Chapter 32: Mana Storm

"Is that all?" Maria asked the woman who was sitting in front of her. A rumble of thunder echoed from outside. The woman who was sitting in front of Maria crossed her legs with a smirk on her lips. She slowly nodded her head. "You are not completely useless, let me send you the payment tomorrow."

"How cold," Selena uttered in a playful tone. A light reflected in her small beautiful face when lightning strike outside. Maria couldn't help but think that this woman is truly mysterious. "You didn't even praise me for giving you such useful information."

"Do you still even need that?" Maria asked coldly while staring at the bad weather brewing outside. "You don't need praises. The payment is more important to you," Maria stated using her coldest tone. "I don't know where Gabriella gets a fox-like you."

Selena twirled her crimson short hair. "Come on, we all know that I am loyal to Gabriella. What I wonder is why do you hate me that much?" Selena asked with a smirk. "Do you see me as a threat to your friendship? Was I not her second best friend and you are the first?"

Maria's eyes squinted at the woman. "I am not childish," Maria replied to her while caressing her stomach. "And you know that I don't hate you."

"Oh, I see. You hated the fact that I can see a bit of your past," Selena uttered with a smile. "But what can I do? This is my ability. This is also the reason why I can easily gather information. The reason why Gabriella found me."

Maria darted her cold eyes to the woman.

"It's not like I can see your whole previous life, but I can say that you are truly terrifying," Selena said meaningfully. Maria gritted her teeth while trying to calm herself. "Don't worry, I won't tell to her. Just like you, I have my very own secret," Selena said.

"Secret..."

"A secret that I won't tell her," Selena uttered. "Anyway, since you are too generous to give me such a large payment. I will give you a piece of bonus information," The short-haired woman rose from her seat. 

"Tell me," Maria told her.

"J'ai apprécié de la voir grandir avec vos conseils," Selena uttered. Maria stopped for a while when she heard a familiar language. It was one of the forgotten languages from the fallen Era of Ibanez. She doesn't know how to speak it but Maria is familiar with it. "The Duke told that to Gabriella," Selena added.

"What does it mean?" Maria asked.

"I enjoyed watching her grow under your guidance," Selena replied with a playful tone. 

"Do you want me to elaborate it to make it clearer?" Selena took out a teleportation scroll. When Selena noticed that Maria was a bit confused, a smile appeared on her lips. "That sentence is about you. Lady Maria."

Selena ripped the scroll in her hands. When she was about to disappear, Maria asked her a question. "Selena, how did you meet Gabriella?" Maria asked.

For the first time, Selena's expression became serious but soft. "I won't tell it to you," she said. Her body was starting to disappear, from toes to her head. "But I also met her when I am lost and wrecked."

Maria watched Selena disappear before her eyes.

Her face fell in her toes. "Lost and wrecked..." She uttered. "You are truly a mysterious girl."

A smile appeared on her lips as she went outside of her room. As she took a step forward, the lightning and thunder outside are becoming more fierce. Her expression was blank while going to her planned route.

Maria wanted to confront her father.

The whole manor is currently dark since it was about to be midnight. However, because of the brewing storm outside, the manor became darker and colder. It was a hot season, how could possibly a storm brew outside?