Villainess! Your Father Wants...

By VitoDeCeniza

"If Heaven will give me a chance, I will take your hands and run away with you" Those were the last words tha... More

Villainess! Your Father Wants to Marry Me!
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Drastic Change
Chapter 2: Maria Eleonor
Chapter 3: White-Haired Daddy?!
Chapter 4: Happily Never After
Chapter 5: The Lost Heir
Chapter 6: Temporary Departure
Chapter 7: Sending Maria Off
Chapter 8: Master Of Merchants
Chapter 9: Chavez Household
Chapter 10: Gabriella's Cookies
Chapter 11: Children Of Antonio
Chapter 12: Hermanos Velasquez
Chapter 13: Ancient Artifact
Chapter 14: Family Dinner
Chapter 15: Misunderstanding
Chapter 16: The Invitation
Chapter 17: The Black Carriage
Chapter 18: A Wicked Witch
Chapter 19: I Never Loved Her
Chapter 20: The Sly Selena
Chapter 21: Family Meeting
Chapter 22: Don't Marry!
Chapter 23: I'm here, Let's Eat
Chapter 24: The Dragon's Letter
Chapter 25: PAK! PAK!
Chapter 26: Star Cookies
Chapter 27: Deepest Regret
Chapter 28: Crown Prince
Chapter 29: His Fiancée
Chapter 30: Childhood Song
Chapter 31: Unspoken Event
Chapter 32: Mana Storm
Chapter 33: Falling Lucius
Chapter 34: Mama
Chapter 35: Another Headache
Chapter 36: He and The Witch
Chapter 37: A Mission
Chapter 38: Who Is That?!
Chapter 39: The Banquet
Chapter 40: Dragon's Cub
Chapter 41: Eyes Of Resentment
Chapter 43: Yohan's Reward
Chapter 44: Reminiscence
Chapter 45: Say it If You Can
Chapter 46: Don't Mess With Me
Chapter 47: The Prisoner
Chapter 48: Lulu Is Doomed!
Chapter 49: Tyrant's Return
Chapter 50: Ahead To The Title!
Chapter 51: Villainess Of Chavez
Chapter 52: The Cold Duke
Chapter 54: Treason

Chapter 42: The Great Lucius

5.9K 335 42
By VitoDeCeniza

"So what do you want to talk about the Previous King, Leonardo?"

I asked Leonardo after getting back my composure.

"I investigated the reason for the crack in the 'Mystical Forest'," Leonardo answered calmly. "First, I would like to tell you that the main reason for the crack is because of the Mana storm that happened days ago."

"And secondly?" I asked.

Leonardo closed his eyes before doing the habit of fixing his eyeglasses. 

"Secondly, the reason for this phenomenon might be connected to the family of Velasquez," Leonardo hinted at me. "To be precise, connected to your guest whose name is 'Lucius'."

Lucius?

I've heard it somewhere.

When the so-called mana storm arrived in the kingdom of Ibanez. Father discussed to us that the cause of the mana storm is a 'powerful being'. He also told us that the powerful being will be the guest in our manor.

That powerful being is named 'Lucius'.

 I didn't know anything other than that, my bratty brother kicked me out before I could ask anything.

"What about him? Father told me that he'll be our guest, but I've never seen a man whose name is Lucius. If we had a guest like that, my brother would probably tell me," I responded. 

"That's unfortunate," Leonardo sighs. "I wanted to ask him a question."

"What question do you want to ask him?" I asked. "And why did Lucius cause a 'Mana Storm' that created a crack in the barrier of  'Mystical Forest'? Is he connected to the Previous King?"

"My, my, don't tell me you didn't know 'Lucius'?" Leonardo asked. "Well, considering that you ran away from your home when you were younger, I can understand that. Besides, Lucius is one of the hidden secrets of your family."

THUG!

A red strike of lightning suddenly went across the sky, I almost went out of my seat when that lightning was instantly followed by loud thunder.

There was no sign of rain, but that lightning strike was enough to scare me off.

However, it seems like Leonardo wasn't bothered by that lightning. Instead, the master of merchants smiled happily at me before motioning his hands. 

"According to the information that Selena gathered in your manor. Lucius is the owner of the most important heirloom of the Velasquez family," Leonardo shook his head before clasping his hands."I heard that the heirloom is the most important thing for Lucius."

"Does it rings a bell?" Leonardo asked playfully.

I gulped when I recalled a memory of my younger self stealing the most precious heirloom of our family. 

"That..." I barely uttered.

"That's right, it was the medallion that you stole 17 years ago." Leonardo smiled slyly at me. "I heard that heirloom is very important to Lucius. He'll kill for it." The Master of Merchant glanced at my face.

"You don't have to worry, you didn't do anything wrong to the 'Medallion' don't you?"

Didn't do anything wrong?

I unconsciously placed my hand on my mouth.

I mean--- I didn't break it, does it count?

THUG!

Another bolt of lightning went across the sky.

My face became pale when I recalled another memory. I couldn't help but to take a gulp when I remember a life-threatening memory that could probably be the reason for my death.

The Medallion that I threw like a rock...

Sometimes used as a hammer...

But usually used as a stand under my table...

The owner of that thing is a powerful being? 

And he'll kill for that heirloom? 

I mean-- The medallion is unbreakable! Even if I throw, use it as a hammer, and use it as a stand under my table, it won't even budge or have a crack! 

The owner of that thing won't kill me, won't he?

Maybe he won't find out?

Should I ready my apology letter and run away to live in the countryside? 

"Ahahaha, o-of course, I think I didn't do anything grave to the medallion," I laughed awkwardly as I motioned my hand. "By the way, other than being the owner of the medallion, can you tell me more about this powerful guy?"

A smile appeared on my face, hoping that Leonardo won't press the medallion thingy.

"You're hopeless Gabriella," Leonardo chuckled. "According to legends, Lucius is a child gifted with enormous mana. He was supposed to ascend to heaven and become an immortal with the help of the 'Golden Dragon'. However, Lucius declined the Dragon's help."

Leonardo paused when a continuous strike of red lighting and loud thunders dominated the skies as if a god is angered. 

I suddenly became worried because the weather might become bad and the banquet will be ruined.

Leonardo suddenly rose from his seat as if admiring the sight of the sky. "The Golden Dragon was angered because Lucius declined his proposal. In the end, the Golden Dragon cursed the promising child."

"I don't know the exact curse of Lucius, but it is connected to the medallion that became the heirloom of the Velasquez," Leonardo explained. "If Selena didn't ask for my favorite land, I would've gathered more information about Lucius.'

"Anyway, Lucius became the guardian of the Velasquez family, that's why if you see him, respect him."

A guardian...

Lucius, the Guardian of Velasquez family...

Respect? Duly noted!

But I wonder what Lucius looks like?

He should be handsome!

"Anyway, if you are telling me that Lucius is the guardian of our family, then why would he put a crack on the mystical forest?" I asked. "You haven't answered that question yet. Just be direct to the point."

"Impatient as usual," Leonardo mumbled.

I suddenly hugged myself when the wind started to blow stronger. It was so cold that I wanted to enter my room already.

"I heard that Lucius hated the Golden Dragon," Leonardo mumbled. "And the closest resemblance of the Golden Dragon by strength is the Previous King who ruled our kingdom in tyranny."

"What are you trying to imply?" I asked with wide eyes when I heard about that King.

"This is the result of my investigation that I wanted to identify," Leonardo paused. "Lucius went inside to the mystical forest to kill the Late king of Ibanez kingdom 17 years ago."

"What?" I mumbled. "Kill... the previous king?"

"Unfortunately, it looks like he failed that's why he broke the barrier of the mystical forest to escape." Leonardo glanced in my direction. "The result is actually questionable because Lucius is a powerful being. In this world, he might be the only person who could bestow death upon the Previous King."

I lowered my gaze when I realized what was Leonardo trying to say. If this Lucius is really powerful that the Golden Dragon wanted to help him ascend, then he is powerful enough to kill the Previous king.

Could it be that Leonardo wanted to use Lucius to kill the Previous King? What benefit would it give to this bastard master of merchants?

Killing the Previous king is not part of his business, I would understand it if Leonardo is a Royalty, but he is not. I know that the Previous King inflicted pain on his citizens, and Leonardo's family was one of them, but Leonardo is not a vengeful person.

Unless a Royalty asked him to find a way to exterminate the Previous King.

Information trade huh?

"Then why did Lucius fail?" I asked. "If he is powerful enough to kill the Previous King, then what caused him to fail?"

"Something probably happened. Lucius went to the mystical forest 17 years ago and then he lost his trace," Leonardo explained. "There are no signs that he fought against the Previous king in the mystical forest. That's why I wanted to ask Lucius myself."

"Someone might've interrupted his plan."

"And who is the stupid person who will interrupt him?" I asked.

"The person who stole his medallion?" Leonardo chuckled while staring at me. "Yes, it was probably you~."

COUGH! COUGH!

M-me?

"O-oi! What?!" I reacted. "D-did I really...?"

BLAGGG!

Leonardo and I glanced at the glass door of the veranda when we heard a loud sound. I became alert when someone opened the door in a barbaric manner.

My eyes went to the person who opened the door. I stand up from my seat when I immediately recognized the intruder of our conversation.

A small child with midnight black hair.

"Lulu?" I muttered.

My eyes darted to the unusual glowing gem on his forehead. I tilted my head in confusion. It's fascinating, I don't know if I am only hallucinating, but the child's eyes were glowing red. 

Lulu glanced at Leonardo.

"Mama," Lulu called me as he pointed his finger at Leonardo. "It seems like the uncle beside you is being too loud."

"Can you please silence him?"

Huh?

Eh?

What?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...