Dream

By Minnsta

"Oh, no," He sighed, cupping my tear stained face in his hands. "No, no. Don't cry." I was unable to tear my... More

Midnight Club
First Encounter
We Meet Again
Night Out (1)
Night Out (2)
Night Out (3)
My Capture
Trapped
Comfortability
Beginning of Fear
Realization
Paralyzed
The Very Beginning
In the Eyes of Kieran
Impulsiveness
I Can Be Bold Too
Search and No Rescue
Weak
Panic
Conflict
Uninvited Guests
Baby Steps
A Flash of Hope
A Change of Scenery
Mistakes
Growth
Passion
Nothing Lasts for Forever
The Bathroom (1)
The Bathroom (2)
Family Reunion
Drifting
Is It Forgiveness?
A New Kind of Light
Melancholy
Warning
Blind Insight
The Main Event (Kieran)
The Main Event (Suriah)
Freed From the Devil
A Delusional Dream
Note
Extra One
Extra Two

Kieran's Fate

6.4K 209 26
By Minnsta

She wasn't eating. She wasn't sleeping. For fuck's sake, she wasn't doing anything, at all. It was a good thing to a certain extent. But when it got to this point where she's treating herself like shit, that's where I draw the line. I do appreciate her for not being a pain in the ass lately. The lack of food has her way more relaxed and I couldn't be more grateful.

"You've been staring at your phone lately," He said, I lifted my head and carelessly looked at him, "Something special?".

Cheng, leader and CEO of his family's enormous corporation located in Hong Kong and parts around east Asia. He has been learning the entrepreneur pathway since he could learn, top of his classes, still pursuing certain degrees but he'll get them regardless if he passes his classes or not and; he's very, very nosey.

I do international business with him for the benefit of my company and success, if someone else was in charge maybe I'd actually have a good time here in Hong Kong for once. As for now, I'd have to deal with Cheng's headache busybody.

"No," I answered.

"Then what has your attention?".

My lips twitched, "My dog,".

He smiled and poured two glasses of whiskey, "Adorable,".

I nodded my head and placed my phone back inside of my pocket. I have better things to do, checking on Suriah as one of them, but he won't get to the goddamn point. I sighed and stood up, taking the cup from his hand.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to get straight to business," I informed.

He chuckled and sipped on his drink, "This dog must be very important,".

"Separation anxiety," I corrected him bluntly.

"You or the dog?".

"The dog,".

He hummed. After talking about the "dog" for an unreasonably long time, we eventually got down to what I was actually there for. Sometimes Cheng would visit me and I'd go to him, we switched it around every once in a while. I managed to cut the cost percentage of pay here in Hong Kong and have him purchase more shares of some other companies I invested in. If I was able to get other associates to invest as well, I'd get a bigger cut of the final share.

About an hour after the meeting was supposed to end I was finally able to leave and head back to the house I was staying in. I excused the security from my room, threw my jacket off and sat down on the edge of the bed.

Sometimes I really question if I was meant to do shit like this.

I slid a hand down my face and pulled my phone out. I checked the cameras and when I checked the closet camera I could see Suriah hugging herself in the corner as she slept angelically. She's finally sleeping. I zoomed in as much as I could. She looked paler than before, smaller too. My lip twitched into a frown.

Maybe I should get her a maid to make sure she's taking care of herself.

This was irritating. I was irritated. I knew why I just didn't want to acknowledge why. It was inevitable, unfortunately. The annual charity party. Just attending would send thousands of dollars to the charity and I, unfortunately, was one of the highest prices attending this party. The only problem was Suriah, of course I'd normally leave her, but I kind of wanted to tease her a bit. Play with her.

I'd get her a really nice dress, hair and makeup done and then watch her panic around everyone around her. All the people she could ask for help. I wonder if she would be bold enough to ask for help...she's done it before but maybe she's finally learned what the consequences are.

I sighed and tossed my phone to the side, pushed myself off of the bed and walked to the windows of the room. It was good that things went well here. I'll get Suriah a gift.

My phone rang, sounding off like a siren inside the room. I only viewed the city for a little longer before seeing who's calling me. I picked up my phone and saw my sister's ID on the screen. I raised an eyebrow and threw it back on the bed until it stopped ringing. But, once it ended it started ringing again..and again..and again. I shut my eyes closed and sighed out the irritation I had built inside me before answering the call.

"Took you long enough," She said immediately.

"I was a bit busy," I answered as I sat down on the couch of the room.

"I heard you went to Hong Kong no to long ago," She said, basically questioning what happened.

"Yes, I'm still here," I responded, "Took a little longer,".

I heard her hum through the phone practically questioning my existence.

I sighed, "Ava, what do you want?".

Ava scoffed, "I just wanted to check in on my brother? Is that so bad?".

"I'm not in the mood,".

"Fine," she mumbled and went silent.

"Ava," I said with my eyes closed.

Her voice squeaked as she wanted to say something but hesitantly stopped herself, she didn't say anything for a while. All I could hear were her attempts to speak.

"His condition got worse," She finally said, "Kieran,".

She paused again.

"Why don't you try to see him at least once, you know, before he passes," She begged, "He wants to see you,".

"Ava," I tried to say.

"Kieran, please," She interrupted, "Just once. Please,".

I leaned forward and rubbed my temples as I quietly thought to myself. I said I never wanted to see him again and no one seems to understands that I'm serious.

Ava wasn't talking about someone irrelevant, rather my father, she has a different one but that's beside the point. He fell sick a couple of years ago making me the new CEO of Knight industry, also known as one of the successful and accomplished companies. I didn't and still don't have any care for him.

He ruined our lives being as careless as he is, ruined his relationship. My poor mother, well...not really. He never treated me like I was something, only a tool. My mother begged me to visit him countless times as his condition worsened but I never ever took it into consideration. It was a fucking joke.

Ava, Ava oh Ava. She knows the influence she has on me. She was my only sister and sibling after all. I was close to as she grew up but then again, nothings really lasts forever. We got split up, she left with our mom and her father, and I was left with the devil as a man. I trusted Ava, she trusted me. I can't not say no to her either, especially since she never asks me for anything.

I let out a sigh, "I'll think about it,".

"Really?!" She gasped.

"Yes but don't push it," I answered.

"Of course, I respect your time. If you ever want to go, let me know because I'll go with you," She told me, "That way it won't be too bad,".

"Yeah, sounds good," I exhaled.

"Take care of yourself, Kieran," She scolded.

"You too Ava,".

Our call finished. My shoulders felt light, my breaths were calmer and less stiff, in a way talking to Ava calmed me down. She always had. I gently smiled to myself, Suriah would love her.

A knock came from the door.

"Yes?"

My security walked in, "You flight is ready to land in about 30 minutes, Mr. Knight,".

I turned to look outside.

"Cancel it," I ordered as I stood up, "I'd like to take a walk around town,".

I grabbed my suit jacket and walked past the man.

I don't think I'm quite ready to leave this beautiful city actually. Without Cheng involved this place is amazing. To the food, culture, to the people. I walked around the city, through small towns enjoying the scenery and sounds of the bustling people. In the distance you could hear the wave sing through the trees as the leaves fell down. Under your foot was the sensational crunch of a leaf. It was more than a nice day.

I strolled through a smaller town that was outside the city and looked at all of the booths lined up next to each other. I saw one that looked more intriguing than the others. The shop was built like a snowglobe and when I walked in, shelves and shelves of all kinds of globes were lined up. I curiously walked around the store and gently gazed at the snowglobes.

"Young man," I heard.

I turned around and was met with a short woman, definitely older than myself, smiling brightly.

"Come, come," She whispered as she waved a hand to follow her.

After blinking a few times, I followed her into the back of the store where a floor table and cards sat. The woman sat down and guided me to sit, which I did, she asked for my palms and I handed them to her. She shut her eyes and pursed her lips and she traced over my hands.

"Success...," She said, "Stability...,".

She furrowed her eyebrows hard together and clasped her hands onto mine. A long minute passed before her eyes shot open. Her lips curled into a mischievous smile and her eyes sparkled with mischief.

"And a new lover,".

"A lover?" I questioned.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, "But, mm, it doesn't look so good in the beginning. There's too much pain and misunderstanding young man,".

I cocked my head at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Be gentle, be kind and be patient," She whispered as she grabbed my hand again.

I scoffed out a chuckle.

"This snowglobe," She started as she reached from behind her, "Was a gift to me from my husband,".

The woman held the globe in her hand as if it were her world, staring endlessly into the memories filled within the globe.

"He carved it out himself, he made it all," She explained, "He was my first love,".

I lowered my head, trying to look deeper inside her eyes.

"Here," She said as she opened my hand and placed the snowglobe in them. I questionably stared at her.

"Take it and give it to them. She'll love it," The woman smiled.

I pursed my lips. "Why would you want to give me this?".

"Because a first love can either be true or painful. I hope for yours to be just as great as mine," She explained.

"How much?" I asked.

She waved a hand at me, "That has no price,".

"I can pay you whatever you-,".

"That has no price," She repeated with her lips tight.

My eyes drifted down to the snow globe, anyone could tell this was an older kind if they looked hard enough. An old city of Hong Kong with cherry blossom leaves at the bottom. I shook it gently and watched the city become flowered in the petals.

"Thank you," I said after sitting in silence with her.

I pushed myself off of the ground and walked out of the room, towards the entrance when I heard her calling after me. I stopped and turned my head to see her rushing out as fast as she could. She grabbed my arm and tucked something into the pocket of my suit.

"The globe is for you both, but this is for her," She winked.

She pushed me out of the door and waved me goodbye.
Eventually I walked back to where the car was parked and by then it was already night so I decided best to stay another night. It wouldn't hurt anyone. Surprisingly enough, I wasn't worn out but energized. I headed back to my room and shut the door after me. I placed the globe on the nightstand next to the bed and traced my fingers over it. It's beautiful.

I sat down and patted the item in my pocket. I pulled it out and placed it in the center of my palm. A pastel green hair clip with three white flowers, traced in gold. Two leaves dangled from a gold chain and two purple transparent orbs that also dangled from a gold chain.

I let my fingers explore the hair clip. Suriah will look beautiful in this.

I looked back up and at the snowglobe.

My first love? I chuckle. It can either be pure or painful. I guess I'll have to see where this goes then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 403 9
Games can be fun, but some games end rather badly. What happens when a young girl plays a game that catches the attention of someone that's not only...
124K 2.9K 42
[COMPLETE] "My beautiful slut. This body belongs to me, doesn't it?" he praises, smirking down at her. "Yes, sir," she breathes out as his fingers sl...
428K 9.6K 55
A simple mute girl who lives in a world of silence and serenity with her grandmother. A ruthless cruel mafia who lives in the world of women,drugs an...
158K 3.8K 32
"You must be a very lonely person," I said. He leaned over to cup my cheek, and I flinched at his touch, but allowed it. "Maybe, but most people aren...