๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‚๐Ž๐๐“๐‘๐€๐‚๐“ ๐ƒ๐„๏ฟฝ...

By Azrxel

๐“๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐งโ”‚ โMy oh my. An outlander of our world summoning me.โž . . . Curiosity... More

Character ; Contractus Diabolus - Lesser evil
Character ; Contractus Diabolus - Greater Evil
CHPT. 00 A contract born
CHPT. 01 The stupid act of summoning a demon
CHPT. 02 Devil and Viator
CHPT. 03 Stormterror's fall
CHPT. 04 After the Storm
CHPT. 05 Signora
CHPT. 06 Let the wind lead
CHPT. 07 The contract of revenge
CHPT. 08 Unlucky Bennett and Furry Razor
CHPT. 09 The rite of Decension
CHPT. 10 Jueyun Karst
CHPT. 11 Our dear consultant
CHPT. 12 How to hold chopsticks
CHPT. 13 Windy moor
CHPT. 14 Everlasting Incense
CHPT. 15 An invitation from the Tianquan
CHPT. 16 The jade chamber
CHPT. 17 Betrayal in gold
CHPT. 18 His Foul Legacy
CHPT. 19 The lord of Vortex's ressurection
CHPT. 20 Farewell, Archaic Lord
CHPT. 20.5 Farewell, Gnosis
CHPT. 21 Storm to the abyss
CHPT. 22 Bad memories
CHPT. 23 Rise from the ashes
CHPT. 24 Phoenix feathers
CHPT. 25 Lantern wish
CHPT. 26 A moth to the flame
CHPT. 27 Good morning
CHPT. 28 Rex Lapis
CHPT. 29 Contract of contract
CHPT. 30 Yaksha's nemesis
CHPT. 31 Those who fear him
CHPT. 32 Specters from the past
CHPT. 33 On fire and frost
CHPT. 34 The seven Demons
CHPT. 35 Mountain expedition
CHPT. 36 Frozen Lust
CHPT. 37 Gwyneira
CHPT. 38 From whence the demons come
CHPT. 39 Jade Moon
CHPT. 41 Xiansheng
CHPT. 42 Windy moments
CHPT. 43 Crimson Ink
CHPT. 44 Letters from home, a friend to come
special โคท "็งใฎ็—›ใฟใ€ใ‚ใชใŸใฎๅฟซ้ฉใ•"
special โคท "็ฅžใฎไฝฟๅพ’"
special โคท "ๆ‚ช้ญ”ใŒ็”Ÿใพใ‚ŒใŸๆ—ฅ"
special โคท The shadow and the demon (2)
special โคท "็งใฎ็Ž‹ใ€็งใฎ้จŽๅฃซ"
special โคท "ใ‚ชใ‚ชใ‚ซใƒŸใจใƒฉใ‚คใ‚ชใƒณ" (1)
special โคท "็ซใฎๅจ˜" (2)
special โคท"Get to know me!"

CHPT. 40 lawless and chains

1.4K 103 8
By Azrxel

.

Every archon had different ideologies. Those ideologies had darker sides to them. It balanced evil and good―dark and light. This was the accord Celestia decided upon when the heptagram was formed. The darker counterparts of the archons.

Alastor has never spoke of what heinous side there was to contracts, but he understood what a contract could do. It could enslave someone. Contracts were chains, and Alastor had lived to the twisted version of Morax's idealogies the moment he had first died. The moment Morax had killed him.

Zhi You, like Alastor, had abandoned her original name. She was the counterpart of freedom, Barbatos. She represented anarchy, the darkness to so called freedom. Thus she was lawless. She has been the youngest of the original heptagram thus she was the most mischievous.

Alastor was something akin to the middle child of the seven major demons, even though he represented Pride.

Alastor despised Liyue, and once the heptagram began assigning themselves their territories, Alastor refused to give up Mondstadt to Zhi You. This had caused a feud between the freedom and contracts; the demons of anarchy and enslavement. One was carried the desire to destroy all laws, while the other was deamed a tyrant by all.

The one who wished laws to be destroyed was forced to reside in a land of contracts, while the Tyrant vowed to protect a land of freedom.

Zhi You and Alastor trult embodied the darkness of their counterparts ideology.

So to her surprise, Zhi You found herself back in Mondstadt after centuries of fighting with Alastor for the territory. Although it was temporary, she was gladdened to return to her birthplace. Her mother had been a Mondstadter and her father was a Liyuen― like Alastor, her parents came from two nations.

The moment she stepped on Mondstadt soil, she immediately felt the shift in her surroundings. Her platinum blonde hair was tied into a loose braid, a green ribbon tying it together along with a white flower ornament decorating her hair. Her outfit consisted of a dark green top with black leggings and a white overcoat with golden details. She wore black knee high boots that had golden details just like the overcoat. In addition, she also wore an emerald coat that had golden details on the sleeves alone with her visions being used as a brooch.

"Aiyaa~ it's been a while since I've been back here. I wonder if Mother's garden still exists." She hummed, smiling as she stood at the edge of the cliff. She could see the grand windmills unique to Mond along with the dandelions flying through the air.

She hopped down from the cliff, summoning a cushion of bushes and flowers to soften her landing. Mondstadt had a better teraformation for her, as it was mostly covered by grass and foliage compared to Liyues mountains and stone.

It was the advantages of surroundings that also caused her to argue with Alastor regarding their territories.

"So... Blonde haired boy with floating fairy companion, thing." Zhi You hummed, pressing her hands against her hips. She tilted her head at the sight of Mondstadt's walls, a grin spreading across her face.

"Oh well, might as well have my fun." She walked over the bridge, glancing towards the boy who was giving her a scathing glare. She raised a brow at his expression, simply passing the numerous pigeons who were flocking her before flying back towards the crumbs the boy had offered them.

The boy looked surprised, but continued to give her an intense stare.

There were two guards stationed at the gates, and Zhi You only waved pleasantly at the two. "Welcome to Mondstadt traveler, what may be your business here?" One of the knights, Lawrence, asked.

Zhi You only smiled, "I'm a traveler from Liyue, and a friend of mine recommended coming to Mond!" She cheerfully lied, eyes sparkling in excitement as she looked past the guards. The two nodded with bright grins, allowing her entry.

Zhi You smirked as she stepped foot into the city. Her magenta eyes easily zeroed in on the flower shop close to a bunch of stalls, and she dutifully went to observe to different flora on display. From lamp grass, to Cecilia, to windwheel asters. She grazed her fingers on the lamp grass, and smiled at the young girl watching her in fascination.

"How much for some asters?"

After paying for the three windwheel asters, Zhi Yu set out to look for Alastor's most recent contractor. It wasn't easy searching for the traveler, but she sooner or later found him chatting with a group of three people. His fairy-like companion was silently nibbling at a hasbrown, looking a bit dejected.

She tilted her head silently, before taking out the letter and drawing. She had always found it fascinating that when he put some consideration to it, Alastor was capable of drawing a near uncanny likeness to someone.

(Not mine)

Zhi Yu sweat dropped at the drawing, glancing back up at the smiling boy who had dark circles under his eyes. 'He drew him do pretty.' she thought, sighing and shaking her head before approaching the boy.

On the other hand, Aether stiffened at an infernal presence. He could distinguish it now after all the lessons and little comments Alastor had given him. He whipped around, searching for the source before his eyes landed on a young lady with an outfit that could be traced back to Liyue. His eyes widened at the Dendro vision on her coat, and he froze in shock.

A smile graced the young lady's face, as she halted right in front of the group. "Aether and Paimon, right?" She asked, and the traveler hesitantly nodded. Zhi Yu handed him the letter and drawing, which both were signed by Alastor. "I'm a friend of Alastor, and he's sent me to deliver this."

Paimon dropped her hasbrown and immediately peered over Aethers shoulder. While Bennett, Razor, and Fischl were bewildered yet excited. Bennett and Razor were familiar with Alastor, while Fischl had heard stories of the man who had trained Razor how to fight ever so viciously.

Aether nodded absentmindedly, smiling at the new 'Benny's adventure team's before he bud them farewell. The unlucky adventurer and wolf boy were a bit disappointed, but concluded that Aether needed privacy regarding the letter handed to him. So they smiled and promised to meet up the next day, while Aether lead Zhi Yu up the stairs and towards the fountain near the cathedral.

They sat on the bench, and Zhi Yu silently waited as Aether read the letter, with Paimon looking over his shoulder.

My dearest Aether,

I apologize for leaving so abruptly again. I just feel that Mondstadt seems to have taken a toll on me once again. As you know, Gwyneira was once my lover, but she had formed a contract with me. In order to stay in Mondstadt, she vowed to never harm the city in any manner, but she has breached that agreement and thus was punished for it.

I admit, I no longer love her in that manner, but she has been my lover regardless. It hurts to know that yet another loved ones blood stains my hands.

I understand that this will hurt you and Paimon, but I need space. The person who has sent this to you is Barbatos' counterpart, Zhi Yu, and we've come to the agreement of temporarily switching places for the time being. I don't know when I'll be able to return to Mondstadt, but I promise that we will see each other soon.

We are bound by chains I created and you are an exception to my nefarious deeds. I won't break our contract, I value you too much. Please wait for me dearest. I̶ a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ m̶i̶s̶s̶ y̶o̶u̶.

Make sure Paimon doesn't empty the kitchens. Take care of yourself. Don't be reckless, or else I'll tie you up and make sure you never get yourself hurt again. But really, keep safe and send my regards to the others.

Also, please tell Paimon that wasting Mora on food alone is not good.

Yours, Alastor.

By the end of the letter, Aether was in tears. He aggressively wiped his tears and clutched both the letter and drawing close to him.

On the other hand, Zhi Yu stared at him in curiosity. Such a person who was rendered in tears so easily couldn't possibly be a beloved of the contract demon, could he? It was odd as all those Alastor has taken an interest in were vicious, selfish, and greedy people. Regardless of their race and species, those were the kinds of people he associated with. So why is it that, he had gotten so attached to someone so soft and heroic.

Even so, Alastor never showed a hint of humanity towards his enemies. That was unchanging.

"Goodness you are a crybaby."

Aether flinched at her nonchalant tone, but the curiosity in her eyes made him glare at the demoness. She merely laughed at his face, and lean back on the bench, a hand on her knee as she crossed her legs.

"I do wonder what you are able to offer to the contract demon to make so... Attached. I've never seen him like that." She admitted, but she was grinning like a maniac.

"Zhi Yu, the demon of freedom." Aether stated, and his eyes grew calculated. A rush of excitement coursed through Zhi Yu as the once crying boy could make such a cold look. Perhaps that's why Alastor was so fond of him.

"I prefer the words... Anarchy or lawless. Freedom sounds absolutely delightful, but it seems quite bland for little ol'me." Her half lidded gaze stuck to the piercing cold eyes in Aethers eyes, grinning sharply at him.

"I see..." Aether murmured, folding the letter and drawing and placing it into the bag he had been carrying.

"So... You and Alastor switched places? How does that work?"

Zhi Yu giggled, "Alastor and I have similar origins. One of our parents are from Liyue, while the other is from Mond. We're not really switching places, rather... We've returned to the nations we were supposed to be in."

Aether blinked in surprise, tilting his head in confusion. Zhi Yu only rolled her eyes and decided to indulge the ignorance of the traveler. "I was born in Mondstadt while he was born in Liyue. Mondstadt's geology is better suited for my element, dendro. With all the trees, plants, and many others concerning nature, it is perfect for me. On the other hand, Liyue is where Alastor was born. The rocky mountains and the teraformations are better for his pyro element, which won't damage his surroundings too much."

She pursed her lips, "Honestly, we weren't supposed to even switch but unfortunately! Dearest pride despised Liyue so much because of his mother... Also because of his duty as a former knight of Mondstadt. So I guess, I can't fault him for wanting to stay in here, the nation where he fought a gods soldiers for the freedom of a city. Ironic really, but, this is Alastor."

Even more confused, Aether frowned at Zhi Yu. Alastor had never been to expressive of his past and perhaps it was because of the affection he showed to Aether that caused him to overlook such a thing. But Alastor had left him again. It was only right for Aether to do some research.

Starting with what Zhi Yu was talking about.

"Knight of Mondstadt? What are you talking about? Alastor's a demon of Mond, but a knight?" Aether asked, brows furrowed as he stared at the demoness.

Zhi Yu's eyes were wide, staring at Aether in disbelief. She continued to stare, before laughter erupted from her lips and she understood just how ignorant those around Alastor were. Although she found it flattering that she knew more about Alastor than the Archon of Mondstadt and the beloved traveler of the demon.

"He really hasn't told you?" She giggled, getting on her feet before standing right in front of Aether. She pressed two fingers beneath Aethers chin, lifting his head up and making sure the young man met her eyes.

"Alastor was the heir to house Caelentis and the last pureblood member of that clan. He was a knight who fought in the war against Decarabian, and a human who perished from grief." She grinned as Aethers pupils shrunk.

"The heir of Caelentis died, and in place the contract demon was born."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 6K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~แฏฝโฅแชฅแดฅแชฅโฅแฏฝ~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...
1.9K 63 8
'The Lost Prince' Aether, kidnapped from his parents, the king and queen of Liyue, and his twin sister, Princess Lumine. Kidnapped by none other than...
140K 5.5K 23
[ ๐™“๐™ž๐™–๐™ค/๐™๐™š๐™ข!๐™๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™š๐™ง ] After two-thousand years, you got to see the light of day once more. Like the civilization of long ago, your memory...
307K 6.4K 33
One day Aether is in the nation Liyue, unable to summon an Abyss Mage due to his low stamina and lack of power at the moment. While in Liyue he unexp...