๐ƒ๐€๐๐‚๐„ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐ƒ...

By xmoonvibesx

UNDER HUGE EDITING The consequences of abuse has always been visible on Aurora Duclaire's face. She was silen... More

๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž๐ƒ๐”๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐
๐‚๐€๐’๐“ & ๐€๐„๐’๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐’
๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๏ฟผ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

758 12 4
By xmoonvibesx

CHAPTER 11 -
SILENCE TREATMENT

The days started passing rather slowly to Aurora's taste.

She would spend most of her time in the library just a few blocks away from the hotel, beaming at the fact she can start reading books again.

Her nose sinking in the old scent of thousands of pages while her mind travels to a new fantasy everyday, even the librarian knew her name, and they would have a small chat daily, starting to become friends. Aurora found out that the boy's name was Henry, a guy with thick black glasses and an old vintage style, complimenting his splattered freckles and untidy hair.

The book she was currently digging in, her favourite of all by now, happened to be a romance book with guaranteed spicy scenes at each chapter.

The two souls in the story hated each other deeply, but one night at a dance, the guy decided to catch her attention and they were inseparable since then.

The first time that Aurora read those lines, she immediately snapped the book closed, causing a loud 'bang' sound from the pages touching each other with such violence. The story seemed way too realistic, she thought with rage, why can't they simply write a book that nobody could relate to?

Her insomnia became even worse than before, if that was even possible, because of how much she would sink her nose in the new romance world she found lying on a random bookshelf. Her hand was practically petting the reliure of every leather-covered book, trying to find the perfect one, and thankfully, or unfortunately, she came across the one that caused her sleep to be nonexistent.

She was currently sitting on a red bean bag, her novel wide open on her legs. She fell asleep in the middle of a love sentence with her hand resting on her jawline, sleepy eyes battling not to close once again, a messy bun exploding on every side and a huge dirty grey hoodie being the cherry on the top.

The girl's mouth opens wide as she started feeling saliva dripping out slowly, the emerald green eyes of the innocent girl slowly losing the fight, connecting her lashes together while she drifted in a peaceful and well-deserved sleep.

Her eyelids bat open rather quickly as Aurora heard a nearby voice saying something.
"Aurora? You fell asleep? Again?" The sound calling her says.

She turns her head to the left and jolts at the view of Mateo right next to her.
"Mateo." She simply says, drowned of any energy or motivation.

"Come on. Let's go back to the hotel."

She barely feels his hand wrap around her wrist, dragging her to stand up, causing the book to fall on the floor with a loud 'bang'.

Her eyes half-closed, she could still see Mateo bending down to reach the novel on the ground. His fluffy, almost black, did a small jiggle when he got up from his crouching moment.

Aurora didn't even realise that her sleepy eyes were closing again.

"Seriously, she's not in good health, and because of who?" An accusing tone suddenly says loudly, making Aurora wake up with a jump, terrified of the sudden sound.

"Whasappening?" She asks quickly, redressing her position in a sitting one.

She was lying on the cushion textured, king sized bed of the hotel. She just knew that her hair was completely crazy, not even daring to look at herself in a mirror, because of the looks Mateo and Romeo both gave to her when they noticed the shape of her hair.

"Romeo and me were having a friendly talk." Mateo says before turning his head back to Romeo with a dart-throwing death stare.

"Well.. you're right Mateo. Aurora can we talk?" He pleads, defeated, with pity eyes.

The raven headed girl turns her head to the side, with an arrogant expression, acting as if she didn't hear what he just said.

"Mateo, I'm going to the lounge room." She says in a tone that tried to be casual but it came out as an angry snap.

Her hair swifts side to side as she gets out of bed at immediately opens the door to leave the room. She turned around and slammed the door, making sure to cause the loudest 'bang' possible.

Aurora starts walking a couple steps on the carpeted floor before realising she could feel the texture of the fluffy ground.

The now full-of-energy woman turns her head downwards causing her hair to swish forward, right in front of her eyes. At the view of her barefoot, she simply rolls her brown globes, she didn't want to return to the place number '555' after she left so drastically, so, she simply continues her path.

Since her first time seeing Romeo after days, she completely ignored him, too mad to even react at his purposeful pity expression.

The girl always thought that if she ever saw him again, she would jump in his arms and sob of relief, but, on the contrary, as soon as she stepped out of the hospital, Aurora turned her head to face the boy and swung a hand right across his face with a loud noise. She didn't talk to him since, and doesn't want to.

He, of course, tried talking to her as soon as he had the occasion to, meaning whenever she came back from the library after sticking her nose in books for hours. Her insomnia became much worse, she read way too much books, but, most of the time, because of her tired eyes, she would fall asleep while reading.

She was raging on Romeo so badly that every night, when lying down in bed, she would picture many ways of killing him, or even better, torturing him before death, which she could easily do with a simple phone call to her dad.

When the trio returned to the hotel room after Aurora's small visit to the hospital, Mateo gave a death stare to Romeo and said very clearly and dryly that he will be sleeping on the couch, at the other side of the big room, to her favour, because she could only see him if she craned her neck forwards.

It might seem weird to be so mad and furious towards someone that left for a couple days, almost a week, but Aurora's mental health descended quickly as soon as she was alone. Romeo promised to stay with her, and was even prepared to risk his mafia for the girl to be safe.

He knew how stressful she was after the ball, because of her humid eyes with tears that never dropped, or her constant finger fidgeting while peeling of the skin around her nail. 

Even the 'strong connection' she felt when they first met at the Christmas ball has completely vanished in a matter of seconds at the sight of his amber eyes sitting on the couch of her hospital room, acting as if nothing happened.

The only person Aurora actually showed respect to was Mateo, he seemed to actually care about her, even sometimes raging her because of how much he was forcing the girl to eat, but after all, it was for her own good.

She didn't want to hear a single word from Romeo, and Mateo understood that rather quickly.

Aurora went to a point that even Mateo, who is more protective than a body guard, started feeling bad for him and immediately started to talk her out of the silence punishment she was making Romeo endure.

Aurora didn't listen, of course.

Aurora brings a hand to her hair and pushes a couple strands away from her face as she steps a bare foot in the elevator.

The only person in the golden coloured place was a young, brown haired girl that was too busy listening to her music with some AirPods to pay attention to the new visitor.

She diverts her attention to the melody of the elevator, not having earphones like the person next to her had. It was a simple guitar melody, and she was sure that the girl beside her was listening to something much better.

The elevator stops with its usual 'ding', making Aurora step out of the small, moving machine, as she enters the reception.

The same receptionist, Stella, just like every day, had a high blonde ponytail, kept together by a pink hair elastic. She chews her usual gum before rolling her eyes and announcing "next" to the line full of new visitors.

But this time, Aurora didn't want to chat with Stella as she usually does, normally, they aren't very friendly talks, since the receptionist knew about Aurora's mafia, the daughter of the mafia leader could have whatever she wants, whenever she wants, for example, Stella once accepted to sign her up to a luxurious spa hour for free, not that Aurora can't afford one, she just had better things to spend her money on, like dozens of books.

She simply passes in front of the desk table of the woman and enters the hallway leading to the lounge lobby. It looked exactly the same as the corridor full of rooms but this time, there were a whole bunch of portraits representing important people, such as the president, hung on the wall.

It only took a couple of seconds for the hallway to vanish, leaving place to a big and beautiful lounge room.

It was as if everything that Aurora had ever wanted was suddenly assembled in a room.

At the end of the place was a huge black bookshelf, occupying the whole wall, covered with old and ancient leather books, Aurora had the opportunity to open and explore them one by one, most of them were poems and history.

Some black couches with dark coloured cushions were splattered around the lounge, at least six or seven of them. Each of the comfy divans had a small coffee table in front of them, for the waiters that come and go to take some orders and to place the drinks on the table.

They all had a circular, black tray full of various cocktails and alcohols, Aurora always had her mouth watering at the view of them, she always tries to resist the urge to order one, but finally ended up getting a drink anyways.

Some mix of classical and jazz music was playing distantly, but, on the contrary of the night with Mateo at the restaurant, there wasn't a whole band playing in front of everyone, instead, we couldn't see where the sound came from, the melody filled the whole room.

Aurora steps in the room hesitantly, looking around to make sure there wasn't anyone she didn't know, in effect, she comes here every single day after Mateo, just like every time, forces her to get out of the library. The pure reason of her small travelling sessions around the place was that she didn't want to be stuck in the same room as Romeo's.

Anyways, coming to the lounge daily made her get to know some people better, she did small talks with them, for example, she even gave her number to a girl around her age, Keisha, with long, curly, brown locks, reaching her shoulders. Her perfect pearly white and straight teeth were shown every time she would laugh at small things.

Well, Keisha had to leave the hotel after a couple days because her vacations were over.

She sits on the cushion-textured couch, her inferior body sinking slightly at the touch of it. She parts her arms and places each of them on her sides and looks around.

It only took a couple of seconds for her to start thinking what to do, she looks beside her, expecting to see a big leather covered book that she always keeps under her arm but instead, Aurora sees a green pillow.

Cursing under her breath, the girl realises that she forgot her novel at the hotel room, and she didn't want to go back there, of course.

So instead, she simply gets up and walks towards the huge bookshelf, covered with historic stories and poems.

Aurora simply stares at the massive shelf for a second before randomly dragging her finger along the spine of the books and picking out one without even looking at the title.

Her hair swishes slightly as she turned around, with the book she chose under her arm, determined to find anything to occupy herself.

She walks til the sofa and sits comfortably, with both legs on the arm of it, both dangling on the air.
Aurora grabs a pillow and places it on her back before grabbing her novel and reading the title.

The mafia: a history

What were the odds.
This was about to be interesting, she thought to herself while opening the book, immediately diving in its world.

-

Well, I wrote this chapter in 3rd person.. idk if I like it so lmk how I should write!

please.

word count: 2171

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 27.5K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
1.1M 25.1K 54
18+ "Did you fuck him"he said as he leaned against the wall and stomped out his cigarette. "I sure did "I said lying through my teeth just to get a r...
151K 2.4K 43
๐Ÿšง UNDER CONSTRUCTION ๐Ÿšง ใ€คIn editing process, first book, revamping in progressใ€ค โ ๐ฟ๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐‘€๐’ถ๐’น๐‘’ ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’Ÿ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‡ ๐ผ๐“ƒ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š ๐ฟ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“€ ๐ฟ๐’พ๐“€...
2M 53.2K 69
"It's funny that you are saying this because if one of us is jealous, then it's you. Or did you forget that you just pushed the man I was dancing wit...