Hey There, Delilah | Gilmore...

By Bluebell-Winter

Rory and her twin sister, Delilah, are as different as night and day, but they still manage to be close, desp... More

🅢🅔🅐🅢🅞🅝 ➊
🅖🅡🅐🅟🅗🅘🅒🅢
⓿➊: Hey There, Delilah
⓿➋: High School Never Ends
⓿➌: Smite Me, O' Mighty Smiter
⓿➍: Hanging On For Deer Life
⓿➎: The Fun in Funeral
⓿➏: The Parties' On
⓿➐: Sealed with a Kiss
⓿➑: All's Fair in Love and War and Snow
⓿➒: Out All Night Long
➊⓿: Forgive and Forget
➊➊: Paris is on Fire
➊➋: Tonight We Triple Date
➊➍: Curse You Donna Reed
➊➎: The Return of Christopher
➊➏: If Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow...
➊➐: Break Ups and Other Messy Things
➊➑: Trust Fund Baby
➊➒: We'll Be the White Rabbits
➋⓿: From the Bottom of My Heart
➋➊: Whole Legions of Daisies
🅢🅔🅐🅢🅞🅝 ➋
⓿➊: One of Us. One of Us.
⓿➋: Tacky Hammers
⓿➌: Just Dance
⓿➍: College Road Trip
⓿➎: Sid Was Abusive
⓿➏: A Coming Out Ball

➊➌: Be Careful With College Creeps

482 20 8
By Bluebell-Winter

The door to the bakery opened and Fran walked in the kitchen.

"Eli, it's your turn to use the cash register," Fran stated to the man.

Delilah was confused, "Why?"

"I can't stand Matt's mother," Fran said. "I hate the way she treats that poor boy. By the way, Lila, it's your turn to stock the display case."

Delilah took a tray of food and went to stock the display case.

The woman, Vanessa, seemed to smile at Delilah, "Hi, Delilah.

"Hi, Ms. Moor," Delilah muttered. It felt gross on how Ms. Moor could just go around being nice to everyone but her own son.

Elijah went to the cash register, but he seemed to freeze in his spot.

Delilah looked at her co-worker and her boyfriend's mother, who was staring in shock at Elijah.

Vanessa stared at the other man, "Elijah?"

Elijah's eyes were wide, "Mom?"

It honestly couldn't be true.

The door opened and Matt walked in. His good mood sort of went away when he saw his mother, but he became confused when he noticed the awkwardness.

"Mom, what's going on?" Matt asked.

"Oh, my god," Delilah said. This was like something out of a soap opera; like when a secret sibling just randomly crops up to add spice to a story-line.

Vanessa looked like a deer-in-headlights.

Matt looked confused and a little agitated, "What's going on?"

Delilah forced a smile, "Yes, Ms. Moor. What is going on?"

Vanessa looked between Elijah and Matt, then at the door. She heaved a sigh and forced a smile, "Matt, dear—" Matt cringed at the word, "—I should've told you a long time ago." She motioned to Elijah, who seemed pale. "This young man here, Elijah, is your half-brother. He was from a previous relationship."

Matt looked at his mother, then at Elijah, before turning and leaving.

Delilah didn't blame him. If this situation happened to her, she would say, 'Screw this, I'm out of here' too.

When Delilah walked in the house, Rory and Lane were sorting through clothes.

"Hey, where's Mom?" Delilah asked Rory.

"She's somewhere upstairs," Rory said. She picked up something purple. "A big furry purple thing that could be either: a hat, a toilet paper cover, or some kind of dirty hand puppet."

"Mystery box on the left," Lane said.

Rory put the furry thing in the mystery box.

Luke walked in, with two bags. He greeted, "Hey."

"Hi, Luke," Delilah greeted.

"Hey," replied Rory.

"Where do you want these?" asked Luke.

"What's in there?" Delilah asked.

"Clothes, rags, and some old pots and pans," Luke said, holding up the respective bag.

"Kitchenware goes in the kitchen and the clothes go right there," Delilah said.

"Okay," Luke said, putting the clothes down and going into the kitchen.

Lorelai walked down the stairs with some clothes, "Here, Grinch."

"Thank you," said Rory.

"Hey, Mom," Delilah started.

"What?" asked Lorelai. "Can we discuss this over cheese? Who wants cheese?"

"Are there crackers?" asked Rory.

Delilah felt annoyed at the situation.

"Somewhere in the state of Connecticut, yes, there are crackers," Lorelai said.

"And the Gilmore house?" asked Rory.

"Who wants cheese?" asked Lorelai.

Delilah took that as a 'no'.

"Me please," Lane said.

"What is it?" asked Lorelai as she went to the kitchen.

"There's this situation with Eli," Delilah started to say.

"Absolutely not," Lorelai said.

Delilah was confused, "What?"

"I'm putting my foot down on you dating Elijah." Lorelai started, "One, he's far too old for you."

"He's only twenty-two," Delilah said.

"He's far too old for you," Lorelai repeated. "Two, I feel like I shouldn't be allowing you to date two people at the same time who are also dating each other. Three, I think you dating a third person, who is far too old for you, would be a little to weird and I'm putting my foot down on that. So, no, I will not let you date Elijah. I don't trust a man who is into teenage girls."

Delilah stared blankly at her mother, "Okay, but that's not what I'm going to say. I was going to say that Matt and Eli are half-brothers."

Lorelai seemed very relieved, "Oh, that's great news, why didn't you say that from the start?"

Delilah didn't even know what to say until they got in the kitchen and Lorelai spotted Luke. "Ah! There's a man in my kitchen, somebody call the constable!"

Luke left the kitchen with Lorelai and Delilah following. He said, "Your mom's a fruit cake."

"Fruit cakes by the door please," Lorelai said.

"Good bye Rory and Lila. I wish luck—" Luke looked at Lorelai, before continuing, "with everything."

"We appreciate that," Rory said. Luke left.

"Okay, so rummage sale's Sunday, today is Tuesday. At this rate we are going to be sleeping in the yard by Thursday," Lorelai explained, tossing a slice of sandwich cheese to Lane. "We have got to start getting some of this stuff out of the living room."

Taylor walked in, "Hello?"

"Go away," Lorelai said.

"I have a full set of dishes," said Taylor.

"The dishes go in the kitchen," Delilah said.

"Okay, but I have to explain something first," said Taylor.

"Are Eli and Matt really half-brothers?" Rory whispered to Delilah while the two adults talked briefly before Taylor took off to the kitchen.

Delilah nodded and watched as Lorelai looked through some bags, before taking out a sweater, "Ooh, that's nice."

"Put that back," said Rory.

"But it has rhinestones on it," replied Lorelai.

"The point of this is to get crap out of here, not to trade it in for new crap," Rory explained.

"Okay, but are you seeing this?" asked Lorelai.

"Yes, I am," said Rory.

"It's actually kind of ugly," Delilah chimed in.

"I can make it look better because it has 'Lorelai' written all over it," replied Lorelai.

"Fine, we'll just get rid of it at next year's sale," Rory grumbled.

"Thank you," said Lorelai.

Sookie walked in, "Okay, you guys are gonna love me." She took off her overcoat.

"We already love you," said Lorelai.

"No, I mean you're really gonna love me," Sookie said.

"We do," said Lorelai.

"Trust me, you guys are gonna so love me," Sookie said.

"Okay, the love is starting to fade now, Sookie," said Lorelai.

Sookie held something in her hand, "I have here in my hand, as requested by Ms. Lorelai Gilmore, five fabulous tickets to the Bangles at the Pastorella Theater on Saturday!"

"What?" asked Lorelai.

"No?" said Rory as Sookie passed her the tickets.

Delilah went to look at the tickets that Rory was holding.

"Do you love me?" asked Sookie.

"Oh, baby, do I!" said Lorelai.

"Are these good seats? These look like good seats," asked Lane, looking at some tickets.

"Ninth row, aisle," said Sookie.

"I can't believe you got me my tickets! Well, how did you score these?" asked Lorelai.

"Remember the Birnbaum wedding?" asked Sookie.

"Fiji Fantasy?" clarified Lorelai.

"Yes." Sookie explained, "They were so thrilled with the volcano wedding cake that they wanted to do something nice for me and since Mr. Birnbaum runs a ticket agency, and I knew you were dying to go, so I asked if he could..."

"Make five girls very happy," finished Lorelai.

"Yeah and he did!" exclaimed Sookie.

"Huzzah for the Birnbaums!" cheered Lorelai.

Rory started, "Hey, Sookie, if you got five tickets and you and mom go, then that means..."

"Hmm, one for you, one for Lila, and one for Lane!" Sookie clarified. Lane hugged Sookie, "Oh, chickadee!"

"This is gonna be a very special night," said Lorelai. "And you know what a very, very special night deserves?"

"A night out?" asked Delilah.

Lorelai took out a hot pink dress, "A new outfit!"

"Mom," said Rory.

"Yes," said Lorelai.

"No," said Rory.

Lorelai asked, "What could the problem be?"

"That dress is uglier than the rhinestone sweater," Delilah said.

Rory nodded, "This is the tackiest thing I have ever seen."

"That's something a washed-up has-been prom queen would wear," Delilah added.

Matt still seemed a little off the next day, not that Delilah blamed him. He just had this bombshell dropped on him.

Samantha asked him, "How are you feeling?"

"I don't know," Matt said. "I just found out that I have a half-brother." He looked at Delilah, "Did you know?"

Delilah was alarmed, "No. I didn't. All I know was that he was traveling and wanted a job to make extra cash. I guess he decided to stay longer than he intended. He's an only child. Or he was an only child and he wanted a sibling."

"I don't know," Matt said. "I don't even know him."

"Well, you can get to know him over at Luke's," Samantha said.

Matt grimaced.

"He's a very nice guy. A little weird, but he's nice," Delilah said.

Samantha shrugged.

"I don't know," Matt said. "What would we even talk about?"

Delilah shrugged, "I don't know." They lapsed into a silence and Delilah chuckled.

"What?" asked Samantha.

"I was going to tell my mom about Matt and Eli being half-brothers, but she assumed that I wanted to date Eli," Delilah explained.

Samantha looked horrified, "But...he's like ten years older than you."

"He's actually twenty-two," Matt said, "If my mom is being honest."

"She is," Delilah replied. "She took off on him when he was six."

"Great," replied Samantha, with a smile. "She proved herself to be a dead-beat mom."

"Which we always knew she was," Delilah said.

Matt smiled, "I don't know. I mean, you know him better than I do."

"That's why you should get to know him." Samantha said, "Bond over your dead-beat mother."

Matt chuckled, "I'm still not entirely sure."

"Give it some time to think about," Delilah said.

Matt nodded, "Thank you."

Delilah walked in Luke's where Rory and Lorelai were at.

Lorelai was wearing a black and brown polka-dotted cowboy hat, along with that god-awful rhinestone sweater. Delilah grimaced.

"What are you wearing?" asked Rory.

"Hey, we have already argued about the sweatshirt," said Lorelai.

"You're a walking fashion disaster," Delilah said.

"Hey," Lorelai said. She looked at Rory.

"We did not argue about the hat," Rory said.

"What hat?" asked Lorelai.

"The ugly hat on your head," Delilah said.

"Yeah, Annie Oakley," Rory added.

"It's great, isn't it?" asked Lorelai.

"No," replied Delilah.

"You're single handedly trying to rebuild the bridge, you have got to stop buying up other people's junk," Rory said.

"The money goes to charity," said Lorelai. "I look cute. Case closed, Lila." Luke went to the counter. "Oh, finally, the coffee cavalry arrives."

"What the hell do you think you're wearing?" demanded Luke.

"A hat," replied Lorelai.

"Take that off," ordered Luke.

"What?" asked Lorelai.

"Yes, get rid of that ugly hat," Delilah said.

"Not the hat, that sweatshirt," said Luke.

"Luke calm down," said Lorelai.

"That is not yours," Luke snapped.

"No, I found it in the bags of stuff for the sale," Lorelai replied.

"Oh, so you just find something and then you take it, is that it?" asked Luke.

Rory and Delilah looked at each other. Delilah had never seen Luke get so angry before.

"No, I paid for it," said Lorelai, sounding confused.

"Oh, so that makes it all right?" asked Luke.

"It makes it legal," replied Lorelai. "What is the matter with you?"

"Nothing," replied Luke. "Nothing is the matter."

Lorelai started, "Luke..."

"Pour your own coffee," Luke said, putting down the coffee pot and left into the kitchen.

It left the Gilmore twins and Lorelai in shock.

"Maybe...maybe he didn't mean to leave it in the rummage sale," Rory started.

Delilah shrugged, feeling to be a little in shock over what had happened.

By Saturday, the living room was overfull of stuff that Delilah couldn't even see furniture.

"Jeez, this stuff is like Tribbles," said Rory, coming into the living room.

"Oh, thank god – just in time," said Lorelai. "Grab some bags and move it to the side of the room and be very careful, this pile just tried to eat Sookie."

"Maybe I should sic it on Paris when she gets here," Rory joked.

Delilah wasn't entirely sure how to feel about her sister's tormentor coming over. It was like Paris was invading their sanctuary.

Lorelai said, "Oh, my God, that's right. You're studying here today."

"Any minute actually," said Rory.

"Oh, this place is such a pit," said Lorelai.

"Mom, don't worry about it," said Rory. "They'll come in, they'll make a face, they'll say something snotty, we'll study, they'll leave. I'm just looking forward to this whole day being over, then I can concentrate on the concert."

"Yeah," said Lorela, grinning.

Patty walked in, "Lorelai, sweetheart, would come outside please? I want to know where you want me to put these."

"Coming, Patty!" called Lorelai.

Sookie held up two porcelain squirrels, "Okay, two very large porcelain squirrels."

"Set them free," replied Lorelai.

"Will do," said Sookie.

Delilah moved some bags aside when the phone rang. "Rory, can you get that?"

"Sure," said Rory, going to answer the phone. She answered it and Delilah went upstairs to get some things that she needed to donate, before coming back down with a box.

"Yeah, you too, bye," said Rory, hanging up. "That was Lane."

It seemed like she was trying to talk to both Lorelai and Delilah at the same time.

"Oh, and what's the verdict?" asked Lorelai.

"She decided to be stupid and tell her mother the truth – that she wanted to go to a rock concert with us tonight in New York," explained Rory.

"Hey, I didn't want to have to lie to her mother," Lorelai replied.

"Still stupid," Rory grumbled.

"I'm so sorry," said Lorelai.

"I'm making coffee," said Rory, taking off to the kitchen.

"Well, this looks really familiar," said Patty, looking at the sweatshirt that Lorelai bought.

"Oh, that's mine," said Lorelai. "Uh, I saw it first and then I bought it, so it's mine now."

"Really?" Patty asked, "Who brought it in?"

"I think Luke did and judging by his very hostile reaction, he obviously wasn't done wearing it yet," said Lorelai.

Patty started, "Oh my, I wonder if—"

"What?" asked Lorelai.

Patty spoke to Sookie, "I bet this was Rachel's."

Who the hell is Rachel? Delilah wondered.

"Oh my god – Rachel's?" asked Sookie.

"Rachel? Who's Rachel?" asked Lorelai.

"Rachel was Luke's very serious girlfriend," said Sookie. "It does look like her."

"Question," said Delilah. "When was Luke dating?"

"Yeah, when did he have a girlfriend?" asked Lorelai.

"Oh, this must have been what? Five, six years ago?" Patty asked. "Did she break that man's heart, it was terrible."

"How did I not know about this?" asked Lorelai.

Delilah nodded in agreement. Yeah, how did they not know?

"Honey, you had two eleven-year-old kids and you were just moving into this house. Plus Rachel traveled all the time. She was a photographer," Sookie explained.

"Archeologist," Patty corrected.

"Really?" asked Sookie.

"Or a flight attendant," Patty added.

"I can't believe I never even heard about it," Lorelai added.

"At least I think so," Patty said.

"Well, Luke never talks about it. No one else likes to talk about it because he could probably kill you with that coffee pot if he wanted to," said Sookie.

"I never pictured Luke having a girlfriend, or a broken heart," said Lorelai.

"Well, I would keep this hidden if I were you. Well, I gotta be going. Trampoline class at two," Patty said.

"Bye Patty," said Sookie.

"Bye, thanks for the drums," said Lorelai.

"Okay, these all need to be mended," said Sookie holding up some clothes.

"My room," said Lorelai.

Sookie hummed, "Okay." She went upstairs.

Lorelai went to look out the window. She made a sound, "Rory, I think your friends are here!" Rory came out of the kitchen and looked out the window too. "She must be one great babysitter to earn enough money for that car."

Rory said, "Let's just get this over with."

"Take heart, my dear. Suffer today, party tonight," Lorelai replied. She went to open the front door. "Hi."

"Hi," replied one girl.

"Hi," replied the other.

"Come on in," said Lorelai, waving them in.

"So did you guys find it okay?" asked Rory.

"There's no sign on this street," said Paris. At least Delilah was sure that the girl was Paris.

"I know, that's why I told you turn right at the big rooster statue," said Rory.

"I thought you were kidding," said Paris.

"I know how it sounds, but Monty is not a joke," Delilah said.

The three rich girls looked at her.

"Yeah, we never kid about Monty," said Lorelai.

"Monty?" one girl asked.

"Monty the rooster," said Lorelai. "Monty."

"Oh," replied that one girl.

"Everybody this is my mom," said Rory.

"Lorelai," the woman said.

"And that's my twin sister, Delilah," Rory added.

"Hi," Delilah said.

"This is Louise, Madeline, and Paris," said Rory, pointing to the respective girls.

"Ah, very good girl-group names. Okay, so, um sorry about the house of horrors here. Some crazy lady volunteered to lead this charity thins, and we're trying to get her some help, so make yourselves comfortable," said Lorelai. "Rory, just yell when you guys want pizza."

"Okay," said Rory.

"Okay," Lorelai replied. "Lila, when are you supposed to go to work?"

"Marjorie came back and Fran gave me the day off to help out with the rummage sale," Delilah said.

"Okay," said Lorelai, going upstairs.

"So, do you guys want to work in here or in the kitchen?" asked Rory.

"Whatever," said Paris.

"Okay," replied Rory. They went to sit in the living room, setting their things down.

"Okay, so here's how it should go. Madeline will do the introductions, I'll handle the debate, Rory will do the conclusion, and Louise will take questions," Paris said.

"Why do you automatically get to handle the debate?" asked Rory.

"Because I'm the most experienced at it," said Paris.

"Trust me; you want her to handle the debate. She never gives up," Madeline said.

Delilah glanced at Paris. Yeah, she seems like the type to never give up.

"Le pitbull," said Louise

"Okay," said Rory.

"So what is all this stuff?" asked Louise, going through some bags.

Delilah was sure that her mother had explained it. "It's for the town rummage sale. It's a charity thing."

"Yeah, there's this old bridge that's completely falling apart and the town's trying to save it," explained Rory.

Louise found a top hat, "Oh, cool hat."

"Put that down. It's used," said Paris.

"Vintage dear," said Louise, trying it on.

"Filthy darling," Paris replied.

Louise looked at the hat.

"I think that's been barely worn," Delilah said.

"There's this great store under my therapist's office, who has the best vintage clothes. I found an original Pucci top for practically nothing," Madeline said, looking at an article of clothing.

"Oh, Pucci is very big right now," said Louise, still looking through the bags.

Madeline held up a shirt, "Is this a Pucci?"

"No, that's a Patty," said Rory.

Louse sounded confused, "A Patty?"

"Miss Patty. She's a dance teacher here," explained Rory.

"You're looking through some of her old costumes," Delilah said.

"Oh, here, Paris," said Louise, holding up a pink sequence dress. "Tristan might like this."

"You still like that ass-face?" asked Delilah in alarm.

"Can we just work please?" asked Paris.

"Ugh," said Louise. "I would love to have a boyfriend that looked like Tristan." She moved a box aside so she can sit on the couch.

Madeline was messing with some clothes, "Your boyfriend's no slouch either."

"No, he's not," said Rory.

"Oh, yes – six-foot-two and feisty. So, how's that going? Are you two still 'Joanie loves Chachi'?" asked Louise.

"God, I hope not," said Rory.

"You are still together, aren't you?" asked Madeline.

"They're still together," Delilah said.

"How long has it been?" asked Louise.

"I don't know," said Rory.

"About a month for them," Delilah said.

"Oh, lifers," Louise cooed.

Rory started, "How long were you, Matt, and—"

"Hey!" snapped Paris.

"Jeez," Madeline said.

"We have a debate to organize here and this conversation is quickly veering towards the subject of French kissing and glitter eye shadow – trashy or trendy? And I for one have no intention of being humiliated in front of the whole class because we were forced to study in the middle of a carnival and you two couldn't keep your eye on the prize! I want to win and I'm going to win," Paris snapped.

Delilah felt awkward.

"So, how good of a kisser is Paul Bunyan anyway?" asked Louise.

Louise, Madeline, and Rory giggled.

Delilah left the Chilton four to their studying, still trying to organize boxes and bags that some townspeople brought over.

It was fine, until Matt came by bearing a box of chocolate for her, which apparently was bought by Samantha.

"I think I'll try talking to Eli," Matt said. He looked over in the living room at the four girls. "What's going in there?"

"They're studying for a debate," Delilah said

"Oh," said Matt. "Do you need any help?"

"I do need to move some things over and I need some help," Delilah said.

"I guess I could help," Matt said.

Delilah set the chocolates aside and they went to move some things aside. It would've been fine, until Louise noticed Matt and said, "Hey, how tall are you?"

Delilah held back a laugh.

"Five-foot-eight," Matt said.

"That's a little short," Louise said.

"The average height for men is five-foot-six," Paris said.

"Matt's perfect height for you, Lila," Rory joked to Delilah.

Delilah gave her an annoyed look, "Harsh, but true."

"Moving on," Paris said.

The four studied some more while Delilah and Matt moved things around.

It was going fine, until Matt decided to jokingly stick his hands up her shirt, going nowhere near her breasts, but still causing her to squeal in surprise. Maybe he was happy...or horny, even though he came from Samantha's house.

"Hey, Matt," Rory said, "My mom's home. I suggest you get your hands out of my sister's shirt before she bans you from our house 'til Lila turns eighteen or eighty."

The other three Chilton students turned to look. Matt very quickly removed his hands and Delilah felt very embarrassed by what Matt did.

"Yeah, I probably should get going. I did want to talk to Eli," Matt said.

"I think you should," Rory said.

Matt kissed Delilah before he took off. The other three Chilton students stared at Delilah.

"Sorry about that. I don't know why he did that. He never did that before," Delilah explained. Rory arched an eyebrow, "In front of others."

"How long have you two been dating?" Madeline asked.

"Since October," Delilah said.

"Wow," said Madeline. "That's impressive."

"You were together for like four months and you're that intimate with each other?" asked Louise.

Delilah looked at Rory, who arched an eyebrow again. Delilah looked at Louise, "Oh, we've known each other since the seventh grade. I know it's a little fast, but it just happened." They stared at her. "We slept together on my and Rory's sixteenth birthday."

"Is he good in bed?" asked Louise.

Delilah nodded and got the box of chocolates. She sat down next to Rory, "But he's the first guy I ever slept with, so I really can't compare."

"Focus," Paris ordered. "We'll need the actual quotes so learn them by heart."

Madeline asked, "What about using note cards?"

"Note cards look sloppy," said Paris. "We will know our information."

Without looking, Rory grabbed a chocolate.

Delilah was surprised, "Hey."

"That's sweet," said Louise. "I want a boyfriend who gives me chocolates."

"Actually, these are from my and Matt's girlfriend," Delilah said.

"I'm sorry, I thought you said 'girlfriend'," Madeline said.

"You heard right," Delilah said. "Matt and I are in a triad relationship with another girl. We've got together on my birthday." They stared, "It was a threesome."

"Is your mom okay with that?" asked Louise.

"Yeah," said Rory.

Sookie came down the stairs. "Bye girls, Rory, Lila, see you tonight."

"Bye, Sookie," Rory and Delilah said in unison.

"What's tonight?" Louise asked.

"We've got tickets to see the Bangles at the Pastorella Theater," said Rory.

"In New York?" asked Madeline.

"Yeah," said Rory.

"Sounds potentially not boring," replied Louise.

"It's gonna be great actually, and the seats are amazing," said Rory.

"Who are you going with?" asked Madeline.

"My mom, Lila, and Sookie," said Rory.

"You're kidding," replied Louise.

Delilah asked, "Why would she be kidding?"

"You're going to a concert with your mom?" Louise asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we?" asked Delilah.

"I cannot imagine doing anything like that with my mom," Madeline said.

"We do stuff together all the time," replied Delilah.

"Really?" asked Madeline.

Rory nodded, "Yeah."

"Wow," said Madeline.

"Hey, how old is your mom anyways?" asked Louise.

"Thirty-two," said Rory.

"Young," Madeline said.

"So that means she had you when she was..." said Louise.

"Sixteen," said Paris. "She had them when she was sixteen. We've done the math, can we just 'ooh' and 'aah' about this quickly and get back to work?"

"Sixteen," said Louise. "I'm sixteen."

Madeline said, "So am I."

"We're all sixteen okay," said Paris. "Everybody in this room is sixteen."

"Paris is right," said Rory. "We should work."

"Thank you," said Paris.

"I can't imagine having a baby at sixteen," said Louise. "Let alone twins."

"Well, then keep your knees shut," Paris said.

"Very nice," said Louise.

"Do you think your mom is sorry she got pregnant so young?" asked Madeline.

"Of course she is," said Paris.

"Why thank you," Rory said, offended. Delilah felt offended as well.

"I didn't mean that," said Paris. "I just mean that..."

Rory said, "I mean, I don't think she would recommend it, but I think she's happy with how things turned out."

"I am?" Lorelai said.

"Yes, you are," said Rory.

"Okay, just checking," said Lorelai. She looked at what Delilah had, "What are those?"

"Chocolates from Samantha," Delilah said. "Matt brought them over."

"Ooh," said Lorelai. She took a few chocolates. "Hey, I'm starving. Is it pizza time yet?"

"Are you guys hungry?" asked Rory.

"I am," said Madeline.

"I can't eat dairy," Paris said.

"Okay, one with cheese, one without," said Lorelai. "Cokes?"

"Yes, please," said Rory.

"Yeah," Delilah said.

"Me too," said Madeline.

Lorelai took off to the kitchen.

Paris sighed, "We're never going to finish."

"I find your mother completely fascinating," said Louise.

"She finds herself fascinating as well," Delilah stated.

"It's almost more like having a big sister," Louise said.

"I guess," Delilah replied.

"And you both like her, don't you?" asked Madeline.

"She's one of my best friends," said Rory. She motioned to Delilah, "She's my other best friend."

"Truly, completely fascinating," said Louise.

"Rory, come in here a sec!" Lorelai called.

"I'll be right back," said Rory, getting up. She took another chocolate from Delilah, before going into the kitchen.

"Hey, how come you're not going to Chilton?" Madeline asked Delilah.

Louise nodded, "Yeah."

"It's because her partners go to public school," Paris said. "And she probably doesn't want to go to school without them."

Delilah shrugged, "Well, there's that, but it was just one opening. Besides, I'm not smart enough to go there."

"I think you're smart," Madeline said.

"My report cards don't," Delilah stated. "Besides, the workload would just murder me. All I want to do is open up my own bakery, that's how average I am, anyway."

"Sounds quaint," Louise said.

"Yeah," said Madeline.

"I work part-time at Weston's Bakery. I figured that since my mom worked her up at the Independence Inn to executive manager, I can do the same at Weston's," Delilah explained.

"Start from the bottom, work your way to the top," said Madeline. "Interesting."

"Oh, ladies!" called Lorelai. She walked in, holding a plate with Pop-Tarts, "Hey, what are you guys doing tonight?"

Madeline asked, "Why?"

"Well, we have these really great tickets to see the Bangles at the Pastorella Theater and Rory thought you might like to come along," explained Lorelai.

"Are you serious?" asked Madeline, sounding eager.

"No way," said Louise.

"Yeah – I mean, if you guys want to," said Rory.

"I would love to go," said Madeline.

"Count me in," Louise said.

"Paris, what about you?" asked Rory.

"I can't," replied Paris.

"Yes you can," said Louise.

"No, I can't," replied Paris.

"Because you're busy doing what?" prodded Louise.

"I have homework," answered Paris.

"She'll be there," said Madeline.

"Good," said Rory.

"Great," said Lorelai.

When they got at the concert, Rory decided to show the Chilton girls the bracelet Dean made for her. "He made it."

"Oh, he's handy," said Madeline. "How great."

"And you wear it all the time, right?" asked Louise.

"Just when she's breathing," said Lorelai.

"Did Sam or Matt make you anything?" Madeline asked Delilah.

"Samantha made me this scarf and she made me these arm warmers," Delilah said, motioning to the candy-cane scarf and the arm warmers.

"Oh, that's cute," said Louise, looking at the scarf.

"She makes clothes," Delilah said.

"What about Matt?" asked Madeline.

"He draws us pictures," Delilah said. It used to be true, but Vanessa yelled about how since no one in her family can draw, he shouldn't either, and then threw the papers in the trash. Now Matt refused to draw in fear of the same thing happening again. However, the three girls don't need to know that.

"It's a love thing," Sookie chimed in.

"Thanks for the contributions," said Rory.

"Okay, here," said Lorelai, offering the tickets, but pulled them back when Delilah reached for them. "Ah! With these tickets you are about to enter sacred space, you will be treading on hallowed ground, you will be walking like an Egyptian."

"Mom," Rory said.

"Take 'em. Oh, you're going to have a great time. The Bangles are the best! They were my favorite band in high school. I almost named one of you two, Susanna. The day I found out they had no musical talent at all was the saddest day of my life," said Lorelai.

"I'm sorry," said Rory.

"Well, you say that now," said Lorelai. "Here, okay, these are probably located–" She looked at an usher, "Hi."

"Hi," greeted the usher.

"Can you tell where these seats are?" asked Lorelai.

"Uh, those are right in here," the usher replied.

"Oh, good, girls...okay, here's the deal," Lorelai explained, "Take the tickets, go to your seats, have the night of a lifetime – Bangle it up. The second the concert is over, leash up Lila because she has a habit of getting lost in crowded places, and meet us outside in front of the theater, got it?"

"Yes," said Rory.

"Good! Now go!" ordered Lorelai.

"Thank you," said Rory, hugging Lorelai. Delilah hugged Lorelai too.

"You're welcome," said Lorelai.

The teens went through the doors and started to find the seats.

"Which aisle is it?" asked Paris.

"Row nine," Delilah said.

"Yeah, we're almost there," said Louise.

"I have never sat this close to a stage before. In fact, I've never even really been to a concert before so I could be sitting at the back and say the same thing," said Madeline.

Delilah was in disbelief, "Really? You never got to see your favorite band live?"

"No," said Madeline.

"In here," said Louise, finding the seats.

Delilah almost got walked into a man, but Rory took her arm, and had to lead her to the seats.

"Oh good," said Madeline.

"Wow, these are amazing seats," said Rory.

"Yes they are," said Louise.

Delilah looked behind her, to see some college-aged guys behind them. Oh. Why were they here? Did their girlfriends drag them to see The Bangles? She looked at the stage.

Rory asked, "What are they looking at?"

"One guess," Paris said, sounding far to used to it.

Rory looked behind her.

"Check it out, we've got fans," said one guy.

"Ew," Delilah said.

"Was I right?" asked Paris.

"You were right," replied Rory.

"And before its dark, they'll have every picnic basket that's in Jellystone Park," said Paris.

The hell is she talking about? Delilah wondered.

The concert was going on and Delilah was sort of getting why her mother liked them, but they still weren't her favorite.

"Oh my God! He is so gorgeous," Louise gushed.

"Probably," Delilah said, not interested in the college guys.

"I guess," replied Rory.

"Listen, there's a massive party going on right around the corner," Louise said.

"So what?" asked Delilah.

"So they invited us," Louise said.

"Who?" asked Rory.

"Jess and Sean," said Louise. "We've been talking to them this whole time. They're extremely cool."

"Are we going?" asked Madeline.

"Go where?" asked Rory.

"To the party?" replied Madeline.

"There's a concert going on," said Rory.

"The band won't miss us," Louise stated.

"We can't just leave, Louise," said Rory.

"It's America, Rory," said Louise.

"We have to meet my mom after the show," said Rory.

"Oh, come on," said Louise.

"What do you mean 'oh, come on'? We have to meet my mother after the concert. The band may not miss us, but Lorelai sure will," said Rory.

"These guys are so cute," said Madeline.

"Who cares if they are?" Delilah said.

"We're still not going anywhere," Rory replied.

Louise taunted, "What? Are you afraid?"

"Of going out into a strange city with two guys I don't know? Yeah," said Rory.

"I don't want to end up in some creep's disgusting pervert basement somewhere," Delilah said. She recalled those words that came from Samantha on the disastrous triple date.

"Rory, Lila, please!" begged Madeline.

"No!" replied Rory.

"I don't want to end dead or worse," Delilah said. "Those guys are college-aged! That's not cute or sexy, that's disgusting! They should know better! They belong on a list!"

"Well, we're going," declared Louise.

"No, you're not," Rory replied.

"Paris, join please?" asked Louise.

Paris seemed a little distant as she replied, "No, thanks."

"Fine, come on Madeline," said Louise.

"And just what am I supposed to tell my mother?" asked Rory.

"That you and your sister are very good little girls," replied Louise scathingly, as she got up to leave.

"Louise," Rory started.

"The party's in a building on the corner of Waverly and First. Try to get away," said Madeline, leaving as well.

And this was why Delilah wished Samantha was there. Samantha could handle these situations and tell the two girls straight up why leaving with college-aged guys was a bad idea.

But this situation was maybe deserved, so Louise and Madeline could learn why it's a bad idea.

"In a building on the corner of Waverly and First," Delilah said to herself.

"What? You're not going!" Rory snapped.

"No, I'm trying to memorize the address, for when Mom has to take us there to get them back," Delilah said.

"You know, I really like this band," Paris said.

At least she was into the concert.

"Your friends took off to go with college aged guys," Delilah said.

"They always leave me to go after guys," Paris said, very casually

"You need better friends and taste in guys," Delilah said.

Paris ignored her.

That was fair.

After the concert finished, Louise and Madeline still hadn't returned. Delilah was feeling antsy over the two girls. She really hoped that they weren't in some creep's basement.

"Well?" asked Paris.

"I couldn't find Mom or Sookie anywhere," replied Rory.

"So what do we do now?" asked Paris.

"I guess we just wait here for them to find us," said Rory.

"Okay," said Paris.

"I can't believe Louise and Madeline would just leave like that," said Rory.

"They've done it before," replied Paris.

"Again, you need better friends," Delilah pointed out.

Paris shrugged.

"Can I ask you a question?" asked Rory.

"Maybe," replied Paris.

"What could you possible see in Tristan?" asked Rory.

"You wouldn't understand," said Paris.

"Is it just that he's cute?" asked Rory.

"Partly," responded Paris.

"There are a lot of cute guys in the world that aren't dicks," Delilah said.

Rory nodded.

"He's not always a jerk," said Paris.

"Hard to believe," said Delilah.

"I've known Tristan a really long time, okay? We've been in the same class since kindergarten," responded Paris.

"Really?" asked Rory.

"Yes...and he has things in his life that are hard. His parents – not so great," said Paris. "We have that in common."

"Matt's mother is a bitch," Delilah said. "She wouldn't even care if he died in a ditch. She locks him out of the house at a certain time! She steals his paychecks! She hasn't even feed him since he was five-years-old! He just found out that he has a half-brother! And you know what? He doesn't use that as an excuse to be a total dick to everyone! That's an explanation, not an excuse!" She hated how she got worked up over it, but she hated Vanessa so much.

Rory had to grab her shoulders, "Lila, please, calm down. People are looking."

"Is everything all right over there?" a man called.

"Yeah," called Rory. "She really hates her boyfriend's mother."

"Same thing happened to me in high school," the man called.

"Oh, okay," replied Rory, as the man walked away.

Delilah wasn't sure if the man really met he hated his boyfriend's parents, or if he meant he hated his girlfriend's parents.

"He kissed me once," said Paris.

"Who?" asked Delilah.

"Tristan," said Paris.

"He did?" asked Rory.

"In the sixth grade – on a dare," admitted Paris.

"How romantic," Rory said sarcastically.

"You just don't know him like I do, okay?" Paris replied.

"Okay, I believe you," said Rory.

"We just think that you could do far better than him," Delilah said.

Rory nodded, "Yeah, far better."

"I know he's flirting with me to get to either of you, but at least he's flirting with me," said Paris.

"You need better self-esteem too," Delilah said. "Again, find a guy who will like you for you and not use you to get to someone else."

Lorelai came up, grinning, "Hey, glad to see that Lila is here and not lost in the crowd. Think fast." She tossed Delilah a rolled up shirt, then one at Rory and Paris, "T-shirts for all the girls because I'm the good witch of the – hey, aren't you missing a couple of kids?"

"Madeline and Louise took off," Delilah started.

"Excuse me?" asked Lorelai.

Rory started speaking, "They met these guys and they—"

"What guys?" interrupted Lorelai.

"Some guys named Jess and Sean," Delilah started again.

"They were sitting behind us," Rory started.

"And they were having a party on the corner of Waverly and First," Delilah finished.

"Unbelievable!" said Lorelai.

"What's going on?" asked Sookie.

"They left," said Lorelai.

"What?" asked Sookie.

"Let's go, come on, move," ordered Lorelai.

"I leave the house with five girls, I'm coming home with five girls," Lorelai said, walking into the apartment building.

It sounded like there was a baby crying somewhere in the apartment.

Lorelai knocked on a door. A woman answered it and Lorelai said, "Hi, I'm looking for a couple of college boys, who might live here or have friends who live here."

"I don't talk to anyone. People annoy me," said the woman. She closed the door.

Delilah nodded, "That's fair."

Lorelai went and found Sookie, listening at a door.

"What are you doing?" Delilah asked.

"She found him with the blonde again," Sookie whispered.

Lorelai groaned.

"She's gonna knock on every door in the entire building isn't she?" Paris asked.

"Yep," said Rory.

"Wow," Paris replied.

"When she puts her mind to something, she'll make sure it gets done," Delilah said.

Rory nodded.

Lorelai was knocking on a door. "Hello? Is anyone home?"

Sookie knocked on a door, causing a dog to bark, "Aah! Let's go follow your mother."

"I wonder if I was missing, if my mom would come looking for me like that," Paris said.

"Paris, you know she would," said Rory.

"Yeah, or at least, she'd send somebody," said Paris.

"Matt's mother wouldn't," Delilah muttered.

"Stop thinking about her," Rory said.

Lorelai knocked on a door and Delilah heard music playing.

"Music," said Sookie, pointing.

"Let's go," said Lorelai. She knocked on the door and a guy wearing a leather jacket opened it.

"That's one of the creeps," said Delilah.

"Yeah?" the guy said.

"Thanks, hi, could you move please?" Lorelai said.

"What?" said the guy.

Lorelai walked past the guy, along with Sookie, and the three teens.

"Hey, did you miss me?" Lorelai asked Madeline and Louise, who were holding blue plastic cups.

"Lorelai," greeted Louise.

"Ms. Gilmore," Lorelai replied. "Put the cups down, let's move."

"Is there a problem?" asked the leather jacket guy.

Lorelai said, "Yeah, see those two idiots over there? They're sixteen – underage and I bet you're not. I also bet those big fancy party cups aren't holding lemonade. You really want to end any further conversations with me so step aside Skippy." The guy moved away, "Move your asses outside – now!"

Madeline and Louise took off outside the apartment. Delilah followed after them.

"Do you both really want to end up in some guys' basement?" Delilah ranted at them. "You could've ended up dead! Being with college guys isn't hot!"

"Lila, I got this," Lorelai said. "Hey. I am not even going to begin to tell you how completely insane it is to take off with anyone you don't know or drink thins that you don't know what's in them, or act like you have a clue when you don't, but so help me God, if you ever pull a stunt like this again, it will not be around my kids! Do you understand me?"

Louise said, "Yes."

"Yes," replied Madeline.

"Good, now let's go," said Lorelai. "I can't wait to meet your parents. We have some catching up to do. I think we'll just talk and talk and talk all night long."

It looked like Louise rolled her eyes, so Delilah glared at her.

Lorelai motioned with her head for them to get moving.

"You know what?" said Paris. "I think this is the best night I've ever had."

"That's sad," Delilah said. They kept walking down the hallway. Delilah admitted, "I like you, Paris. You don't pull any stupid stunts like what Madeline and Louise did. Don't ruin it."

"God, I wish I was there to see Lorelai yanking those two idiots out of that man's apartment," Samantha said. She was looking through some boxes.

Matt nodded, "Yeah. That would've been so cool."

"What did you and Eli talk about?" Delilah asked.

Matt shrugged, "There wasn't much talking. We just sat and stared at each other awkwardly. He admitted he was looking for her and that's why he came to Stars Hollow. He wanted to me to meet his side of the family, but I declined, and he said 'all right.'"

"That would be weird," Samantha said. "Imagine your adult son coming in with some teen, 'Hey, look, I found my long-lost half-brother.'"

Matt laughed, "Yeah. That would be interesting, but not right now. Eli and I are planning on having another conversation soon. We just need to find something to break the ice. It's really weird, but it's nice to talk to someone who wants to talk me."

"We want to talk to you," Delilah said. She spotted Luke and Lorelai talking. "Did you know that Luke dated someone named Rachel?"

"I heard rumors, but was never sure," Matt said.

"I think I heard that he did. I hope she was hot," Samantha said.

"I hope so," Matt said. He looked at something on a table and picked up a horrifyingly mangled naked Barbie doll. He held it up and said in a girly voice, "Kiss me."

Delilah put one arm around his neck and kissed him, because he told her to. Matt seemed really surprised. Delilah pulled away and Samantha kissed Matt's cheek.

"You know, I still can't believe that when I was trying to my mom about you and Eli being half-brothers, she thought I wanted to date Eli as well," Delilah said.

Samantha giggled, "He's not invited."

"I thought our relationship was closed," Matt said.

Delilah laughed, "It is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 191 29
Hilary, the twin Gilmore daughter to Rory, finds herself in a new, troubling and confusing relationship after moving from Stars Hollow High to Chilto...
2.3K 59 16
We've all seen the show. And we all love Rory and Lorelai's mother and daughter relationship. But what if Rory had a similar relationship with someon...
135K 1.7K 27
In this story the bad girl of Yale, Brooke Gilmore (Rory Gilmore's sister) meets the bad boy of Yale, Logan Huntzberger. As Brooke tries to do her s...
364K 10.2K 43
She was the perfect small town girl. She was smart, kind, and polite to everyone she met. But she had big dreams, dreams that went far beyond the tow...