The Resistance || Money Heist

By sweetea_101

'Ava ached for his touch. She wondered if he kissed the same, touched the same, fucked the same.' Andres De... More

The Resistance
Backstory || .001
The Halfway House || .002
The Night Before || .003
The Morning Of || .004
Breaking In || .005
Rule Numero Tres || .006
Here Comes Trouble || .007
Old Passion || .008
Numero Dos Dias || .009
Gunshots || .010
Panic || .011
My Sister|| .012
Snitch || .013
Proof of Life || .014
Complicated Relationships || .015
The Truth || .016
Shoot Out || .017
Worries || .018
First Wedding || .019
Matriarchy || .020
Public Eye || .021
Tokyo || .022
Goodbyes || .023
The Tunnel || .024
Andres .026
The Gang .027
Feelings .028
The Brother .029
Frustration .030
Bank of Spain .031
The Governor .032
Straight into Battle .033
Better than You .034
That Stupid Belt .035
Consequences .036
Wildfire .037
Communication .038
The Radio .039
Dysfunctional Family || .040
Rio || .041
Plan Alcatraz || .042
Teddy Bear || .043
Axel || .044

Find You || .025

508 16 12
By sweetea_101

       "Valencia!" Denver was shouting over and over again. Monica was now ahead of them. Denver told her to go ahead because Ava still wasn't moving. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. She couldn't peel her eyes off of Martin on the ground. He could barely hold himself up from the bullet wound in his thigh. "Valencia! Please!" Denver was now begging her, shaking her to snap her out of her trance. Ava snapped her head, finally looking at Denver. Her eyes were red and swollen with tears. "Please, Valencia." His voice was low this time. Ava looked back at Martin when she heard him cry out in pain, being pushed to the ground by the police roughly. She didn't want to leave Martin, even though they had continuous issues the last few months. She had been with him for years now, and even though sometimes they had fights and really, they weren't soulmates, she still found it hard to leave him to be arrested. Ava took a deep breath, nodding her head quickly, finally agreeing to move. 

       "Okay." She finally agreed. "Okay." Denver offered her a small smile, but it was quick. He hurried off, not releasing her arm for the first few minutes that they were running from the police. Martin and Ava had made so many plans before coming into the heist, but they weren't even leaving together. Ava was hopefully leaving with millions of dollars, and Martin was arrested. He would probably spend his life behind bars for the robbery. "Denver." Ava finally stopped at the top of the stairs, stopping Denver the best she could. He looked at her with confusion. "I can't leave without him." Denver knew she wasn't talking about Martin this time, but he didn't want her to stop and wait for Berlin either. Denver and Ava grew a close bond as friends. They shared a lot of moments and he cared about her. He didn't want her to risk her life for Berlin, someone he wasn't even sure could have real feelings. "Go find Monica." She said this and Denver's eyes softened. He looked at her with worry still. He wrapped his arms around her quickly, pecking a kiss on her cheek in case something was to happen. When he let go of her he took a deep breath and nodded his head, slowly stepping away from her. 

       "I'll see you when you come through the tunnel." There was uncertainty in his voice as he said the words. Ava offered him a smile that she forced, tears still fresh in her eyes. It had only been a few days in the Mint, but the days had dragged on and felt like months. She couldn't wait to get the hell out of there and never return to the life of crime again. She was fine before this, but she wasn't privileged. She had a close-knit family and an okay-paying job, but she still couldn't find that happiness that she once had when she was around her childhood love. He ran off in one direction and Ava ran the opposite, hoping that Berlin would be in the direction she was going. He was going to be the last one out being the leader, and she wanted to be with him, even if it ended in prison. Ava stopped in her tracks, finding Berlin with Nairobi, getting her to shut off the machines completely. It was time for everyone to evacuate. The police weren't far behind them, and they'd have to move quickly if they wanted to escape. Berlin's eyes went straight to Ava, noticing how broken she seemed to be.

       "What happened?" Berlin stepped over to Ava, stopping directly in front of her. Ava brought a hand up and wiped away the tears. She wore her emotions right on her sleeve. 

        "Martin was arrested." She spoke his real name, not even thinking for a second of his city name. Nairobi furrowed her eyebrows, worry in her eyes now. "They shot him, and they arrested him. " She was blabbering a little now. "They were right behind Denver and me. We barely got away. We have to go." She looked from Nairobi back to Berlin. His eyes locking with hers calmed her a bit. She felt almost at ease amidst the gunfire all around them. "We have to go." She repeated the words, but this time it was firmer and less scared. "Tokyo and Rio are probably already out, and Denver and Monica probably are too." She reloaded her gun while they were waiting, and Berlin took a deep breath. He seemed to be contemplating a million things at once. 

       "Let's go." Berlin agreed with her. Nairobi nodded, leaving the room first and heading towards the stairs. Berlin looked over Ava, wanting to comfort her so badly. He didn't even edge to her. Instead, he turned and walked out of the room, Ava following. Berlin's steps slowed so that he was barely behind her, and he dropped a hand to Ava's lower back. They were quickly going down the hall, hurrying as quickly as possible towards the tunnel. They were finally to it, but they could still hear the police close behind them. It would be hard to get through the tunnel, change, and load into their getaway vehicle in a matter of five minutes. The police would come through the tunnel and catch them just as they were leaving. All of their planning and hard work would go to waste. They would be facing life behind bars, and they'd never get to see each other again. Ava would never truly get to explain how much she loved Berlin. 

            "We need to hurry." Ava was panicked. Stopping to make sure that Berlin was coming had put her in danger, but it was worth it to her. She wouldn't change it even if she got caught in the end. Nairobi looked towards the both of them. 

          "Berlin," Nairobi called out, stepping from the ladder for a moment. Everyone's eyes went to Berlin. He seemed to be somewhere else, lost in thoughts. "Let's go." Berlin stood there firmly, his eyes going from Nairobi to Ava. Ava furrowed her eyebrows. She could tell something was running through Berlin's mind. 

         "Berlin," Ava reach a handout, touching Berlin's arm softly. "Come on, we have to hurry." Berlin stayed where he was, and Ava got a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. "No." Ava snapped the word out as soon as she realized what was going on. He was planning on distracting the police to give them enough time to leave. Nairobi sighed in disbelief, tears welling in her eyes, but Helsinki pulled her arm, tugging her towards him. Nairobi was soft-hearted and she didn't always agree with Berlin, but she didn't want him to die. They all needed to leave together, especially after already losing two members. "No." Ava snapped again. Berlin was staring at her with tears in his own eyes now. His stare was hard and determined, but she could tell still so very bothered. For the first time, she could see fear in his eyes. She could see emotion. "No!" Ava screamed the word now, unbothered by the fact that the police were close by. 

           "Helsinki, " Berlin peeled his eyes off of Ava and looked straight to the Serbian man who was by the ladder, "take them both through. I'll distract the police long enough for you all to get away." Ava snapped her head to look at Helsinki as he walked over to her. 

         "Don't touch me." Ava's voice was loud and firm as she said this, reaching a hand out as if it would stop Helsinki from coming towards her. "Helsinki, don't." She ordered him, but her orders meant nothing. Berlin was in command, and although they didn't want him dead, this was their smartest move to get away. "Andres," Ava's voice was shaky now. "Baby, please." She cried out the words, shaking her head. Nairobi sighed, reaching a hand out to Ava's arm. Ava pulled away from her grip, stepping directly in front of Berlin. "I'll stay with you." 

        "No." Berlin admittedly was shocked that she said she'd stay by his side, but he wasn't staying back to get arrested. He was staying back to die, and he wouldn't be willing to let her die with him. "You can't." He brought a shaking hand up to her cheek, running a thumb along it. She was sobbing in his hand, staring at him with pleading eyes. "I love you, Ava." They weren't using their city names now. "It's always been you." The pain in her stomach was twisting in knots, the fear rising. 

          "Valencia," Nairobi spoke her name softly, trying to be gentle with her. She reached out a hand again, and Ava again jerked her arm away. 

          "Go through the tunnel. I'm staying." Ava was determined to stay. She looked from Nairobi to Helsinki and this just made Berlin sigh. Nairobi was on the verge of tears again, staring at the two of them. Berlin wrapped his arms around Ava finally, embracing her in a hug. To him, this would be the last time he'd ever touch her. This was all he needed before knowing this was the right choice. It almost seemed as if Berlin was just accepting it. He seemed to be accepting Ava staying with him. Ava relaxed in his arms, raising her head to press her lips to his. Their kiss silenced the rest of the world. They could no longer hear the shooting, the gaining of the police, and the fear they both felt once before, had all washed away. Berlin pulled away, but he kept his eyes locked with Ava's. Ava felt at peace in his arms. Berlin raised a hand behind Ava's back, gesturing for Helsinki to come get her. Ava sensed Helsinki behind her and she tried quickly to move and fight him off, but he was too quick. He picked her up like she was lighter than a feather. Nairobi was already heading down the ladder. "No!" Ava was screaming, kicking, and fighting with Helsinki, trying to get down from his grip. "Andres, please don't do this." She begged him as she cried out. Andres just watched the sigh unfold, apologizing repeatedly as Helsinki finally started down the ladder. Ava was put down at the bottom of the ladder, and she tried to straighten herself out. She stared up at Berlin who was now standing at the top of the ladder, staring down at her with tears in his own eyes. He mouthed 'I love you' just as she was being pulled away by Nairobi. Nairobi knew better than to press Ava on this. She was heartbroken. She had just lost Martin and Andres in one day. Nothing she said would be able to make her feel any better. The tunnel was long and it felt like it went on forever. They were greeted by the Professor as soon as they were on the other side. His eyes went from Helsinki to Nairobi and then rested on Ava. He had a sinking at the pit of his stomach, noticing the tears that were fresh on Ava's face. 

        "Berlin?" The Professor inquired about his brother as he stepped towards the tunnel, looking through in hopes of seeing him coming through soon after. They were all silent for a moment. Ava took a deep breath, mustering up enough courage to speak. 

         "He stayed behind." The words barely escaped her lips. The Professor furrowed his brows, worry clouding his expression now. 

          "What do you mean he stayed behind?" He questioned. 

          "The police were right behind us." Nairobi started, "he stayed behind to give us enough time. " The Professor looked around quickly, trying his best not to panic. 

          "Andres," The Professor immediately called his brother from the earpiece. Ava still had hers in. She could hear every word they spoke. He turned away from the others, trying to get himself together. 

          "Professor," Andres spoke back to him in a loud but firm tone. They could hear gunfire in the background as he spoke. Ava looked towards the tunnel that Helsinki was purposely standing in front of. Everyone knew that the Professor, Berlin, and Ava had a special relationship outside of the heist. They went back to six-year-old neighbors, and friends. The Professor and Berlin had a hidden relationship. Brothers. They truly loved each other and would sacrifice anything for one another. "I'm a little busy right now." Berlin still seemed a bit comedic, even when facing death.

        "Enter the tunnel." The Professor begged him. 

        "Negative." Andres only said that word, beginning to fire again. 

        "We're going to blow up the tunnel. Get out." Ava looked straight at Sergio when he said this. Although she knew it was in the plans, she didn't want it to happen. She couldn't accept that Andres was going to die. 

          "They're closing in, it's too late. Move forward." All of the gunfire started again, and Ava glared at Helsinki with anger in her eyes, stepping over towards the tunnel. Helsinki didn't budge. 

           "I'm not leaving without you. You know that. " The Professor usually sounded serious and firm, but his voice was breaking now. Ava tried her best to come up with some plan to get Berlin out of there but nothing. She didn't know if it was the stress, or if nothing would work, but her mind fell blank every time. Nairobi stepped close to Ava, wanting to comfort her friend. Ava's head fell in her hands, tears pouring out. She was listening to his last words over the headset. 

          "You promised not to stick around if things got ugly and they did," Berlin spoke. He wasn't just speaking to the Professor with these words. He meant it towards Ava too. "Helsinki," Berlin started, "blow the tunnel." Ava and Sergio's head both snapped over to look at Helsinki, the Professor's hand coming out in a pleading motion. 

       "Helsinki don't," Ava begged him, but her words came out angrily and fiercely. She couldn't accept that this would be it. 

         "Helsinki it's an order soldier, blow the tunnel!" Andres was now shouting as Helsinki brought the button out of his pocket. He was gripping it tightly in his hands, knowing he needed to do it. The Professor almost looked fearful, shaking his head and hurrying towards the tunnel. He couldn't get past Helsinki. Instead, Helsinki held him back. "I love you, little brother, don't forget that." The Professor was begging Andres, not wanting to lose his older brother, but Helsinki listened to his orders. The tunnel blew up with a click of a button and the Professor collapsed in defeat, crying in Helsinki's arms. Ava dropped to the ground, screaming out in a fit of her tears. "Ava," Berlin's voice again turned the room to silence. Ava looked up from the ground, controlling her crying the best she could. "I've loved you so much that it scared me," Andres admitted to her. His voice was soft. Ava could almost hear it breaking over the earpiece. "I'm sorry I was never the man I should've been for you. I only hope you can find the love you deserve." He stopped talking as he shot his gun over and over again. "I'll find you again in another life." Ava brought a hand up to her aching stomach. It felt as if a thousand knives had been thrown at her. 

        "I love you." Ava was able to get the words out, and Andres was content with his goodbyes. He pulled the earpiece out, turning it off and tossing it to the side so that they wouldn't hear as he went down. Ava looked straight to Sergio who was still crying for his brother. She wiped her tears away, standing up from the ground and pulling herself together the best she could. He was dying to help them get away, and she'd be dammed if it went to waste. She took a deep breath, allowing herself a moment before she walked straight over to the Professor. She knelt next to him, putting a hand on each cheek, and calmly spoke to him. "We have to go." She nodded her head in hopes of convincing him, but he just stared at her in pain. "Sergio, we have to go. Come on. Come on." She slowly pulled him out of Helsinki's grasp, wiping his tears away. The Professor was usually the one put together, but this time he was the one needing to be protected. With everything he's done for them, Ava knew she could do this for him. She would be the strong one even with the aching heart. 

[hi hi hi!! how did you like the chapter? The next chapter will be the start of season 3 but a few things will be changed compared to the show!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 549 29
"Mich... Michael! No, this is not right. Go away." Rose shook her head while stepping back. Ignoring her words, Michael walked forward till he caged...
1.1M 23.7K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
100K 3.1K 46
"I've never seen a broken girl be so badass," Caleb said with a smirk. _*_*_*_ Bianca is broken, all of her hope destroyed, her happiness shattered a...
6.2K 260 25
"Don't get too close it's dark inside. It's where my demons hide, " she said. "Come closer. There's hell inside of me. It's where your demons can li...