The Other Side (Whitty x Ruv)

By NotAquard

Ruv, a criminal (along with his childhood friend Sarv), and Whitty, a hot-tempered human bomb, collide after... More

Intro
Prologue
1 - A Road of Trouble
2- Hex and Carol
3 - The Final Decision
4 - Misinterpreted
5 - Ruv's Identity
6 - Accepted?
Hi, tysm! :D
7 - Agoti and Tabi
8 - Sarv's Confession
9 - Time Apart
10 - Renewed
11 - No More Waiting
12 - No More Hiding
14 - Not Alone Pt. 2
15 - Another Side
Mistletoe - A Christmas Special
16 - Triple Date
17 - Hearts and Strings
17.5 - 3, 2, 1, Go!

13 - Not Alone

550 14 28
By NotAquard

The sun peered through the horizon, it's blinding light streaking through the windowsill. Ruv was the first in the apartment to rise. Blocking the light with his arm, he wriggled free from Whitty's grasp and got ready.

I'll be here in half an hour. He texts on his phone to a certain person.

After brushing his teeth, showering, and making coffee, Ruv proceeded to wake up his friends. He used his voice to wake up Whitty and Hex and rapped on Sarv and Carol's room.

I guess they sleep together now, huh, Ruv thought.

Everyone stirred and noticed the dishes that were prepared on the kitchen island. "Ooh! Ruv's got energy today!" Sarv squealed, genuinely enjoying Ruv's cooking.

"You're welcome, guys. You'll need it." Ruv simply responded.

"Time to dig in!" Whitty said, eager to try Ruv's food.

Whitty considered himself to be a salty-over-sweet kind of guy, so he enjoyed the side of bacon of eggs. Although this was already considerably good, it was the french toast topped with powdered sugar that instantly blew him away. The sugar, along with the freshly made toast, melted in his mouth. He quickly ate the rest, asking for seconds.

"I didn't know you could cook so well! Is this an original recipe?" He was dying to know Ruv's secret to making food. Whitty never attempted cooking because it usually ends up with the kitchen being a mess or him exploding.

"I suppose you could say that. I learned many things out there." His boyfriend said.

"No matter what you've done in the past, I'm very proud of you. I wish I could make breakfast like you." He leaned over and pecked Ruv on the cheek.

"Yeah, yeah." The Russian gave Whitty a slight smile.

"Okay, we don't have much time. You all have to be ready to go in 15 minutes. The plan will need preparation and time in order for it to initiate." He added afterwards.

They all nodded and hurried their morning routines. Hex was chilling on the couch, energy practically radiating off his metal body.

"I'm so hyped for Attack on Angel!" Hex exclaimed, twirling a basketball.

"Attack on Angel? How do you even know her name?" Ruv gave Hex a quizzical look.

"Uh, I'm a robot?" Hex smiled innocently.

Ruv dropped his question and sat next to Hex to wait for the rest of the party.

15 minutes later, everyone was in the SUV Carol owned, prepared to face Ruv's enemies.

"One quick stop before we prepare. I'll explain what we'll do in full detail during the car ride." Ruv said, giving Carol the address to Boyfriend and Girlfriend's house.

"No need, I'm friends with Girlfriend!" Carol said.

"Oh. Alright, then." Ruv moved away and fastened his seatbelt. The others did the same. The gang could end up being ambushed or injured in some way.

"Let's turn up some music, yeah?" Carol pressed play on the screen and some famous songs can be heard.

"Woah, is that A.G.O.T.I?" Whitty exclaimed.

"Huh, it did sound familiar!" Hex chimed in.

"Agoti?" Ruv asked.

"Yup, that's him and Boyfriend."

"Didn't know he was this popular."

. . .

When a few minutes of comfortable silence from the party passed, Ruv was ready to tell his comrades the plan.

"So, I've finally finalized the plan. First thing: you guys make sure you're not seen. If there's guards at the posts, take them out as quickly as possible." Ruv says.

"Heh. won't be a problem, captain!" Whitty exclaims, saluting to the Russian.

"Don't ever call me that."

"Whatever you say, love."

"Second thing: I sneak into the base while everyone else is busy. I'll confront Angel, and Whitty, you can be the lookout in case something goes wrong."

"What about Boyfriend and Girlfriend?" Carol asks.

"I've assigned them a specific role. They'll be handy when I fight this bitch."

"I suggest we don't go looking for them, Carol." Sarv says, seeing the worried gaze her partner had. "Ruv knows what he's doing, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks, Sarv." Carol smiled at her.

"You'll know we're fighting when you feel the ground shaking." Ruv cracked his knuckles.

Whitty looked at him, his hands gripping his knees. I hope the plan works...

. . .

"Boop bop de beep!" Boyfriend greets everyone. Girlfriend notices the noise and waves to the party from the kitchen.

"Making a snack before we go?" Carol walked in and went to her friend.

"You know me too well." The latter giggled.

"Ooh, I'll help!" Hex chimes in. Girlfriend gives him space so the three can quickly finish making the snacks.

"Bep doo?" Boyfriend looks up at Ruv.

"Of course. Are you?" Ruv responds.

Boyfriend gives him an energetic nod and reaches his fist out to give his ally a fist-bump. Ruv gives him one, sighing. Whitty and Sarv laugh.

"Beep bop!"

"Haha, I can tell." Sarv walks over to the couch and sits down with one leg over the other.

Ruv follows and gets out a piece of paper. "If I guessed correctly, this is what the base layout should be like."

Boyfriend analyzes the "battlefield" he and Ruv would be using at this place upon the paper. Whitty hummed and rested his chin on Ruv's head.

Ruv calls everyone to gather around as soon as the food was finished and prepared for the ride.

"I'll be going inside from the back, the most hidden part of the base. Carol, Sarv, and Hex; you all will approach the front and take out anyone that blocks your path. Whitty, follow behind me for backup. Boyfriend, Girlfriend, you know where you're hiding, right?"

The couple gave a reassuring nod.

"Don't worry, we've got this!" Girlfriend exclaims.

"Good."

. . .

After Carol parks the SUV in a hidden spot away from the streets, Ruv nimbly leaves, motioning the rest to come.

He pushes his back against a nearby, rusty fence to blend in with the shadows of the alleyway and trees.

"You three. Make sure to be stealthy and silent. Make your move." Ruv whispers, pointing at the entrance in the distance.

"Yes, boss!" Hex whispers loudly, speedily making his way there.

"H-hey! Slow down!" Sarv quietly says, even though she knew her warning wouldn't be heard. Somehow, Hex was able to avoid being seen.

When Carol and Sarv catched up, they saw three gang members at the entrance.

"Perfect. One for each of us." Carol said. Sarv smiled evily. "This is going to be very fun."

Whitty's Point Of View

Meanwhile, Ruv motions me and the others to stop at the edge of the fence with his hand.

"Watch my every move."

Ruv skillfully jumps and rolls over to the other side, where the gang's base was.

So agile...shit, I have to catch up! I snapped myself from my thoughts and tried to mimic Ruv.

"Ow, my neck-!"

"Shut up. You're fine."

Ruv silences me with his hand. They felt rough and worn.

I turned back around to check up on Boyfriend and Girlfriend, but they vanished from my sight.

Well, at least there are some perks to being short. Their silence is more deadly than their songs.

"Stay back. Attack if anything goes wrong." Ruv tells me.

"How will I know?"

"If you hear one person beating the shit out of someone. Or worse, me screaming."

I shivered. Ruv screaming? We've heard mine, but his? I'm nervous.

Ruv dashed away without saying goodbye, and I was left to watch what will happen next.

Ruv's Point Of View

I successfully made it to the back door. Fortunately, nobody was guarding this area. I guess it was that top-secret, huh? At least for the common eye. Nothing gets past me.

I slowly entered the building. The lights were dimmed, and the area was surprisingly empty. The walls had some paperwork and maybe one or two weapons. They looked like they were cut through hundreds.

"This doesn't feel right..." I talk to myself. I felt anxiety demanding to be pushed out of my throat.

"It sure doesn't." A voice came from behind me.

WHITTY!? was my first thought. No, it's a female voice-

I got knocked out, and my eyes opened to a woman standing before me. I was in a different part of the base, most likely underground. I was upright, but my hands and legs were bound. I gave Angel a cold, hard gaze. That grave of hers is only a few minutes away.

"Long time no see, Ruvyzvat."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 484 27
Hex was walking around the city looking for a basketball court but instead he found a bomb called Whitty and a girl called carol, he's only known the...
244 6 10
First published - August/3/2023 When Sarv dies in a church fire, it leaves Ruvyzvat alone in the streets in mournful anguish. Luckily, he meets up w...
1.2K 57 20
First published - Oct 2021 Ruv, and Tabi become close friends but because of a specific incident that had happened a while back, they have to keep th...
4.8K 125 28
What happens when a runaway criminal stumbles upon a mysterious unnamed Church with a lovely nun? Things would become chaotic for the two of them but...