Pieces Of Love

By greyxry

~ "Love is like a puzzle; it's at first confusing, then frustrating, but if you figure it out, it's a b... More

♡ Prologue ♡
♡ Chapter 1 ♡
♡ Chapter 2 ♡
♡ Chapter 3 ♡
♡ Chapter 4 ♡
♡ Chapter 5 ♡
♡ Chapter 6 ♡
♡ Chapter 7 ♡
♡ Chapter 8 ♡
♡ Chapter 9 ♡
♡ Chapter 10 ♡
♡ Chapter 11 ♡
♡ Chapter 12 ♡
♡ Chapter 13 ♡
♡ Chapter 14 ♡
♡ Chapter 15 ♡
♡ Chapter 16 ♡
♡ Chapter 17 ♡
♡ Chapter 18 ♡
♡ Chapter 19 ♡
♡ Chapter 20 ♡
♡ Chapter 21 ♡
♡ Chapter 23 ♡
♡ Chapter 24 ♡
♡ Chapter 25 ♡
♡ Chapter 26 ♡
♡ Chapter 27♡
♡ Chapter 28 ♡
♡ Chapter 29 ♡
♡ Epilogue ♡
♡ A/N ♡

♡ Chapter 22 ♡

1.5K 69 19
By greyxry

Zaria felt guilt pull in her gut as her thumb hovered over the call button. She knew Aubreyanne would probably understand why she had to cancel but she still felt bad. She pressed the phone to her ear, the ringing making her more nervous.

"Hey, Zaria. Is it time already?" Aurbeyanne asked once she picked up the phone. "I'm still finishing up on some documents. Guess I lost track of time"

Zaria bit her lip nervously. "No...I uh I'm gonna have to raincheck. Sorry" She mumbled. "I had promised to babysit for my friend while he and his husband went out of town for the weekend and I just forgot it was this weekend. And I did want to spend time with the kids since I've missed them so much"

"Oh, so what are you planning to do?"

Zaria shrugged. "I don't know. I was thinking of taking them around the city and maybe doing something fun"

"Well, why don't we all just go to the Amusement park together? It'll clear something off our list and I'm sure the kids will love it." Aubreyanne said. "Oh and I can bring Kathy too...it's been a while since I took her out"

"You don't mind being on babysitting duty?" She chuckled.

"Not at all," Aubreyanne said, and Zaria could hear the tapping of what she assumed was a pen. "I might enjoy it too"

"Alright, so we meet at the park at about three?"

"Sure. I'll see you there Regan" Aubreyanne chuckled before the line went dead and Zaria sat with a smile on her face and a giddy feeling in her gut.

Since it was Enzo's birthday Liam surprised him with a weekend trip and both Zaria and Zach had agreed to take care of the kids so they could enjoy themselves. The kids were coming into town with Zach and Madi and they'd be staying at a hotel since they all wouldn't fit in her apartment.

She'd promised to take the kids to hang out since she'd missed them so much and she would never have canceled on them, not when they called her that morning sounding so excited.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Madi asked worriedly as she watched all of them pile into Zaria's car.

Zara nodded. "Yea we'll just be over at the amusement park. Plus Alex and Olivia are old enough that I don't need to have an eye on them constantly"

Madi just gave ger a deadpan look and glanced over at the two teens. Alex sat in the passenger seat, Olivia shouting at him while she tried to pull the locked door open. Ethan and Eli the two toddlers were just talking about something in the back seat, paying no mind to them.

"Well to some degree" Zaria chuckled. "Plus I have a friend meeting us there"

"If you need anything or feel overwhelmed Zach and I are at the hotel the entire day," She said before bidding them all goodbye and they left soon after Oliva reluctantly settled in the back seat next to Eli and Ethan.

When they arrived Aubreyanne stood at the entrance with Kathy. Zaria spotted her with a smile and led them over.

"When you said kids I wasn't expecting this many" Aurbeyanne chuckled. "But it's nice to meet your beloved nieces and nephews"

Zaria rolled her eyes at her. "Yea...oh yea let me give some quick introductions," She said happily. "This is Alex. Liam and Enzo's oldest son" She said pointing to the light blond boy who just offered a polite smile. Zaria turned her thumb to the lively redhead beside her. "His sister-"

"Olivia. I'm thirteen. Nice to meet you. You're very pretty" Olivia said excitedly and Aubreyanne couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's straightforwardness.

"Nice to meet you, Oliva, you're very pretty two," She said chuckling at the light blush on Olvia's face.

"I'm Eli. I turn nine in four months" The younger girl pipped up and Zaria chuckled and nodded.

"She's my brother's daughter," Zaria said. "Oh this here..." She pulled her arm forward, causing the little boy who was still holding it tightly to step forward. "Ethan Liam and Enzo's youngest" She leaned forward and whispered. "He's the little shy bird of the group"

"Nice to meet you all. I'm Aubreyanne, but just call me Aubrey if it's easier" She said with a soft smile. "And this is my niece Kathy. She's also eight years old" Kathy smiled at them with a shy wave.

After their introductions, they got their entry bands and headed inside to begin their fun. After a few typical games like ring toss, Oliva and Alex got bored so Zaria let them go off to the rollercoaster together.

"You really love these kids, huh?" Aubreyanne chuckled as she and Zaria watched the three toddlers giggle loudly as they swirled in the giant teacup ride.

Zaria turned to her with a small nod. "Yea. I've watched them all grow up and been there for them. Plus they're just the most adorable little things" She said. "Most of the time"

Aubreyanne smiled as the ride came to an end and Kathy and Eli bounced over, the two girls had already become good friends and they both held one of Ethan's hands pulling him along.

"Aunty Zar. May we please have hot dogs?" Eli asked looking up at the older woman and both the toddlers beside her nodded enthusiastically.

Zaria chuckled with a small nod. "Of course, we can. I'll call Alex for them to meet us at the food court" She said taking out her phone.

They settled at one of the picnic-like tables with Alex Oliva Kathy and Zaria on one side. And Aubreyanne, Ethan, and Eli on the other. All of them had settled for hotdogs and drinks of their choice and then sat at the table as they waited for their drinks since the hod dogs were ready-made.

They'd broken out into their own mini conversations. The kids talked about some superhero they all loved, and Alex and Olivia giggled at something on Olivia's phone.

"Sorry again for having to...crash out plans with a bunch of kids," Zaria said glancing over at Aubreyanne.

"Don't apologize Regan. It's still fun, plus now I have an excuse to be here" Aubreyanne chuckled.

"Oh, we'll be coming back. I'll drag you here if I have to" Zaria said and they both laughed, unaware of the knowing look and smile Alex and Oliva sent each other as they watched them.

"Order 472"

"Oh looks like our drinks are ready. Alex, Oliva can you help me" Zaria said glancing at the man at the stall who waved them over.

Zaria and Alex each picked up two drinks each and Oliva just gather all three juice boxes in her hands.

As they made their way back to the table two bubbly girls shyly came up to them. They seemed nervous and quietly pushed each other to talk. They looked about the same age as Alex and stood hand in hand. One girl was slightly taller and had short curly blond hair and blue eyes. The other had long brown braids that she'd let down.

"Excuse me...Uh, we just wanted to say that your family is really cute" One of them spoke up, getting a confused glance from Zaria but Oliva and Alex both shared a look trying not to burst out in laughter. They hadn't thought anything would come from telling the two friendly lesbians they'd met while in line for the rollercoaster that they were here with their gay moms. It was just for jokes.

"We hope to be able to build a family like yours one day...Maybe not as big" The other one said, making it finally register what they were implying.

Alex let out a snickered laugh as they watched Zaria's face flush a deep share of red. "I'm sure you will one day, but our mom here needs to get these drinks back to her wife and other kids before they die of thirst" He laughed making Oliva almost double over in giggles as the girls bid them goodbye.

"What was that about?" Aubreyanne questioned as a blushing Zaria followed by the two laughing teens made it to the table. Zaria shook her head dismissively but sent Alex and Oliva a glare. She pushed Aubreyanne's drink towards her as she took her seat once more.

"They thought we were a family...Like you guys were our moms" Alex very clearly stared as Oliva distributed the juice boxes to the kids. Aubreyanne just nodded, seemingly nonchalant about the information but her pale skin betrayed her by making the hint of red obvious.

Oliva took her drink from Alex as she leaned over towards her brother. "They def like each other" She mumbled.

Alex nodded and hummed in agreement as he sipped his drink. "There's no doubt there." He whispered back, turning his attention to the rest of the table.

"I have two moms" Kathy declared proudly.

"I have two dads," Ethan said as pushed the straw into the juice box.

Eli was quiet for some time. "I have one mom and one dad," She said.

"Wait Kathy you have two moms?" Olivia asked.

She received a happy nod from the little girl. "Mhmm. Mom is a lesban and Mommy is a bicycle."

All of them chuckled at her mispronunciation of the words. "Lesbian and Bisexual" Aubreyanne corrected, knowing Kathy's mom's ever would because they found it too cute.

"Well what about you Miss Aubrey," Oliva asked with a mischievous grin, which spread to her brother's face. Zaria sent them a glare but they just chuckled at her.

Aubreyanne thought about it for a moment. "Well, I don't really care for gender. Case said I might be pansexual...I think that was it" She mumbled before shaking her head. "But I don't care about the labels either"

Zaria wasn't sure whether it was a good or bad thing that her stomach flipped and then knotted, even as the conversation steered towards Alex telling her what it was like discovering he was trans. Zaria just sat there with one thought in her mind. She'd always just assumed but now she was asking herself.

Am I straight?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 120 14
Natalia 'Talia' Ashford, a creative, compassionate soul, who has always believed in the power of love. But after a painful breakup, she becomes disil...
3.8M 99.2K 38
Highest ranking(s): #1 in pride #1 in les #1 in drama #1 in girlxgirl #2 in lesbian #4 in gxg #5 in lgbt (PART ONE OF TWO) Jennifer, a young and be...
3.6K 186 12
You've been grinding away at Interscope Records for the last two years, dreaming of the day you'd get your shot at working solo with an artist. Final...
553K 22K 40
Riley Brenan should've had the life she dreamed of when she was young. A good job, a lovely house and a beautiful wife. But life had other plans. Whe...