that the fire spell comes from the monks who use this power. Tho he isn't sure who are the monks, but he will soon find them. As they make their way to the path they could see more soldiers and in the distance a cave. Tho to their right is a path that goes to what looks like an outpost for the soldiers. The decided to check out the cave first and than the outpost. To the head to the cave where it's by a pond with giant bugs and some weird looking egg monsters. Vanoss and delirious saw this while wildcat was dealing with the soldier that spotted them.

When wildcat killed the soldier he notice that he drop his crossbow. Wildcat picked it up and examine the crossbow. Delirious and vanoss would use their spells to kill from a distance, tho vanoss needs to be up close to use his magic. But wildcat decided to take the crossbow so that he can fight from a distance to an enemy that is far or is tough to kill. We went back to his friends and they decided to go in the cave and ignore the pond with tho creatures. They see another grace that is half way to the cave, quite odd to see another one that isn't far from the other. They activate the grace and head deeper into the cave, once they are in open area they are met with something that they felt to see. There are a couple of wolves lying on the ground, not only that but there are white wolves. These white wolves are bigger than the others that are around.

Wildcat: what should we do

Vanoss: I say we kill the white wolves first

Delirious: I'll deal with the other wolves

Vanoss: ok than, let's go

With that vanoss attacks the closest wolves and than went for the white wolves. The others went to kill the other wolves that are simple to kill, tho not quite since there's a couple of them. Once they finish off the other wolves they help vanoss kill the white wolves. These move faster and avoid quickly, so they need to time their attack against these creatures. After a while they finally killed them and now can rest from that little battle. Wildcat though of something for the guys and it's not going to good, he went to one of the bodies of the wolves and decided to skin their meat. They aren't sure how there going to get a fire started, but he thinks vanoss has just the magic to do this.

They look around the cave to see what they find around here, vanoss found on the wall some glowing fireflies. He takes out his torch and saw that these fireflies are shinny looking. They look chrome silver and they look quite valuable, to he take a couple of them off the wall and puts them in his pockets. With that done they continue on into the cave and are met with an area that is open. They enter the area and can see there is a tent that is destroyed, corpses of people around, and a lit fire. But that's not they were looking at, by the broken tent is a beast. A monster that looks quite like a werewolf eating a corpse of a soldier. It turns to see them and they can see a better look at this thing. Its face looks more humanoid with sharp teeth, it's stands on two legs, it is also wearing parts of it's clothing, and it wields a sword.

The guys were about to make a plan but the creature didn't think to wait and just charge at them.

            (Beastman of farum azula).

The beast charge at them and began the fight by lunging at them with it's sword. The guys dodge out of the way and wildcat attack first. The beast roared in pain and turn quick and swung his sword at him, but wildcat moves out of the way. Delirious was about to attack with his sword but the beast knew it and swung at him, delirious moves out of the way and shoots his glintstone pebble at him. The beast than roared and swung his sword around as it attempts to his anyone. This attack was closed to delirious and it finish it off by jumping up and slamming his sword at him. The amount of blow from striking the group cause delirious to be push back. Vanoss came behind it and shot a burst of flames on its back.

The beast moves around and tries to put the fire out. This gave the guys some time to kill the beast while it tries to put the fire out. Vanoss struck it's back with his spear, delirious attacks it's side, and wildcat stabs it in the knee. This force it to down and wildcat struck it's head as it finally kills the beast.

(Enemy felled).

The beast falls to the ground dead as the guys jump for victory. After that they look to see the beast faded into nothing, leave an item on the ground. Vanoss went to pick up the item and see what it is. It look like some kind of medallion that look to have a symbol of a flaming lion. When vanoss touch the medallion he can feel something around him, but for now he puts it in his pocket. With the beast killed they left the cave and move on to the next location and what else there is.

The guys are outside of the cave and heads to their left where an outpost is. They now stood on a hill looking at the outpost with a couple of soldiers are. Vanoss use is telescope and examine the place, there are a couple of soldiers patrolling the area and something else moving but couldn't tell what or who it is.

Vanoss: ok so what should we do

Wildcat: I say we go all in and kill all of them together

Delirious: I like that but I say we do this stealthy

Wildcat: oh come on del

Delirious: look if we all go in and kill, someone will alert the whole place of are present

Wildcat: true but I like killing them all

Delirious: this isn't a video game you know

Wildcat: I know that but-

Vanoss: ok, ok guys look *pulls out a quarter* heads we out and attack them and tails we kill them stealthy

Wildcat: ok

Delirious: im in on this

With that vanoss flips the quarter in the air and catches it to put it on his top hand. As he removed his hand from the quarter he is giving the choice.

Vanoss: tails

Delirious: yes

Wildcat: fuck man

Vanoss: tails it is

Wildcat: well I kinda suck a heads or tails

Delirious: true

Wildcat: hmmm

Vanoss: let's do this

And so the guys runs to the outpost and crouch the moment they are close. One soldier came out and vanoss was the first to kill this one. They enter the ruins and saw two soldiers with wolves by their sides. This one was going to be tricky, but delirious has an idea. He use his glintstone pebble to shoot at the ground and luring the wolves to investigate the noise. Once they are out of the clear wildcat and vanoss kills them as quietly as possible. Tho the soldiers went to check on the wolves they had and found them dead. They were about to alert the others of someone here, but we're delt with by delirious using his glintstone arc at them.

They head to where they were and saw a stairs that goes down. So they head down to where a door is seen and they opened it. It was a small room with a single chest in the middle of the room. They open the chest and they are met with two items, a paper that feels like sandpaper with a picture of what looks like a combat art and a knife with the blade made of stone. They aren't sure what it is, so they took it until they get some explanation, plus this could be involve in magic. The guys exit the underground and continue on raiding the outpost.

The head to where they can go across but have a bad chance of being spotted. They look to their left to see a soldier with a giant horn, this one must be delt with before anything. To their right was something new to them, not a soldier but a knife with a spear and a shield. This one could be tough to take down but who knows, maybe it's simple or not. Delirious decided to take out the soldier with the horn so that he won't alert everyone. Delirious kills him and with that they should be good from everyone being alert of them. Delirious also saw a carriage to his right, so he heads to it and sees what it is.

Wildcat and vanoss we're determined to take on this knight, they snuck behind it and ready to attack. Wildcat swung his sword at him, but the knight knew something wasn't right and turns to push him away with his shield. The knight now sees them and ready itself to attack, wildcat got back up and charge at the knight. The knight charge with his spear to impale wildcat, but he moves out of the way and struck his sword at him. Wildcat did little damage to him and the knight turn to face him. Vanoss charge at the knight and shot a burst of flames at him, but the knight blocks it with his shield. Wildcat attacks from behind surprising the knight. The knight charge at him again and this time wildcat did something to kill the knight. He avoid the knights charge and went behind him to drive his sword into his back and out to his chest. He than kicks the knight off his weapon and look at the knight who is now dead.

Wildcat: huh, easy

Vanoss: ummm Tyler

Wildcat looks behind him and sees the knight getting back up. This shock them as wildcat though that would kill him. The knight ready his weapon and was about to attack wildcat, until the knight was struck by something to his right. They look to see delirious that shot at the knight with his glintstone pebble. The knight didn't have time to ready itself and was struck by another glintstone pebble which kills the knight finally.

Delirious: what's going on here

Wildcat: umm We were busy killing this knight

Delirious: oh sorry

Vanoss: what is that

Delirious: oh uh I found this sword in that carriage so I thought of giving it to wildcat

Wildcat: thank you del, I was kinda getting tired of using these dueling swords

Vanoss: anything else

Delirious: oh and this map on some stone wall

Vanoss: a map

Delirious: ya

Wildcat: a map to what

Delirious: this place, umm limgrave

Vanoss: this area is called limgrave

Delirious: no more like the place we've been walking around

Wildcat: ok

Vanoss: hey guys the sun is setting

Delirious: there is a grace up to that giant door

Vanoss: than let's rest there for tonight

Wildcat: agree

The sun was setting and the guys are about to get some sleep for tonight. A rough day for them fighting, they killed a stone cat demon known as the erdtree burial watchdog, they killed a beast in a cave, and raided the outpost. Well delirious did all the quiet killing while the others were busy with the knight. They are still getting use to killing but will get over it quickly. They just can't believe stuff like this would exist, knight in armor, monsters and demons, magic spells, and who knows what else.

If only their friends would see all of this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 1.8K 43
A/N Hey guys it's another h2ovanoss book THIS IS NOT A SEQUIL TO MY OUTHER ONE! Delirious likes Vanoss no Waite let me rephrase that for you delirio...
106K 4.9K 43
It had always been the four of them; Evan, David, Tyler, and Jonathan. Then a certain green eyed girl suddenly comes into the picture. Through high s...
77.2K 3.9K 46
Have you ever had a secret that had to be kept even from your closest friends. A secret that could tear apart of what fans had believed in one person...
1.4K 194 55
"...and a little bird told me our king has been spending too much time in Purgatory, meeting with certain archangels." I was sure I didn't hear him c...