Chapter 15: Misunderstanding

Silence enveloped the room. I took a deep sighed as I continued to eat. Maybe I was a little straightforward? My brother's face was even dumbfounded, his looks were like telling me that I made a mistake.

This is the price of being a vulgar who curses with a merchant every day.

Damn it! 

This is why I sometimes hate my personality. Good thing that the servants were not here, or else my shamelessness would be the talk of this manor.

After I made myself calm, I took a glance at their dumb faces once more. "Pardon my actions" I calmly said. "I didn't mean to sound rude, but I'll explain it to the both of you"

From the dumbfounded face, My father's face became serious. He cleared his throat as he took the glass of water beside him to drink. "Was it the reason for your return?" He asked. 

I don't know if I am the only one who can feel it, but why did the atmosphere suddenly felt chilly?

I slowly nodded my head as my answer.

I noticed that my brother kept looking at me, his expressions were like 'I'm telling you, sister, you made a wrong move' but instead of bothering myself to make a response to him, I choose to ignore him.

"I see," My father replied. I suddenly felt intimidated when his aura suddenly shows authority. "The fact that you returned here because of this situation was a serious matter. Perhaps it was something connected to the higher families, Am I right?"

For him to connect the dots, Now I know where Gabriel inherited all of his intelligence.

"Yes father, you are right" I respond. 

"Which family?" Father asked.

"Huh?"

"I said which family, my lovely daughter?" I suddenly had a goosebumps when he said that. I don't know why, but his fist was clutching the glass on his hands tightly. "I am aching to know," he said.

What the... are you angry? I can tell it from your expression.

Do you hate the fact that your child had a bastard son? Don't worry! It's not like that! In fact, it was a great opportunity for us! If Gabriel will marry Maria, won't you have a better connection to the royal family?

Well, although the Duke would soon commit treason, I could stop that!

"Chavez..." I replied. I glanced at my brother before returning my gaze at my father. The shamelessness that I build a while ago suddenly vanished into thin air. What's with this chilly atmosphere?

However, I already started it so let's continue. "I already talked to the Duke about it"

"Duke...Evan?" Nico asked.

"Yes. Once we settled the problem in our family, we will talk about the marriage" I said. "So you don't have to worry about having a disgrace in your family, you only need to show us your support and in return, Gabriel will inherit your legacy, Father" I paused as I took a glance at Gabriel.

"You don't need to worry about Gabriel's capability. I am certain that he will be a capable successor, you just need to polish him a little" I continued to explain. "And about the duke..."

"Sister..." Gabriel suddenly replied. "That's enough"

"Huh?"

'Stop, you're making a misunderstanding' He mouthed to me.

What misunderstanding? My eyes glanced at the darkened face of our Father. Even Nico is dead silent. It's as if they heard the news that could stimulate their rage or something. Why the hell are they acting like that?

"Gabriella, Mi Hija" Father called my name. His face was now smiling, but for some reason, it really looked creepy. However, compared to his next words, that smiling face was not something controversial.

"That f*cking Duke..." Father said. I was so shocked to hear that from him! "Did he make you pregnant?"

I suddenly felt that my body stiffened. I almost choked from my own breath when my Father said it.

Preg...nant?

Eh?

EHH?

WHAT?

WHAT THE F*CK?

The spoon that I am holding fell from my hands. It's my turn to become dumbfounded, was it? "HAHAHAHA Father! You have quite an imagination, don't yah?" I asked him while trying to control my nerves.

The realization hit me so hard.

Can I slap my own father?

"I'm not PREGNANT!" I shouted.

"My Lady! My Lord! Manners please!" Nico warned us.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. "Damn it, I'm not pregnant" I calmly replied, although the words that I used were a bit vulgar. "What made you think like that? It was my brother who got someone pregnant!"

"My Lady, please your words!"

"Fine..." I said. "I'm not pregnant but Brother got someone pregnant"

"My son did?" Father asked me.

"Yeah, he did!"

"I did" Gabriel finally butted in. He took a deep sigh. "I never thought that this conversation would turn into a mess," He said. "To make it clear, I am already a married man and my wife is currently pregnant" 

"Perhaps..." Nico spoke "Maria Eleonor Chavez..."

"Yes, My wife is the daughter of the Duke" Gabriel replied with no hesitations. He looks proud while saying those words. "I presume, that you have grasped the idea of why my sister and I returned to this household" My brother paused.

"Continue," My father said.

"The Duke took my wife away, I have to complete his requirements to get my wife back" My brother intertwined both of his hands. "That is all that I have to say. I won't explain the further matter for today, However, why won't we continue to eat to calm my sister's nerves?"

"The Young Lord is Correct, My Lord" 

Father raised his hand. "Let me ask this one question," he said while glancing at Gabriel. "Duke Evan's daughter went missing five years ago, how did she become your wife?" That question made me silent.

Gabriel glanced at me. He knows that the answer is complicated. 

We can't just say that I asked her to run away with me, right?

"Regarding to that question" My little brother started to say. "My sister is the only person who could answer it. I'm afraid that if I say the wrong wrong words, her anger might befall to me" He said and then he shrugs his shoulders.

This rascal! Where's my considerate Little Brother?!

I tried to stop myself from hitting this little rascal. He's right anyway, I was the only one who could answer that question. "Maria Eleonor became my friend five years ago. I met her when I set my foot in the town of Ibanez"

"Town of Ibanez..." Father said. A bitter smile appears on his face. "A place that is only a few meters far from this place"

I ignored his sentence.

"Maria decided to run away with me to go to the countryside," I said. "That's when she met my Little brother"