My Next Life as the Neglected...

By idek5143

!!ORIGINAL STORY!! Chae-hee, a Korean woman who escaped her past pains by moving to America. Enjoying her lif... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94

Chapter 61

12K 549 126
By idek5143

"No?"

The Grand Duke asked confused.

"Why would I take back words that are nothing but the truth?"

Irene asked confused.

The man was too stunned to speak as he realized Irene did not see anything wrong with the words that were said to him.

Robert flinched and Lucas stared in surprise.

"You were obedient as a kid," he said.

"You know you got to stop holding on to the past," Irene smiled.

The room was quiet.

Everyone knows the Grand Duke is stuck in the past when his wife was alive, he stayed calm, however.

Irene indirectly shaded him, did she enjoy it?

Very much, not much of a reaction though...

Irene complained in her thoughts, "I see you already summoned all the elements," he said changing the conversation.

"Ah yes."

The conversation was cut short, Irene showed signs of not wanting to continue the chat with the Grand Duke.

"Why are you being so difficult?"

The Grand Duke asked Irene, "I am being difficult?" Irene was flabbergasted, she couldn't believe this man-child called her difficult.

The Grand Duke just tsked in response, Robert stayed quiet, but you can see he was a bit shocked.

Lucas was shocked and then just stared intensely at Irene, she flinched as she felt a burning gaze at her.

She tried to not make eye contact, she felt awkward and uncomfortable with the glances of the three of them.

"Is that it?"

Irene asked the Grand Duke with a cold stare, "Well..."

He hesitated before answering and then was interrupted.

"Great! You may leave now if you feel uncomfortable with your daughter," Irene clasped her hands and said with a bright smile.

Leaving the Grand Duke with no words, he just nodded his head and went to get the door to exit.

Robert looked back and forth between Irene and Grand Duke, then followed his father, Lucas glanced at Irene before following.

The door was opened and three people fell to the ground.

Irene was shocked.

"Alice. Sasha. Josiah."

Irene said in pure anger, "What were you guys doing?"

She greeted them with a threatening smile.

The Grand Duke was so close to losing it, but just greeted the Royal Siblings and quickly left so did the other two.

"W-we apologize Irene!"

Alice sweated as she stuttered.

"I'm deeply sorry! Please don't be mad at me..."

Sasha begged for Irene's forgiveness, a sudden change in her personality.

"Sorry."

Josiah just said a simple apology while not looking Irene in the eye; however, the avoidance of eye contact disappeared right away.

He looked Irene in the eyes, Irene froze and met eyes with him.

"Sasha, Alice, leave the room, for now, I need to discuss something with Irene," Josiah said sitting down.

Sasha was not having it, and Alice was dragging her out of the room then the door slammed shut.

"What is it?"

Irene asked him with a curious tone.

Josiah stayed quiet and looked at her attentively.

Irene was getting a bit shy, "What is it? Did your stalker roots grow back?"

She teased, but Josiah still looked at Irene in the face without a single word.

Silence took over the room.

"Josiah, what is it you want?"

Josiah smirked and crossed his legs, "I was just admiring you," he said slyly.

Irene took a moment to process and grabbed the pillow on the couch and threw it at his face.

He was smacked hard on the face and covered his face in pain, "Ow..."

Josiah peaked at Irene with one eye open and was fazed.

Irene was red, with her white pale skin painted with a tint of rose pink, her white hair around her face as sunlight highlights her face.

"You...are really pretty as well," he murmured and then another pillow was thrown at his face, another hard throw.

"Ow ow, okay lesson learned, I'm sorry!"

He begged for mercy, but looked at Irene's reaction once more and burst into laughter.

"Shut up."

"Make me."

Irene was about to grab another pillow, but Josiah hurriedly stopped her by restraining her hand.

"Okay, I'll stop," Josiah tried to calm Irene, she sighed and said fine quietly.

"So? What is it?"

Irene asked one more time.

"We overheard a lot of things," Josiah felt bad for eavesdropping once more, "Like my conversation?"

Irene rolled her eyes as she spoke, "Well...yeah, and..."

"Say no more."

Irene quickly stopped Josiah, she knew he was going to talk about the relationship between the Grand Duke and her.

Everyone knows already, but she does not like to discuss it with other people.

"Alright...I was just wondering if you were okay."

He said feeling a bit down, Irene tilted her head as he saw Josiah's current state as a sobbing puppy.

He is kind of cute..wait, I keep forgetting.

Irene looked at Josiah with fierce eyes.

You killed me.

Josiah wondered why Irene was in a foul mood looking at him with anger in her eyes.

"Did I upset you?"

He asked.

"No, I just rather be alone right now."

Irene sighed deeply and rubbed her eyes and laid her head while sitting on the couch.

"Okay."

He said exiting.

Irene felt as if she was tired after speaking with the Grand Duke, she felt the energy from today was already drained.

She felt her eyes closing then complete darkness.

"What did you guys talk about?"

Sasha asked eagerly Josiah, he shook off his little sister.

"Nothing," he said with a bitter face and left to the guest room.

"And tell everyone to stay out of the library," he spoke as he walked away.

"Why?"

Sasha asked in protest.

"She's sleeping," Josiah said smiling at his sister.

"Alright, fine."

The two walked away as Irene took her peaceful nap, later, someone comes in a put a blanket over Irene.

"Sleep well," Josiah said since he didn't close the door fully, Sofia, Irene's dog came running in.

Josiah calmed her down, but Sofia realized right away her owner was sleeping and laid down beside Irene.

Josiah gently smiled at the scene, and quietly left the room.

"Ralph and Trevor are moving in their sleep!"

The house was in a hurry and was loud as the news spread.

"Call Irene!"

But a flash of panic was spread in the mansion when they realized...

"She isn't waking up!"

Josiah, Sasha, and Alice entered the room and tried to wake up Irene as well, the two girls were freaking out and calling for her in frantic.

"Don't."

Josiah put his hands on the two girls' shoulders.

"She's alive and breathing, just can't wake up," he remained calm.

"Do you know why brother?" Sasha asked.

"I...do not know."

He bit his lips as he found the situation they were in helpless.

"Trevor and Ralph are showing signs of waking up, why are you asleep?"

Josiah asked quietly.

Irene remembers being in the living room then suddenly she woke up, but not in the library.

"Where the hell am I?"

Irene screamed out loud and called for Undine and others, but no one answered.

"This is why I don't take naps."

Irene flopped down and sat down on the floor hopelessly.

The room was just pitch black.

What can I do in this situation...?!

~Author's Note~

CLIFFHANGERS CLIFFHANEGRS also I knew you guys were gonna talk abt Last Avater from last chapter, LMAO

- ANMU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 364 48
{If you like the Novel 'How To Get My Husband On My Side' it's similar with a little twist and more antagonist} I Haera Chu possessed a minor villain...
54.7K 4.2K 67
Stories of how to survive as an evil duke's daughter are nothing new. But then fate just had to, really had to, put Lizzie at the center of such repe...
168K 6.6K 18
I suddenly became the villainess, but it is already the end scene? - She doesn't even realize where she is or who she is. She undergoes the torture...
52.8K 2.1K 36
Being reborn as Adrianna Deor, the villainess of this novel, could be seen as her greatest fortune, in her life full of misfortunes. After her reinca...