Living With Phantoms | Black...

由 RinGarcea

[UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING!] (Rankings: #566 in Ocs #242 in cielphantomhive #381 in Kuroshitsuji #726 in Act... 更多

Prologue: Phantomhive
Chapter 1: Unrelated Blood
Chapter 2: A Wild Ride into Meeting A Pirate
Chapter 3: Caterpillar, Butlers, Wait, What?
Chapter 4: A Nightmare Come True
Chapter 5: An Unexpectedly Wonderful and Horrible Day
Chapter 6: Welcome to Phantomhive Manor! *BANG*
Chapter 7: A Sweet Pirate and A Creepy butler
Chapter 8: Hopeless Hide and Seek
Chapter 9: Sebastian AKA CCL= Crazy Cat Lover
Chapter 10: I'm a girl...With Mood Swings
Chapter 11: My Name is Samuel. Samuel King.
Chapter 12: Horror Headache
Chapter 13: The Strange Creep of The Basement
Chapter 14: Shouts, Blood, Death, Confusion.
Chapter 15: A Growing Black over Blue
Chapter 16: An Annoyingly Clever Snack
Chapter 17: Demon? Probably. Bastard? TOTALLY.
Chapter 18: Relaxation, Realization.
Chapter 19: The S In Sebastian Is For Sadist.
Chapter 20: A Fun Run Through Phantomhive Mansion!
Chapter 21: The Damn Butler Is a Magician Too.
Chapter 22: A Blue Star Exposed Under a Red Moon
Chapter 23: GODDAMN IT, SEBASTIAN
Chapter 24: Ciel Phantomhive Equals Mystery
Chapter 25: Diamonds Are Moons
Chapter 26: One Diamond is Annoying Though.
Chapter 27: Tanks, For The Trip To New York
Chapter 28: The Waltz Is Dangerous.
Chapter 29: This Really Wasn't In The Brochure...
Chapter 30: S In Sarah Is For Stupid.
Chapter 31: A 'Friendly' Reunion
Chapter 32: Demons: 3 and 1/2, Humans: 1 and 1/2, Shinigami: 3?!
Chapter 33: Bone Cracking Mystery and Confusion
Chapter 35: Mayhem in The Phantomhive Manor
Chapter 36: Comprehension
Chapter 37:A Burst of Hell
Chapter 38: The Slow Hand Of An Obscure Shadow
Chapter 39: A Bloody End and A Solitary Beginning
Chapter 40: Weston College...?

Chapter 34: A Sinking Feeling

655 22 5
由 RinGarcea

CHAPTER 34:

                  My body was still screaming in pain. The only difference now was that for some reason, the polished floor was moving rapidly under me.

                  And waking me from the blackness was the sound of wood falling on wood, and glass shattering loud enough to be mistaken for thunder.

                  The floor was slipping under me now and before it could go faster, I winced as my body suddenly stopped with a heavy bob, my wrist now being held by a smooth, cool hand.

                  "Marcus..." I muttered under a gasp as my ribcage seemed to crack right then and there.

                  Even with my eyes feeling heavy as lead, with great effort, I pulled them open and groaned to see my vision had practically turned into a kaleidoscope.

                  The pillars which were now lying horizontally were blurred, doubling now and again as I caught a glimpse of a familiar ginger haired man, sliding past us with great speed, screaming in horror.

                  When Stoker disappeared before my eyes and stopped screaming, I finally realized the Campania was probably in the process of sinking right at this moment.

                  And upon looking up, I could feel my heart tighten in fear as it beat crazily like the wings of a bird.

                   Right in front of my eyes was a pale face, his platinum hair glistening in the Campania's light. But still, his green eyes glowed brighter before my eyes.

                Even with my vision blurred, I could see the visible smile growing on Undertaker's face.

                  "Marcus..." I groaned, begging my throat to let go of my voice and let me call for help since I now have another person trying to grab my skin and probably kill me.

                  I wanted to get out of his grip but that was obviously a bad idea since I might just end up like Stoker and fall to my death.

                  So as Undertaker pulled me by the wrist and up into his arms, I simply groaned, baring my teeth at him as I struggled to give him a glare.

He simply chuckled at me.

                  "You look quite funny, Sarah." He snickered.

                  Ah, yes, the struggles of trying to give a death glare right after fainting and feeling disoriented then being told you look like a clown.

                  Anyhow, I wasn't keen on entertaining this guy anymore nor do I want to ask how the hell he knew I was a half-demon when Marcus was the only one who knew about it.

                  Right now, I just wanted to get away from this creep.

Granted I run away too much, but being called a coward beats being called a dead person. A dead half-demon person that is.

                  Right on cue, I looked up, my vision finally clear enough to see that the red haired reaper was lunging right towards us with his freak chainsaw growling angrily like a  rabid lion.

                  Before Grell could slice us into half, I practically lost my breath when Undertaker suddenly jumped into the air, making my head spin like a top as he jumped all over the place, asking something about Grell being Madam Red's (whoever she is) butler.

                  "You also tamper with lives, don't you?" Undertaker cooed as he kept me in the grip of his arms, holding me gently but tightly enough that if I try to struggle, my ribs would probably falling like leaves inside me.

                  "No one like's nosy guys, you know?!" Grell growled angrily, his eyes almost popping out of his sockets as he swung his chainsaw at Undertaker's feet barely missing him by an inch.

                  While these two were busy fighting each other and I was simply hanging on for dear life, my eyes darted around the place, trying to find that head of messy, black hair but once again, Grell's death scythe made me jump in place.

                  Looking up, Grell was about to land another swing at Undertaker when out of nowhere, the blond shinigami was thrown at him, making his eyes grow wide in shock as they both crashed into tables and creating a flutter of dust before Grell screamed,

                  "RONALD?!!" with such frustration and shock, I thought he was gonna hit the poor blondie himself and give him more injuries than he already has.

                  "Ahh, young'uns these days really are feeble. Isn't it old fashioned to just rely on your death scythe?" I heard Sebastian coo, making me look towards him and simply glare at his bloodied and messed up form.

                  I honestly had nothing to help me fight anymore.

Other than the facts that Marcus was nowhere to be found and I was practically losing my bones, I am now in the hands of a very powerful shinigami and will probably be fought over by Sebastian and Ciel.

Seriously, I feel like a piece of candy here being fought over by babies.

                  But gritting my teeth, I knew was trapped.

                  The boat was sinking too and my only hope of living is one of these guys getting me out of here whom right after I would try to escaped from. But now that I look at it, there's no way I can escape from either Sebastian or Undertaker.

When I didn't see Marcus around, I could feel the stinging in my eyes. Other than I won't have a protector anymore, I've probably lost another friend.

Don't tell me he's...

                  Soon, the panic was finally rising in my chest. I needed Marcus. Without him, I'm practically a bowl of food sitting right before a pride of lions.

"Well then," Sebastian started, looking up at me and Undertaker with a look of triumph on his face.

"The only thing left is-"

                  Everything shook around us, the groaning of the ship's mass, making me gasp and grip Undertaker's clothing, careful not to fall on my own like the idiot I am.

Right then, I froze, slowly turning my head to the side as the wall next to us creaked and gurgled like it was about to break.

                  And sure enough, I gasped when a waterfall erupted from the side of the ship, drizzling us with freezing cold water but bathing Sebastian and Ciel who stood below us.

                  "Hmm, well then, it's finally time to say goodbye." Undertaker said, making my eyes go wide as I tried to struggle from his grasp but simply screamed in pain when he flexed his arm, crushing me into a vice grip and making my jaw fall as I screamed in his arms.

"What does he even want?!" I screamed in my head.

                  As far as I know, shinigami shouldn't be interested in demons. And there really is nothing interesting about me other than that fact that I still have human blood coursing through my veins. Other than that, nothing left to talk about, really.

"Now, now, Sarah." Undertaker cooed, "You don't want to end up fainting again, do you?"

                  I couldn't think of a word rude or bad enough so I simply growled at him like a feral dog.

                  He chuckled at me and turned back to Sebastian and Ciel, who were now almost knee deep in water.

                 "It's been interesting." Undertaker smiled as he got ready to escape through the open dome.

Right when he was about to jump and I was trying to pry free of him, my eyes widened to see both Sebastian and Grell had lunged us.

Before Grell could cut him in half or Sebastian could kick his face in, Undertaker overwhelmed me with his reflexes as he blocked Grell's chainsaw with his own death scythe and narrowly avoided Sebastian's kick by whipping his head to the side.

                  And amazingly, since he was so preoccupied, I found myself wide eyed.

                   And floating in mid air along with a string of silver lockets that seemed to belong to Undertaker.

                  Gritting my teeth, I screamed a curse as I got ready for the cold and painful fall to the floor.

                  But before that could happen, my heart stopped to hear Ciel shout:

"GRAB HER, SEBASTIAN!"

                  At that moment, I lost my breath when I was now in the arms of the demon butler, wincing as my body crashed against Sebastian.

                  Looking up at him through pained and squinted eyes, I wanted to smack him right there since he smirked the usual sly smirk at me.

"My, my. Falling all over the place aren't you?" he teased, knowing very well that I was too weakened to do anything bad to him.

Fuckin' bastard.

                  As Sebastian grabbed me and irked me with his stoic smile, Ciel grabbed the silver lockets in his small hand.

                  As I whipped my head up to Undertaker, I froze as I saw the small but gentle smile plastered on his pale face.

                  "Earl," he called through the waterfall gushing in next to him as he landed gracefully on the railing. "I'll entrust that to you for a while. Please take good care of it."

                  Pulling his head up, Undertaker looked as gentle and as sweet as ever as he stared at us, looking as if we were holding something so precious and fragile.

                  "It's my treasure." He smiled, his green eyes glowing gently under his wet fringe.

Glancing at the said treasure, I caught a glance of Ciel's shocked and very confused look.

"WAIT, UNDERTAKER!"

"You can have Sarah for now as well." Undertaker said as he turned his back to us, running his fingers through his thick, silver hair.

                  "Keep your eye on her too." He said, smirking at me but making me flinch as I saw the sadness in his eyes as he stared into mine.

                  "Why do you look so sad every time you look at me?" I thought quietly in my head, trying piece everything he said together. But thanks to the ship groaning underneath our feet, I couldn't think straight.

Turning his head back, Undertaker sighed. "See you, earl."

                  "Let's meet again." he smiled before, in a flash, he whirled his death scythe and made my eyes go wide as my heart stopped and I realized what he had done.

                  "NO!!!" I screamed as the ship's walls sliced open, an arctic air suddenly pummeling me and making me shiver like a little kitten as I jumped at the sound of the ship's front half crashing into the sea like a breaching whale.

                  Before we could be engulfed in water, Sebastian jumped high into the air, carrying both me and Ciel in each arm as he ran up the other half of the ship, heading towards the very tip.

                  As he kept running up, I shouted over and over for him to go back, my eyes wide and utterly heartbroken as Marcus' presence was nowhere to be found.

                  "MARCUS!! WE HAVE TO GO BACK FOR HIM!!!!" I screamed, my eyes stinging tauntingly at me as Sebastian ignored my screams and kept running up. The farther we went the more I wanted to jump out of Sebastian's arms and dive into the sea to find that black haired demon.

"IF YOU WANT GO AND DIE THEN, GO!"  Ciel screamed at me, making me freeze up and turn to him to see his eyes wild and simply annoyed.

"HE'S GONE, SARAH!" ciel shouted through the crowds of people screaming at us for help as Sebastian jumped all over the place trying to reach the top.

Hearing those words once again in my ears, the stinging in my eyes hurt a lot more now.

"No...." I trailed off as my broken ribs drummed at each other and stabbed at my flesh but I ignored it and felt the stinging in my eyes were more painful than anything else.

"NO WAY!!!"

                   I was about to ask what had happened when Sebastian suddenly flipped, grabbing hold of a life float with his shoe and grabbing hold of its ropes between his teeth.

                  "Young master!" Sebastian called as we finally reached the tip of the ship. He put Ciel down first then me right after and in a flash, slipped the float around Ciel, making him jump in place.

                  "Take a deep breath!" Sebastian shouted as my eyes widened to see we were seconds away from sinking into the bottom of the sea with the ship, the groaning of the ship's body making shudders run up my spine.

                  "What?!" Ciel exclaimed as Sebastian suddenly grabbed the Phantomhive and pulled the child over his shoulder.

                  Seeing the position he was holding Ciel with, my eyes almost popped out of their sockets as I realized what the butler was gonna do. It was as if he were getting ready to-

                  "With the situation being as it is, please forgive me!" Sebastian apologized in advance while Ciel thrashed like a fish and screamed in confusion about what Sebastian was doing.

                  Before he could even gasp, Sebastian pulled back with all his strength and literally sent Ciel flying into the air like a cannon ball, making me freeze up in utter shock at what he just did.

In the back of my mind, all I thought was, "God, that was a good throw."

"Alright, come on Sarah!" Sebastian yelled, evident urgency in his voice as I shuddered once again at the sound of the sea swallowing the ship underneath us, making me think there was some kind of monster down there, twirling its claws around the sunken ship and bringing it down into the bottom of the ocean.

"WAIT, WHAT, YOU'RE NOT GONNA THROW ME LIKE THAT!"

                  Quickly ignoring me, Sebastian grabbed my wrist.

 In that second, I swore I thought my heart would fall out my bum at the thought of him throwing me into the air like Ciel.

                  But thankfully, he simply pulled me over his back and gripped my arms under his chin.

                  "HOLD ON!" he shouted as he jumped high into the air, letting us escape a second before the ship finally sunk with a loud groaning and crashing of the cold water.

                  "Uh, SEBASTIAN!!" I shouted in panic as I felt the blood drain from my face at the sight of us nearing the black ocean surface while the cold arctic air sliced past my face.

                  "Take a deep breath!!" He shouted as he tightly held my wrists.

                  Gritting my teeth and ignoring the amazing cold stabbing at my arms, right before we hit the cold water, I took what probably was the biggest breath in my entire life and we crashed into the ocean, the water instantly hugging me like a tight blanket as we sunk deeper into the blackness.

                  Right then, I almost gasped when I could feel the water tugging at my entire body from below. We were probably still close to the sinking ship and the force must be pulling us down as well.

                  And a second later, my heart stopped as I lost my grip on Sebastian and I was pulled away from him, sinking deeper into the ocean myself as my eyes widened, begging for help as the icy cold water seemed to pull me down like a kitchen sink would.

                  With his eyes wide, Sebastian rushed towards me as I reached out with my hand, feeling my lungs burning as I slowly lost my breath and felt the panic rising as I was slowly losing my vision.

                  Being in this situation, I would be glad to say that death by drowning is by far the most terrifying way for someone to die.

                  As the water hugs you, it's like death is forcing itself into you while the air is practically squeezed out of your lungs until you have no more option rather than simply let the water in and finally crash into you like a fist.

                  At the back of my mind, all I could think of now was where Marcus was and hopefully that he would somehow live. He is a demon after all.                      Demons can't and don't die that fast.

                  I was slowly losing my strength now and I could feel myself getting sleepier by the minute as I heard a muffled voice shouting at me, urging me to keep my eyes open.

                  A heartbeat later, I literally felt my heart jump back when I felt Sebastian's warm hand grab my wrist and pull me up towards the surface where air was waiting for me.

                  With a push of his hand, a second later my head had burst through the black surface, my lungs burning as I gasped for the cold air.

                  Next to me, Sebastian burst through as well, panting and exhausted as the cold mist spread out from his open mouth.

                  "Stay here." Sebastian said as he quickly swam away, leaving me in the middle of the dark and cold ocean, shaking as I made my way to a stray piece of wood floating just next to me.

                  A few seconds later, I blinked in surprise to see Sebastian was now sitting in a boat and pulling me in.

                  Groaning at the pain my ribs were still inflicting on me, I lay still on the left side of the wooden life raft, shaking insanely as the water dripping from my hair instantly turned into ice.

                  "Where's the young master?" he asked as he rowed the boat, whipping his head around, trying to find that head of blue hair.

                  I looked around as well, ignoring the other people in the distance struggling to keep themselves afloat in the cold water.

                  Of course, Ciel was the top priority now. Especially to Sebastian.

                   I recall Marcus saying something about him wanting Ciel's soul and going as far as to play the role of a butler.

                  Honestly, it's none of my business why he would want to eat Ciel's soul or why I should be worried about Ciel in some way but now, I'm in debt to Ciel so of course, I have to find him too.

                  Right then, I immediately pointed my finger when I saw that distinct eye-patch.

                   The Phantomhive was frozen in the middle of the life float and was shaking madly as the mist came out from his mouth and nostrils.

                  "THERE!" I shouted, seeing that Ciel was slowly losing his strength and with a twist in my chest, Ciel slowly but surely started slinking under the float. Before I knew it he had already sunk into the water.

                  "SEBASTIAN!" I screamed, whipping my head back and freezing up to see Sebastian was already gone.

                  Looking back to Ciel, panicked with not a clue what to do, I jumped when from behind me, a loud coughing and raking burst at me.

                  Turning, I saw Ciel, drenched in cold water with Sebastian right behind him, partly in the water as Ciel sat opposite of me, still coughing.

"They probably weren't able to lower all the life boats in time so I went and borrowed this." Sebastian said as he threw his coat off and handed it to Ciel.

                  "Please wear this." Sebastian insisted before apologizing about not being able to make tea at the moment.

                  I sat opposite of them, shuddering and teeth chattering as my hair turned into ice. Honestly, I was a little jealous of Ciel. To be given a coat right away and not freeze his butt off.

I can't even remember something like that in my life happening.

                  Gazing out into the night, I still tried to find Marcus through the crowd of people, thrashing in the water, some of them pushing each other down just to keep themselves afloat.

"Where is he?" I thought to myself, hugging my arms and trying to keep myself warm without succession.

                  "Sarah." Ciel called, his voice shaking as I turned to him.

He held Sebastian's coat up to me, motioning me to take it. I stared at him, knitting my brows together.

                  He rolled his eyes at me as usual. "Take it." he said, "A lady shouldn't be drenched like this."

                  For what seemed like a very long second I stared at him then simply turned my head away.

                  "Idiot." I said, my teeth chattering loudly now.

                  "Your body's still smaller than mine.....You need it more than I do." I said, smiling at the earl a bit before turning my back to them again, feeling the side of my body burning like fire every time I moved even a tiny inch.

"Damn, you're prideful as hell." My consciousness scoffed.

I guess it was true. I didn't like people pitying me. It was insulting. I already knew myself that I was useless.

                  I didn't need other people to treat me that way and shove it in my face. But other than that, Ciel really did need it more than I did.

Among the three of us, he was the only full human plus, no matter how old he acts, he's still a growing child.

                  "ButI do need blood." I thought to myself, immediately picturing Marcus' face in my head and seeing him pushing his wrist at my face.

                  Right then, I flinched as I heard a blood curdling scream followed by another and another.

                  Looking up, I saw the humans struggling in the water, the cold probably finally setting its toll on them. You can only stay in cold water for so long.

                  "If we go back they will sink the boat." Sebastian said, "Let's get away." he said and quickly paddled away, staying in the water and simply pushing the boat himself instead of using the oars.

                  After a few minutes, I found myself sitting right next to Ciel, both of us huddled close together as the icy air stabbed at us.

                  As we were escaping from this chaos with Sebastian probably taking us back to England, (I wouldn't be surprised if he could.) I talked to Ciel, trying to keep both me and him awake. In a book I read, it said you shouldn't sleep in the cold when you're wet.

The bottom line was that when a human's body temperature goes below 95° F , hypothermia will set in. Right after this, the internal organs will shut down and you'll die.

I'm not really sure if this would still apply to me, but better safe than sorry.

 "How are Lizzy and the others?" I asked, my voice utterly spent and quiet.

                  "They're safe." Ciel simply answered in reply, his voice cracking as I stared at the small icicles forming in his hair.

                  I stared at Ciel, nudging him every time he lolled his head and asking him another question and earning a glare from him since I was probably irritating him by now.

                  I ignored him and simply smirked as he stared blankly at me.

As the quiet air rang into my ears, I looked ahead of me, not looking at Ciel.

                  "Why did you help me?" I finally asked.

I looked back at Ciel and he was silent at first, staring at me as he still shook.

                  "Actually, never mind that." I started, feeling my heart beating once again in slight uneasiness.

 "Why are you after me?"

Ciel stared at me and snuggled further into the black coat.

                  "Because I want to save you." the earl answered, making me freeze up. (As if I weren't anymore frozen than ever.)

                  I stared into his uncovered eye, unsure of what I saw. I doubted him of course. If he wanted to save me then why is his butler doing so in such a creepy way? It just seems like he wants to keep m in a cage rather than help me.

                  I scoffed at him. "From what? Retribution?" I asked with a smirk.

Ciel simply scoffed back at me. "You don't even know who that other demon is, do you? Yet you come along with him like a little puppy."

                  "Then who will I trust?" I asked, suddenly feeling my anger flare as I glared at Ciel. He stared at me, glaring back as well.

                  "Out of all the people I met after I was left on my own, that demon boy was the kindest person I've ever met." I said through my teeth.

                  Who was he to say such a thing anyway? Ciel didn't even know who Marcus was himself as never even talked to him. saying I followed Marcus around like a little puppy was simply insulting.

                  "He was my only friend now." I thought to myself as I sighed, momentarily looking away from Ciel.

Right then, I heard Sebastian chuckle from the water.

                  "How ungrateful you are." Sebastian said, making me glance at him with the usual glare I always gave him.

                  He smiled at me, his red eyes glowing even brighter in this darkness. "Right after we gave you bed and board, we're not even your friends now?"

                  I rolled my eyes at the butler.

                  "Yes, and right after that you threatened to kill me." I said pointedly. Sebastian simply shrugged at me.

                  "You're after me for some reason." I told Ciel as I looked down at him. "I'm not gonna ask anymore, but don't think you helping me here will change anything." I said and looked down at the wooden floor underneath my feet.

"I'll still get away from you."

                  After my questions and answers, Ciel and I didn't talk anymore.

                  When I think about it, this situation truly is weird since I'm in the hands of the people who are in pursuit of me, but they're actually helping me.....or are they?

                  I rolled my eyes at myself, shuffling my head into my shoulders. "I'm so confused."

I was feeling sleepy myself when right then Sebastian shouted.

                  "YOU CAN'T SLEEP!!"

                  Right then I practically screamed to hear that familiar deathly moaning behind us.

                  Whipping my head back, I gasped to see a Bizarre Doll grasping Sebastian by the leg before it clamped its teeth down on him, drawing blood and making Sebastian growl before he kicked the creature's head off all the while pushing the boat with his hands.

Seeing this, all the drowsiness dissipated from my head like a bubble popping.

"They can move in water?!" Ciel exclaimed.

                  "They don't need to breathe so they can't drown either." Sebastian added, simply making me feel a lot more nervous.

"Then-"

                  Sebastian clamped his hand on Ciel's mouth, making me freeze up as well.

                  Right then, I blinked at the sound of bubbling on the water. I looked down, seeing that underneath the raft, the ocean was bubbling as if it were boiling.

And looking around, I froze.

                  "Oh no." I muttered under my breath.

                  Slowly, we all held our breaths to see bobs of heads rising slowly from the water, their pale faces seemingly lighting up the ocean as I took note once again of their gaping and toothy mouths and blindfolded eyes.

                  "You've gotta be kidding me." I gasped as I realized we simply brought ourselves into a death trap.

                  We were surrounded by the Bizarre Dolls that now know how to swim.

                  "Sebastian, get in!!" Ciel yelled, pushing his hand out to the butler before I grabbed Sebastian's arm and helped pull him in before another corpse could bite his foot off.

                  Right then, we all gasped, whipping our heads back to see they were trying to crawl into the boat.

                  "They'll sink us!" I shouted as Sebastian jumped to his feet and whacked the corpses on their heads with an oar, swinging it powerfully over my head.

                  "WAH!" Ciel shouted as a corpse grabbed him and immediately flew back as Sebastian kicked it in the face.

"How many are there?!" Ciel shouted.

                  "A lot." I answered, "You're the only living human here." I said, careful not to say that I'm probably another reason for them coming after us. Now all I can think of is that we're a floating buffet table in the middle of an ocean.

                  "And as long as their bodies haven't rotted, they'll probably keep going after souls." Sebastian added.

                  Ciel suddenly glanced back towards the other life boats only a distance away from us.

"We can't escape." Ciel said, making me look towards the boats as well.

                  "Lizzy and the others." I finished, making him nod.

                  "If we do, they'll be targeted as well. We can't expose the survivors to danger." Ciel said. Inwardly, I scoffed.

                  So this kid still has humanity in him after all.

                  "Whether it's good or bad, they only seem to be interested in the soul nearest to them!" Sebastian said, clipping another corpse in its head before swinging the oar again, setting another corpse's head into the air like a baseball.

                  "Well stop them here! You can take them, can't you, Sebastian?" Ciel asked, glancing around and seeing how many there actually are.

"I can help." I said.

                  And eating my words, I whimpered when Sebastian suddenly but carefully bumped my ribs with the tip of his bloodied oar.

                  "OW! YOU FUCKER!" I simply shouted, making him roll his eyes at me.

                  "You stay put, Sarah." Ciel said, glaring at me this time and making the edge of my mouth twitch with annoyance.

"I'll be fine!" I shouted, taking the other oar sitting behind me.

                  "I can take 'em!!" I exclaimed as I shoved the oar into the face of a corpse crawling right in front of me and driving the oar farther into its face before throwing it over the boat, making it fly high into the air before falling into the ocean.

                  "There, see!" I said as I opened my arms in triumph and accidentally hit Sebastian in the stomach, making him double over and glare at me.

                  Instantly, I put the oar down and sat next to Ciel. "Never mind." The earl rolled his eyes at me and looked back up at his butler.

"Sebastian?"

                  The butler chuckled at Ciel, smiling at his young master. "       There is no need to ask a servant of anything." he said, "please give me an order."

                  Ciel gritted his teeth, seemingly taking a deep breath as he suddenly untied his eye patch, making me freeze in slight awe and wonder at the sight of his other eye.

                  Glowing an intense hue of purple was the image of a pentagram.

                  "THIS IS AN ORDER, SEBASTIAN! "Ciel shouted as the corpses suddenly seemed to gain strength and hurried towards us, groaning louder as they scurried up the boat, rocking it wildly below us.

                  "ERADICATE THEM!!" Ciel shouted, the pentagram in his eye suddenly glowing as brightly as the moon.

"YES, MY LORD!"

                  And with that, Ciel and I ducked down in the boat as Sebastian swung his oar all over the place, making my eyes widen at the sight of blood flying in the air.

                  "It's going to get shaky, so hold on to the boat!" Sebastian yelled, making me look up at him and freeze to see the look of utter focus and determination in his red eyes.

                  "How interesting..." I heard Sebastian suddenly mutter as I pulled Ciel's head down to make sure he doesn't get hit by the oar.

                  Looking up at him, I flinched as he ripped apart a corpse with his bare hands, his eyes glowing brighter than ever like a cat's as he seemed to smirk.

"Humans will drag others down even in death to get what they want." He purred.

"What truly insatiable creatures!!"

                 Hours had probably passed and every time I looked up, Sebastian was still swinging the oar, bathing himself in corpse blood and looking tired after every swing.

Soon after, Sebastian had finally stopped and outside the boat, it was finally quiet.

                  Looking up at the butler, my eyes widened as he panted, his face and clothes covered in blood.

                  "Is it over?" Ciel asked as he popped up from under me.

                  I was staring at Sebastian and right then, I flinched just when he did.

"SEBASTIAN!"

                  Quickly, I rushed to grab the butler and try to support him but instead we both fell back into the boat, the oar falling on my head and making me groan as Sebastian's elbow nudged my side, making me gasp at the sudden movement.

                  Pulling away, my eyes widened to see the demon butler bleeding from inside his waist coat.

                  "A death scythe blow is hard to take even for someone....like me." he panted as he kept his large palm on his stomach.

                  On instinct, I helped him to sit up, careful myself not to move my lower body 'cause that would be just embarrassing if I faint right at this moment.

Sebastian looked up at me, raising his brow in puzzlement as I tried to help him up.

I blinked, staring at him.

                  A second later, my face exploded with heat and as the butler sat up, I carefully pulled away, my brow twitching in embarrassment.

                  Sure I hate him, but he looked so pitiful I just had to help the idiot.

                  Behind me, I saw Ciel staring at the lockets in his hands.

                  "What's his goal?" Ciel muttered as he turned the lockets back and forth, his brows knit up both in puzzlement and slight sadness.

I could just hear him screaming "WHAT THE HELL, UNDERTAKER?!' in his head.

                  "I cannot comprehend...but as long as you have those funeral lockets, I'm sure we will meet him again." Sebastian said from behind me.

"He didn't seem to want to hurt you....but I'd rather not run into him again." Sebastian said. And at his words, I flinched.

                  To think that there's a person who Sebastian would rather not fight.

                  Now I know Undertaker is someone I don't want to be caught by. I was about to open my mouth and tell them to leave me alone but I stopped myself.

The edge of my mouth twitched in annoyance.

                  "Ahh, if I go around the place alone, if that shinigami finds me and I'm powerless, I'm dead." I thought quietly in my head.

                  Sure Sebastian and Ciel are after me too, but they seem...kinder option rather than Undertaker. And With Marcus missing, they're honestly the ones I could probably trust more despite me saying they're not my friends.

                  The fact that they saved me and haven't done anything to me yet is an assuring thing for me to stay with them for now.

                  Right then, both Ciel and I jumped when Sebastian coughed so loudly, the boat shook.

I turned towards him, seeing the blood running out from his mouth.

                  "Oi, you're not gonna die on us right now, right?" I asked, feigning bug eyes and making the butler glare at me.

                  "I've never seen you like this before." Ciel said out loud.

Sebastian fully turned to Ciel, bowing his head down to his young master.

                  "I am deeply sorry for my unseemly state." He said, making me freeze up and stare at him with bored eyes and disbelief.

He really is a butler to his bones.

                  "I have failed as the Phantomhive house butler."

                  As Ciel stared at his butler, my nose twitched to smell smoke coming from somewhere.

                  Whipping my head back, I almost shouted "VIVA!!" into the air like a child.

                  Tugging on Ciel's arm, he turned to see the ship I was looking at. Surrounding it were the other life boats filled with people who I could see looked as thankful as ever, their eyes glistening with joyful tears as they neared the ship.

                  A wind tackled me, making me take a deep breath as the sun rose up from the horizon.

"Sebastian..." I heard Ciel call from ahead of me and Sebastian.

                  "I can't have the Phantomhive family butler staying like this." he said, "take a good rest once we get back to the manor."

                  "You did well today."

                  I blinked at Ciel, then glanced at Sebastian to see he looked like he just got slapped on the face and kissed on the lips.

"Young master...." He trailed off, his voice shocked.

                  "Please stop. For you to say such a thing." Sebastian chuckled.

                  And at that, goose bumps rose on my arms once again. 

 I glanced at Sebastian from the corner of my eye, feeling a little grossed out since I could see the sparkles and slight happiness on his face as he smiled.

                  Probably feeling my gaze on him, he looked up at me and blinked, his long lashes fluttering over his eyes.

"What?"

                 I blinked at him and simply shuffled away, turning my head away and leaving him confused.

                  "I don't wish to see a storm after all this." Sebastian told Ciel while I stayed in the corner, trying not to move at all and keep away from that weird butler as I felt the blush on my face as the wind howled a gentle wind, bring the rescue ship towards us.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

359K 10.7K 37
Would you be willing to go through Hell to get your happily ever after? --- "Sebastian, do not come any closer to me," I whispered. He ignored my ple...
107K 2.9K 18
(IN EDITING) ~A job in the Phantomhive Mansion? Sure. Romance with the Young Master? Definitely.~ Completed. Book Cover created by me but pictures th...
18.3K 599 11
//COMPLETED// //Black Butler Fanfiction// //SebastianxReader// //Description// Y/N is a criminal who specializes in throwing knives, she is conniving...
27.8K 1K 18
Ciel had gotten tired of hunting for revenge, he was getting ever so close in his search to finding revenge and then he would die... But he didn't wa...